3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Spring's here, so the rubber mats leave the cockpit. What about the trunk?
I leave the rubber trunk liner in the car all year long as it looks sporty and isn't very visible.
83.96%
When the mats leave the car so does the trunk liner. That grey felt looks very luxurious.
2.83%
I didn't get the free protection package and feel foolish for being a poor negotiator.
13.21%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Today's Poll: Trunk Liner - In or Out?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 08:38 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Today's Poll: Trunk Liner - In or Out?

Old 04-21-2004, 08:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too funny, and perhaps even more idiotic than the poll about the Navi voice gender. Which, it seems, died a quick, humorless death.

As if you wanted a serious reply: I had the trunk liner in my CL and hated it, though I never removed it, don't know why. Stuff slid around too much. I like the felt and the cargo nets to organize the trunk. I guess the rubber can serve a purpose if you're hauling wet stuff or driving across Alaska. I don't need it in my TL.

Oh, and I'm abstaining.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:07 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by TLGator
Too funny, and perhaps even more idiotic than the poll about the Navi voice gender. Which, it seems, died a quick, humorless death.

As if you wanted a serious reply: I had the trunk liner in my CL and hated it, though I never removed it, don't know why. Stuff slid around too much. I like the felt and the cargo nets to organize the trunk. I guess the rubber can serve a purpose if you're hauling wet stuff or driving across Alaska. I don't need it in my TL.

Oh, and I'm abstaining.
Shh....my next poll will be entitled:

Rear View Mirror Power Light - On or Off?

Old 04-21-2004, 09:23 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by boltjames
Shh....my next poll will be entitled:

Rear View Mirror Power Light - On or Off?

But wait - I can squeeze a real thread out of this yet!

In another thread, somebody asked if the steering wheel controls were illuminated. Which they are. Which I didn't realize. Love this forum! So then, somebody else points out that virtually every control on the dash lights up, except the heated side mirror switch and the L-R toggle switch next to it. So I check the next time I'm in the car, and sure enough it's true - those two little controls don't light up. Even though everything else does! Including other related controls nearby, like the button that lets you actually adjust the side mirrors!

Now what the hell was Acura thinking putting 30,487 lights in the dash but leaving those two little controls unlit? I mean, did they save big money?
Old 04-21-2004, 10:58 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by TLGator
But wait - I can squeeze a real thread out of this yet!

In another thread, somebody asked if the steering wheel controls were illuminated. Which they are. Which I didn't realize. Love this forum! So then, somebody else points out that virtually every control on the dash lights up, except the heated side mirror switch and the L-R toggle switch next to it. So I check the next time I'm in the car, and sure enough it's true - those two little controls don't light up. Even though everything else does! Including other related controls nearby, like the button that lets you actually adjust the side mirrors!

Now what the hell was Acura thinking putting 30,487 lights in the dash but leaving those two little controls unlit? I mean, did they save big money?
The Official Acura TL Interior Lighting Quiz:

1. There is a glaring spelling error on one of the printed (and lighted) dash controls. Can you name the control button that the spelling error lives on?

2. Only one control has a completely different lighting orientation than the rest. Can you name it?

3. Most importantly, does the TL have a courtesy light inside the glove compartment?

4. Besides the down-firing blue LED's near the rear view mirror, where else can one find blue LED's?

5. Why is a $35,000 luxury car the only vehicle that doesn't have the vanity lights incorporated fore and aft of the vanity mirror as they have on most cars since 1968?
Old 04-24-2004, 08:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

1. I don't know, please tell.
2. I'm clueless, please help.
3. Not sure, please reveal truth.
4. On a police car? In a disco? I'm an idiot, what's the answer?
5. Because otherwise it would have cost $35,100? Just guessing.
Old 01-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. There is a glaring spelling error on one of the printed (and lighted) dash controls. Can you name the control button that the spelling error lives on?

2. Only one control has a completely different lighting orientation than the rest. Can you name it?

3. Most importantly, does the TL have a courtesy light inside the glove compartment?

4. Besides the down-firing blue LED's near the rear view mirror, where else can one find blue LED's?

5. Why is a $35,000 luxury car the only vehicle that doesn't have the vanity lights incorporated fore and aft of the vanity mirror as they have on most cars since 1968?

SO WHAT ARE THE ANSWERS??????? I'm dying to know.....lol
Old 01-29-2007, 09:12 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Man you woke the dead! I wonder if this guy is even still on the board? Over 1600 has to be.
Old 01-29-2007, 09:18 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

LOL - I want the answers...now it's drivin me nuts. I have to go look for number #1 tomorrow before I go to work
Old 01-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Back in a TL again.

this is funny im going to look at my friends 3g see if i can find any of those
Old 01-29-2007, 09:41 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

I think he's gone - I'll never know ....LOL If it wasn't 17 degress outside I'd go look now.....LOL
Old 01-29-2007, 10:09 PM
Ev an' Tec

I'm gonna give it a shot because I'm not wise enough to avoid speculating on things I don't know.

1. No idea. Does LO-HI on the seat heater count because the proper spelling would be Low-High?

2. No idea, so here's a bad guess... Since the trunk-release button is below the dash, arguably its light is downward.

3. Yes, but it's on the far right side where it hardly lights anything up.

4. The radio dials (volume and tuning) are also blue-backlit.

5. It has lights from the ceiling which go on when you open the mirror. Maybe it's more reliable that way -- this feature broke on my old car on the passenger side and after the dealer fixed it, it broke a week later. Either that or Acura wants us to look like vampires (though I thought you need the flashlight under your chin for that effect!)

5A -- On second thought, here's a reason why the vanity mirrors are top-lit... Someone goes driving DUI and they get stopped. They don't even realize how wasted they are, so they look in the vanity mirror to check themselves. Since the lighting is so bad, when they see they shadows by their eyes they realize they're in bad shape, and they don't give the cop an argument about getting taken away.

And now for extra credit -- why does the TL have a hook only on the drivers-side rear-passenger grab handle? Is it because a hanging suit on the passenger-side would block our vision too much, or did they want us to think part of the car is missing because we're so obsessive that we take car quizzes like the above and subscribe to websites like acurazine....?
Old 01-30-2007, 09:04 AM
Racer

I'd love to have the liner, my car didnt come with it. Can someone tell me if the liner from a NAVI-equipped car is the same as non-NAVI? Also, are 2004-2007 liners interchangeable?

Where can one be bought for less $??
Old 01-30-2007, 09:59 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by evantec
And now for extra credit -- why does the TL have a hook only on the drivers-side rear-passenger grab handle? Is it because a hanging suit on the passenger-side would block our vision too much, or did they want us to think part of the car is missing because we're so obsessive that we take car quizzes like the above and subscribe to websites like acurazine....?
That is exactly why it is like that. So you won't block your vision. Makes sense right? I'm about to go to work and I'll be checking the spelling error out while I am waiting for the heat to kick in! (brrr!)
Old 01-30-2007, 04:14 PM
Cruisin'

No typos or inappropriate abbreviations on the '07.

BTW, the rubber trunk liner is a permanent fixture for me - you never know when some evil/toxic stuff from the grocery store will leak out. Had a sealed and wrapped turkey leak in the trunk of my '00 TL, and one month later the smell got so bad the car coughed up a transmission, had to buy the '07.
Old 01-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Kostyan
I'd love to have the liner, my car didnt come with it. Can someone tell me if the liner from a NAVI-equipped car is the same as non-NAVI? Also, are 2004-2007 liners interchangeable?

They should be the same, and they are easy to put in.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Safety Car

Received 340 Likes on 278 Posts
Originally Posted by evantec
I'm gonna give it a shot because I'm not wise enough to avoid speculating on things I don't know.

1. No idea. Does LO-HI on the seat heater count because the proper spelling would be Low-High?

2. No idea, so here's a bad guess... Since the trunk-release button is below the dash, arguably its light is downward.

3. Yes, but it's on the far right side where it hardly lights anything up.

4. The radio dials (volume and tuning) are also blue-backlit.

5. It has lights from the ceiling which go on when you open the mirror. Maybe it's more reliable that way -- this feature broke on my old car on the passenger side and after the dealer fixed it, it broke a week later. Either that or Acura wants us to look like vampires (though I thought you need the flashlight under your chin for that effect!)

5A -- On second thought, here's a reason why the vanity mirrors are top-lit... Someone goes driving DUI and they get stopped. They don't even realize how wasted they are, so they look in the vanity mirror to check themselves. Since the lighting is so bad, when they see they shadows by their eyes they realize they're in bad shape, and they don't give the cop an argument about getting taken away.

All very good answers, I would agree with all, but I would add the ignition key ring to the blue LED list.

I think the spelling error is, They forgot the I on the button that turns our ViSA cards off (so we can't charge with them).
Old 01-31-2007, 01:44 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

ROTFLMAO - I love the VSA comment!
Old 01-31-2007, 02:05 PM
Advanced

Ever since my cooler fell over and i had a 1/4 inch puddle in my trunk over the summer and all i had to do was remove the liner (Carefully), It stays in.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Kostyan

yea the liner is the same.......off topic here but anyone know if you can put a stock navi into a non-navi car
Old 01-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Advanced

Just two cents.

I do not want any extra rubber in my car, period.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:54 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Damn you, SteveP66. I haven't been in this forum for a while and saw boltjames post, thinking he was back. You got my hopes up

And he hasn't logged in since last May.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:02 PM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Originally Posted by moeronn
Damn you, SteveP66. I haven't been in this forum for a while and saw boltjames post, thinking he was back. You got my hopes up

And he hasn't logged in since last May.

Find him so we can see if the answers are correct !!.....LOL
Old 02-03-2007, 06:39 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

So where's the spelling error?
Anyone with an early 04?