Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Waited for one hour......

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 08:49 PM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Waited for one hour......

One hour I waited for my wife at her doctor today. In that time, I spent 3/4 hour (Not kidding 45 min.) talking to 3 car nut's. OH yea!! These guys just walked up and stated "WOW I LOVE YOUR CAR MAN!!" Only one knew It was a ACURA.

The vote was YES to my TL. I had the trunk to the hood open three times! Big hits were aftermarket stuff. Blue LED's,Pro Cats,SS custom pipes. And on it went. I tell you what, I felt like a million bucks as I drove away. Telling the wife "See It's not just ME!!"
Old 03-24-2007, 08:53 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sweet....
Old 03-24-2007, 08:58 PM
Man of God.....

Red face

Oh yea, I forgot to say. The one guy whip's out his camera and says "Do you mind?" He took a couple under the hood picks!!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:06 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice spec you got there! I read your signature to see what you got on it. I bet that A-Spec kit looks awesome on the black too. i also got a black TL 6MT but it's bone stock. Still looks damn good.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
wow, you must be in a city where they are scarce of TL's or the city is just fool of car noobies. I have had my TL since the early days (Jan 04) and I have been up and down the east coast a million times and I have never got the responce you are describing.Wierd!!!
Old 03-24-2007, 09:26 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
You're not going to like this, forgive me, but it's nice to see another "old" guy who's into his car!

Dave
Old 03-24-2007, 09:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by scrb09
wow, you must be in a city where they are scarce of TL's or the city is just fool of car noobies. I have had my TL since the early days (Jan 04) and I have been up and down the east coast a million times and I have never got the responce you are describing.Wierd!!!
yeah, but do you have tints and a body kit and all the mods he has listed? tints, a body kit, and LEDs all together will automatically draw some attention and all the other mods he has make the car even more sweet... If you do have a few noticable mods, then that's something different
Old 03-25-2007, 12:37 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by speedbawlinTL
yeah, but do you have tints and a body kit and all the mods he has listed? tints, a body kit, and LEDs all together will automatically draw some attention and all the other mods he has make the car even more sweet... If you do have a few noticable mods, then that's something different
Absolutely! I have a 6MT NBP/Ebony and it attracts lots of attention and looks. When it's clean, and winter makes it hard to do so, but I try, it really gets compliments! And that's without me having it tinted yet! I have the chromed stock wheels, body kit, and rear decklid for right now, and at night when I get out the car, people see the blue leds I installed and there are more compliments. (even the dealership when I go there loves the car!) Next week I will have the 07 TL-S tails and the headlights cleared and blacked! I definitely know she will get some head turning then! Next month, time to change that grill!!! So yeah, aesthetics make a difference and this is being in an area where there are MANY TL owners! I mean MANY!

Besides, I look like people can talk to me, so that probably helps. If you look weird, they may like the car, but not want to say anything to you. LOL!
Old 03-25-2007, 01:52 AM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
All that I've gotten was some guy telling me to be careful with my car as I was driving off after donating books at the goodwill and some lady in her 40s asking what kind of car I had and then she told me that it's "awesome" lol
Old 03-25-2007, 09:09 AM
Banned

pnoi521, you on learner's permit? Dang.. that's a nice car for a 16 year olds.

I got compliments from my boss and co-employees at work. One of them dropped their jaws when looking at the inside, with that huge NAVI and luxurious stylish black interior.
Old 03-25-2007, 02:51 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by meowCat

I got compliments from my boss and co-employees at work. One of them dropped their jaws when looking at the inside, with that huge NAVI and luxurious stylish black interior.
Was that before or after you got out kitty?
Old 03-25-2007, 06:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by darksom1
Was that before or after you got out kitty?
I didn't tell them I bought the car when I first got it, but one day one of guys i know saw me getting out of that sexy hot black thing() in the morning and he was like woot!... He was impressed. So he told my manager I got a new car and we all went out in the parking lot and showed my pretty black TL. They were like....
Old 03-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Spiritman
One hour I waited for my wife at her doctor today. In that time, I spent 3/4 hour (Not kidding 45 min.) talking to 3 car nut's. OH yea!! These guys just walked up and stated "WOW I LOVE YOUR CAR MAN!!" Only one knew It was a ACURA.

The vote was YES to my TL. I had the trunk to the hood open three times! Big hits were aftermarket stuff. Blue LED's,Pro Cats,SS custom pipes. And on it went. I tell you what, I felt like a million bucks as I drove away. Telling the wife "See It's not just ME!!"

so you opened the trunk and hood using the voice commands?
Old 03-25-2007, 09:48 PM
Racer

Absolutely! I have a 6MT NBP/Ebony and it attracts lots of attention and looks. When it's clean, and winter makes it hard to do so, but I try, it really gets compliments! And that's without me having it tinted yet! I have the chromed stock wheels, body kit, and rear decklid for right now, and at night when I get out the car, people see the blue leds I installed and there are more compliments. (even the dealership when I go there loves the car!) Next week I will have the 07 TL-S tails and the headlights cleared and blacked! I definitely know she will get some head turning then! Next month, time to change that grill!!! So yeah, aesthetics make a difference and this is being in an area where there are MANY TL owners! I mean MANY!

Besides, I look like people can talk to me, so that probably helps. If you look weird, they may like the car, but not want to say anything to you. LOL!
hahaha... yeah... there are definitely a lot of TLs around here...

by the way, I think I might've seen you on 495 today on the outer loop near river road... if that wasn't you, then it was some other beautiful, clean NBP with a body kit that looks a whole lot like yours... I was driving in the loaner MDX I have right now (damn thing doesn't have a working radio or navi because I keep forgetting the lights don't turn off automatically... lol) was that you?
Old 03-26-2007, 09:54 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

hahaha... yeah... there are definitely a lot of TLs around here...

by the way, I think I might've seen you on 495 today on the outer loop near river road... if that wasn't you, then it was some other beautiful, clean NBP with a body kit that looks a whole lot like yours... I was driving in the loaner MDX I have right now (damn thing doesn't have a working radio or navi because I keep forgetting the lights don't turn off automatically... lol) was that you?
Nah, it wasn't me, but I'm down there all the time because I work in Bethesda! I know it wasn't me that time because I was only up my end Sunday.

The amount of TLs around here is crazy! But that just shows that people love this car! Including me!
Old 03-26-2007, 09:59 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I didn't tell them I bought the car when I first got it, but one day one of guys i know saw me getting out of that sexy hot black thing() in the morning and he was like woot!... He was impressed. So he told my manager I got a new car and we all went out in the parking lot and showed my pretty black TL. They were like....
LOL!I hear ya! Way to represent!
Old 03-26-2007, 10:19 AM
Man of God.....

Originally Posted by dmarcus48
You're not going to like this, forgive me, but it's nice to see another "old" guy who's into his car!

Dave
Nothing to forgive!! Funny thing is. Only the lucky ones here will ever know what it's like to be 55 years old...... and YES I DO LOVE MY CAR!!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Racer

Nah, it wasn't me, but I'm down there all the time because I work in Bethesda! I know it wasn't me that time because I was only up my end Sunday.

The amount of TLs around here is crazy! But that just shows that people love this car! Including me!
haha... this is true... but the number of TLs with body kits is a lot smaller, which is why I was hoping I might've had my first member sighting oh well... haha... we should meet up sometime if you're in Bethesda that often...

hey spiritman, I'll bet I can make it past 55... come to me in 34 years and we'll settle it
Old 03-26-2007, 11:04 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

haha... this is true... but the number of TLs with body kits is a lot smaller...

hey spiritman, I'll bet I can make it past 55... come to me in 34 years and we'll settle it
Yeah, I've noticed that! I wonder why the hell that is? They need to become a member huh? Get their ride pimped! LOL! I can't wait for me to do everything I want to do to mine! Badass! Just damn badass!!

Oh yeah SpeedbawlinTL...my plate says "CUWNICU"! Only I have that! Holla if ya see me!

Spiritman, in the DC/MD/VA area, the majority of the TL owners are middle-aged. So you have a lot of company man! Are you gonna take SpeedbawlinTL up on his bet? That's one helluva wager! LOL!
Old 03-26-2007, 11:15 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts

haha how'd you know I'm only on my lerners permit? yes, the navi does attract a lot of attention, and so does the black int. the A-Spec helps too!