Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is AZ really about...?

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 12:27 AM
zaino'd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation What is AZ really about...?

OK so my "feeler" thread was locked by the mods... According the ggesq, theres no official rule against posting "feeler" threads. I tried to comply with the mods so I PM'd Astro and my thread was locked immediately. I didn't even receive a response from any mods!

Now, in my thread, I didn't post any prices. I didn't post a shop name. All I did was post some potential mods that a shop could do. How is that wrong? I didn't advertise any brands. I didn't mention any competing forums. How was my thread any different from me bouncing some ideas off some other members?? ie. All those threads about "what should my next mod be"... ALL of them mention brands, places to buy them etc.

I thought I was helping AZers out by trying to come up with new/different mods for the 3G TLs. Apparently, some mods didn't like this idea so they locked my thread.

I thought AZ was all about discussing Acuras and improving upon them... am I mistaken?

Yeah I'm sure this'll get locked up instantly but seriously AZ...! I have never done anything to bend the rules so the least I'd expect is an explanation.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:35 AM
SlammedOnKonis

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
ibtl
Old 08-13-2008, 01:07 AM

Received 5,922 Likes on 2,919 Posts
I don't know all the circumstances of the previous threads, etc. But this much I do know - calling out the mods in an public thread is not going to make things better. Perhaps you should rely on PM's and be a little more patient before appealing to the masses.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:16 AM

Received 5,922 Likes on 2,919 Posts
I don't know all the circumstances of the previous threads, etc. But this much I do know - calling out the mods in an public thread is not going to make things better. Perhaps you should rely on PM's and be a little more patient before appealing to the masses.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:20 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Good luck man. One of the reasons I got away from this site was because Mods were editing (censoring) my posts and they were also reading PMs. Not real cool if you ask me.

Of course, this will be locked and none of this will be made "public knowledge".

If you want to stay on the site, you just have to deal with that kind of shit; which is why I go elsewhere now.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by jmkiang
OK so my "feeler" thread was locked by the mods... According the ggesq, theres no official rule against posting "feeler" threads. I tried to comply with the mods so I PM'd Astro and my thread was locked immediately. I didn't even receive a response from any mods!

Now, in my thread, I didn't post any prices. I didn't post a shop name. All I did was post some potential mods that a shop could do. How is that wrong? I didn't advertise any brands. I didn't mention any competing forums. How was my thread any different from me bouncing some ideas off some other members?? ie. All those threads about "what should my next mod be"... ALL of them mention brands, places to buy them etc.

I thought I was helping AZers out by trying to come up with new/different mods for the 3G TLs. Apparently, some mods didn't like this idea so they locked my thread.

I thought AZ was all about discussing Acuras and improving upon them... am I mistaken?

Yeah I'm sure this'll get locked up instantly but seriously AZ...! I have never done anything to bend the rules so the least I'd expect is an explanation.
jm- PM sent.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by jmbnova
Good luck man. One of the reasons I got away from this site was because Mods were editing (censoring) my posts and they were also reading PMs. Not real cool if you ask me.

Of course, this will be locked and none of this will be made "public knowledge".

If you want to stay on the site, you just have to deal with that kind of shit; which is why I go elsewhere now.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by jmkiang

For the benefit of everyone:

There is nothing mentioned in the rules for posting about feeler threads but they are not allowed without clearing it with astro first. That is as clear as I can make it.

Also, bouncing ideas off of each other, discussing brands, cheapest place to get them, etc. is ok. However, that is different from a shop custom fabbing parts for the 3G TL based on AZ responses and then selling them for a profit without being a vendor.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-13-2008, 08:07 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 630 Likes on 280 Posts
Originally Posted by jmbnova

what are you talking about? examples?
we've never censored anyone, and we auto scam pms to make sure there isn't unauthorized advertising, or sales taking place. This is done by computers, and no mods have ever had access to PMs, ever!

to the OP, it was late, I was on my way to bed when i read your PM, and I had a Dr's appt first thing this morning.

Your response here, only goes to show that my initial instinct to lock you down was right, so thanks for saving me the work of asking you what you're all about etc.