V6 VS 4 cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009 | 02:30 PM
A Black TL

Originally Posted by 07HONDATL
haha ^^^ what he said. thats exactly what im saying slap a turbo or supercharger in a V6 it will destroy Cobalts,evo,STI, or ne of those cars unless they to are heavly modded but thats what im saying..lol..I 100% agree with ur statement
Btw the turbo is still in production and will be very limited, and will cost much. And no u will not destroy a STI, nor EVO.
Old 06-15-2009 | 05:17 PM
Pro

it can walk me all it wants ill still take the V6 over a NEON ne day..lol..

yea the SRT 4 is light im not sure how much it weighs and u drop a upgraded turbo in it i guess is what ur saying. and the srt is what 232 HP so as for argument sake im using the G37 as an example the G37 is a V6 with 330 HP STOCK the SRT 232 HP stock and u put 3gs into that G37 hows the SRT 4 gonna walk a car that now has over 400Hp where the SRT is just maybe touching 3something Hp with what he G came stock with it..i dont know if u understand what im trying to say in a roundabout way..and im not sure how much HP each car will push after mods and what mods ppl are putting into the cars thats just for argument sake im just saying and Indeed it still is a NEON i dont care how Turbod out it is its ugly and a NEON on wheels.. its just not my preference but to others who it is more power to u..lol..
i completely understand your argument. i wouldnt buy a neon either but, i cant afford a g37.

neon = $21,000 (roughly)
g37 = $36,00 (roughly)

my point is, dropping 3gs on each car. you will get much better gains on the neon.

not too sure of cost on modding the g37 but, i doubt youll be able to get a turbo in there for that much.

also, not sure how much power you can get the neon too with 3gs but, im pretty sure itll be around 300 no? plus its lighter...
Old 06-15-2009 | 05:20 PM
ShellZV6

lol yea i hear you i understand i dont have a G37 ne way..lol i have an accord the G37 was just for argument sake..but i actually heard some kid on another forum has a 2007 Accord coupe with a supercharger i heard hes pushing 350HP thats pretty cool from 244HP..but yea the money to do serious mods now a days is crazzyyy..lol.i wish i could supercharge or turbo my accord out it would be a sleeper.. like look at this accord sedan plz get out of here and just beat them..lol funny stuff..
Old 06-15-2009 | 08:03 PM
Got your mom in

you'll be surprised of what those 4 cylinders do. I dont under estimate any of them, mainly because ive seen what they can do with little money and i've built a few. Ive seen a fully built SI(b16) tear a new asshole on an SRT-4 and a Cobalt SS and they were'nt stock. now-a-days everyone is doing K-series H-series and J-series swaps so when they pull up to v6 cars they're not threatened. and remember they weigh nothing so power to weight ratio goes to them. A new trend is nitrous on those all motor cars. I lost to a single cam Del Sol and later found out he was on the spray.... I beaten many and lost to a select few.

Manny I'm coming for that type R!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2009 | 09:14 PM
Team Owner

I feel like I've lost IQ by reading this thread. There's a minute of my life I'll never get back.
Old 06-15-2009 | 09:16 PM
ShellZV6

lol no 1 told u to read it and im sure that minute of ur LIFE wasnt important..lol
Old 06-15-2009 | 09:31 PM
ShellZV6

Originally Posted by Derk's K24
In the end it all depends on what you want and like as well as what your intent for the car is. Some people buy cars to make em fast, some people buy cars that look nice with nice features and are somewhat fast. So obviously the people who want to make fast cars buy 4 bangers because of the potential and cost. V6's are usually for the peeps who want to "pimp" a semi fast car.

Back to the original argument though if it were me I'd snag a Mazda Speed 3, slap a couple people around and call it a day. That's a car that comes with some luxury yet puts down like 280ft lbs tq and 263hp. Imagine the possibilities with that boosted 4 banger that cost wayyyy less than the cars we're talking about. Just put a lil money into it and you're hittin 300 to the wheels easy. Dont sleep on that one when they pull up next to you or ya might get embarassed like the guy in a 2nd gen RL did by me a couple weeks ago.

whats mods are done to ur Accord.. its not just I/E ?? or u have supercharged or turbod or something im kinda curious about this now..lol
Old 06-15-2009 | 09:49 PM
Team Owner

lol no 1 told u to read it and im sure that minute of ur LIFE wasnt important..lol
It's like a trainwreck. I tried not to look at it but you know....
Old 06-15-2009 | 10:50 PM
ShellZV6

Originally Posted by I hate cars
It's like a trainwreck. I tried not to look at it but you know....

lol
Old 06-15-2009 | 10:52 PM
Team Owner

lol
I can't even say anything mean since I realized you were a girl. It took me like 3 thread to realize it though.

Girls racing.... That scares me lol.
Old 06-15-2009 | 11:51 PM
ShellZV6

lol o stop were capable of it. although i have seen some girls drive reatarded and super crazy im not like that..Try me..lol.what exactly were u gonna say that was mean?? lol it took u 3 threads to realize i was a girl it says SHELLY silly pay attention..
Old 06-16-2009 | 01:38 AM
Team Owner

lol o stop were capable of it. although i have seen some girls drive reatarded and super crazy im not like that..Try me..lol.what exactly were u gonna say that was mean?? lol it took u 3 threads to realize i was a girl it says SHELLY silly pay attention..
I had a few mean things planned, I'm never at a loss for words lol. And yes, it took until recently to notice. I've never been accused of being that smart.

What was funny in hindsight yet scary as hell was my ex driving my GN. I would let her take it to work since she worked a mile from home but I took the wastegate rod off so no boost and she had a whole 150hp to play with. I drove her car because I had a commute.

Once day we were running late, I pulled up to the house right as she was. I jumped in my GN and took off to our appointment and immediately noticed I had boost. I looked at her, she had this oh shit look on her face. She had watched me enough times unscrew the wastegate that she learned how to put it back on every morning. The scariest thing ever was a little 5'2" petite blonde with 600hp under her foot.
Old 06-16-2009 | 01:56 AM
ShellZV6

haha thats funny she was prolly getting raunchy out there on the road..lol im not petite im 5 foot 7 and im pretty sure i can handle all that power under my foot..lol
Old 06-16-2009 | 11:14 AM
is in Honda heaven

whats mods are done to ur Accord.. its not just I/E ?? or u have supercharged or turbod or something im kinda curious about this now..lol

Naw, the 4 banger in the Accord sucks ass. My girl bought the car 6 years ago not under my supervision so we ended up with a 4cyl auto. I've got every bolt on imaginable but it's still slow. I've got plans for that though. Muahahaha! However the basis of my argument was just not to sleep on all 4bangers.
Old 06-16-2009 | 11:17 AM
ShellZV6

haha no doubt ur argument is deff noted..i dont sleep on all 4 bangers sometimes when i see a 4 cylinder try to race me full on im like whats he got done that hes so confident he can beat me..ive seen a civic hatch on youtube with a corvette engine in it i was like holy Ish that thing is fast..haha i dont know if u guys ever seen it but its pretty insane...

i remember when my parents took me to the honda dealer they were like get the civic its cute i said omg no i dont do cute and i dont want a 4cylinder..lol now if they made a honda civic V6 in that lil body id be down..lol.. 3.5 liter 280HP V6 civic SI..NICEEEE lol
Old 06-16-2009 | 11:58 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Derk's K24
Naw, the 4 banger in the Accord sucks ass. My girl bought the car 6 years ago not under my supervision so we ended up with a 4cyl auto. I've got every bolt on imaginable but it's still slow. I've got plans for that though. Muahahaha! However the basis of my argument was just not to sleep on all 4bangers.
No, just 99.9% of 4 bangers.
Old 06-16-2009 | 12:20 PM
ShellZV6

lol u truly are never at a loss for words..lol
Old 06-16-2009 | 05:43 PM
Got your mom in

^ naw only when it comes to 4 bangers
Old 06-16-2009 | 05:45 PM
Got your mom in

Shelly could have been the car name............. she looks like a Shelly
Old 06-16-2009 | 10:43 PM
A Black TL

No, just 99.9% of 4 bangers.
r u kidding cars?
Old 06-17-2009 | 11:14 AM
The Dumb One

^^ thats the kind of underminded statement that makes guys with big engines lose their mind when a 2.0 4 cylinder screams past them. and they are left scratching their heads..

i've owned a 4, a 6 and 8 even knew a few people with straight 5's lol
no doubt in my mind i could make them all 11 second cars.

wanna take a guess at which one would get to that point the fastest and cheapest?

people look at cars, and say, off the lot my car is better b/c it has more liters and more cylinders.. which in most cases is pretty accurate.. but also very ignorant.

you start messing with people who are into their cars, no matter what size engine... well you might wanna put your foot in your mouth untill you've raced them.

Old 06-17-2009 | 11:23 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Rockstar21
^^ thats the kind of underminded statement that makes guys with big engines lose their mind when a 2.0 4 cylinder screams past them. and they are left scratching their heads..

i've owned a 4, a 6 and 8 even knew a few people with straight 5's lol
no doubt in my mind i could make them all 11 second cars.

wanna take a guess at which one would get to that point the fastest and cheapest?

people look at cars, and say, off the lot my car is better b/c it has more liters and more cylinders.. which in most cases is pretty accurate.. but also very ignorant.

you start messing with people who are into their cars, no matter what size engine... well you might wanna put your foot in your mouth untill you've raced them.

Get out in the real racing scene and you'll quickly realize that V8s dominate the scene. Sure, there's the rare fast 4 or 6 cylinder but it's not the norm. The internet would have you believe they're everywhere but that's not the case. My bottom 10 second V6 is rare and if it weren't for this car I would have a 427" LSx engine with a huge single turbo.

You're just not getting it. You can make anything fast up to a point. With the larger engines drivability and reliability don't suffer as much. You don't have to run race gas. You don't have to have it tuned on the edge all the time, and likely they're going to be cheaper to run and maintain at the same power level.

And bring your 2.0 4 banger against my 6 banger and you're going to get your feelings hurt badly.
Old 06-17-2009 | 06:08 PM
Got your mom in

Get out in the real racing scene and you'll quickly realize that V8s dominate the scene. Sure, there's the rare fast 4 or 6 cylinder but it's not the norm. The internet would have you believe they're everywhere but that's not the case. My bottom 10 second V6 is rare and if it weren't for this car I would have a 427" LSx engine with a huge single turbo.

You're just not getting it. You can make anything fast up to a point. With the larger engines drivability and reliability don't suffer as much. You don't have to run race gas. You don't have to have it tuned on the edge all the time, and likely they're going to be cheaper to run and maintain at the same power level.

And bring your 2.0 4 banger against my 6 banger and you're going to get your feelings hurt badly.
i wouldnt bring just any four cylinder for that gn. lol..
Old 06-17-2009 | 06:12 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Silva-type-s
i wouldnt bring just any four cylinder for that gn. lol..
How's the Supra coming along?
Old 06-17-2009 | 06:35 PM
Got your mom in

How's the Supra coming along?
its currently in Antigua (West Indies). my uncle's have it on the back burner for now due to what they call the bad economy (i think its BS) one promised me a 2J and the other said 7M is my best bet. i know its running cuz i ask almost every week. when it left here i was still working on my launches. dont know whats going to happen since the car still isnt mine, so i've been keeping and eye on an MR-2 in London just in case. I'll be in the Caribbean at the end of the year so i'll have pics and a video, and maybe my money i put into the car or the car in general.

My neighbor asked about it too. he gave his GN to his son so i know it wont last. It's already on 22's
Old 06-18-2009 | 02:05 PM
The Dumb One

my accord is an H22, not an f20.. and by far not a 10 second car. im not into the dick swinging contest as many are here.

the TL is no race car by any means. (3.2) mid 15's at best stock.

my 944 turbo S is a 2.5 liter powerplant from the factory running high 13's from the factory and running low-mid 13's 22 years later with little money put into it. (my precious)

The Model A Has an LS1 in it. and i love the power. but its definately the biggest hits to our pockets as far as upkeep and performance parts.

truth is, people can argue all day which is better.. but when it comes down to it. NEITHER is the only answer.

its the owner, the driver, and the money put into it.

saying V8's or V6's are better because they are bigger and "generally" faster is just ignorant. but its to each their own.

i laugh at fanboyism.. b/c i like them all for seperate reasons

but just for dick swingism and for your pleasure.. you bring that 10 second gn anywhere near my precious babies.. i'll borrow my cousins 8 second camaro and shit all over your windshield with it lol. that thing takes the 1/8th mile line on two wheels

Last edited by Rockstar21; 06-18-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 06-18-2009 | 02:12 PM
The Dumb One

ps. i have a great respect for GN's, they have a convention of like 10 of them every year by my work... way ahead of its time if you ask me.
but dont front cars on the internet... there's always a bigger fish.. even if it aint in my garage. somebody always owns you. no point in it i think.
Old 06-18-2009 | 02:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Get out in the real racing scene and you'll quickly realize that V8s dominate the scene. Sure, there's the rare fast 4 or 6 cylinder but it's not the norm.

but just for dick swingism and for your pleasure.. you bring that 10 second gn anywhere near my precious babies.. i'll borrow my cousins 8 second camaro and shit all over your windshield with it lol. that thing takes the 1/8th mile line on two wheels
u just confirmed his statement... your cousin's 8 second camaro, which is a V8 no???
Old 06-18-2009 | 03:30 PM
Team Owner

my accord is an H22, not an f20.. and by far not a 10 second car. im not into the dick swinging contest as many are here.

the TL is no race car by any means. (3.2) mid 15's at best stock.

my 944 turbo S is a 2.5 liter powerplant from the factory running high 13's from the factory and running low-mid 13's 22 years later with little money put into it. (my precious)

The Model A Has an LS1 in it. and i love the power. but its definately the biggest hits to our pockets as far as upkeep and performance parts.

truth is, people can argue all day which is better.. but when it comes down to it. NEITHER is the only answer.

its the owner, the driver, and the money put into it.

saying V8's or V6's are better because they are bigger and "generally" faster is just ignorant. but its to each their own.

i laugh at fanboyism.. b/c i like them all for seperate reasons

LOL. Don't assume my GN is the only one in the stable. You bring your cousin's Camaro, I'll bring my dad's 800+rwhp 2,900lb GN. We could do this for days. How far down the family tree would you like to go? And if it's pulling a wheelie for the 1/8 (which is a lie) tell him he doesn't know how to set a suspension up.

My friend has had 944s his whole life, a couple regular 944s, a couple 951s, and a 944S2.

They always ran well. The turbo bone stock went 13.8. The S2 went 13.9 stock. The current turbo had major over fueling issues off the line and only ran a 14.7 but trapped 117mph so it's an 11 second car with a good tune.

Get it in your head that I own a V6 and I love the fact that it's a V6 making the very streetable power that it does. The shock and awe factor is great when you blow away a supercharged big block in a quiet stock sounding V6.... But I'm not blind and I've been doing this long enough to know that more displacement is always a good thing. You will have better reliability, better streetability, and generally less money into a V8 at the same power level.

Let's see any factory 4 banger make and live somewhat reliably at the 800hp that some of the Termi Mustangs do with no mods to the longblock.

You're the fanboi and ignorant one here. Get it in your head, displacement rules. You will never have a streetable 2.0L in a nearly full weight street car compete with the big boys. It seems every time me and my friends are at the street races, we're racing trailered race only imports that are gutted to the shell, engine swapped and no exhuast with our daily driven street cars. Supras are about the only import I can think of that are competitive.
Old 06-18-2009 | 04:45 PM
A Black TL

Umm skyline?
Old 06-18-2009 | 04:48 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TL|GTX
Umm skyline?
It's a 12 second car in the hands of an average driver. It would get humiliated at the street races.
Old 06-18-2009 | 09:31 PM
Got your mom in

Easy, I hate cars...... no point in getting riled up over an opinion..... Are you sure you still hate cars?? the second response had me sold. I almost bought a V8. lol

I have a supra
Old 06-18-2009 | 11:12 PM
A Black TL

IT runs 12's stock? Y would it get humiliated?
Old 06-18-2009 | 11:17 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TL|GTX
IT runs 12's stock? Y would it get humiliated?
It depends on the street races but the ones around here, 11s are entry level. My GN does well but it's far from the fastest, probably the most streetable though. There have been "rumors" of some 7 and 8 second cars running on the street for $5,000+. When those guys show up I pull mine off to the side and park it for the night and enjoy the show.
Old 06-18-2009 | 11:22 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

This argument is never ending...lol.
Old 06-18-2009 | 11:47 PM
A Black TL

oh dam lol, how does awd handle 800hp?
Old 06-18-2009 | 11:53 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by iforyou
This argument is never ending...lol.
It's not an argument really and anyone who makes it into one needs to get an education.

You do the same mods to a 427 and the same mods to a 2.0 and guess which one will make more power and likely be just as reliable at a much higher power level....
Old 06-19-2009 | 12:06 AM
A Black TL

about the awd takinga abuse from 800hp?
Old 06-19-2009 | 11:48 AM
The Dumb One

i never talked down any size motor and im the fanboy.. wow
stop blowing big motors dicks

your screwing your own logic by saying do the same mods to a v8 and 4 cylinder and see who wins.

the v8 cost as much or more without mods as the smaller motor did fully modded.
i love american muscle, and even exotic v8's v10's as much as the next guy. but your just wrong on so many levels in how you think.

heres a kneeslapper for ya.. wanna guess which one cost less..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5S1N...eature=related
Old 06-19-2009 | 11:54 AM
The Dumb One

LOL. Don't assume my GN is the only one in the stable. You bring your cousin's Camaro, I'll bring my dad's 800+rwhp 2,900lb GN. We could do this for days. How far down the family tree would you like to go? And if it's pulling a wheelie for the 1/8 (which is a lie) tell him he doesn't know how to set a suspension up.
close.. but hes runnin 1200 hp.. not 800 theres no suspension on earth that could hold the front of that car down.
and its very possible when your runnin wheelie bars and dual shoots on the back. holes cut out on the floor so he can see the track. shifts to 3rd with the nose in the air. i dont think he needs any help from you lol.
cars run on 2 wheels 3, 4, 500 feet all day long buddy.. this aint the streets im talkin about.

sounds like your in denial of anybody having knowledge of cars besides you. maybe you need the education?

or maybe you just need a real good ass spanking from a smaller motor to realize you dont drive the jesus car and not everyone prays to it.

Quick Reply: V6 VS 4 cylinder