3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wham! BAM! Hit the some sort of center divider last nite!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 04:57 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by yunginTL
drivin while drunk is soo off the heezy..all the rappers do itttt KOOL

HAHAHAA you are craziee fo sheezy
Old 02-13-2005, 05:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by Yoda117
Actually I wasn't offended, just amused as the naievety and blanket statements.

Personally, if you speed, race, drink and drive, I could care less. But I think that I speak for everyone when I say that you are an absolute moron when you do these things and put others in danger.

Now who here speeds? I know that I do... the car has 270 HP and I paid for it. So yeah I go over the speed limit. Do I do it with kids in the car? No... Do I drive at 90 mph in rush hour? No... Am I more tempted when nobody is around so that if something happens it is my own damn fault? Hell yes!

Same with racing. I never see a lot of posts where people are kvetching about the race itself, just the fact that someone tries to race a guy in a car with his kids... If you can't make the logical connection as to why this would irritate some people, then I can't help you (and yes, I blame the guy with the kids more, but you should know better too).

As for a DUI, the problem (with me at least) isn't the concept of you getting caught or trashing your car... that is your problem, not mine. The issue is you being unable to control your car and hurting someone else. With my luck that someone would end up being me...

Now you make the comment about learning you lesson. Let me let you in on a little secret that I have learned in my time dealing with people: People are stupid.

I know, it's earth shattering... but the average person is a complete moron who should have probably been eaten if natural selection as we know it were still around. This includes you, and me as well.

Now let's combine the concept of learning your lesson and being stupid. Do you think that they will unless something severe happens to them? Nopes... people with suspended licenses usually continue to drive with no worries, the same with folks who have gotten a DUI. And the biggest joke is listening to these people when they are in a courtroom... learn their lesson? Nopes... the only thing they did wrong in their eyes is that they got caught.

Now you made a point about some people being stodgy... it happens. We have ricers and gramps, everything inbetween on this board. Part of the whole "I wanna have you listen to me and respect my philosphies" bit is this: you have to respect their's... and when they come down on you for doing something dumb, you have to take it like a man.

Welcome to life... enjoy the ride.

Well stated, Yoda.
Old 02-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by x420actionx
Ok it was rainning in Los Angeles last night and I was driving kind of drunk and faded . Visibility wasn't great and there were mad reflections everywhere. I dropping off my friend when he cried out, "Watch Out!" and two seconds later my left front tire and the underlining of the left side of the bumper hit the beginning of a narrow center divider or rather, a divider for the start of a left turn only lane to go onto the freeway. It looked like it appeared out of no where. The impact was quite substantial as I was probably going 30-40mph; I was startled and confused on how I didnt even notice it. This is the first time that this sort of thing has happened to me and I consider myself a pretty good driver.
Anyways I pulled over to check out if there was any damage. Luckily there wasnt any noticeable damage. You have to really squat down and look straight under the bumper to see some scrapes; the left side of the rock guard looks like its been through hell, but its still holding. The left tire it turned out, had a fat blister but I got it replaced today since I had road hazard insurance for my tires.
But the problem now is that it seems that when my steering wheel is straight the car veers to the left slightly, and I have to turn the wheel slightly to the right to go straight. Is this a minor alignment problem caused by my mishap? Or is it something more serious? I am going to try to take it to the dealer and see what they can do about this steering issue since everything is still under warranty.

I am also guilty of drinking and driving sometimes, but i dont do it anymore. A CHIPIE recently pulled me over after some drinks with the guys. I had about ten beers in my system over 4 hours. He gave me all the freaking tests and i passed with flying colors. I blew in the breathalizer and was a little bit over, i was really cool with him and my girflriend lived rignt down the street. In the end he said i blew a little over, but he let me go so I could stay at my girlfreinds house. I WAS SO FUC___G SCARED.

FYI_ I had about ten beers in me but i am a big guy 285 lbs
Old 02-13-2005, 05:29 PM
Advanced

so lucky
Old 02-13-2005, 05:39 PM
Hello!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, FWD didn't save you.....
Old 02-13-2005, 05:48 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just read and earlier post regarding someone getting a ticket for window tint, while illegal I understand that folks are trying to make their car look nice. So I can understand that logic. However posting that you were "drunk and faded" and you crashed your car, is just plain BS. DONT DRINK AND DRIVE!!!!
Old 02-13-2005, 06:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by EnJ
Damn, I'm so upset that you beat me to it. You guys on here sound like a bunch of flaming homos, especially this guy;

Anytime someone on here says anything about drinking and driving this board goes ape shit; it's so pathetic. If you get hammered and you wreck your car, then oh well, you deserved it. If you want to try and take advantage of Acura for your fuck up, go right ahead. It's not going to work but I'll applaud you for the effort. Oh well you learned your lesson. And that lesson should be don't post on a forum when the demographic is male, 40-ish, sober, gay, follow the rules nazi, flame anyone who doesn't follow the rules, has no life, and never gets off the computer.
enj: Have you ever lost a friend, a family member, child to a drunk driver? The truth is that you will. You can't know the pain until you have experienced it for yourself. See the SOB get vehicular manslaughter, 200 hrs community service and 3 yrs probation.

Oh yea, I'm 43 , male, I work on computers all day. Gay...no, but if I were what the f does that have to do with anything. As for rules nazi. You don't like them? too bad! they're to protect me from @sses like you.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:19 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by EnJ
In my post I said if you get drunk and wreck your car you deserved it. I didn't say anything about killing an innocent driver, possibly one of your family members. If that's the case then yeah, you go to jail, have fun. But I never said anything about hurting or killing anyone else, and neither did the original poster.
You seem to be brushing off that fact that driving drunk can kill innocent people. Going to jail is not enough punishment for a life lost. Granted the poster didn't hurt anyone this time. But what about next time or the time after that?

Most people, like Yoda stated (excellent post Yoda) don't learn the lesson until it's too late. He is not only taking his life into his hands when he (or anyone) drives drunk, they are also taking into their hands my life, and the life of those whom I love and I cannot and will not accept that.

Sincerely,

The Gay Rules Nazi
Old 02-13-2005, 09:50 PM
Suzuka Master

Well, you are a complete f-cking idiot for driving drunk, why the hell wasnt your friend driving, he actually saw the thing, hinting maybe it would have been better for him to be in the driver seat. I wish you totalled the car, would have liked to see how well the SRS and pretentioners really work. If you had got busted for DUI while you were at it and had a licence suspension and community service that wouldnt have been too bad either.

As for EDJ "If I offended anyone I'm soooooooo sorry, but at the same time you should take a good look at yourself and know you deserved it." You are making gay jokes in your defense pleas. Now im not gonna spill out my beliefs on homesexuality(lets just say its a little confusing to me why a guy would like a guy) but if you are going to apologize you may want to practice.

Hey Rommey, your a cop, what do you have to say to him?
Old 02-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
which is dummer

The act or asking people of what to do...They screwed up like so many people do..

The advice is to get it fixed and deal with whatever problems you have... The person is not the first to screw up their car or the last.

This forum is not the place for counseling unless it is a car/techie issue.

I prefer to hear about someone screwing a part up and asking what to do than explaining about how they were not operating the car properly and want advice.

Old school is pay it and live with it...
Old 02-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Suzuka Master

I thik we should refuse him advice just for that. DUI is not a f-cking joke. When you here of someone driving under the influence the last thing you should want to do is tell them how to fix there car so they can go back at it again and maybe hit someone this time.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:53 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,335 Posts
In the state of North Carolina, the operator of a motor vehicle can have a BAC level of no more than .08.

When I am operating my motor vehicle, I have a greater level of control driving under the influence juxtaposed to operating the vehicle while I am tired, hungry, or angry.

His mishap in particular was due to lack of visibility and driving with an increased BAC.

There are more factors that contribute to mishaps aside from operating a motor vehicle under the influence. Keep that in mind.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Yah, but thats no fricken exuse to drink in drive. What is it that people arent getting? Its so simple, dont drink and drive. Well he was tired, bla bla bla, it was raining, bla bla bla. Alcohol makes you drowsy and delays reaction time. So you drive under the influence too, after all you are juxtaposing it to driving tired. What the hell is wrong with people. Do me and you a favor, if you just have to drink and drive give me your car and by a motorcycle. That way when you learn your lesson you are less likely to screw other people over, and you will probably never touch a drink again(if you still have feeling in your arms)
Old 02-13-2005, 11:08 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd give you crap/hard time, but it looks like the rest got you taken care of....
Old 02-14-2005, 11:28 AM
Flyin' and Drivin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn you guys get fired up over here in this forum.... but anyways, yes I have basically done the same thing you have done to your car with mine... while sober I might add. I just messed up the alignment, and I slightly bent some suspension, along with a fucked up bumper. I just got it re-aligned, and then ended up having all the suspension torn out of my car and replaced when I ran into the ditch on the highway... I blew 2 tires on the interstate after running over something.

As far as the DUI is concerned.... I dont have a problem with going out and having beer or wine with dinner. Everyone knows their limits. I do have a problem with getting shitfaced and then trying to drive home. I too have been guilty of this several times, but finally caught on with how dangerous it was after I caught myself driving on a sidewalk in downtown atlanta. Luckily no one was hurt, not even the car, but the fact remains, it can be very deadly. I tend to utilize cabs and friends more and more these days. DUI is not a fun thing.... my best friend went through it, and got off due to a technicality, but it was a terrible ordeal.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:20 PM
Burning Brakes

so much animosity
..... A flat-chested woman was delighted when her Fairy Godmother said her breasts would increase in size each time a man said, "Pardon," to her. She walked down the sidewalk, accidentally bumped into a man and he said, "Pardon me." Her breasts instantly grew an inch and she wasecstatic. The next day she bumped into a man in the grocery store, he begged her pardon and another inch was added to her breasts. She was in seventh heaven! She walked into a Chinese restaurant, collided with a waiter who bowed and said, "A thousand pardons for my clumsy
behavior." The next day the headline in the local newspaper said,
"Chinese Waiter Crushed by Two Torpedoes!"
Old 02-14-2005, 01:33 PM
Banned

pics?
Old 02-14-2005, 05:26 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by car_lost
pics?
Of the damaged TL or the torpedoes that crushed the Chinese waiter?
Old 02-14-2005, 05:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Try not to stray, I think this is important that this thread stays open. If you drink, and there is any risk of going over the limit, get a 20 dollar breathalizer. Fucking up isnt worth it.
Old 02-14-2005, 08:59 PM
Instructor

Sorry I got no pics. Damage is not visible as it is the K-Frame that was damaged, and bent on the drivers side. Lookin at some major repair fees.
Old 02-14-2005, 11:10 PM
Instructor

I too have zero tolerance to this. Especially when the sorta brag about it. sad, so sad.

miiipilot