Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waiting to Receive My TL

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waiting to Receive My TL

In mid June, I finalized the deal on my 2004 TL ABP, navi, 6sp.

The dealership told me it could take over a month until I actually get the car. Now, just today, I spoke with the dealership and they found the scheduled date my car is to be built.

NOT UNTIL AUGUST 23RD!!!!! That is atleast 2 and a half months of waiting from the initial deal.

Is that normal or should I be questioning this???

Any comments or suggestions greatly appreciated.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:20 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's completely unacceptable. You might as well go for a 05 model. Go somewhere else or threaten your dealer-I bet they will get one soon for you.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:23 AM
Advanced

The date could be right, primarily because they are built by color, and ABP is not quite as popular as others. I had to wait two months on my RRP. But --- worth it.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:32 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Believe me, it is worth the wait - damn, I love this car. I bought mine from Bobby Rahal in Mechanicsburg and they had just unloaded an unsold WDP navi off the truck - talk about luck!
Old 07-07-2004, 07:34 PM
9th Gear

Long painful wait

I ordered a NBP, 6MT, NAVI back on March 19 and I'm still waiting for it. The dealer claims that my color, transmission, and navi combo was rare and hard to get. He even told me I had to accept camel instead of parchment unless I wanted to wait longer. Now I'm promised that it should be in sometime end of this week. Hope you get yours soon.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:27 PM
darkside of the abyss

Originally Posted by stroutman

The dealership told me it could take over a month until I actually get the car. Now, just today, I spoke with the dealership and they found the scheduled date my car is to be built.

NOT UNTIL AUGUST 23RD!!!!! That is atleast 2 and a half months of waiting from the initial deal.

Stroutman, do not, repeat, do not feel bad. Here is the history with my order. I ordered an ABP/Quartz/Navi/6sp/HPT on April 21 from my dealer. The original order was placed by the dealership on 5/7. On 6/8 was told the order was "rejected" by the factory and a new order would be placed on 6/11. Order was placed again on 6/13 (so I was told) and still waited. Contacted the dealership on 7/2 and left a message with the sales manager. The sales manager had my saleman call me and tell me my build date would be 8/23 to 8/25. I stated "you mean 7/23 to 7/25" and he then restated 8/23 to 8/25. I called the sales manager on Tuesday 7/6. He told me 8/24 to 8/28. I have been repeatedly told by several dealerships that the ABP/6sp/Navi is a "rare combo."

So you and I have the same build dates. I am in Southern California and I should get my TL sometime before 9/15. It will be almost 5 months from the time I put my deposit down until I get the car. Another member of this forum (Casper42) who lives in the same town as I, put a deposit down on the same color combo as I on 4/1.

I had a chance to buy an 5AT in the same color combo from my dealer last week but I passed on it. I want the 6sp because frankly, I am spending 35k on a car and I do not want to "settle." I believe that it will be worth the wait. The sales manager stated that he would make the deal worth it to me because of the long delay. I have no doubt that he will because the customer service has been great. Sorry for the long post, but from what I have heard from other members of this forum and test driving the 6sp, it will be worth the wait. Good luck and let us know when you get your VIN.

1blkowl
Old 07-08-2004, 07:42 AM
Advanced

Wow 1blkowl....that is crazy. I pray that does not happen to me. I ordered the same exact car as you, down to the "T", even the HPT.

I have been very excited and would hate to hear the build date get pushed back. The way my dealer talked, it was set in stone that on 8/23 it would be built. He also stated that their dealership is on direct shipment w/ Acura and the cars usually come to them 1 1/2 to 2 days after the build date. That means I would get my acura in August. Guess I will just have to wait and see.

Do not settle for the 5AT, 6SP is def. the way to go and I am sure it is worth the wait. Just hard to believe that the waits are this long for this car.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:21 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Novice
That's completely unacceptable. You might as well go for a 05 model. Go somewhere else or threaten your dealer-I bet they will get one soon for you.
What is so unacceptable about this situation. If you want a specfic color/option combo and no dealer has them on the lot and the TL is in high demand, what would threating the dealer do. I waited 2 1/2 months for mine, SSM/6MT/Non Nav. My car did arrive 2 weeks early, so I was very happy about that. Acura can only make so many cars. If you don't care about specfics, tranny, color, nav, you should be able to find one on a lot somewhere.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:52 AM
9th Gear

Oh so close, yet so far.

After 16 weeks of waiting, I'm told my car is finally at the dealership, got VIN and everything. But then I'm told they don't have the suspension for the A-Spec yet. Said there was a shortage and may have to wait another week. When will this madness end!!?
Old 07-09-2004, 07:33 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Nighthawker
After 16 weeks of waiting, I'm told my car is finally at the dealership, got VIN and everything. But then I'm told they don't have the suspension for the A-Spec yet. Said there was a shortage and may have to wait another week. When will this madness end!!?
THey had 16 weeks to order it, what the hell?
Old 07-09-2004, 12:59 PM
Advanced

Still waiting for my 2004 6mt non-navi Anthracite TL

I have been told to wait 4 weeks for my 2004 TL. As I have yet to receive my TL, the wait may end up being longer. I have also been told that my combo is rare and that my dealer is the only one in Toronto who has ordered my type of car. Ya right!

The longer they make me wait the longer I will continue to drive my 2000 SSM TL-P.
Old 07-09-2004, 01:39 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
I ordered my WDP/navi/6/hpt in early February, the salesman told me that he would be looking for one and would let me know. I call back a month later he no longer works there, and worst of all noone took over the deal. I new something was wrong when he didnt take a deposit but they only request $100, and im a repeat customer so I brush it off. So I order again middle March and make sure to leave a deposit. Their order went in third week of April and was told the car would be built second to third week of June and delivery following, but no "official" build date and vin. Then was told it would be delayed 4 weeks. Still no car, no vin or build. Im hoping the car comes within the next 2 weeks. Due to availablity of WDP recently, i would assume the factory is now on that build cycle, but if someone knows for sure that would help me out.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:27 AM
Intermediate

i got my 2004 TL within the week of purchase at Downtown Acura....they did a car swap with some other dealership east of TO...in like whibty or something....but they had to drive it back to TO so i got the car with 50+ km .... low tire pressure...and a faulty alignment....
althought i was happy i got the car earlier then expected....it wasnt worth it....i think its worth the wait...cuz i got mine super early but with some freakin problems!!! i hate it when other people drive the car!!!
Old 07-10-2004, 08:32 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
6sp/Navi orders can easily take 2 to 4 months in certain color combinations that are rare like WDP, ABP, and DGP. I waited exactly 3 months for mine. The only way it might take 4 months+ is because your dealer is either on allocation because of their volume, sold yours to someone else for more $$$, or just plain lame. No car after 4 months would make me very very suspicious REGARDLESS of color.
Old 07-12-2004, 04:09 AM
Advanced

Ummmm u guys dont look enough...BLKOWL....call keyes acura in van nuys....not too far from simi valley....was in there today looking to get my Anthracit/6sp/navi and saw that they had in the showroom an UNSOLD NBP/6sp/navi/hpt/aspec.....they had it there....so that would be no waiting...you might wanna give them a call....
Old 07-12-2004, 07:51 AM
Racer

Stoutman-

I would back out of this deal. The dealer is d*^&ing you.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Abyss Blue Sexiness

stroutman,

I'm waiting on exactly the same car. Back in the beginning of June I was told the car would be delivered in 30 days. When I called to check on the status a couple days ago, I was told it could be build as late as mid August. I personally don't find that acceptable and will talk to the dealer to see what can be done about it. For me the issue isn't just the wait but the fact that august is basically model year end. At that point the cars get greatly discounted and whatever deal you negotiated in June will defintely not look as good if you're getting the car during the MY clearance time.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:22 PM
darkside of the abyss

Originally Posted by icex731
Ummmm u guys dont look enough...BLKOWL....call keyes acura in van nuys....not too far from simi valley....was in there today looking to get my Anthracit/6sp/navi and saw that they had in the showroom an UNSOLD NBP/6sp/navi/hpt/aspec.....they had it there....so that would be no waiting...you might wanna give them a call....
Thanks for the info, but I will wait for the ABP I ordered. NBP is a good color but I really want an ABP. I figure if I am spending this kind of money, I better get what I want and not settle. Again thanks for the information.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:04 PM
04 TL 6MT NAVI ABP/Q

I have been very excited and would hate to hear the build date get pushed back. The way my dealer talked, it was set in stone that on 8/23 it would be built. He also stated that their dealership is on direct shipment w/ Acura and the cars usually come to them 1 1/2 to 2 days after the build date. That means I would get my acura in August. Guess I will just have to wait and see.

Since YOUR dealer seems to know what he/she is talking about, and my dealer barely calls me. Can you confirm with your dealer that the cars are built in waves based on Color? I started a thread called the California 6MT Navi report and it seems very likely that the factory does a "run" of a certain color, and then ships them out, and then moves onto the next color.

Also, can you ask them when the 05s are coming out? As said previously in this thread, with a late August build date, you might want to wait for an 05. My only concern is that by waiting for an 05 in a "rare" color, I will be adding even more months onto my wait time. Ask the dealer if you were to cancel your order and put one in for an 05 also in ABP how long would it take? Hoping for one of those "Set in stone" answers here.

1blkowl: You and I should call our dealers with the same question.
Old 07-13-2004, 09:27 PM
04 TL 6MT NAVI ABP/Q

Stroutman: Doubler check with your dealer (Have him run the inventory report thing again). Out here on the Left Coast I am getting earlier dates from both Torrance and Pasadena. Anywhere from Delivered end of this month to Delivered mid-end of Next month. That would put the build date way earlier than 8-22. I also got in touch with an Acura Customer Service person who wasnt an Ice Queen like the first lady I spoke to and was told they wont have any 04 build dates after middle-ish of next month. So either things got pushed up, or your dealer gave you a delivery date instead of a build date.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:24 PM
Advanced

I spoke with my dealer and confirmed that the build date for my car is August 23rd. Also, I am not too sure about that building of the TLs by color. I actually ordered my TL along w/ my cousin at the same time. Was a great thing too b/c it helped us get some pretty good deals on the cars. Live in a very high income area and car salesman do not come down in price easily in our area b/c ppl are willing to pay.

Anywho, both of our build dates are the same and I got the ABP and he got the Green.

Can not wait!