3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL's need to show more respect to other TL's

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2009 | 07:50 PM
"Let's Do This"

TL's need to show more respect to other TL's

Im driving to work today and some fucking idiot starts riding my ass, so i downshifted and pulled alittle to see what car it was and sure enough its a bronze TL type S. Im not trying to race or anything so i resume to my normal speed and he continues to ride my ass, and its getting me pissed so i hit the brakes and yell out my window "back the fuck off" and he started to slow down alot and eventually made a turn bc he saw i was furious from my side mirror. Some of these TLtypeS owners need to show more repect to the base models bc i dont know what it is but just bc u have a typeS doesnt mean your car is better or faster, i mean im pretty well modded and this guy thought his car was better or was trying to show off IDK
what would some of you Aziners do in this situation and think about the whole respect thing between TL's???
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:01 PM
Safety Car

I'm sorry Solo but I would let him pass me and then pwn him, I know...I am mean, lol

I usually gently nudge the brakes if I am already going 20 over limit and they are still on my @$$...if someone is already in front of me.

Otherwise...I let em pass and maybe have some fun.

Don't take it soo serious, I'm sure that driver is an @$$ to everyone not just you in the TL, eheh
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:03 PM
CG5 in

I don't think it has anything to do with the type-s moniker. Look at my thread on another forum about something similar.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=693529
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:05 PM
Chapter Leader (New England)

I get fucked with all the time, but mostly by 2nd gen TL's. I just laugh at them 90% of the time.
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:05 PM
6speed Anthracite

LOL ... were you in the inside lane? If yes ... just move over ... ( I hate people who drive slow in the inside lane) otherwise, I guess you have the right to be "furious" if some guy is up ur ass.

"about the whole respect thing" ... I dont know, there is just no respect in this world anymore
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:08 PM

He just thought he had to show off because he had the same car. I guess he had something to prove

People do that to me a lot. I take mostly two lane roads to school so I just get off the gas and coast until I'm going 10 or 15 under. I feel that it's much more rewarding because they have to get on their brakes and I don't
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:08 PM
Racer

Take it easy, or take out your NSX with you next time lol
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:22 PM
Three Wheelin'

yea, i feel u dude, for the record...I always give the 2 finger peace flip off the steering wheel whenever I pass, see another fellow TL.
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:29 PM
Chapter Leader (New England)

Originally Posted by Nismode
I don't think it has anything to do with the type-s moniker. Look at my thread on another forum about something similar.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=693529
I got a little mad reading that thread.....
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:31 PM
Safety Car

oh wow...you guys are no fun at all...

Solo is a speed demon, he made me follow him doing like a 100 into a dipping turn...
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Sorry, but that thread only proves that kids driving BMWs are full of themselves. You don't really see Audi or MB guys boasting about how a "FWD family sedan" can't compete with their 325i, calling it the "ultimate driving machine".
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:47 PM
Safety Car

It has nothing to with him driving a type S. To be honest it probably had nothing to do with the TL's. Even Type S drivers are exactly "enthusiasts" and probably was just being an ass to whoever was in front of him.
As mentioned above though if it was two lanes and you were staying in the left lane I would have been pissed and tailgated you to lol. I have people who creep in the left lane.
Old 09-29-2009 | 08:57 PM
Safety Car

lmao SoLo you are crazy i swear you are. Dont even try to convince me you werent fuckin with this guy, ive driven with you enough times to know how you drive.

and where is greco? he has a type s LOL
Greco, show us base model drivers some respect FOOL
Old 09-29-2009 | 09:01 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JMillerUA6
I got a little mad reading that thread.....
I'm fairly used to it. Over on the Mr2 forums they like to look down on me 'cause I drive "Honduhs." I just kinda laugh it off. I mean, hell, the Mr2 is a great car but for the price of putting a turbo in mine, I could do a supercharged Integra engine swap in my CRX and still have cash left over for suspension and tires. They're both great cars in their own right, just like my TL is. I suppose I could turn the tables on 'em and sniff haughtily that their Mister 2's don't have built in nav, bluetooth, heated seats, or all the other little luxuries the TL sports, but what's the point?

I think the Nismode's point wasn't that real car enthusiasts like all cars equally (because we don't. I'll take any one of my cars over a Geo Metro any day of the week ), but that real car enthusiasts accept other real car enthusiasts equally. I personally don't give a crap what you drive. As long as you like cars, and you're not a jackass about "my car's penis is longer than your car's penis" then you're a car guy in my book.

As for the guy riding Salu's ass. . Hell that's not car specific either. Most drivers out there drive like dipshits. A lot of 'em tailgate for the same reason that a dog pees on the mailman's leg. They're just too dumb to know any better.

The TL is the least "enthusiast's" car in my stable, by which I mean a large percentage of TL drivers are not car-guys. They're people who want a comfortable car and liked the TL, but aren't obsessive over it like we are. I bring that up to contrast it with the MR2 and the CRX, both of which are much more in the cult car category. Drivers of those cars are just a little weird about their rides. That's why I have 6 matchbox CRX's, a CRX coffee mug, I-don't-know how many CRX shirts, a CRX tie clip, and run a CRX owners group. CRX and MR2 drivers tend to be friendly to each other when they meet on the road. They tend to stop and help if they see a fellow driver on the side of the road with the hood up. They tend to grin wildly at each other when they find themselves side by side in the same cars. In short, we're somewhat strange. But that kind of behavior tends to be more prevalent amongst the drivers of cultish cars. I hear classic VW Bug owners, Smart car drivers, and people in motor homes tend to be the same way. We just aren't going to get that as often in a TL unless it's someone from a place like here. Instead, the other guy will tend to act like a typical car driver, which is to say rude, dangerous, aggressive, and stupid.
Old 09-29-2009 | 09:07 PM
winner

i usually have MORE respect for other TLers out there.
that sucks, i feel for you man.
-vince
Old 09-29-2009 | 09:30 PM
Team Owner

Salu, I can understand why you are so upset. I would be too. Honestly, it sounds like an isolated incident with some hot head. Try your best to let it go.
Old 09-29-2009 | 09:37 PM
Nikon Neck Beard Krew

Old 09-29-2009 | 09:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Half the time when someone is tailgating you they don't even realize they're being a dick, they just do it because they're stupid and that's how they drive. No reason to get mad, just ignore them. If they want your tires to kick up all the dirt and rocks on the road at them, that's their problem. If they actually hit you it's 100% their fault from a legal point of view.
Old 09-29-2009 | 10:13 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by CarrieLynn
lmao SoLo you are crazy i swear you are. Dont even try to convince me you werent fuckin with this guy, ive driven with you enough times to know how you drive.

and where is greco? he has a type s LOL
Greco, show us base model drivers some respect FOOL
i do but i get the jerkoffs in base manual TL's that fuck with me
Old 09-29-2009 | 10:20 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Babnik
Half the time when someone is tailgating you they don't even realize they're being a dick, they just do it because they're stupid and that's how they drive. No reason to get mad, just ignore them. If they want your tires to kick up all the dirt and rocks on the road at them, that's their problem. If they actually hit you it's 100% their fault from a legal point of view.
99%

ur 1% wrong just for being involved
Old 09-29-2009 | 11:23 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by knavinusa
Sorry, but that thread only proves that kids driving BMWs are full of themselves. You don't really see Audi or MB guys boasting about how a "FWD family sedan" can't compete with their 325i, calling it the "ultimate driving machine".
That makes me LOL every time I see something like it it. The car only has like 225hp and a mediocre suspension at best, for it to even be in the same class as some other beemers make me laugh.

Now something like an e60 M5 I could see as fitting in that category better being as it has luxury, class, speed/suspension and looks. All around package(price excluded of course). IMHO people who get all hot and bothered over their 325i need to take a serious step back and look at the big picture. I could have easily gotten one for likely less than I paid for both the TL and RX8 but IMO the car leaves much to be desired.

/rant lol.
Old 09-29-2009 | 11:37 PM
Advanced

wow. this happens all over man. shit happens to me all the time, usually i'd run em, now that i have 30lb wheels i just cruise and watch them speed by and i just wave at em at the next light thats the best part haha, but some typeS' are nice, one actually busted a u to say hi to me one time haha
Old 09-30-2009 | 12:11 AM
Advanced

Solo it is time to install the reverse HID to blind them tailgate fkers.
Old 09-30-2009 | 12:19 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by shadowkahn
I'm fairly used to it. Over on the Mr2 forums they like to look down on me 'cause I drive "Honduhs." I just kinda laugh it off. I mean, hell, the Mr2 is a great car but for the price of putting a turbo in mine, I could do a supercharged Integra engine swap in my CRX and still have cash left over for suspension and tires. They're both great cars in their own right, just like my TL is. I suppose I could turn the tables on 'em and sniff haughtily that their Mister 2's don't have built in nav, bluetooth, heated seats, or all the other little luxuries the TL sports, but what's the point?

I think the Nismode's point wasn't that real car enthusiasts like all cars equally (because we don't. I'll take any one of my cars over a Geo Metro any day of the week ), but that real car enthusiasts accept other real car enthusiasts equally. I personally don't give a crap what you drive. As long as you like cars, and you're not a jackass about "my car's penis is longer than your car's penis" then you're a car guy in my book.

As for the guy riding Salu's ass. . Hell that's not car specific either. Most drivers out there drive like dipshits. A lot of 'em tailgate for the same reason that a dog pees on the mailman's leg. They're just too dumb to know any better.

The TL is the least "enthusiast's" car in my stable, by which I mean a large percentage of TL drivers are not car-guys. They're people who want a comfortable car and liked the TL, but aren't obsessive over it like we are. I bring that up to contrast it with the MR2 and the CRX, both of which are much more in the cult car category. Drivers of those cars are just a little weird about their rides. That's why I have 6 matchbox CRX's, a CRX coffee mug, I-don't-know how many CRX shirts, a CRX tie clip, and run a CRX owners group. CRX and MR2 drivers tend to be friendly to each other when they meet on the road. They tend to stop and help if they see a fellow driver on the side of the road with the hood up. They tend to grin wildly at each other when they find themselves side by side in the same cars. In short, we're somewhat strange. But that kind of behavior tends to be more prevalent amongst the drivers of cultish cars. I hear classic VW Bug owners, Smart car drivers, and people in motor homes tend to be the same way. We just aren't going to get that as often in a TL unless it's someone from a place like here. Instead, the other guy will tend to act like a typical car driver, which is to say rude, dangerous, aggressive, and stupid.

Cars dont get much gayer than a CRX or an MR2
Old 09-30-2009 | 12:29 AM
*WFC #162*

I don't get this from people in TL's around this area because 95% of them are older. I do however get this ALL the time from "ricers". They see a car with mods on it and automatically go in to "DumbFuck" mode. I usually just blow it off cause I know that they are just jealous that they can't afford something as nice as my TL.
Old 09-30-2009 | 12:40 AM
AZ Community Team

Don't throw all the TL-S drivers under the bus because of one dumb ass. As a TL-S owner (twice) I am slightly offended that you think that little of us.

Thats like saying "all 20-somethings from NY are bad drivers." It's obviously not true in many (most) cases.

(Very slightly offended. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty much over it now. )
Old 09-30-2009 | 01:08 AM
Racer

i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time. nah, jp! HONESTLY... i wish someone would tail gate me for once. no one ever messes with me in my TL-S. i really don't go looking for a race either.
Old 09-30-2009 | 03:21 AM
I need a car in

hid reverse light to a switch and problem is solved. they get scared shitless once they see those light trigger.

im sorry for the other driver. if i ever do find a tl i useually roll up and give a wave if im not tired.
Old 09-30-2009 | 03:39 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28
Cars dont get much gayer than a CRX or an MR2
Exactly how are CRX's and MR2's gay?
Old 09-30-2009 | 06:08 AM
Senior Moderator

I haven't had any issues with TL's at all. I like to give the two finger wave. If I know they are from AZ I'll either honk or flash my lights.
Old 09-30-2009 | 07:51 AM
Banned

Hahaha this is me sometimes but not to other TL's. I had a redneck in a huge deisel pick up coming up hard on my ass on the highway. He was pretty far back but moving good and I was already doing 75. I see this d*ckhead try to get over to pass me on the right and beat his way through a small gap. I saw him coming, waited a little till he got in to the other lane and floored it. I hit 100 mph in like 3 secs. He was way behind me. I did this a few more times until he finally pulled off at an exit. I have to admit I am a pretty aggressive driver but man some people on believable. This was a huge ass truck trying to run like a vette!!!
Old 09-30-2009 | 07:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
I haven't had any issues with TL's at all. I like to give the two finger wave. If I know they are from AZ I'll either honk or flash my lights.
By 2 finger wave do you mean 2 middle fingers? lol....
Old 09-30-2009 | 07:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Exactly how are CRX's and MR2's gay?
Dude if you have to ask....well than you must be g.....lol j/k I had a CRX and so did my brother. Bad ass little cars.
Old 09-30-2009 | 07:58 AM
Under construction

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Don't throw all the TL-S drivers under the bus because of one dumb ass. As a TL-S owner (twice) I am slightly offended that you think that little of us.

Thats like saying "all 20-somethings from NY are bad drivers." It's obviously not true in many (most) cases.

(Very slightly offended. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty much over it now. )

I'm a good driver from NY
Old 09-30-2009 | 08:03 AM
Low is a Lifestyle.

thats why i wanna put a C02 sprayer in the back end of my car. for jerkoffs like that so i can just fuck up their car with carbon dioxide going into the intake/radiator/w.e WOOOOOOOOOT group buy anyone? lol
Old 09-30-2009 | 08:06 AM
Safety Car

LOL Jon you crazy!
Old 09-30-2009 | 09:03 AM
Registered Member

So solo im a tl type s driver i drive normal =)
Old 09-30-2009 | 09:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Just get a Type-S badge and Type-S lights and nobody will fuck with you anymore.
Old 09-30-2009 | 10:03 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Originally Posted by thait
hid reverse light to a switch and problem is solved. they get scared shitless once they see those light trigger.

im sorry for the other driver. if i ever do find a tl i useually roll up and give a wave if im not tired.
.. HID Reverse lights FTW!

Old 09-30-2009 | 10:10 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

I would let the fool pass.

Or carry a gun. I could go either way on this one.

Quick Reply: TL's need to show more respect to other TL's