Velocity Tuner?

OK, so I was looking around at some stuff today and I came across this:

http://www.velocitytuner.com/detail.html?prodid=10294

anybody ever heard of such a thing? im questioning it as BS

Let me know
Old 02-21-2008, 05:01 PM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
lol that looks so sketchy.... looks like it belongs with the +5HP from adding NOS stickers
Old 02-21-2008, 05:17 PM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
lol that looks so sketchy.... looks like it belongs with the +5HP from adding NOS stickers
Old 02-23-2008, 07:14 AM
aTLien

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wierd.. if it really is what it advertises then i would be all over this.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:16 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Don't waster your money.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:11 AM
2006 Acura TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cjustice117
OK, so I was looking around at some stuff today and I came across this:

http://www.velocitytuner.com/detail.html?prodid=10294

anybody ever heard of such a thing? im questioning it as BS

Let me know
These things do not work.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:21 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
dude this is like the intake turbonator thing... if you think air is going to begin to swirl because of this you sir.... no comment reply ends now

Old 02-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
That piece of crap has been around for years. It's junk.
Old 02-23-2008, 02:01 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pos......
Old 02-23-2008, 09:02 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

There are a few simple "tests" that you can use to determine whether or not a product such as this does what the maker/seller claims it does.

One. Does it come stock on the car or engine? Take a look at the product in question. It is quite simple and therefore easy to install as well as inexpensive. If it produced the kind of increases in power and fuel economy along with a reduction in emissions that the maker/seller claims it does, you can bet your bippy that car manufacturers would be snapping this little gem up in a New York minute.

Two. Do we see racing teams making use of this product? Don't you think that if it did what it claims, a host of racing teams would be snatching this puppy up in droves?

Also, anytime you see an ad that states "up to 21 more HP and up to 10% better mileage", if it was responsible for even 1/10th of a percent increase in these areas, the ad would be true because a .001 increase in HP would satisfy the "up to.." statement.

And then there is just plain logic. This product is installed in front of the throttle body I believe. What small amount of "swirling" that may possibly be created is going to disappear by the time the air flow makes its way through the intake manifold and plenum to the intake valves. As a matter of fact, engineers want a smooth, uninterrupted flow of air through the intake passages in order to reduce turbulence and negative pressure waves.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:02 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Interesting logic- if you think auto makers would add something to make better mileage.
They are all in agreement with big oil and the govt and do as little as possible for the buying public. Its all on a very organized schedule of release- 10 years from now.
Makers have engines that get great mileage sitting on the shelf.
Why should they sell you that when you will buy what they give now?

Air actually does rotate-swirl as it moves, perhaps you have watched the weather news on TV, low pressure rotates counter clockwise.

The VTEC part of our car changes the lift-timing and duration of the 2nd intake valve on each cylinder. It slightly delays the opening of 2nd intake valve- creating a swirling tornado effect inside the cylinder- mixing the fuel and air better.

The Tornado sold on tv and parts stores only works on non vtec or vortec engines.
But we already have a built in setup.

Want better mileage and handlng?- check you tire pressure monthly.
Old 02-24-2008, 04:19 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
I can get you the same gains, send me $25, Ill have someone come over there and smack you upside your head for thinking this would work

But in reality, it doesn't work may also cause additional problems
Old 02-24-2008, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
Interesting logic- if you think auto makers would add something to make better mileage.
They are all in agreement with big oil and the govt and do as little as possible for the buying public. Its all on a very organized schedule of release- 10 years from now.

Air actually does rotate-swirl as it moves, perhaps you have watched the weather news on TV, low pressure rotates counter clockwise.

The VTEC part of our car changes the lift-timing and duration of the 2nd intake valve on each cylinder. It slightly delays the opening of 2nd intake valve- creating a swirling tornado effect inside the cylinder- mixing the fuel and air better.

The Tornado sold on tv and parts stores only works on non vtec or vortec engines.

In an internal combustion engine, you want the most direct path with the smoothest and most dense air mass you can manage to reach the intake valves. As for combustion chamber swirling, that is nothing new at all about that technology.. it is well over 40 years old.

Now as for;

"They are all in agreement with big oil and the govt and do as little as possible for the buying public. Its all on a very organized schedule of release- 10 years from now.
Makers have engines that get great mileage sitting on the shelf."

I have heard that little argument for close to 50 years and it's nonsense. I'll tell you why. Let's take it back to, say, 1963. GM had well over 60% of the new car market in the U.S. So let's say Ford happened upon a technology (carburetors) that could increase fuel economy by 40%. Since Ford had a significantly smaller share of the market than did GM, do you really believe for one moment that they would say, "Wow, our R&D department has come up with a carburetor that will increase the average MPG of our full sized sedans with the 390 CID engine from 15 MPG to 21 MPG., but we'd better not install this into our cars because we wouldn't want to upset Standard Oil."

No way. Ford would push that puppy out in their cars as fast as they could to try to increase market share and take some business away from GM and Chrysler. That's called capitalism and the free market system.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:27 PM
Registered Member

Mind you, I respect your opinion and your post. I just tend to disagree.. that's all.

Now one thing I would like to know. What is your source of information for your following two statements?

"Its all on a very organized schedule of release- 10 years from now.
Makers have engines that get great mileage sitting on the shelf."

Thanks.
Old 02-24-2008, 05:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 762 Likes on 570 Posts
Up to 16% power increase...thats like 40hp I'm sold!!

Lolz did you read that in the national inquirer?