Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What does your mirror do?

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2004, 07:13 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What does your mirror do?

Hello all, I just wanted to see what everyone's driver's side mirror does when they point downward while reversing. The reason I'm asking is because I recently had the driver's side mirror replaced because the heated mirror wasn't working. I was checking the mirrors and noticed that the passenger side mirror will move in and down when going in reverse. Is the driver's side mirror supposed to do the same? Or does it just move down? I can't remember what it did before I had the mirror replaced... so I just want to make sure that everything is working fine. Thanks!
Old 01-22-2004, 07:20 PM
Instructor

You get to pick. If the mirror adjust switch is toward the left, the left hand (driver) mirror goes down, if it's toward the right, the right hand (passenger) mirror goes down, if it's in the middle, neither mirror goes down.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:21 PM
Intermediate

Depending on what side the switch is positioned, that you use to adjust the left or right mirror, if it is in the right mirror adjustment then only the right mirror will move down while in reverse, if in the left mirror adjustment then only the left mirror will move down while in reverse. if it is in the middle then neither will move while in reverse.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:22 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally posted by Woodstock
You get to pick. If the mirror adjust switch is toward the left, the left hand (driver) mirror goes down, if it's toward the right, the right hand (passenger) mirror goes down, if it's in the middle, neither mirror goes down.
Correct!
Old 01-22-2004, 07:29 PM
7th Gear

Thanks for the info... but what I really wanted to know is if both mirrors move in first and then down when reversing. I know that, if positioned to the right, the passenger mirror moves in first and then points down. Does the same happen for the driver's mirror? Meaning, when positioned to the left, does it also move in first and then down? Mine just points down without moving in and I can't remember if it was this way before I had the mirror replaced. Thanks again.
Old 01-22-2004, 07:29 PM
Pro

Re: What does your mirror do?

Originally posted by demy
Hello all, I just wanted to see what everyone's driver's side mirror does when they point downward while reversing. The reason I'm asking is because I recently had the driver's side mirror replaced because the heated mirror wasn't working. I was checking the mirrors and noticed that the passenger side mirror will move in and down when going in reverse. Is the driver's side mirror supposed to do the same? Or does it just move down? I can't remember what it did before I had the mirror replaced... so I just want to make sure that everything is working fine. Thanks!
RTFM! If you can type a post, this means you can read a manual.
Old 01-22-2004, 11:40 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Guys - You all appear to be missing his question. He's asking if the replaced mirror should move not only down, but also inward during the movement. It may depend on how they are aimed. Your right-hand mirror (riders side here in the states) moves inward as well as down because you "aim" it outward slightly in normal use. On the other hand, the drivers side usually is not aimed that far outward. HERE'S your answer...Yes, they BOTH will move inward and down IF you have them both pointed far enough outward. In my case, the drivers side mirror is never that far out and therefore only moves straight down when placed in reverse. Hope this helps!
Old 01-22-2004, 11:52 PM
TL-SHAWD 6MT Rocks!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks ndabunka - right on the nose!

for the rest...
learn to listen (or read)