Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Went to Weir Canyon Acura

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 02:22 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Went to Weir Canyon Acura

They called me this morning and told me they had an Anthracite/Ebony auto w/Navi on the lot. Actually just rolled off the truck they said. Called them back and told them I'm on my way in and they said they'd hold it for me. 2 hours later I arrive and I'm told it's been sold. wtf? Just returned my rental in anticipation that I'll have a new car. Now I have no way to get to work besides the bus. I've heard lots of good things about Weir Canyon, but this experience is really disappointing.
Old 03-28-2004, 02:50 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Next time tell 'em to give you the VIN #. Make sure you're talking to the boss, too. The worker-bees won't sell "your" car if the boss is holding it for you.

Good Luck,

V.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:41 AM
Banned

That's totally unacceptable, I would make a call to Acura and let them know how this franchisee is treating their customers.
Old 03-28-2004, 06:58 AM
Zaino under fingernails

Well, my (weak) defense of the dealership's position is that if you already had a deposit on a vehicle and a delivery date agreed upon, then maybe this wouldn't have happened.
Old 03-28-2004, 09:27 AM
100k miles club

May I suggest calling Thomas Acura. I just picked mine up there yesterday and service was great. Been to Weir Canyon, Montclair, Riverside, Downey and Cerritos and their service was not even close to the treat that I got from Thomas Acura. They're in West Covina. Look for Daniel Lee, he's the fleet manager there. He has a partner but forgot his name and man what a difference on his attitude versus everyone else that I dealt with. If you decide to go and talk to him just let him know that Sherwin sent you.

I'm a very happy camper now
Old 03-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you have a deposit on the car? If not, it is up to the first taker with the cash... I know it sucks though.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:35 PM
Lurker

Re: Went to Weir Canyon Acura

Originally posted by polosport
They called me this morning and told me they had an Anthracite/Ebony auto w/Navi on the lot. Actually just rolled off the truck they said. Called them back and told them I'm on my way in and they said they'd hold it for me. 2 hours later I arrive and I'm told it's been sold. wtf? Just returned my rental in anticipation that I'll have a new car. Now I have no way to get to work besides the bus. I've heard lots of good things about Weir Canyon, but this experience is really disappointing.
That's typical of SoCal dealers. They aren't taking deposits (at least none here that I know of) so as soon as a car shows up ALL the saleman run down their wait lists and the first buyer to get there gets the car.

Which explains why I don't have Navi.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:39 PM
Lurker

Originally posted by w1n78
May I suggest calling Thomas Acura. I just picked mine up there yesterday and service was great.
Did you get Navi? Did you order or were you able to get it off the lot?

It seems that there isn't any problems getting non-Navi cars...I got great service from Tustin Acura with my non-Navi...but I would have been in the same boat as the thread starter when it comes to Navis. The salesman flat told me up front that getting a Navi is very hard and then showed me his wait list and said that every salesman has one and they don't take deposits. He sympathized with me as nothing would have make him happier than to be able to sell EVERYONE on that list exactly what they want. But without deposits it's first come first served as well it should be. Someone who REALLY needs Navi or particular color, etc. should just order the car rather than try and fight to get one from dealer inventory.
Old 03-28-2004, 07:16 PM
100k miles club

Originally posted by Skeedatl
Did you get Navi? Did you order or were you able to get it off the lot?

It seems that there isn't any problems getting non-Navi cars...I got great service from Tustin Acura with my non-Navi...but I would have been in the same boat as the thread starter when it comes to Navis. The salesman flat told me up front that getting a Navi is very hard and then showed me his wait list and said that every salesman has one and they don't take deposits. He sympathized with me as nothing would have make him happier than to be able to sell EVERYONE on that list exactly what they want. But without deposits it's first come first served as well it should be. Someone who REALLY needs Navi or particular color, etc. should just order the car rather than try and fight to get one from dealer inventory.
Yes I got the navi. I did change my color pref. Had anthracite/ebony next to silver/ebony and like the silver better. No deposit. I just dealt w/ the fleet manager to bypass all the other BS and the "Let me see what my manager can do" or "I really can't since this car is in high demand right now"

Fleet manager know the exact price of the car and how much money they'll make out of the sale.