Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V1 Blendmount?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 09:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
V1 Blendmount?

Ive searched and search all over so if someone says use the search button i will kill you....but seriously i want to buy the blend mount for my Valentine 1 but have read that some people have tried it and it fits but other people say it doesnt fit someone please Chime in thanks
Old 03-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
hmmm I have been thinking of getting a V1...wtf is a blendmount?
Old 03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Burning Brakes

damn someone on here had to of tried it here it is on Ebay
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Blend...spagenameZWDVW
Old 03-16-2009, 10:05 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
Ah, I see, okay. Yea, there are lots of people here who have the V1 hardwired so someone has to have tried this or maybe has a better idea? I'm just worried about how big it would look...
Old 03-16-2009, 10:15 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
I was also wondering about this mount. I thought it looks a hell lot more reliable than suction cups and the detector sits in a perfect position for functionality. I hope the detector can be mounted/dismounted easily and that it doesn't weight down the mirror too much. If there are no problems with this then I am sold on the idea. The only other thing is that it is a bit pricey but as long as it is well made it's worth it.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
I was also wondering about this mount. I thought it looks a hell lot more reliable than suction cups and the detector sits in a perfect position for functionality. I hope the detector can be mounted/dismounted easily and that it doesn't weight down the mirror too much. If there are no problems with this then I am sold on the idea. The only other thing is that it is a bit pricey but as long as it is well made it's worth it.

yeahh i have mine hardwired but on my visor and i dont like looking up to see the alert and i dont want to put the suction cups on my windshield for 2 reasons i think anything suction cupped on the windshield looks ghetto and in the way and also my windshield is tinted so im afraid it will mess up my tint
Old 03-16-2009, 10:47 PM
Drifting

Received 220 Likes on 180 Posts
I bought a blend mount from another source for my TL and it did not fit. Wound up installing it in my Wife's car and had issues with the vibration of the detector- it was very annoying. The problem with these mounts is that the back edge is not pressed against the windshield and very likely to vibrate. My Bel STi Driver has a rubber stop that butts up against the windshield to prevent vibration for this reason.

I wound up taking the standard metal bracket and gluing it to the top area of the windshield. We own both our cars and plan on keeping them for a long time so this works very well for us. Another benefit is that is almost 'stealth' having a detector because it's up in the tint strip and almost invisible from the outside. There's no need to use the remote controls on a power cord because the detector is right next to me near the visor.
I have been zapped by laser and radar and this placement has been very effective in alerting me so I don't buy into arguments about needing to mount the detector lower.

Just a thought and a lot cheaper as well. It's been over a year and both vehicle mounts are holding up well with the glue method.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:34 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
I have an additional 20% tint strip (metallic) up on my windshield. Some say not to put it behind there, it will reduce effectiveness and others say it makes no difference. If I put it below the strip it will sit pretty low. If I put it ON the tint, I am not too comfortable with mounting something on my TINT. It could peel or rip. I would rather have it directly on the glass. Or mounted more securely on another point. That's why this rearview mirror idea sounds sensible. If this works with the rearview mirror it would sit at the perfect level. Why didn't the mount work? Was it the shape of the mirror arm?
Old 03-17-2009, 03:41 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
search bich search, lol...

OK.. do not waste your money.. our mirrors are to thick for that assembly.. and 2nd of all.. the higher the V1 the better coverage...

See how I have positioned V1 right at the edge of the strip, so it reads nicely..and my conceal display does the rest at the corner at driver's A pillar... Pics? you know my answer.. right?