Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ups lost tires/rims i sent out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 02:55 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ups lost tires/rims i sent out.

last week i sent out tire/rims to a member on acura zine. he got two of the tires but didnt get the other two. the buyer did not get the insurance and the tires are lost and ups says they dont cover the tires because the shipper(me) did not want the insurance.. these tires rims were 1600 just for two. can they do this? what should i do?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:59 PM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
damn that sucks balllsss...I think you should....take the lost. Meaning go out and buy the other 2 tires and bring it to the customer.:idea:

but that really sucks dude. UPS should cover tires. BUT you should have definetly gotten the insurance
Old 08-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Slow Paper> No Paper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn hommie sorry to see that go down like that. good luck with that.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:14 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
You need to file a claim with UPS.

https://wwwapps.ups.com/webClaims/cr...&report_type=1

They usually take a few weeks to investigate and get back to you.

P.S. Do NOT talk to regular agent who doesn't want to do his job. I ship with UPS/FedEx/Estese on daily basis. always ask for a supervisor.

Good Luck
Old 08-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Igor to the rescue!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 03:44 PM
2011 BMW 335i

I was going to say I thought UPS had an automatic $200 insurance, but I dont think that is going to cover $800 worth of lost tires/rims. Definately do what TechnoKing said and always ask to speak with Supervisor...for some reason they are ALWAYS more willing to work with customers...
Old 08-20-2008, 03:47 PM
Race Director

George, lol, not really, they are just lazy bums at UPS...

I have a problem of my own, my boy at his shop, put 10w-30 shell synthetic mixed with mobil 1 synethetic... when I seen the bottles, I almost killed him. My mpgs dropped dramatically and the car is less responsive.. but this is for a different thread...another time...

To the OP... Don't give up, keep on drilling them... They will eventually show up...
Old 08-20-2008, 04:16 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
You need to file a claim with UPS.

https://wwwapps.ups.com/webClaims/cr...&report_type=1

They usually take a few weeks to investigate and get back to you.

P.S. Do NOT talk to regular agent who doesn't want to do his job. I ship with UPS/FedEx/Estese on daily basis. always ask for a supervisor.

Good Luck
i made a claim last week. by friday they said the claim people will call me. but when i spoke to the supervisor he told me that if there was no insurance they dont cover nothing. he was being a real dick. he told me if i buy a car and dont have insurance and crash it what happens? right there i ask him are you being a wise guy? he said no. theres no way these guys could had lost these rims.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:18 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by Blazing GT
damn that sucks balllsss...I think you should....take the lost. Meaning go out and buy the other 2 tires and bring it to the customer.:idea:

but that really sucks dude. UPS should cover tires. BUT you should have definetly gotten the insurance
me buy two more tires and send it to him out of my pocket? not going to happen. he didnt ask for insurance on the tires/rims
Old 08-20-2008, 04:36 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

should of gotten insurances.......

good luck
Old 08-20-2008, 04:43 PM
Banned

At least he got two tires/wheels. I sent $1125 out two weeks ago to a member on this forum and he still has not sent them.
Old 08-20-2008, 04:52 PM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
If they Buyer did not WANT insurance. How is it the seller/shippers fault?

Did the Buyer pay for shipping? If so the buyer should have been smart to get insurance.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:03 PM
Instructor

what does the tracking info for the missing package say? just go to the ups website and type the tracking number in
Old 08-20-2008, 05:03 PM
SlammedOnKonis

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
If he paid with paypal it won't matter if the buyer paid for insurance or not. As long as the rims aren't received by the buyer, he can receive a complete refund. Insurance is meant to protect the seller, not only the buyer.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:39 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by ifirahse
If he paid with paypal it won't matter if the buyer paid for insurance or not. As long as the rims aren't received by the buyer, he can receive a complete refund. Insurance is meant to protect the seller, not only the buyer.
he paid from pay pal. so what will i do deal with pay pal?
Old 08-20-2008, 05:41 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by DonnieDarko8221
what does the tracking info for the missing package say? just go to the ups website and type the tracking number in

it says under investigation.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:42 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
If they Buyer did not WANT insurance. How is it the seller/shippers fault?

Did the Buyer pay for shipping? If so the buyer should have been smart to get insurance.
yeah he paid shipping.. didnt ask for nothing els.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:42 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by ARX-01b
At least he got two tires/wheels. I sent $1125 out two weeks ago to a member on this forum and he still has not sent them.
wow that sucks. so what going to go on with that?
Old 08-20-2008, 06:19 PM
black on black 04 TL 6MT

Originally Posted by DonnieDarko8221
that won't pinpoint the problem exactly. if it was lost, it will say something vague...under inspection, investigation, something to that effect. UPS should cover this. i can ask one of my supervisors tomorrow morning. i'll let you know.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:30 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
insurance is different from losing a package i though.... insurance, if the product is broken or damaged....

if they loose it... thats THEIR fault... why should the person using the service be responsible for it?

And yes, you got $100 automatic insurance for each package shipped (assuming 4 packages, 2 lost $100 x 2 = $200
Old 08-20-2008, 06:46 PM
Looking for new mods

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
^^^insurance covers lost too. You should always insured if the value is over $200.
Old 08-20-2008, 06:59 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by sol_da_man
that won't pinpoint the problem exactly. if it was lost, it will say something vague...under inspection, investigation, something to that effect. UPS should cover this. i can ask one of my supervisors tomorrow morning. i'll let you know.

hey i would appreciate that..
Old 08-20-2008, 07:05 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
insurance is different from losing a package i though.... insurance, if the product is broken or damaged....

if they loose it... thats THEIR fault... why should the person using the service be responsible for it?

And yes, you got $100 automatic insurance for each package shipped (assuming 4 packages, 2 lost $100 x 2 = $200

yeah thats what i thought. but they telling me they not togin to cover nothing..
Old 08-20-2008, 07:07 PM
ON DA LOW CAR CLUB

Originally Posted by jguerra23
^^^insurance covers lost too. You should always insured if the value is over $200.
so what you saying they right about the part where they not going to cover the rims/tires since the buyer didnt get the insurance?
Old 08-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Instructor

I work for UPS, although not on the package side. I do know a bit about what goes on there and you should definitely go to the link previously mentioned in the thread and let them investigate. Unfortunately, if you didn't purchase the insurance (Declared Value) they are only liable for up to $100 per package. On a brighter note, they do find "lost" packages fairly often once they investigate.

I would recommend that everyone get the insurance when shipping stuff worth more than $100...it only costs roughly $.60 per $100 of coverage.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:14 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by ac08odl
i made a claim last week. by friday they said the claim people will call me. but when i spoke to the supervisor he told me that if there was no insurance they dont cover nothing. he was being a real dick. he told me if i buy a car and dont have insurance and crash it what happens? right there i ask him are you being a wise guy? he said no. theres no way these guys could had lost these rims.
Are you kidding me? You might get $100 back, but that's it. RTFrules. The receiver should have asked that they be shipped insured. It's not your problem, but to expect UPS to back you when there was no insurance purchased is just sour grapes.
Old 08-20-2008, 09:23 PM
steeez

damn dude sorry to hear.. i hope it works out for you, and the buyer! and yea paypal does work like that.. he can file to get his money back if he didnt recieve the items. your paypal account would then get locked or something. hope ups finds it
Old 08-20-2008, 09:31 PM
NBP REPRESENT

if he did not pay for shipping insurance the seller should not be at fault...you shipped the packages...if u have the receipt it will show shipping weight and that you in fact did send an item...it is NOT the sellers fault...

the BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HANDLING THE CLAIM...

BUT the seller can be nice and help out...

i just shipped a set of wheel spacers and the guy got the wheel spacers...but the box ended up with a hole in it and all the lug nuts and lock key fell out...i filed a claim with ups yesterday cause im being nice and the buyer is nice...lucky for me it was only worth 100 bucks...
Old 08-20-2008, 10:12 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by vector7777
I work for UPS, although not on the package side. I do know a bit about what goes on there and you should definitely go to the link previously mentioned in the thread and let them investigate. Unfortunately, if you didn't purchase the insurance (Declared Value) they are only liable for up to $100 per package. On a brighter note, they do find "lost" packages fairly often once they investigate.

I would recommend that everyone get the insurance when shipping stuff worth more than $100...it only costs roughly $.60 per $100 of coverage.
I am shipping my wheels out this weekend, and i'll be SURE to take the insurance
Old 08-20-2008, 10:59 PM
SlammedOnKonis

^ It's about time you sold em.

OP, if I were you, I'd take all my money out of my paypal account and disassociate any and all credit cards/bank accounts. If UPS doesn't find the package, the buyer WILL (if he's not a complete dumbass) file a paypal claim or even worse, a credit card chargeback.

Like I said above, it won't matter whether the buyer purchased insurance or not, if the package didn't get to them you WILL be liable 100%.

This exact situation happened to me before so I'm not talking out of my ass.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:29 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
^ wrong... removing ur credit card and bankaccount from ur paypal account will not keep paypal away from getting their money... lol

what you do is see if the transaction was covered under "seller protection" mojo paypal has...
Old 08-21-2008, 12:24 AM
SlammedOnKonis

^ I forgot to add>>You need to change your bank account and CC info asap.

Best case scenario if the rims aren't found (for you, at least): Buyer files credit card chargeback, gets his money back. You close your account and change your info. Now, paypal WILL call and send letters telling you that you owe them $1100, and threaten to sue (my account was NEGATIVE $800), but at least for me, they never did. They just forgot about it I guess and after about 8 months I opened up a new account with no issues.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:51 AM
Being an Acha Bacha in

Received 127 Likes on 88 Posts
^^ I doubt paypal forgot about it, I bet they reported it to the crediting beaureu and maybe in collections. You'll see it one day when you're applying for some loan that you really need and get denied and you'll see it.

I had similar shit where that stupid company with free CD's back in the day COLUMBIA HOUSE had some shit on my credit report for like 20 bux.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:59 AM
SlammedOnKonis

I checked all that...nada. To tell the truth, I was only 15 back then, so I didn't really have any credit history...it wasn't even my real name on the paypal account....so most probably everything I just told the OP wouldn't work for him.
Old 08-21-2008, 01:35 AM
Racer

F*CK UPS! Use FedEX next time. BTW, FedEX isn't good either... but one time I used Grey Hound... yes Grey Hound as in the bus... to ship rims & tires and it was a lot cheaper than any of the other commercial carriers. I hope your able to locate the two missing items. UPS is notorious for this kinds of things.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:01 AM
Pro

Been watching this thread with a lot of interest, since I'm the buyer.

It amazes me how many people immediately jump into the "Screw that guy" mode in situations like this. Thanks for all your input. But guys, really, think about it. This is not a transaction between a customer and a business. It's a gentlemen's deal between a guy who had something to sell and guy who needed the merchandise, and we all need to keep that in mind every time we buy something from another Azine member! Neither of us is at fault, nor are either of us to blame for anything.

The truth is that remaining cool, and allowing UPS to go through thier claim process is the only fair thing to do for both the seller and myself, without either of us losing any cash, or tarnishing our reputations here in Azine. And if, in the worst case, the wheels are never found, then I'm fairly certain that UPS will acknowledge that they are at fault and we'll come to an agreement that's fair. But going through Paypal or Credit Cards to deny payment to the seller is completely unfair regardless of how this turns out. I did my part...I paid him for his merchandise. He did his part, he shipped the wheels. Both of us completed the transaction as honorable gentlemen and there is no reason at all for us to begin acting as anything but gentlemen at this point. There is no dispute between us; the dispute is soley with the shipment carrier.

Where it went wrong at UPS is hard to fathom, but they issued 4 tracking numbers, only scanned 2 of the packages. The other 2 never even got an origin scan, they only showed a status of "Billing information recieved". That status was all it ever showed when I tracked those numbers. After the seller called to have them look into it the status changed to "Exception", and that's what it still shows today. There is no way insurance should enter into the picture. UPS never even scanned them into the system after issuing a tracking number. They SHOULD be pretty easily convinced that they owe for the value of these items adn for the price of shipping, and since Paypal was used for payment to the seller, we both have a record of the value (price paid). At this point, UPS is still doing an internal investigation, and that will take a total of 8 business days. When they complete the investigation, a claim can be filed by the seller for compensation for the items that never left the original UPS facility.

IMO, this will eventually get settled to everyone's satisfaction in the end. It's just a matter of remaining cool, patient, and allowing them to follow thier internal procedure to get it done. Talking to a UPS complaint-taker on the phone will NOT yeild any results that make anyone happy.

The whole situation sucks, and it's a huge PITA. But worse things have happened. I, for one will be happy when it's all over. But until it is I'm just laying back and waiting (and trying to remain patient). The seller and I have been keeping in touch with each other, and we're working this through. From my point of view it's beneficial to continue doing just that, and to see it through to conclusion as the gentlemen we both are.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:35 AM
Previous Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
I know this may sound stupid, but has the seller gone back to the store that he shipped from with the receipts and asked about the 2 other boxes? If what the buyer is saying is right, then it seems that the 2 extra rims never made it out of the store.
Old 08-21-2008, 09:45 AM
Racer

Out of curiosity, how much would insurance have been and why would you decide not to get it when you're spending $3200 for merchandise being shipped?
Old 08-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Race Director

about $20...
Old 08-21-2008, 09:53 AM
Pro

Insurance is minimal. It's my fault for not even thinking to ask for it, and I'm sorry I didn't. In my defense, I buy a lot of stuff on the internet, been getting UPS shipments without problems my entire adult life. Nothing like this has ever happened before with anything I've purchased, or shipped so that's why it never occurred to me to even mention it to the buyer. I know better now. But honestly, as stated in my first post, I doubt insurance would come into play here anyway. UPS never shipped the packages. It's different than if they were damaged or lost enroute.

And the price for the wheels/tires wasn't anywhere near that $3,200 price! I'd never pay that much for used Base-Model TL Wheels with Bridgestones on them! These are a set of cheap wheels and tires for winter use on my car. Check out the seller's Black Market thread if you want an idea of what they sold for.

Quick Reply: ups lost tires/rims i sent out.