Sponsored by:

Water4Gas? Is this guy for real?

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Athena says 'hi'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water4Gas? Is this guy for real?

Hey -

Anyone try this? Apparently you can use water to help with your gas milage if you put in this system???
http://74.54.131.146/~freedom/water4...txctxai#damage

I don't know what to think? Is he for real? Anyone know how something like this would work? Seems like a cool mod, but I have no idea what the hell he's talking about!

P
Old 12-13-2007, 10:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,015 Likes on 1,434 Posts
concept is right, you learn this stuff in HS chemistry. This will not work as the HHO as he calls it or 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen will blend into the normal air that contains nitrogen and oxygen. Then fuel will be added and the end result is the same, same amount of fuel being used. The only way this would work is that the motor had gas injectors into the cylinders that could force pure oxygen or hydrogen in to be burned by an electrical current to cause and explosion forcing the piston down. This would involve no fuel and if the gas mix was ONLY H2O vapor, it would produce water in the tail pipe. Problems with this are that it is unsafe. If the car was rear-ended or was in a collision, the gas could be ignited with force as a missile. Also another problem is hoping the motor can hold together, I doubt ATM pressure of gas would be enough force to move the piston, you would need atleast 5 PSI of gas pressure to cause a good explosion that would need to be fed to the motor, resulting in more tuning, which may be complicated as controling the amount of H2O gas goes in the motor can result in disaterous results or even in the car not moving.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:40 PM
TL SL ML :)

Originally Posted by csmeance
concept is right, you learn this stuff in HS chemistry. This will not work as the HHO as he calls it or 2 parts hydrogen and 1 part oxygen will blend into the normal air that contains nitrogen and oxygen. Then fuel will be added and the end result is the same, same amount of fuel being used. The only way this would work is that the motor had gas injectors into the cylinders that could force pure oxygen or hydrogen in to be burned by an electrical current to cause and explosion forcing the piston down. This would involve no fuel and if the gas mix was ONLY H2O vapor, it would produce water in the tail pipe. Problems with this are that it is unsafe. If the car was rear-ended or was in a collision, the gas could be ignited with force as a missile. Also another problem is hoping the motor can hold together, I doubt ATM pressure of gas would be enough force to move the piston, you would need atleast 5 PSI of gas pressure to cause a good explosion that would need to be fed to the motor, resulting in more tuning, which may be complicated as controling the amount of H2O gas goes in the motor can result in disaterous results or even in the car not moving.

...do you happen to be an expert in something related to science
Old 12-13-2007, 11:06 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,050 Posts
no, he probably just happens to have photographic memory of every page in his high school text book.

A friend of mine came up with a similar idea, seperating the hydrogen and using it to combust but the problem is that it would take an equal amount of force seperating the hydrogen from the oxygen compared to the extra energy the hydrogen created so there ends up being no extra energy at all. he isnt really bsing anyone, just doesnt know all the facts that come with experimenting.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:20 AM
Athena says 'hi'

I was wondering if anyone out there had some physics knowledge. It does take an equal amount of energy, however he is presenting a cheaper way to split the HHO atoms apart rather than using fuel in a combustion engine. Though it'll be about equivalent in energy output (or slightly more) it seems like something like this would in theory work... which is why I'm questioning it. I think it might -- however 1. is it cost effective 2. how would you go about doing it? 3. would anyone want to try it?
Old 12-14-2007, 12:31 AM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Forgive me, i did shitty in chem, but is HHO vapor not just water vapor or steam?
Old 12-14-2007, 12:34 AM
13.2@ 107 on Street tires

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
can you say methanol injection...same thing as an air to water intercooler..just with mason jars
Old 12-14-2007, 12:57 AM
Team Anthracite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
my opinion to this is... the theory behind is right... but the quantity is not great enough to make major differences... well i guess if you live high altitude or something.. where oxygen level is somewhat lower.. u might feel the diff.... not too sure.. just my opinion.. haven't dun chem since Uni... lol... better with electrical
Old 12-14-2007, 06:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
This discussion belongs in Car Talk or Ramblings. Since we can't move threads there, feel free to restart the discussion.