Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What a Good F*$*&$ing Morning !

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 05:06 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TL-Noob
I've always heard that wheel-locks don't really stop them from doing anything. It might slow them down but from what I hear they can still take them.
Yep, it's not going to stop them. You can buy a master set of keys for wheel locks, most tire shops have them. At best it will slow them down, but it won't keep them from getting the wheels off.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Man, I'm so sorry to see that. Keep us updated on progress.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:18 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I guess the worst feeling about being a type s owner is having your wheels stolen??

LMAOOOO

Im not laughing at your situation at all
Old 01-19-2011, 08:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts
The insurance company is probably gonna make out a check for the price of 4 USED Type-S wheels, not the full dealer retail price. If they pay you for 4 NEW wheels and 4 NEW tires youll be very lucky. I doubt they will pay for new tires either, they will price out some refurbished wheels and used tires and try to give you as little as possible. Get a printed quote for the Type-S wheels, 4 new tires of whatever brand you want (they cant prove what you had on before, pick out some expensive ones), and mounting and balancing the tires, plus inspection of the suspension and brakes for damage. With all that factored in and you being friends with the service manager you might be able to give them the check for whatever you get and be able to get A-spec wheels and some decent tires.

That sucks bad man, I cant imagine how bad Id be pissed if someone stole my wheels. Its a good thing nobody wants stock TL wheels though
Old 01-19-2011, 08:50 PM
'06 WDP TL 6MT

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
1G DSM guys rock the stock TL wheels. Good thing for us is most of their cars are jackstand ballin'.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:59 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I think your a bit confused at how insurance co work
drive the rental till you get the check in the mail, the insurance co will send out an adjuster to look at the damage, he will survey if there was any damage to other parts, ie. side skirts mudflaps etc... the insurance co will then make out a check to YOU, and you will choose who does the "repairs" on your ride, in your case who gets you replacement wheels/tires/sensors...

fyi: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Honda...s#ht_922wt_958

tpms you can get from rockauto.com and there is no programming needed
Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 PM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
keep an eye in these Brembo's now, they are really easy to removed now
Old 01-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
[quote=stillhere153;12644540]I think your a bit confused at how insurance co work
drive the rental till you get the check in the mail, the insurance co will send out an adjuster to look at the damage, he will survey if there was any damage to other parts, ie. side skirts mudflaps etc... the insurance co will then make out a check to YOU, and you will choose who does the "repairs" on your ride, in your case who gets you replacement wheels/tires/sensors...

actually the adjuster will only issue a check directly to him if he doesn't have a lien holder on the vehicle. If he has a lien holder they will issue out a two party check
Old 01-19-2011, 09:50 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Damm dude that sucks
Old 01-19-2011, 09:57 PM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,968 Likes on 14,485 Posts
That certainly does suck...but it will work out for you one way or another...
This is why I keep my comp deductible so low!
Old 01-19-2011, 10:17 PM
6spd FTW

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
That sucks... Hate thieves. Unfortunately wheel locks, just like any other lock, are to keep out/away honest people. Thieves will always find a way in or a way to steal something, it just might take them longer. The longer and more of a pain you make it for them, the more likely they are to take out their anger on your possessions. Sad world we live in.
Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,003 Likes on 1,423 Posts
Originally Posted by mani
Lol ... im def. getting 2 sets of wheels locks and a viper this time
Wheel locks are a deterenent to regular HS kids, but anything past that and they are really worthless. I can buy a set of wheel lock breakers for 20 bux from sears and steal as many rims as I could if I wanted to. The best thing to do is have a motion sensor installed to set off the alarm and as well upgrade the horn to something a bit louder.

A buddy of mine had a nice set of rims, like 10K on a set of custom wheels and he had a self compressing train horn kit installed that would go off with the alarm. Lets just say that the thieves who did try to steal them ended up with new bracelets from the racket.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:39 AM
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Oh dang I'm sorry for your loss hopefully everything works out for you with the insurance company!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:46 AM
AM To WDP In My Garage

Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts
Sorry about your wheels bro, on the bright side take the insurance money and buy some aftermarket wheels. Or you might even be able to find some used A-Spec's for alot cheaper.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:15 AM
18psi

Received 94 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by shellready
actually the adjuster will only issue a check directly to him if he doesn't have a lien holder on the vehicle. If he has a lien holder they will issue out a two party check
Didnt work that way for me when my car was in an accident 3 years ago. Car was still financed through the bank and only 1/2 way paid off. Repairs were 4k+ and Gieco mailed me the check directly to my home.

I had the choice to deposit it in my bank account and pay the person fixing it or just give the check to the shop. Luckily it was my GF's father and he saved me my 1000$ deductible plus more. I actually made out on that deal

On point, OP, look into aftermarket alarm with tilt sensors
Old 01-20-2011, 05:53 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by libert69
Didnt work that way for me when my car was in an accident 3 years ago. Car was still financed through the bank and only 1/2 way paid off. Repairs were 4k+ and Gieco mailed me the check directly to my home.

I had the choice to deposit it in my bank account and pay the person fixing it or just give the check to the shop. Luckily it was my GF's father and he saved me my 1000$ deductible plus more. I actually made out on that deal

I understand, however if you have a lien holder on your vehicle your insurance company is bounded by your contract to issue out a two party check to protect the lien holder. Seems like in your case it was just a mistake. But no matter what the OP will get a check so he can replace his wheels
Old 01-20-2011, 09:43 AM
Banned

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts
That sucks. Hope everything works out for you. What kind of crates are those...are those crates something that you can get anywhere??

Last edited by LasVegasTL; 01-20-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:49 AM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
Originally Posted by LasVegasTL
That sucks. Hope everything works out for you. What kind of crates are those...are those crates something that you can get anywhere??
mr detective
Old 01-20-2011, 09:59 AM
[IMG]http://tl.acurazine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damnnnnn sorry to hear dat bro, sucks for real....i know what your going thru...this is going on everywhere man... people just have no respect for us TL owners!!!!!!!...to many haters out there i swear! good luck with everthing, let us know the progress when u can.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 166 Likes on 140 Posts
One thing I noticed with gated communities is the false sense of security.
Unless a security guard sits in a booth at the entrance verifying who should or shouldnt be thre,... and even then, chances are it can still occur.

Have you checked around to see if any of your neighbors have a surveillance system?
Old 01-20-2011, 02:24 PM
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by flyromeo3
One thing I noticed with gated communities is the false sense of security.
Unless a security guard sits in a booth at the entrance verifying who should or shouldnt be thre,... and even then, chances are it can still occur.

Have you checked around to see if any of your neighbors have a surveillance system?
I totally agree with you buddy. I had that DUMB false sense of security. :-( Sadly no neighbors have any CCTV systems.

Originally Posted by sabioj
damnnnnn sorry to hear dat bro, sucks for real....i know what your going thru...this is going on everywhere man... people just have no respect for us TL owners!!!!!!!...to many haters out there i swear! good luck with everthing, let us know the progress when u can.
Thanks bro. UPDATE in next post.

Originally Posted by LasVegasTL
2-litre Pepsi bottle crates available at most corner grocery stores.

Originally Posted by shellready
I understand, however if you have a lien holder on your vehicle your insurance company is bounded by your contract to issue out a two party check to protect the lien holder. Seems like in your case it was just a mistake. But no matter what the OP will get a check so he can replace his wheels
Please check my next update. Should clarify

Originally Posted by libert69

Yes sir, Im definitely looking for a 2 way pager alarm with motion and tilt sensor. I wish I could install some secret flame throwers behind each wheel as well !!! That would be awesome !!!

Originally Posted by acura_dipset_tl
Sorry about your wheels bro, on the bright side take the insurance money and buy some aftermarket wheels. Or you might even be able to find some used A-Spec's for alot cheaper.
Im looking for them, and feel free to share a link if you find something as well !

Originally Posted by KN.TL06
Oh dang I'm sorry for your loss hopefully everything works out for you with the insurance company!
Thanks for the support!

Originally Posted by jdm_94-07TypeS
keep an eye in these Brembo's now, they are really easy to removed now
Your post scared me last night. I parked my room mates cars next to both sides if the TL that even a cat couldnt pass in between

[QUOTE=shellready;12644677]
Originally Posted by stillhere153
I think your a bit confused at how insurance co work

Please check my update in a few minutes.. Thanks
Old 01-20-2011, 02:28 PM

Im looking for them, and feel free to share a link if you find something as well !
https://acurazine.com/forums/sponsored-sales-group-buys-10/spec-rims-huge-discount-tl-cl-rsx-tsx-accord-civic-prelude-etc-805203/

brand new in box aspecs just popped up from our vendor AckTL05
Old 01-20-2011, 02:32 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
nice^

go for it mani!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:39 PM
Slythslyr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry to hear about that man....i would def be on the hunt for those people...although probably useless by now.. I had the same thing happen to me when i was 16, but with a stereo system.. good luck bro.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Racer

Exclamation Update day 2

9:00 AM: Got call from GEICO adjuster who seems to be a very responsible and caring person. She apologized about not getting to me yesterday and says she has 15 appointments today. I will try to squeeze u the earliest as I know you must be feeling awful with the car still there. Usually when its a new car with a loan we write a dual party check, but I know your trying hard to get back on your wheels I will write it directly to you. (Hope this helps all that confusion a few members had) I will however need to come down and inspect and write an estimate on it. I tell her I work far and wont be back till 6 pm ... She tells me that She can schedule for another day or I can just let her take a look herself all she needs to know is the estimated current mileage and I tell her 29K. And she goes OMG thats a fairly new car !!! and i tell her i just got in early November on my birthday She feels a little more sorry for me Now she asks me if wheels are OEM i told her she asked what kind of tires ... Bridgestone Potenza ... She asks me how long have you had them ,,, I tell he BRAND NEW coz its a CPO vehicle and you can verify with ACURA. shes like oh no problem i will put it in as a NEW VEHICLE :-) Same goes for the rims ... she tells me she will come down and take a look and leave the estimate and check with the management office at the community ... ( which I recommended as I won't be home).

10:15 AM ACURA dealer contacts me: Can we pick the car. Im like not yet sorry. they are like no problem ... just wanted to let you know that we are here for you ( In the back of my head I felt something fishy .... I dunno ... Do correct me if I am wrong but I don't trust anyone at the Stealer-ship unless its my buddy at the Service dept.

2:10 PM Got a voice mail from GEICO lady ... Car has been inspected ... Acura was contacted for price quote which is $3020.74 .. you are responsible for the $500 deductible. A check of the remainder amount has been written in your name... Heres information for tow yard to get your car to ACuRA or you can call ACURA to pick it up and they will contact us directly for reimbursement for towing charges.... They will inspect under body of the car and if there are any damages they will contact us directly to work that out.

2:15 PM I call he back and thank her and made sure that Towing charges and everything is on GEICO and she also tells me rental car has been extended from 5 days to 10 days as ACURA says wheels are special order.

2:20 Call my Acura buddy to arrange a pickup ASAP for my baby to the dealer. Says he will call me back and as soon as it gets there will start inspection.

I tell him Im driving a HYUNDAI SANTA FE and its weird coz Im not a SUV fan at all ... He LOLS and tells me he will try his best ...

PLEASE ADVISE ON WHAT ARE MY BEST OPTIONS WITH THE $2525 check ?

Should I try ACURA to put on A-SPEC wheels ... or stick with the regular ones ???

Should I get the A-Spec wheels after market... Should I be concerned about warranty or future incidents ???

Should I just get custom wheels ???

Thank you for all the advice and support to all you guys !!! Your Awesome !!!
Old 01-20-2011, 02:57 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by justnspace
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=805203

brand new in box aspecs just popped up from our vendor AckTL05
Originally Posted by SharksBreath
nice^

go for it mani!
OMG !!! Thank you so much !!!! Im at work right now definitely trying to contact this guy
Old 01-20-2011, 02:58 PM

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=805203

brand new in box aspecs just popped up from our vendor acktl05

do it do it do it do it do it do it
Old 01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Racer

DUde Im confused ... The first picture is labeled HYPER SILVER while they look dark and the second pic is labeled SMOKEY CHROME which are infact looking SILVER ....

I want the DARK ONES .. what are they called ?
Old 01-20-2011, 03:24 PM
BANNED

sounds like you want the gunmetal ones...which i don't believe ack is selling.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:26 PM

PM or call him!
but you want the 18x8.5s
Old 01-20-2011, 03:39 PM
Racer

I PM'ed him asking for his phone number. Anyone know his real name???

Also just spoke to ACURA. They want to come in tomorrow morning to pick up car and take it in for inspection. I told them If I get the wheels from outside as Im getting a good deal .. They say let them see if they can price match ...
You think they can b^&tch about it and say we wont accept outside wheels ?
Old 01-20-2011, 03:41 PM
BANNED

his name is bruce.

i don't see why they'd have a problem witih you getting your own wheels.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Racer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ACURA...#ht_500wt_1182

???
Old 01-20-2011, 04:02 PM
Racer

ACURA called:

We can not allow you to bring your own wheels as that will be against policy cause we are dealing with your insurance company ... The check you got is for the OEM wheels so we can only put those and the order has to go through us ... Unfortuantely we can not price match with the price you are getting but let us get back to you with the best price we can and may be we can get you A-spec wheels with in that price and you only pay 500 deductible ....

HMMMMMMMMMM

I smell something fishy now ..... Now the problem is that the car is at my house without wheels ....
If I get the wheels done from ACURA ... then they agree to come down and pick up the car with spares and all and do inspection.... If I m not getting the wheel package from them ... They dont come to take my car and inspect it....

I dont want to risk any underbody damage .... If I dont work with ACURA now .... i can manage 4 wheels to get the car up .... and get these wheels from Bruce... tires from tirerack and Im all set ... buy the only thing that would worry me would be inspection.
Old 01-20-2011, 04:21 PM
Registered 3.5L Member

Received 154 Likes on 137 Posts
Sorry for your loss man....

I'm gonna show your post to my wife when I get home from work. I've had my black 08 type s for 2 weeks and on a few days ago when we were on our way out somewhere I made a detour to the Acura dealership. I hopped out of the car and bought a set of lock nuts. So the wife starts bitching at me that I'm "crazy and I should stop acting as though I drive a Bentley"! I told her that she doesnt know what she is talking about, and that the $70 dollar investment was a good one, and that we aren't that late for our destination.

I'm sorry for your loss, and it pisses me off that Acura cant throw in the lock nuts in the price of the vehicle. On rims like ours this security feature should not be an option!! Hopefully your deductible isnt too high.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:02 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
ACURA called:

We can not allow you to bring your own wheels as that will be against policy cause we are dealing with your insurance company ... The check you got is for the OEM wheels so we can only put those and the order has to go through us ... Unfortuantely we can not price match with the price you are getting but let us get back to you with the best price we can and may be we can get you A-spec wheels with in that price and you only pay 500 deductible ....

HMMMMMMMMMM

I smell something fishy now ..... Now the problem is that the car is at my house without wheels ....
If I get the wheels done from ACURA ... then they agree to come down and pick up the car with spares and all and do inspection.... If I m not getting the wheel package from them ... They dont come to take my car and inspect it....

I dont want to risk any underbody damage .... If I dont work with ACURA now .... i can manage 4 wheels to get the car up .... and get these wheels from Bruce... tires from tirerack and Im all set ... buy the only thing that would worry me would be inspection.
I think that the dealer is screwing with you. What you and the insurance company decide is none of their business. Your name is the only one on the check for a reason. The dealer just gets to direct bill the tow and perhaps the inspection because you recommended them to the insurance company. If you decide to buy a small cheap used car from them with that money they will sell it to you. They may charge you for a tow and inspection and not install rims and tires if you choose.

You can get your rims, tires and inspection done anywhere you choose. You can buy new or used, OEM or aftermarket, all up to you. Time permitting, I would also look into different tires. If the dealer has a competitive price on the rims, go with it. If you find tires somewhere else that you want you can let the dealer purchase them and sell to you for a small mark-up if they will. Most tire stores will mount, balance and install the package for a fee.

The dealer may be your best bet but it's all up to you. Don't let them push you around because you do have other choices.

Last edited by MR1; 01-20-2011 at 08:07 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by MR1
I think that the dealer is screwing with you. What you and the insurance company decide is none of their business. If you decide to buy a small cheap used car from them with that money they will sell it to you. They may charge you for a tow and inspection and not install rims and tires if you choose.

You can get your rims, tires and inspection done anywhere you choose. You can buy new or used, OEM or aftermarket, all up to you. Time permitting, I would also look into different tires. If the dealer has a competitive price on the rims, go with it. If you find tires somewhere else that you want you can let the dealer purchase them and sell to you for a small mark-up if they will.

The dealer may be your best bet but it's all up to you. Don't let them push you around because you do have other choices.
this.
Mani, dont let the dealer screw you.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:28 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by MR1
I think that the dealer is screwing with you. What you and the insurance company decide is none of their business. Your name is the only one on the check for a reason. The dealer just gets to direct bill the tow and perhaps the inspection because you recommended them to the insurance company. If you decide to buy a small cheap used car from them with that money they will sell it to you. They may charge you for a tow and inspection and not install rims and tires if you choose.

You can get your rims, tires and inspection done anywhere you choose. You can buy new or used, OEM or aftermarket, all up to you. Time permitting, I would also look into different tires. If the dealer has a competitive price on the rims, go with it. If you find tires somewhere else that you want you can let the dealer purchase them and sell to you for a small mark-up if they will. Most tire stores will mount, balance and install the package for a fee.

this.
Mani, dont let the dealer screw you.

Im getting that feeling as well guys ... But I just don't want to risk the inspection and up with other stuff later on in future ... im pretty confused and this bruce guy isnt responding to my pm
Old 01-20-2011, 08:35 PM

He's online now.

and responded to your color question.

Originally Posted by AckTL05
I am sorry. I may have mixed up the photos.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Racer

He's online now.

and responded to your color question.
Thanks ... just pm'd his number and i just finished speaking to him. He is not sure what the gun metal ones are called and pretty much have to decide on pics.

There is an update from the dealer btw ...

17 inch wheels (the ones i had) : $3280 after tax and labor everything

18 inch A-Spec wheels (Gun Metal): $3220 after tax and labor

Yes he says that the A-specs are actually cheaper due to the fact that they come with the TPMS sensors and the Yokohomas that go on them are also on sale.

Quick Reply: What a Good F*$*&$ing Morning !