3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome the newest addition to the Acura-TL.com Team!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2004, 03:50 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
Welcome the newest addition to the Acura-TL.com Team!

We would like to welcome RETS as the newest addition to the Acura-TL.com Team. Rets is the first recruit of our campaign to find eager, intelligent, and enthusiastic people to help further our bustling community.

We would also like to thank all of our members who took the time out of their day to recognize the effort Rets has put into his posts on this site by lavishing him with wonderful testimonials!

Here are a few of the testimonials we received:
"Clear, concise, and informative as always."
"Classy forum member. Good info."

Welcome Rets!!!

Additionally, we would like to bid farewell to Z, a previous moderator. We have chosen to part ways with Z factor due to differences of opinion on the direction of the site and whats best for the community. Despite our differences we would like to thank Z for his service and welcome his continued participation as a member of this incredible site!

Over the next several weeks we will be adding a number of new moderators to our team. We would like to ask all of you for your continued help in the search for fair and balanced individuals. If you feel you are qualified to be a moderator we invite you to Private Message either of us with your credentials and why you feel you should be a moderator. All applicants of the 3rd Gen forum should have at least 500 posts and a positive feedback level.

Thanks all. Don't forget to give a big hello to Rets!

-Adam & Robb
Old 06-16-2004, 03:52 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Congratulations Rets!

Should I clear out my PM box for all the moderator applicants now?
Old 06-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
sweet! congrats Rets!
Old 06-16-2004, 04:47 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Rets
Old 06-16-2004, 04:48 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Congrats Rets!

It's about time we had a New Yawka in power!

:bigclap:
Old 06-16-2004, 04:49 PM
Boom goes the Dynamite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome aboard Rets
Old 06-16-2004, 05:14 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Thanks for the head up. Hope together we will all make this site better and informative. BTW, Z factor has done the great job to keep this forum running. I should appreciate all he has done for us.

Old 06-16-2004, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Well deserved

Way to go, R E T : S. I know you will do well.

Maybe now you can get that thread started that we talked about, to keep the newbies informed and on the right track.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Alright, rets! I just looked at your post count. Almost 3500 posts since December? Do you ever leave your computer? No? Perfect mod material! j/k
Old 06-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
Can I jump on the rets bandwagon too? Way to go!
Old 06-16-2004, 07:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rets
Thanks for the head up. Hope together we will all make this site better and informative. BTW, Z factor has done the great job to keep this forum running. I should appreciate all he has done for us.

Good luck Rets and congrats.

I did not leave on good terms despite the positive face that was put on it by Astro. One wonders if this post will even make it since they now seem to be censoring my posts for fear of other members learning how immature and petty they can be. In the end, all my efforts meant nothing except the one recent disagreement we had.

I started a thread informing everyone of the change in status, and a brief explanation as to what had transpired(over an inappropraite Bukkake smilie), but Soopa and/or Astro saw fit to prevent it. Sadly, I suspect that their immaturity will probably not allow this site to reach it's potential, but it wont be any skin off of my nose at this point.

Again in all sincerity, good luck, but don't knuckle under to their stubborn insistence that it is their way or the highway. The highway can be a much better place if you are forced to compromise your principles to remain their obedient lacky.

Z Factor
Old 06-16-2004, 08:58 PM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Originally Posted by Z Factor

I did not leave on good terms despite the positive face that was put on it by Astro. One wonders if this post will even make it since they now seem to be censoring my posts for fear of other members learning how immature and petty they can be. In the end, all my efforts meant nothing except the one recent disagreement we had.

I started a thread informing everyone of the change in status, and a brief explanation as to what had transpired(over an inappropraite Bukkake smilie), but Soopa and/or Astro saw fit to prevent it. Sadly, I suspect that their immaturity will probably not allow this site to reach it's potential, but it wont be any skin off of my nose at this point.

Again in all sincerity, good luck, but don't knuckle under to their stubborn insistence that it is their way or the highway. The highway can be a much better place if you are forced to compromise your principles to remain their obedient lacky.

Z Factor
Firstly, Good Luck and Congratulations, rets. Your posts are always in good taste and you show the true spirit of what it is to be a member of this forum.

And to Z Factor - I hope they keep this posting because it is important for a community to be upfront and entirely truthful with each other. I don't know what transpired between you and the administrators, but I am very aware of the position you must be in.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:12 PM
Team Camel Chief Justice

good luck retsy, youll do great.

z factor--thanks for your time and effort bro, your help was greatly appreciated--i dont care what anyone says
Old 06-16-2004, 09:16 PM
The Creator

Z Factor is more than welcome to post emotionally. He is obviously upset...

There are two sides to every coin. As a creator and the owner of this site it is my job to make sure only mature, logical, and unemotional staff help MODERATE (keyword) this site.

Z Factor has proven now publicly with his subsequent posts what we knew all along... he is unable to be fair or rational.

All that happened here was he was made no longer a moderator. Hardly a severe punishment... moderators arent paid... he hasnt lost anything except a title on this forum. A mature individual would accept that they just werent a good fit with the team and step down. Instead were left with a biased, emotional, one-sided, and slanderous fairy tale.

Good luck with your personal life Z. Thanks for raining on ret's parade... I'm sure he appreciates it.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:17 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Congrats Rets and "Amen" to Lore's excellent post above.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Is there such as position as "Administrator In Training"? If so, can I be one?

Alcoholics Annonymous finds that its best instructors are ex-alcoholics, you know.

BJ
Old 06-16-2004, 09:20 PM
Banned

Z Factor
WTF is wrong with those A-Holes? Z is one of the coolest people around.

I have met Z Factor, and he helped me with my tints, and even got the shop to give me a discount. The guy is totally rock solid, like meeting Charleton Heston in person. He is nice, but also someone I wouldn't want to mess with being like 6'9" and 250, so you A-holes had better not run into him in person or you will get your ass kicked.

This place is going to hell, and Z being gone will only make it worse.

WTF do you have a bukakke thing on here anyway?

Oh yeah, welcome RETS
Old 06-16-2004, 09:23 PM
Team Nighthawk President

Originally Posted by soopa
Z Factor is more than welcome to post emotionally. He is obviously upset...

There are two sides to every coin. As a creator and the owner of this site it is my job to make sure only mature, logical, and unemotional staff help MODERATE (keyword) this site.

Z Factor has proven now publicly with his subsequent posts what we knew all along... he is unable to be fair or rational.

All that happened here was he was made no longer a moderator. Hardly a severe punishment... moderators arent paid... he hasnt lost anything except a title on this forum. A mature individual would accept that they just werent a good fit with the team and step down. Instead were left with a biased, emotional, one-sided, and slanderous fairy tale.

Good luck with your personal life Z. Thanks for raining on ret's parade... I'm sure he appreciates it.
Don't want to be in the middle but as an outsider peering in, you hardly sound objective in these posts...
Old 06-16-2004, 09:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
I think Z did a good job as a mod, and made productive posts, and I hope he continues to do the latter. Rets will be an excellent replacement.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
The only constant is change...

Z Factor
Z. Tried to PM you. Not working. Tried to email you. Ditto.

Please PM me with contact info.

To Rets:

Congratulations. You are a beacon of decorum around here. You set a good example of diplomacy and tact. Your English skills get better all the time. I'm dieing to ask you what your first language is but, I know, it's none of my bee's wax. :o

XP
Old 06-16-2004, 09:32 PM
The Creator

Originally Posted by 1hottl
Don't want to be in the middle but as an outsider peering in, you hardly sound objective in these posts...
im surely not. i was objective with Z Factor for months now.

he was unable to work with the team and is gone.

his posts here are irrational and immature... they slander me on my own website that provides me with no personal profit. i operate this site out of hobby... and pay out of my own pocket simply because i enjoy providing all of you with a site to have fun and further the enjoyment of your cars.

i strive to maintain an excellent personal relationship with all those who help me... we were unable to forge that relationship and we removed him as a moderator.

not being a moderator is not the end of the world... if it were every user would have to be a mod
Old 06-16-2004, 09:35 PM
The Creator

Originally Posted by neuronbob
I think Z did a good job as a mod, and made productive posts, and I hope he continues to do the latter. Rets will be an excellent replacement.
yep and i agree.

he did a decent job in this forum. but as a moderator you are part of a team... and he was unable to be a team player.

and we hoped too he could continue to post withour having to be a moderator.... as all of you do. unfortunately hes upset and resorting to slander...

needs to cool down a bit.

hopefully in the future he came come back and we can get back to focusing on THE CARS.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:48 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Until I hear the "other side of the coin" or what its all about all I have to go by is Z's side of the coin... that he found that smilie inappropriate. I am not taking sides, as I said in the other thread, however I heard a specific problem from Z and none from you. At the same time I am an administrator and owner of my own forums (three, right now, but was five at one point) and I completely respect and understand you if you don't wish to share what brought you to your decision. All I have to go by is what Z is said, however you have no obligation to tell us anything. It is your site, not ours, but I'd like to think we'd be a community. If you feel for it to be acceptable to release your side of the story then I am sure it would help this whole situation, if not, thats fine too.

About that smilie though, I was not offended by it, but I know people would be, and that is why it would be my personal choice to keep something like that off my forums. Thats just me though.

Good luck all.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:59 PM
The Creator

I gave you my side. Z has a long history of working against us.

As for this situation... after a weeks worth of threats, insults... I made the decision that he does not have a place on our moderator team. Its hardly an issue we should be dicussing here... as an administrator of a forum you should know that who you choose to WORK with is ultimately your decision.

The moral of the story is... we are unable to work together... thats fine... doesnt mean he couldnt of been a member of this site. I simply saw no place for him on our team which operates very smoothly besides in his case.

Z has no stake in this place. I, and I alone, pay the bills to provide a site where we can even discuss topics such as this. A site of this size, let alone the 2 sites that accompany it, cost thousands of dollars a and hundreds of hours a month to operate... enough is stacked against us without having to be insulted and threatened by those that are supposed to be helping you.

Beyond that the story ends... he is no longer a moderator. Unfortunate for him. For you? I think weve found an adequate replacement and I know we have several other candidates in the running to help us out. (thanks all who applied!)
Old 06-16-2004, 10:00 PM
You touch my tra la la...

Alright, good stuff.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:01 PM
The Creator

So back on point...

Farewell Z.

WELCOME RETS! Good luck buddy!