Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

warranty work I had covered at 47xxx ... fyi

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 05:02 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
warranty work I had covered at 47xxx ... fyi

My local Acura dealer took care of me and this makes me want to shop Acura in the future... but I wanted others to know what I had warranty work I had done so that they may also do the same or attempt instead of fixing yourself when it can be covered for free...

2006 Acura TL w/Nav 47,xxx miles out of warranty at 50k/ Oct '10

- Resurfaced my front rotors (complained of slight pulsing in brakes, which occured from time to time.. typically I'm used to rotors being warped or not being warped... either way..)
- Replaced cover under the hood with broken plastic pin (when carefully removing my cover I noticed that one of the plastic pins was broken... asked them if they'd look at replacing it)
- Replaced door seal that previous owner had worn through within 13k miles... (rediculous in my opinion... first car to ever have a door seal wear prematurely)
- Replaced motor mounts (after reading on here to have them checked I told them that I felt unusual shaking while driving, which they said was normal, but I had them investigate the motor mounts... they found 2 broken)
- Replaced both front door window regulators .. one window would not role up properly (ie.. would auto roll up partially, but not make it all of the way and roll back down.. ) and the other made a slight grinding noise when rolling down
- Replaced belt (again... reported loud squeeling from under the hood in the mornings... nothing like I've heard on any other of my previous vehicles... and thought it was rediculous)
- Replaced armrest (others on here have replaced the padding in their armrests... but I thought it was premature wear for the padding to have disintegrated that fast or at all... again.. never had any other vehicle do this.. they replaced with a newer style.. more padded armrest... very nice..)
- Replaced broken clips on my side skirt molding that seemed to be seperating a bit from the car...

I hope this helps others when wondering what Acura will do to keep us happy as customers and assure that we'll come back to shop with them again in the future...
Old 04-30-2010, 05:08 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Nice to hear that they fixed all your issues while under warranty. Alot of AZ'ers like to DIY and steer clear of the dealer out of fear they they will screw something up. Which dealer and service advisor/manager?

Cheers.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:28 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ggesq
Alot of AZ'ers like to DIY and steer clear of the dealer out of fear they they will screw something up.

I'll second that! Once my warranty runs out, my car will never see an Acura dealership again. I figure as long as it's in warranty, I get the part for free if they do it, and if they screw something up, they can fix that, too.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to see they took care of you.

Originally Posted by ggesq
Which dealer and service advisor/manager?
+1
Old 04-30-2010, 06:16 PM
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts
Remember too that anything dealer fixed will generally carry its own 12-month/12,000 mile warranty from today (so check all those parts next yr).
Old 04-30-2010, 07:06 PM
OCD

Received 126 Likes on 43 Posts
Nice I have a few months left probably I just got the car 2006 with 36K. I have a few issues like a rattle from the rear sub. Is there anything else I should check before I run out? I guess i'll take a close look at the engine mounts too.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:37 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
The dealer is Dave Mungenast St Louis Acura. They've been the only dealer to service my car and the reason that is the case is because they've always taken care of me. I've not once had to argue or disagree about something I asked them to look at. I've dealt with Dave, Phil and John now.... and each of them has been a pleasure to work with...

As for the work you might want them to do... I didn't look at my motor mounts before bringing it in... I read of others having the issue so I brought it up... as mentioned other places on the board... they don't fix it unless you bring it up to them.... although I wish they'd do the Acura Certified examination of the car while in the shop to find problems that I may not be aware of and fix them...

As for doing things myself... I agree... I trust myself before others... but under warranty I should trust the dealership to fix my problems and get me back on the road.. if I can't then why buy an Acura? Between building a 18x28' 3 season room to the back of my house, working full time and going to school part time... I'll let someone else grab a couple of duties... oil changes, tranny flush... no need to pay the dealer... I'll take care of that on my own... when it comes to warranty work though... I trust that they do a great job and get me back on the road..

As for warranty... I'm also looking at an extended warranty... I've been quoted online for $1210 for the 48000 48 month extended Acura Care with $100 deductable... anyone have any objections?
Old 05-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
It just really depends on your dealership. There are some good ones, they're some bad ones. Find a good one, even if you have to drive 100 miles. Like near Houston, John Eagle is the place too go, well any of them. I've taken my all our Acura's to them, and they even have touchless car washes now.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:57 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
even tho the warranty expired on my 06 tsx (50,000 miles when it was 18 months old) I continue to have the service done by a acura dealer. I think they are excellent.