Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Used Acura TL ASPEC For Sale...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2006, 10:39 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Used Acura TL ASPEC For Sale...

sorry to get anyones hopes up, but i just wanted to know why i can't find a used acura tl aspec for sale...ever? can someone help me out? point me in the right direction. thanks in advance!
Old 01-18-2006, 11:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 708 Likes on 325 Posts
Could be because there aren't many A-Specs out there in the first place.

Perhaps you should consider buying a regular TL and installing the A-Spec goodies yourself. That's what the dealership does, in essence.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
the A-spec owners love their TLs too much to sell them!
Old 01-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SebringSilver
Could be because there aren't many A-Specs out there in the first place.

Perhaps you should consider buying a regular TL and installing the A-Spec goodies yourself. That's what the dealership does, in essence.
how much would it cost to get an a-spec package at the dealership and installed? i kinda wanted the warranty off a used aspec...can't get that if buy a used tl and get the aspec kit later.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:01 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Drew408
how much would it cost to get an a-spec package at the dealership and installed? i kinda wanted the warranty off a used aspec...can't get that if buy a used tl and get the aspec kit later.
Apparently, you can get all the parts for compiling your own A-Spec kit from various sources like eBay and certain Acura dealerships that give great discounts on the individual parts. I have no idea how much they would be because I bought my car with the A-Spec package already installed.

Try a search on the forum. There must be dozens of threads that document where to get the parts, how to install it, what ramifications installing it yourself would have on your warranty, etc.

Good luck.
Old 01-19-2006, 06:17 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
If you get the parts at a dealership and have them install it, I am pretty sure it falls under a warranty.....
Old 01-19-2006, 06:27 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by jmbnova
If you get the parts at a dealership and have them install it, I am pretty sure it falls under a warranty.....

Yeah it's covered for sure under warranty..
Old 01-19-2006, 06:28 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by Drew408
sorry to get anyones hopes up, but i just wanted to know why i can't find a used acura tl aspec for sale...ever? can someone help me out? point me in the right direction. thanks in advance!
If you do find one with A-Spec already installed, it's more likely to be a car that was driven harder than one without to begin with. Just find yourself a good used TL and have it added.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:02 AM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
here you go..... http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ist=119#vdptop

This was my car I bought with 4 miles on it. I traded it in (with under 8,000 miles) and its still for sale. I know for a fact the guy will come down ALOT... the one i bought from him was the same car but with NAV and 6MT and it was listed at 32 but I bought it for 27,500 (it had 12,000 miles)
Old 01-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Mofo

here you go..... http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...ist=119#vdptop

This was my car I bought with 4 miles on it. I traded it in (with under 8,000 miles) and its still for sale. I know for a fact the guy will come down ALOT... the one i bought from him was the same car but with NAV and 6MT and it was listed at 32 but I bought it for 27,500 (it had 12,000 miles)

What did he give you for yours? Im curious about the mark up
Old 01-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Banned

The only thing with the Aspec package I would be worried about with a 'warranty' are the rims.
Old 01-19-2006, 12:08 PM
Banned

Oh ill sell you mine, 9600 miles. Loaded, navi, anthracite with camel interior.

'05, but I Aspec'd it after the dealership because they want way too much money.

Old 01-19-2006, 06:42 PM
Racer

12months / 12k miles (whichever comes first) when parts are purchased and installed by a dealer.

12 months when parts are purchased from a dealer.

if the A-Spec kit was listed on the original Sales Oder (the long paperwork you sign when you close a deal on a car) then the accessories (A-Spec parts) are covered by the new-car warranty (48 months?).

hth
Old 01-20-2006, 07:31 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Drew, on E-bay you'll find the kits for sale by some dealers. The amount to have it installed should definitely be something to haggle over. There are posts here on that subject.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Registered Offender

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TCMS
The only thing with the Aspec package I would be worried about with a 'warranty' are the rims.
I wish I would have asked this question.

I've got the A-spec rims and now the gunmetal finish is chipping off.
I took it in and they told me its from abuse. They declined any warranty coverage.

It's bullshit, I've used the same soap and cleaning methods on every car I've owned. Never have I inflicted damage on any parts while cleaning. However, I did learn the hard way how to condition the ventilated leather. Be warned, those of you who are planning on using leather conditioner, if you apply a glob of conditioner to a cloth and try and wipe down the leather the conditioner will fill each and every little hole in the leather. It takes a long time using a toothpick to remove all the dried conditioner from every individual hole.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ImPo Skyline
However, I did learn the hard way how to condition the ventilated leather. Be warned, those of you who are planning on using leather conditioner, if you apply a glob of conditioner to a cloth and try and wipe down the leather the conditioner will fill each and every little hole in the leather. It takes a long time using a toothpick to remove all the dried conditioner from every individual hole.
So what IS the proper way to clean the perforated leather then?
Old 01-21-2006, 01:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ImPo Skyline
I wish I would have asked this question.

I've got the A-spec rims and now the gunmetal finish is chipping off.
I took it in and they told me its from abuse. They declined any warranty coverage.

It's bullshit, I've used the same soap and cleaning methods on every car I've owned. Never have I inflicted damage on any parts while cleaning. However, I did learn the hard way how to condition the ventilated leather. Be warned, those of you who are planning on using leather conditioner, if you apply a glob of conditioner to a cloth and try and wipe down the leather the conditioner will fill each and every little hole in the leather. It takes a long time using a toothpick to remove all the dried conditioner from every individual hole.

I hope you didnt just roll over and leave when they said it was from abuse. I would have asked them to explain how you could have abused them and then stayed firm that you took care of them and they turned to shit.

Fact of the matter is that when I got mine put on at the dealership I asked them about that and they told me they just replaced another cars aspec rims for chipping after the winter.

I would raise some hell for that crap.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:54 AM
Registered Offender

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SebringSilver
So what IS the proper way to clean the perforated leather then?
I'm sure there are many ways to service your leather but I've found that using a cloth and by spreading some conditioner on the cloth, then rubbing the cloth together so there is no buildup of conditioner before applying it to the leather helps keep the conditioner from coating over the holes.
Old 01-21-2006, 07:29 AM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Most of the better leather conditioners will tell you not to use unless leather is really warm, the warmer the better. Then put it into the palm of your hand and massage it into the seat, let stand then after time wipe off excess. This will usually eliminate clogging those holes.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TCMS
I purchaed my 2004 TL A-Spec new from the dealer and also purchased wheel insurance from Honda. I've already had to use the insurance once to replace one side and it's now paid for itself. Costs about $500, 2 nee rims and tires ran about $1,800 if I remember correctly.

No I'm not selling mine.
Old 01-21-2006, 03:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DMZ
If you do find one with A-Spec already installed, it's more likely to be a car that was driven harder than one without to begin with. Just find yourself a good used TL and have it added.
I disagree with that statement. Just because its a sportier option doesn't mean that its driven that way. I bought mine to be unique and get every possible option on the car, that would make for better resale (possibly) down the road. Obviously, this guy is looking for one and I agree they are limited in numbers.
Old 01-21-2006, 04:27 PM
A-SPEC TL

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cTLgo
the A-spec owners love their TLs too much to sell them!
true :p