V6 VS 4 cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009 | 12:01 PM
The Dumb One

oh btw.. just in case you wanted to scream fake fake fake all day long..
you can watch this and put your tail between your legs.

hp+hp+hp = wheelie down the track.
the fact that you didnt think it was true, shows you need to watch some more REAL racing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlUEv...eature=related
Old 06-19-2009 | 12:29 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Rockstar21
oh btw.. just in case you wanted to scream fake fake fake all day long..
you can watch this and put your tail between your legs.

hp+hp+hp = wheelie down the track.
the fact that you didnt think it was true, shows you need to watch some more REAL racing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlUEv...eature=related

Idiot. I'm not saying it's not possible. It's the slowest way down the track. Cars pulled wheelies back in the day because suspension tech wasn't as good. Now you can have a 6 second car pull both wheels a few inches off the ground for maybe 100' and that's it. Again, you don't *want* to pull a wheelie as it slows you down. I can post videos of GNs running the same times as mine dragging the rear bumper on the track yet mine pulls the left tire and a couple inches under the right for a few feet. Doesn't mean shit.
Old 06-19-2009 | 12:36 PM
Team Owner

close.. but hes runnin 1200 hp.. not 800 theres no suspension on earth that could hold the front of that car down.
and its very possible when your runnin wheelie bars and dual shoots on the back. holes cut out on the floor so he can see the track. shifts to 3rd with the nose in the air. i dont think he needs any help from you lol.
cars run on 2 wheels 3, 4, 500 feet all day long buddy.. this aint the streets im talkin about.

sounds like your in denial of anybody having knowledge of cars besides you. maybe you need the education?

or maybe you just need a real good ass spanking from a smaller motor to realize you dont drive the jesus car and not everyone prays to it.
Bring it asshole. There's no daily driven street car with a smaller motor that's going to "spank me". Better yet, what do YOU drive that's going to give me a run. I could care less about your brother's cousin's boyfriend's roommate that has a faster car. There's always someone faster but I doubt it's you.

And again, I'm sorry he can't set a suspension up properly. Since we're all over the place with other people's cars that don't apply, lets talk about Top Fuel, the fastest cars on earth. Remind me, how much air do they pull???

Don't mention wheelie bars. Judging from your context you have no idea what they're for.

Go away little boy... you're annoying.
Old 06-19-2009 | 01:04 PM
Team Owner

Lastly, I'm flattered that you think it takes a full race car (holes in the floor, etc) to run with our 9 second full interior, non backhalved street car.

This car was setup to be an extremely fast street car. The PT88 turbo is the only thing limiting hp as we wanted it to have stock like spool. It's got more than enough motor to go into the 8s but we're a little more concerned with a fun car rather than a shell that gets trailered to the track.

And thanks for proving my point. I let you get off topic as you turned it into a pissing contest by bringing up your cousin's V8 powered Camaro but notice you offered up a V8 powered car to "spank me".

This is nothing against your cousin's car, I'm sure it's an awesome car but everyone has those annoying clueless family members that shoot their mouth off and proceed to put their foot in it (you) so I don't hold it against you.
Old 06-19-2009 | 01:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by I hate cars
Bring it asshole.
Idiot.
MODERATOR'S NOTE: Namecalling is NOT acceptable in this forum. If I see it again, then you will get some timeout from Azine.
Old 06-19-2009 | 01:25 PM
The Dumb One

Don't mention wheelie bars. Judging from your context you have no idea what they're for.

Go away little boy... you're annoying.
your right.. wheelie bars were meant for looks.. not holding the car on the pavement. my bad.

i salute you car god.
Old 06-19-2009 | 01:36 PM
Team Owner

your right.. wheelie bars were meant for looks.. not holding the car on the pavement. my bad.

i salute you car god.
Since I can no longer use insults.....

For the mentally challenged...

Wheelie bars take weight off the rear tires. Even someone such as yourself can understand this. There's supposed to be a minimal touching of the ground if any.
Old 06-19-2009 | 01:37 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by F23A4
MODERATOR'S NOTE: Namecalling is NOT acceptable in this forum. If I see it again, then you will get some timeout from Azine.
I feel they fit the poster well.. Won't happen again.
Old 06-19-2009 | 08:05 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

i dunno but when those Evo's STi's Skyline GTR's and Supra's are modded they are decently fast too and they also don't cost a lot.
Old 06-19-2009 | 09:24 PM
A Black TL

well actually supra do cost alot. You end up spending more then 12k, to get over 500hp.
Old 06-19-2009 | 10:24 PM
Drifting

I don't know about you guys, but my car runs at best mid 14's. I think it's fast.
Old 06-19-2009 | 10:38 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by iforyou
i dunno but when those Evo's STi's Skyline GTR's and Supra's are modded they are decently fast too and they also don't cost a lot.
You're right. Pretty much any factory turbo car is easy to make fast. But I'm not talking about 11s. Once you hit the 10s displacement starts to rule.
Old 06-20-2009 | 05:32 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I see where you are coming from. Given the same technology, the same weight, same gearing, and same..pretty much everything, then the car with larger displacement should make more power and faster.
Old 06-20-2009 | 11:00 PM
Team Owner

I see where you are coming from. Given the same technology, the same weight, same gearing, and same..pretty much everything, then the car with larger displacement should make more power and faster.
That's all I was trying to say.... Not that I don't love the small displacement cars beating up on the big blocks or I wouldn't drive the car I do.
Old 06-21-2009 | 12:13 AM
Got your mom in

^ and this is from a guy that hates cars.... imagine if he liked cars..

BTW the smart car vid that rockstar21 posted.. the smart car is powered by a huyabusa... I think i spelled it right...1300 > F430
Old 06-21-2009 | 06:41 AM
Car Enthusiast

You're right. Pretty much any factory turbo car is easy to make fast. But I'm not talking about 11s. Once you hit the 10s displacement starts to rule.
With some exceptional =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJN7AYH2Huw
Old 06-21-2009 | 09:06 AM
Got your mom in

i dunno but when those Evo's STi's Skyline GTR's and Supra's are modded they are pretty much unstoppable and they also don't cost a lot.
Fixed
Old 06-21-2009 | 01:02 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

lol.

wow that supra...nice.
Old 06-21-2009 | 09:53 PM
Got your mom in

Originally Posted by TL|GTX
well actually supra do cost alot. You end up spending more then 12k, to get over 500hp.
on what supra?. we have three in my family. one is putting 792whp and 718tq and we barely spent 7k, and that includes suspension. T88 turbo kit with all the necessities cost a tad over 3k. and just a side note, its pretty much daily driven on the harsh caribbean roads with pump gas. if you know where to put the money, you can build power for cheap it just takes time and proper tuning. I'm no high roller but i dont plan to put no more than 6k on mine....... I love the 2J just as much as i hate cars loves V6 & V8's. so much potential, so cheap and so easy and reliable, that was the point of I hate cars argument
Old 06-21-2009 | 10:13 PM
Car Enthusiast

Didn't see this one either. Unless you're prefer the N/A Supra then probably over $12K, but if already boosted from the factory. It's so easy to get extra power on those Supra. I'm not sure about the $12K either, I helped a friend for 2 weeks in his own garage on the IS300 with the 2JZ, a single turbo + all the "preferred" parts that he wanted. And the total was a little under $12K. Got 3 maps, and for conservative one (daily) he's running 11lbs of boost and that thing is already in the 360rwhp zone (I was at the dyno day).
Old 06-21-2009 | 11:02 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Silva-type-s
on what supra?. we have three in my family. one is putting 792whp and 718tq and we barely spent 7k, and that includes suspension. T88 turbo kit with all the necessities cost a tad over 3k. and just a side note, its pretty much daily driven on the harsh caribbean roads with pump gas. if you know where to put the money, you can build power for cheap it just takes time and proper tuning. I'm no high roller but i dont plan to put no more than 6k on mine....... I love the 2J just as much as i hate cars loves V6 & V8's. so much potential, so cheap and so easy and reliable, that was the point of I hate cars argument
The Supras throw all logic out the window lol. One of the few cars that made me nervous at redlights because they were just like mine. They could idle smooth and quiet, basically look and sound stock and still make 700hp. In other words you never knew what you were going to get. Very reliable at high hp, very cheap (no $7,000 built forged motor needed), and very tame for the hp level. The inline design of the block is by design stronger than a V configuration.

But really, the Supra is a rare exception and I have no problem admitting that. At 3.0L, it's somewhere in the middle of the common displacements today. One of the few imports I plan to own and race one day.
Old 06-22-2009 | 01:44 AM
The Dumb One

Since I can no longer use insults.....

For the mentally challenged...

Wheelie bars take weight off the rear tires. Even someone such as yourself can understand this. There's supposed to be a minimal touching of the ground if any.
I feel they fit the poster well.. Won't happen again.
wow, a true e-thug on acurazine.
if you only knew how bad it looks when you come at people the way you do.

your truly the champ in the racing section. not only do you have re-buttles changing the subject.. but they are completely off the subject of the argument at hand.. congrats. youre #1? lol

somebody says 4 cylinders hold their own, another says they can be modded cheaply.. and this guy immediately starts fanboyism with (big motors rule the world and they are reliable!) lol wtf.

calling people mentally challenged.. really?
i didnt realize until i just read these last two post how immature you really are. GG man. you can argue your point all you want. its not an issue that has a "right" side. too bad your too incompetent to realize that.

V12's FTW yeaAAAA hUGE moTOrZ!

i look forward to seeing your next insult that not only looks dumb, but has no effect on me.
sorry everyone this thread got so Off topic. some people..even at 32, are too hard headed to realize that "my dad can beat up your dad" days are over after grade school.

Last edited by Rockstar21; 06-22-2009 at 01:46 AM.
Old 06-22-2009 | 02:05 AM
Team Owner

wow, a true e-thug on acurazine.
if you only knew how bad it looks when you come at people the way you do.

your truly the champ in the racing section. not only do you have re-buttles changing the subject.. but they are completely off the subject of the argument at hand.. congrats. youre #1? lol

somebody says 4 cylinders hold their own, another says they can be modded cheaply.. and this guy immediately starts fanboyism with (big motors rule the world and they are reliable!) lol wtf.

calling people mentally challenged.. really?
i didnt realize until i just read these last two post how immature you really are. GG man. you can argue your point all you want. its not an issue that has a "right" side. too bad your too incompetent to realize that.

V12's FTW yeaAAAA hUGE moTOrZ!

i look forward to seeing your next insult that not only looks dumb, but has no effect on me.
sorry everyone this thread got so Off topic. some people..even at 32, are too hard headed to realize that "my dad can beat up your dad" days are over after grade school.
Did someone's feelings get hurt?? Need a hug? :theghey:

I read the first two lines before realizing you probably spent 20 minutes typing that crap while foaming at the mouth. Calm down, you'll see the light one day..
Old 06-22-2009 | 02:10 AM
The Dumb One

Did someone's feelings get hurt?? Need a hug? :theghey:

I read the first two lines before realizing you probably spent 20 minutes typing that crap while foaming at the mouth. Calm down, you'll see the light one day..

V8
GN V6

better?
Old 06-22-2009 | 02:24 AM
Team Owner

V8
GN V6

better?
Perfect! But you can throw the Supra next to the GN if you like.

You should re-read my arguments instead of getting butthurt and they may actually make sense.

I've been there through the early turbo days when I couldn't get a large turbo to spool on a 3.8L. I've run into the drivability issues making 900+hp with a little 4.2-4.5L V6. This is part of the reason we limited turbo size on my father's car when it has enough engine to make 1,000+ at the wheels. The turbo required would cut into the drivability and take some of the fun out of a nice street car. Besides, 800hp doesn't come close to hooking on the street.

You're concentrating on all out hp and I'm more concerned with drivability at a given hp. Making the hp is easy even with small engines. Making it streetable is a bit more difficult.

A larger engine has a big advantage in this category. Take a 900hp turbo 427 and a 900hp turbo 2.0L and one will be fairly tame and drivable while one is a pure race engine that's temperamental and hard to drive and makes all of it's power in the last few rpm before redline and has no power below 7,000.
Old 06-22-2009 | 07:04 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Supras throw all logic out the window lol. One of the few cars that made me nervous at redlights because they were just like mine. They could idle smooth and quiet, basically look and sound stock and still make 700hp. In other words you never knew what you were going to get. Very reliable at high hp, very cheap (no $7,000 built forged motor needed), and very tame for the hp level. The inline design of the block is by design stronger than a V configuration.

But really, the Supra is a rare exception and I have no problem admitting that. At 3.0L, it's somewhere in the middle of the common displacements today. One of the few imports I plan to own and race one day.
The RB26DETT is right up there with the 2JZ-GTE in terms of "mod-ibility" from my understanding And I think it can rev even higher. It's also an I6, also has a cast iron block like the 2JZ.
Old 06-22-2009 | 09:28 PM
Got your mom in

^ the RB26DET in the R34 does have the same block as the 2JZ-GTE. not same as in identical but same as in very similar. to me the 2J block looks a bit thicker and its lighter. on the contrary the 95 supra twin turbo is just a bit heavier than the R4 Gt-R N1. and from what i understand both have unlimited potential.
Old 06-23-2009 | 12:19 AM
A Black TL

supra's, and skylines are pure sex
Old 06-23-2009 | 02:04 PM
The Dumb One

supra's, and skylines are pure sex
agreed.

i've tried to buy the TT supra an old guy drives in my neighborhood at least 6 times.. beautiful in its mint stockness..

one day he'll have to let it go.
Old 06-23-2009 | 03:02 PM
A Black TL

haa dont be wishing anything bad to happen
Old 06-26-2009 | 04:26 AM

David Buschur's 9 sec daily driven evo !!!

I'm pretty sure it has full interior.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZx32APqUXM
Old 06-26-2009 | 06:09 AM

There's a guy by the name of Mighty Mouse over at LS1tech who's a hero to many. He had a daily driven 9-second Firebird Formula, and it was truly daily driven because it was his only car. He eventually built this 8-second Trans-Am, which he says is a lot more reliable than his Formula, but he has other cars now so he only drives it a few days a week when its nice out. I can imagine if he only had the Trans-Am, he would DD with ease.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8...htm#commentTop

Mighty Mouse himself speaking
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/11573024-post78.html

Originally Posted by vhtran
Impressive.

Here's a low 7-second single turbo Camaro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtWn5sj795I
Old 06-26-2009 | 11:50 PM
slobalt defender

I traded my TL for a cobalt SS, keep in mind there were two models of SS cobalts from 05 to 07, one was a 2.4 NA which run 15's, and one was the 2.0SC which run mid 14's stock. A ton of people confuse these two which really pisses off 2.0 owners. Of course I lost some luxury from the trade, but I gained 1000% more aftermarket support and a ton more potential for less $. You can make a safe 400whp cobalt with about 5g's, but most stick to the normal pulley/bolton route like I did and make a tad under 300 to the tire. The stock m62 blower is pretty limited in power, without swapping it out, you will most likely never hit over 300 without nitrous. The new 08+ turbo cobalts are a whole new animal though, with a tune only you can get 300+whp and 340+wtq. For now, the turbo swaps available seem to be making 350whp or so, but you can't push it much more than that. At 400whp you run out of fuel, since the car is DI, there are no aftermarket injectors or pumps yet.
Old 06-27-2009 | 12:00 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by HockeyMan0920
I traded my TL for a cobalt SS, keep in mind there were two models of SS cobalts from 05 to 07, one was a 2.4 NA which run 15's, and one was the 2.0SC which run mid 14's stock. A ton of people confuse these two which really pisses off 2.0 owners. Of course I lost some luxury from the trade, but I gained 1000% more aftermarket support and a ton more potential for less $. You can make a safe 400whp cobalt with about 5g's, but most stick to the normal pulley/bolton route like I did and make a tad under 300 to the tire. The stock m62 blower is pretty limited in power, without swapping it out, you will most likely never hit over 300 without nitrous. The new 08+ turbo cobalts are a whole new animal though, with a tune only you can get 300+whp and 340+wtq. For now, the turbo swaps available seem to be making 350whp or so, but you can't push it much more than that. At 400whp you run out of fuel, since the car is DI, there are no aftermarket injectors or pumps yet.

You should've waited for the turbo kit. Over 400hp and 400lbs at under 10psi and they're beating the crap out of them reliably. The TL is finally on the performance map.

We will see some stock heads/intake/throttlebody/cams TLs hitting 700+hp with some real boost and a forged bottom end. So far they've held together at 500whp so no one knows the limit yet but I predict 500 is pushing it.
Old 06-27-2009 | 01:47 AM
A Black TL

I dont care much about any v8 hitting 8. Now a 4cyl full interior hitting 8 is impressive.
Old 06-27-2009 | 01:58 AM
slobalt defender

You should've waited for the turbo kit. Over 400hp and 400lbs at under 10psi and they're beating the crap out of them reliably. The TL is finally on the performance map.

We will see some stock heads/intake/throttlebody/cams TLs hitting 700+hp with some real boost and a forged bottom end. So far they've held together at 500whp so no one knows the limit yet but I predict 500 is pushing it.
you have to consider the glass tranny and cost to do that kit, no way in hell I could have afforded to do something like that to my TL and it still be my daily. I could make that same power in my cobalt with a turbo kit and still use the stock clutch and tranny. It would also be 500lbs lighter than a TL.
Old 06-27-2009 | 02:04 AM

the video above of the Camaro, I'm sorry, is a supercharged Camaro

last I saw Ray Sanchez' Camaro it was turbocharged....
Old 06-27-2009 | 12:19 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by HockeyMan0920
you have to consider the glass tranny and cost to do that kit, no way in hell I could have afforded to do something like that to my TL and it still be my daily. I could make that same power in my cobalt with a turbo kit and still use the stock clutch and tranny. It would also be 500lbs lighter than a TL.
The TL's turbo kit looks like it's going to come in somewhere around $5,000. The 6mt is holding up fine with the extra power. The auto version was already on it's way out so we'll see how it holds up with a fresh unit in there.
Old 06-27-2009 | 12:49 PM
Turd Polisher

Cobalt SS:

Turbo TL:

I like the fact that the TL looks like a total / sleeper and it's not apart of the whole performance import scene.

Now it is fellas .. the look on people's faces when they hear the BOV and see taillights is going to be priceless.
Old 06-27-2009 | 01:49 PM
Your Garage

Quick Reply: V6 VS 4 cylinder