Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well, guys....Im not getting a TL

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 01:08 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, guys....Im not getting a TL

After the way the Stock Market has been lately, I cant get a TL. Is funny how these wall street people just steel money from retail...and I do mean steal. Has of right now, I have paper loss, but have not sold yet, so their might be a chance to still get one.

Now, yesterday I got all crazy and call a dealer to lease a car (yes yesterday...a two open market dictated this unfortunate event). He says I have the car you want, give me your CC and Ill reserve it for you. So I DO He says $500....i say no doubt. Then the unexpected comes...chart is falling down a cliff w/ margin mind you, and Im like HOLY SH*t. Anyhow, I cant commit (as of right now) to another $440 monthly payment. So, do you think this guy will give me credit for the $500 that he charged in the CC?
Old 08-05-2004, 01:24 PM
JT3
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It depends on the laws in your state, but as far as I know, unless you've signed paperwork agreeing to purchase the car, he isn't allowed to keep your deposit. That was just to guarantee that he wouldn't sell the car after you'd indicated that you wanted it. However, until you sign the paperwork, you're free to back out, and he has to give you back your deposit.

Again, however, the laws in your state may vary, so the best thing is to ask your dealer about it, and if he refuses to credit back your deposit (which probably won't happen), then contact an attorney or other legal advisor and find out what the laws in your state dictate.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:24 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes all the deposites are refundable. Ask your dealer for it. Worst case, tell him he does not have a car you like.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
all deposits are refundable......
Old 08-05-2004, 01:30 PM
got speed?

Actually as long as you have not taken physical delivery of any merchandise, you can contest the charge with your c.c. provider if the dealer won't refund. With it being less than 24 hours-I'm sure the dealer will understand if you explain your position. The only time this gets sticky is if the dealer has spent money in freight to dealer trade the vehicle in for you, therefore having spent money unneccesarily to make the deal. Shouldn't be a problem here if you act now-imo.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:43 PM
Intermediate

Similar thing happened to me. I put down a $500 deposit at one dealer to "get in line" and another dealer called me up the same day to tell me they had the car I wanted. So I called the first dealer to cancel. He did but it took over a week to show up on my CC statement. Also, worse case, you could also dispute it through your CC company if they give you a headache over it.
Old 08-05-2004, 04:33 PM
Banned

stock market? to get a car? i should be riding a bicycle! i worked 35 yrs. to get navi with vsa.. what you talkin about willis?
Old 08-05-2004, 04:54 PM
Yeah, its STOCK!!!

Originally Posted by grodri02
After the way the Stock Market has been lately, I cant get a TL. Is funny how these wall street people just steel money from retail...and I do mean steal. Has of right now, I have paper loss, but have not sold yet, so their might be a chance to still get one.

Now, yesterday I got all crazy and call a dealer to lease a car (yes yesterday...a two open market dictated this unfortunate event). He says I have the car you want, give me your CC and Ill reserve it for you. So I DO He says $500....i say no doubt. Then the unexpected comes...chart is falling down a cliff w/ margin mind you, and Im like HOLY SH*t. Anyhow, I cant commit (as of right now) to another $440 monthly payment. So, do you think this guy will give me credit for the $500 that he charged in the CC?
you can get your money back! i sell cars, and i've had people done it to me before! its no big deal!
Old 08-05-2004, 06:18 PM
10th Gear

[B]Originally Posted by grodri02

Wall street people don't "steal" money, you choose to make an investment. and sometimes your investment gains and sometimes it doesn't. Putting away money for a short-term purchase in the market is not a anyone's fault but your own.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:22 PM
Professional Somnabulist

If your life or death depends on the market, you need to check your investment strategy. Most everyone learned that lesson when the tech bubble burst...

Otherwise, I put that $500.00 deposit down for mine, too. The salseman outright told me they couldn't keep the loot under any circumstances.
Old 08-06-2004, 04:28 AM
Banned

wow.........$500 deposit? I only gave a $100 deposit........what gives?
Old 08-06-2004, 08:31 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by niarbdab
If your life or death depends on the market, you need to check your investment strategy. Most everyone learned that lesson when the tech bubble burst...

Otherwise, I put that $500.00 deposit down for mine, too. The salseman outright told me they couldn't keep the loot under any circumstances.
Well, I dont depend on the market at all. Im an electrical engineer and been on the industry for 3 years. I do have a good job at a big defensive company. I dont want to give the impression that I put in money in the market just to get a car in the most easiest way possible. I have made alot of money but also have lost. The thing about wall street stealing money was just because I was pissed off. I know of all the consequences and the outcomes of it. Unfortunatly, I was going to make the purchase this month, but due to market conditions, I dont want to take out the money at its lows and get the car. I can be patient and just hope that things rebound and then Im in time to get the 05. Who knows...only God knows!
Old 08-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Advanced

Well, I dont depend on the market at all. Im an electrical engineer and been on the industry for 3 years. I do have a good job at a big defensive company. I dont want to give the impression that I put in money in the market just to get a car in the most easiest way possible. I have made alot of money but also have lost. The thing about wall street stealing money was just because I was pissed off. I know of all the consequences and the outcomes of it. Unfortunatly, I was going to make the purchase this month, but do to market conditions, I dont want to take out the money at its lows and get the car. I can be patient and just hope that things rebound and then Im in time to get the 05. Who knows...only God knows!
I see that your location is New York City. Which dealer took your deposit? When I wanted my deposit back, Curry Acura gave me a really hard time... (Story Below)

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84197

If the dealer tells you that he can't refund your deposit, put up a fight. Every dealer that I have spoken to has told me that all deposits are refundable, but for some reason Curry was the only dealer that said otherwise. (Can you tell that I wouldn't recommend them?!?!?!)
Old 08-06-2004, 09:02 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by LegendaryChic
I see that your location is New York City. Which dealer took your deposit? When I wanted my deposit back, Curry Acura gave me a really hard time... (Story Below)

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84197

If the dealer tells you that he can't refund your deposit, put up a fight. Every dealer that I have spoken to has told me that all deposits are refundable, but for some reason Curry was the only dealer that said otherwise. (Can you tell that I wouldn't recommend them?!?!?!)
The dealer was Island Acura. He called yesterday and he agreed to refund my money. However he did give me a little attitude when I told him I cant make the purchase.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The dealer was Island Acura. He called yesterday and he agreed to refund my money. However he did give me a little attitude when I told him I cant make the purchase.

I would politely tell him to lose the attitude because you'll be back when you are ready to make the purchase if and only if he drops the "tude".

BTW - I too had a similar problem when purchasing my 98 Trans Am. As soon as I mentioned that the next person he heard from would be my lawyer he coughed up the money. And, another dealer told me that they can't legally keep your money. Even if you signed something that said it was non-refundable.