Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a Good F*$*&$ing Morning !

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 10:17 AM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Angry What a Good F*$*&$ing Morning !

Got ready for work ... walked downstairs my apartment notice the baby looks a bit lowered for some reason .. walk closer ... notice blue crates ... first thing came to mind was I got those parking boots like they do in NY... but wait a minute I live in a gated apartment community and I AM PARKED ON MY SPOT !!!

Next glance on the wheels ... This cant be happening to me
I walk on the other side ....

Well called cops .... called insurance .. GEICO is awesome till now... Within 1 hour enterprise was at my doorstep to pick me up. Everything was set up by Geico. Called my buddy service manager at Acura. He was like DAMN !!!! he asked me what insurance n told me its gonna take at least 48 hrs for the adjuster. Let me work something out to get some spares to you so at least we get the car here and get it inspected. Waiting on his call back now ....

Any advice you guys have ... Please don't tell me what I could have done ... cause it has already happened ... Just give me advice for what to do now ...
Thanks

Ahhhhh ....
Old 01-19-2011, 10:18 AM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
Yikes

Sorry for the loss.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:21 AM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
Originally Posted by mani
Any advice you guys have ... Please don't tell me what I could have done ... cause it has already happened ... Just give me advice for what to do now ...
Thanks
Looks like you covered everything, you need to wait it out and see what your insurance can do for you.
Oh, you can start looking on craigslist to see if any local sales pop up.

Mani, you just got this car too! did it have the lug nut locks on?
Old 01-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry for the loss but look at the bright side, at least you'll get brand new wheels.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Former Whiner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Man, I'd hate to be in your path today. Hulk Smash!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:31 AM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
damnnnnnn I would be heated!!!!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:32 AM
Instructor

At least it looks like a fairly clean wheel snatching job, seen some that the car gets mangled. Did you have locking lugs?
Old 01-19-2011, 10:35 AM
Mug
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
Why do people suck so much? I swear, if you like something, go buy it yourself. How can you feel any joy with stuff you stole knowing that you took that same joy from someone else? Oh, and that someone else is the one who paid for them. I don't see how people like that get up in the morning.

The only benefit I can see coming from this is a new set of custom rims. Start shopping!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mug
Why do people suck so much? I swear, if you like something, go buy it yourself. How can you feel any joy with stuff you stole knowing that you took that same joy from someone else? Oh, and that someone else is the one who paid for them. I don't see how people like that get up in the morning.

The only benefit I can see coming from this is a new set of custom rims. Start shopping!
thieves dont think like this.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Mug
Burning Brakes

Maybe put a sign on your car with your phone number in case someone saw something. Make it easy for a witness to get you some information. If they don't know how to contact you, they won't make the effort. They'll probably forget about it unless you act fast.

I think some local rim thieves were just caught because someone called in a license plate.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:42 AM
Mug
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by justnspace
Yeah, you're right. But crap, how else do you deal with someone molesting your car? The only thing I have had stolen was a badge. The scratched paint was touched up and the new badge cost only $20, but I felt horrible.

Just wish there was a way to prevent this from happening.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mug
Yeah, you're right. But crap, how else do you deal with someone molesting your car? The only thing I have had stolen was a badge. The scratched paint was touched up and the new badge cost only $20, but I felt horrible.

I do agree with you, tho. I take pride in myself and the things that I buy with my hard earned money.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wonton
sorry for the loss but look at the bright side, at least you'll get brand new wheels.
Ha I was thinking the same thing, Mr. Brightside.
I wish someone would steal mine!

Last edited by P_R_N_D; 01-19-2011 at 10:55 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:54 AM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
looks to me like someone knew what they were doing and they were probably in and out in a couple minutes. this was a premeditated attack on your car, sorry man. you were probably scoped out for a while, habits studied, etc etc.

wheel locks are merely for amateurs, anyone who knows what they're doing will get your wheels off one way or another. they make universal lug nut adapters that you can just jam on and twist off.

anyway, i would check with your neighbors. i mean you're in a gated community, are there any cameras posted?

sounds like you've done everything you could do regarding insurance, etc. i'd invest in a motion sensed alarm for your car, so that this kind of stuff doesn't happen again without some sort of warning.

sorry to see this, but on the bright side, your car isn't damaged and now you can get some fresh new wheels. good luck to you. let us know if you figure anything else out.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:04 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
And I GUARANTEE it was someone that lives in your apt!
Someone familiar with your routines and schedules and sees your car parked there a lot.
It doesn't seem like a random act... it was planned.

Last edited by P_R_N_D; 01-19-2011 at 11:07 AM.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:09 AM
THƎSƎ HOPƎFUL MACHINƎS

Very very sorry, man. Nothing feels worse than walking up to your car after it's been violated. I'm hopeful you have a very good experience with your insurance company, and that you're made whole quickly.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:28 AM
Racer

Looks like you covered everything, you need to wait it out and see what your insurance can do for you.
Oh, you can start looking on craigslist to see if any local sales pop up.

Mani, you just got this car too! did it have the lug nut locks on?
Yeah man Its only been 2 months

Originally Posted by wonton
I just got the car and coz of the scrubs by the previous owner, they had em refurbished for me on request... but lets see if i can talk acura service /collision dept in to A-spec wheels.

Originally Posted by Souljah
Man, I'd hate to be in your path today. Hulk Smash!
I wish I could break a bone or two.

Originally Posted by rtibbitts07
At least it looks like a fairly clean wheel snatching job, seen some that the car gets mangled. Did you have locking lugs?
No I didn't. I know its stupid ... but I just bought the car and the fact that they were OEM wheels ... I didn't expect them to be stolen. Dumb ... I know /... but I guess we learn from our mistakes.

Originally Posted by Mug

Lets see... Any one know how much is the difference between the wheels I had and the A-spec wheels ?

Originally Posted by Mug
Maybe put a sign on your car with your phone number in case someone saw something. Make it easy for a witness to get you some information. If they don't know how to contact you, they won't make the effort. They'll probably forget about it unless you act fast.

I think some local rim thieves were just caught because someone called in a license plate.
I am working on it. Thanks thats a great idea.

Originally Posted by Mug

:-) I wish the same.

I do agree with you, tho. I take pride in myself and the things that I buy with my hard earned money.
Same here .

Originally Posted by P_R_N_D
Ha I was thinking the same thing, Mr. Brightside.
I wish someone would steal mine!
lol are they scrubed ?

Originally Posted by SharksBreath
looks to me like someone knew what they were doing and they were probably in and out in a couple minutes. this was a premeditated attack on your car, sorry man. you were probably scoped out for a while, habits studied, etc etc.

wheel locks are merely for amateurs, anyone who knows what they're doing will get your wheels off one way or another. they make universal lug nut adapters that you can just jam on and twist off.

anyway, i would check with your neighbors. i mean you're in a gated community, are there any cameras posted?

sounds like you've done everything you could do regarding insurance, etc. i'd invest in a motion sensed alarm for your car, so that this kind of stuff doesn't happen again without some sort of warning.

sorry to see this, but on the bright side, your car isn't damaged and now you can get some fresh new wheels. good luck to you. let us know if you figure anything else out.
Thank you sir. Definitely investing in a viper .. pager system and 2 sets of wheel locks now. No the community didn't have a camera... oh and to top it all off .. one of the exit gates has been broken since the holidays ...

Originally Posted by P_R_N_D
And I GUARANTEE it was someone that lives in your apt!
Someone familiar with your routines and schedules and sees your car parked there a lot.
It doesn't seem like a random act... it was planned.
I am pretty sure... But even if its the guy next door, i can't take any action ... no proof nothing ...

Originally Posted by jsilas
Very very sorry, man. Nothing feels worse than walking up to your car after it's been violated. I'm hopeful you have a very good experience with your insurance company, and that you're made whole quickly.

Thank guys for all the support ... Even though I feel shitty right now ... Ill be ok in a while ... Thanks ....
Old 01-19-2011, 11:34 AM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Glad youre Ok and your ins co came thru for you on a ride until you get this cleared up... crooks are everywhere...even the most careful peeps get jacked...
Old 01-19-2011, 11:52 AM
Racer

Exclamation Update...

Just got a call from my sales dept. friend at Acura. His manager says that right now we will have to wait for the insurance adjuster to come and look at the car where it is right now. In case they might want to take pictures. So it's not a good idea to move it yet.

Upgrading to A-spec wheels would be a hard option because most insurance companies are strict about OEM parts that came with the car when purchased. They actually get data from the dealer which tells if the car was sold with A-spec wheels or not.

Got a quote from Parts dept for the wheels i had.

$2610.28 plus tax and labor

I asked about A-spec wheels, $420 a wheel and had no pricing on the tire available right now. my deductible is $500, if i can get Acura to hook me up (which is highly unlikely) with the A-specs, definitely doing that ... If insurance gives me an option for a check (also highly unlikely) i might go aftermarket 18's and save some money for mods.

All sincere advice is welcome. Thanks guys
Old 01-19-2011, 11:56 AM
"Advance"

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
- New wheels
- New tires
- New LOCK KNOT....??

At least they were decent to put some milk boxe to prevent braking your brake and suspension parts
Old 01-19-2011, 12:02 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...yikes.

It must have been one of those base TL drivers that you met at stoplights and scoffed at! https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/best-feeling-about-being-type-s-owner-p-799698/
Old 01-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The service manager is your buddy and also one of the saleman....sounds like you should ask them to give you a parts discount of 20-25% (similar to online sellers).

This will bring the price of A-Spec wheels down to the base wheels. Not sure what Geico would say about a discount.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:17 PM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
be careful if you upgrade to the aspecs, you may come out the next day with the aspecs gone and the type-s rims back on
Old 01-19-2011, 12:18 PM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by vuuha05
It must have been one of those base TL drivers that you met at stoplights and scoffed at! https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799698
Ownage.

That sucks though man, I had parts stolen out of my last car and it is an awful sinking feeling in your gut. At least you have full coverage and it will be straightened out. When it happened to me I let the car site for a few months because I was so disgusted I didn't even want to get in it.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by VmtSquad
- New wheels
- New tires
- New LOCK KNOT....??

At least they were decent to put some milk boxe to prevent braking your brake and suspension parts
lock nuts yes i think $85.

...yikes.

It must have been one of those base TL drivers that you met at stoplights and scoffed at! https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=799698
LOL ... Thanks for making me smile ... but honestly i never scoffed ... met at stoplights yes ... scoffed at .. never ... its not in my nature :-)
Old 01-19-2011, 12:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
...yikes.

OMG I was just thinking of that thread when reading this one. It must have been a poor base TL driver.

Hope everything goes well for you
Old 01-19-2011, 12:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by blkaspec
be careful if you upgrade to the aspecs, you may come out the next day with the aspecs gone and the type-s rims back on
Lol ... im def. getting 2 sets of wheels locks and a viper this time
Old 01-19-2011, 12:38 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Could have been worse. Make sure your insurance stays current. Check online prices for rims and tires. Dealer can price match if they want. Try to get insurance to cut you a check. One set of locks should be enough. G/L
Old 01-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Intermediate

Sorry to hear about it man. It reminds me of the time when i was parked at my g/f's house and the next morning I came out and my car had red bricks under it but my wheels were still there. The idiots couldn't get their jack under it!!! Left the bricks and took my lug nuts though. I guess it's a good thing I'm lowered or I would be hunting people who had type-s rims in rockville...
Old 01-19-2011, 01:50 PM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
They stole the wheels & tires last year off of my 07' TLS & left it sitting on bricks & concrete blocks, crushing the factory spoiler kit & rocker panels. It didn't occur to me that I didn't have wheel locks on it. Repair cost to insurance company was over $3,000.
I HATE THIEVES. To work hard in life & buy yourself a nice car only to have some worthless scumbag steal your wheels and tires makes me sick.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by mani
my deductible is $500
The norm for collision is $500 deductible, but fire, theft and comp. is usually lower, but can be had in various amounts. If the car is lien free, have them make the check out to you, but if a lien, have them make the check out to you and the dealer, then deal on that amount.
OE base wheel $304, A Spec $379, and the tires will be the challenge as to what you receive depending on make, size and mileage used if receipt is possible.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:00 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Goddamn thieves. Sorry to see. Good choice on getting wheel locks. I have them on my stock rims that all have curb rash.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Damn sorry bro. Where did this happen?
Old 01-19-2011, 03:07 PM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

dam that sucks!!! MOFOS
Old 01-19-2011, 04:07 PM
Coolest A-zine Member

Received 172 Likes on 163 Posts
Tilt Sensors and Trunk Monkey FTW!

Seriously though, sorry to hear this. I HATE this kind of stuff and it pisses me off! One of these days I want someone to get shot and tortured when doing this kind of stuff....karma will get them though. Let us know how it goes from here
Old 01-19-2011, 04:37 PM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
ur getting 2 sets of wheel lock? haha damnnn unstoppable
Old 01-19-2011, 04:39 PM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Sorry. I hope everything works out well.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:49 PM
UA6mt NBP

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
man sorry to hear that people blow. that just happend to my neighbors wrx but they tore up his fenders taking the wheels off atleast it was just the wheels and no body damage
Old 01-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Coolest A-zine Member

Received 172 Likes on 163 Posts
I've always heard that wheel-locks don't really stop them from doing anything. It might slow them down but from what I hear they can still take them.
Old 01-19-2011, 04:57 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do you think a friend might have done this as a prank??

That just seems to unreal to happen.

Where exactly do you live?

Quick Reply: What a Good F*$*&$ing Morning !