Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

update on my interior rattles.......

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 01:22 AM
Club Abyss Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
update on my interior rattles.......

well i must admit that i am a little surprised and dissappointed so far with my experience of interior rattles with my almost 5 month old TL......i have 4826 kms but back around 3800 kms i first heard popping noises coming from above both the front driver and passenger doors....the fix was some extra insulation near the side airbags and behind the some of the door trim.....i also did hear some faint rattle intermittenly from the rear back....not sure where it was coming from.....since then i still have the occasional popping noise coming again from the driver's side near the b-pillar.....mind you not as loud or consistent as before and i have a occasional creak/pop from the center of the instrument panel near the 2 covered compartments......but i also now have a louder and consistent plastic sounding rattle coming from the rear vent near the base of the back window.....i confirmed this with a passenger riding in the back......all of these rattles vary in loudness and frequency depending on the ambient temp outside......wondering what the interior will sound like in the winter.....anyways my TL is scheduled to go in for service and hopefully these rattles will be fixed......thought i would share my experiences so far.....but like i said earlier i am surprised and dissappointed this all coming from an Acura/Honda product......
Old 08-19-2004, 01:53 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Hope your dealership could provide better solutions and fix them ASAP. You ain't alone, and I'm sure your dealer should be able to get rid of those annoying noise and rattle one by one soon.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:22 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about your rattles....most TL's are rattle free so you should be able to get them fixed. It's just a shame that you have to endure the hassle to make the car right....Acura should do it right the first time around. From reading this forum, it seems that there are plenty of cars that Acura is releasing that just aren't put together right.....I'd like to see a survey of the day the cars were built, and see if it can be traced back to a particular "crew" or some other link to determine the cause. They can built a rattle free high quality car..but not consistantly...I'd like to find out why.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JetJock
Sorry to hear about your rattles....most TL's are rattle free so you should be able to get them fixed. It's just a shame that you have to endure the hassle to make the car right....Acura should do it right the first time around. From reading this forum, it seems that there are plenty of cars that Acura is releasing that just aren't put together right.....I'd like to see a survey of the day the cars were built, and see if it can be traced back to a particular "crew" or some other link to determine the cause. They can built a rattle free high quality car..but not consistantly...I'd like to find out why.
Do you really think so? There was a poll a while ago. I think up to 40% (I could be wrong here) of TLs have some kind of rattles. Everytime I heard a story about rattle in this forum, I ended up confirming that in my car as well. I will just live with it as I took care of the most annoying onces.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Here you go. Actually 51%!
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...ht=rattle+poll
Old 08-19-2004, 07:51 AM
Disproportionate Member

I'm interested what they did about the popping. I've tried Aegir's fix, and it reduces it a bit, but doesn't eliminate it. Was it you or the dealer who applied the additional insulation near the airbags? I wonder if that will interfere at all with their operation. I should note that my wife's 04 Accord does NOT do this.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:44 AM
1st Gear

I'm dealing with the same issue. I bought my car in June. I have had 3 rattles in my TL:

1 - drivers side visor - fixed - turned out it was the plastic hinge was rubbing on itself
2 - front passenger door pocket
3 - center console "wood" trim rubbing

I've taken it to the dealer 3 times. Tiwce to get it serviced. The noise is depends a lot of the temp outside - esp the center console. Everytime time I've taken it in for service, the dealer can't hear the noise. They must think I'm nuts.

Last time, they sprayed some silicon lubricant in the center console. We'll see if that works.

Personally, I think the materials used in the TL are kinda cheap. The sheet metal feels thinner to me than other cars that I've owned. I've never seen a trunk hood flex so much when it is open. Also, the enginer compartment hood also flexes way too easily and is difficult to latch because of it.

Robert
Old 08-19-2004, 12:25 PM
Club Abyss Member

Originally Posted by Aquineas
I'm interested what they did about the popping. I've tried Aegir's fix, and it reduces it a bit, but doesn't eliminate it. Was it you or the dealer who applied the additional insulation near the airbags? I wonder if that will interfere at all with their operation. I should note that my wife's 04 Accord does NOT do this.
i agree.....the popping noises were reduced but not completely eliminated....and my dealer was the one who worked on these noises......i believe all cars are subject to possible interior rattles but after 5 months of reading these forums and posts it appears that a good number of us have these common rattles......
Old 08-19-2004, 01:35 PM
Cruisin'

I have 4800 miles on my car and just recently started hearing rattles in my rear deck . I've been reading a lot of other posts about the famous "rear-deck rattle" and it seems like it's a dealer's job to fix. I hope my dealer doesn't do any damage to the surrounding areas . Anyone tried fixing the rear deck rattle youself and succeeded?