Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL vs IS300

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL vs IS300

Down to the wire, can't seem to make a decision. Both perform well, both seem to have exceptional safety features, both seem to be very reliable. I also like the look of both.

I'm just trying to look at it from a non-biased side...it's really hard to decide...unlike many people may think I actually earned most of the money for my car...I want to use it wiself. What plagues me is the thought of 8 years down the line or so having to replace the transmission or what not because Acura seems to be infamous for terrible transmissions...

Let me know what you think from an honest unbiased opinion...although this is a TL forum haha
Old 08-25-2004, 07:07 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who's buying a car for you? I think you should ask that person.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't have a TL yet... but I drove the IS300 also, personally IMO I think that the TL looks better, has more features (if you are a tech loving person), I had a TSX for 13 months, and I have to say the acura's are amazing vehicles. Now, on the other hand we also own a lexus ls400, and rx300 so I know the quality of the lexus also. Personally I think that the acura is the best your money can buy, all the features such as bluetooth, navi, and xm are well worth it.

I suppose I am not helping you too much here, but spend the extra $1100 or whatever the exact cost your dealer will give you for the 7 year 100k mile warranty. and you should be good to go :-D
Old 08-25-2004, 07:26 PM
Instructor

base invoice of is300 is about 26k. add a few options and you are still under the cost of a tl non-navi. you have to decide yourself if the extra dollars are worth the tech gadgets, extra space, and bigger engine. don't forget is300 is rwd and a great handling machine if that is important to you, smaller too maybe more suitable for your age? is300 has been around for a while tho, tl hot new car. only you can decide

good luck
Old 08-25-2004, 07:33 PM
Instructor

I was really considering an IS300. I test drove it more then the TL. But, what put buying the TL over the IS300 was...

1) TL has better power
2) Muy sexy interior with the dash LED's and blue lights at night. (I do like the IS300 interior but it's just does not stand out as much as the TL's)
3) Way better stock sound system
4) Better Navi
5) Blue Tooth for my phone

And last the best thing of all...
6) Way more interior room! You can acutally sit in the back seat with comfort. No moving the seats up for your guests! And you won't bonk heads with your passenger.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:34 PM
Miss my 89 Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TL vs IS

Well as someone else who as looked at both cars, I can tell you that while the IS will offer Lexus quality the car is quite small (Accord size) and when you attempt to compare price and horsepower and all the techie goodies you get with the TL.. the decsion is a no brainer.. TL all the way.. I dont know where you heard about Acura trannies being bad but who wants this car in automatic anyway... if thats the case go buy a GS300
Old 08-25-2004, 07:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Both are excellent cars, though I think the IS300 competes better with the TSX (due to size/intended market).

Its a matter of preference. I know I don't like the chronograph gauges on the IS300. I do like the fact that is an excellent, safe car with RWD made by the most reliable company.

So yeah, in terms of these two cars, its totally subjective to taste.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:50 PM
10th Gear

IS300 all the way cause its a real performance sedan,rear wheel drive.FWD is for econobox's that get 35mpg.The TL has horrible torque steer & just when you get that under control the headliner falls down cause the EL-42's shake the car so much.

Plus its a Lexus,nuff said.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:54 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ken1997TL you are exactly right. An IS300 is not in the same league as a 04 TL because of size, power, tech options, etc. Thats like deciding between a Camry and a Civic. Honestly if you are 17 and can afford a 35k car I'd like to know what you do for work or what you sell bro cause thats crazy money to dish out for a ride if you're 17. But if your parents are loaded and what you to have a sweet graduation gift then go for the TL. It is a better car than an IS300 because its a step above an IS300 or an ES330 for that matter. If you want to pimp out a car, either will do and maybe the IS300 will be more your style but a TL is safer because it's FWD not RWD like the Lexus and in Oregon it snows and rain all the f'n time, get the TL.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:55 PM
I need 2 more gears

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
By the way I used to sell Lexus and I do love IS300's but not as much as TL's which I own and I never sold Acura.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:05 PM
Intermediate

As a current IS300 driver i have loved my car. However i will be purchasing a TL once my lease is over. I looked at the GS300 and the TL and noone at lexus made a point to try and sell me on the GS other then "the acura is nice but its not a lexus." Well the TL has way more options so i'll be going with it
Old 08-25-2004, 08:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,617 Likes on 2,195 Posts
TL and IS300 are both great cars, but are not in the same class. Basically, do you want luxury with geek toys and Honda quality in a gorgeous package (TL) or RWD with Toyota quality in a gorgeous package (IS300)?

Your choice.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Racer

I drive both all the time. My wife has an 02 IS300, I have an 04 TL. I think most "enthusiasts" put WAY too much emphasis on RWD vs. FWD, and it goes for this comparison as well. In almost all of my driving with both cars (even in spirited driving), RWD vs. FWD is not a factor. The only time I can really even tell my TL is FWD is when I feel the LSD doing its thing (some people consider that "torque steer", I don't) when I'm accelerating heavily over very rough pavement and the driving wheels lose traction. Anyway, equal BS is the notion that RWD is not good in the snow. I put a very good set of Blizzaks on the IS300, and it handles like a dream in all kinds of snow. In comparison, my TL blows in the snow with the EL42s. Tires mean everything, especially in the snow. Driving wheels mean very little to me in the snow, unless the tires suck (does AWD stop a car faster?). I've never had a problem in the snow with any car driving either (or both) sets of wheels unless the tires were in poor condition or just suck in the conditions being driven. Try driving an STi in the snow with the stock tires.

Now, what are the differences? Well, the IS300 is nimble as hell, and combined with its relatively small size, I find driving it much more fun and (dare I say) "sporty". The TL is more of a refined ride, but packs more punch. The handling is excellent, but not as good as the IS (in my opinion), and it feels big compared to the IS. It is definitely most at home on rural roads and highways. One benefit I do see with the IS having RWD - this in combination with it having a relatively short wheelbase makes the turning radius very tight, so pulling into parking spaces and such is a breeze. In comparison, the TL has a larger turning radius, so you have to ease into tight spaces more slowly.

Inside the IS is tight. I like this for most driving needs - some might not. The TL on the other hand has a much more luxurious and spacious cabin, and if back seat room and trunk space is important, the IS lacks both.

As for quality, I've found the IS300 to be bullet-proof in the 2+ years that we've owned it. In comparison, I've had some of the same minor issues that others have with the TL (squealing brakes, bad tires, a rattle here and there), but they've all been minor and expected for the first year. I don't expect any serious problems with either down the road, as I have high regard for both Honda and Toyota quality.

So, if you are looking for something that offers a little more "sport", more nimble handling, arguably more "fun to drive", and top-notch quality, get the IS300. If your looking for something with a bit more room, more power, a top-notch interior, and a great "value", get the TL.

In any case, either choice is a great one, so you can't go wrong either way.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Racer

ok im dumb. sorry for wasting everyone's time. ES330. my dad just told me wrong. uh basically i am paying for half the cost of the car and insurance and parents go for the rest. sorry for wasting your time haha
Old 08-25-2004, 09:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Originally Posted by donkeykang
ok im dumb. sorry for wasting everyone's time. ES330. my dad just told me wrong. uh basically i am paying for half the cost of the car and insurance and parents go for the rest. sorry for wasting your time haha
ES330 ?

Well THAT is in its own category. Enjoy the buttery-smooth ride with no steering feedback
Old 08-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Racer

i deleted it because my dad is confused. he doesn't know still...what the hell
Old 08-25-2004, 09:29 PM
Racer

he said not IS, maybe it's ES or GS...yeah ok i'm sorry give me 20 minutes
Old 08-25-2004, 09:30 PM
Racer

Old 08-25-2004, 09:31 PM
Racer

ok i want the TL. i don't care anymore.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:37 PM
Racer

honestly more of my friends at this age in high school told me i should just go for the IS300. cheaper, stylish, good performance. i joined this forum for a reason. i test drove the TL and i simply love it. within the next month hopefully i can become a part of the TL family.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:40 PM
Suzuka Master

ok i want the TL. i don't care anymore.

good choice
Old 08-25-2004, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
Both are excellent cars, though I think the IS300 competes better with the TSX (due to size/intended market).

Its a matter of preference. I know I don't like the chronograph gauges on the IS300. I do like the fact that is an excellent, safe car with RWD made by the most reliable company.

So yeah, in terms of these two cars, its totally subjective to taste.
Nope. Oversease they compare the Euro Accord with Peugots and other FWD cars.
Here, the TSX has battled Saabs and I think the C230.
I can see them cross shopped as I can see the IS vs TL cross shopped. Acura again, does not directly battle, they go after niches and cracks.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by sbuswell
Ken1997TL you are exactly right. An IS300 is not in the same league as a 04 TL because of size, power, tech options, etc. Thats like deciding between a Camry and a Civic. Honestly if you are 17 and can afford a 35k car I'd like to know what you do for work or what you sell bro cause thats crazy money to dish out for a ride if you're 17. But if your parents are loaded and what you to have a sweet graduation gift then go for the TL. It is a better car than an IS300 because its a step above an IS300 or an ES330 for that matter. If you want to pimp out a car, either will do and maybe the IS300 will be more your style but a TL is safer because it's FWD not RWD like the Lexus and in Oregon it snows and rain all the f'n time, get the TL.
Then why do mags compare the TL to the IS? They are competition, get off the high horse. Now the TL is above the IS and ES? Probably the GS, LS, RS, ZS, RR, Lambo, Ferrari etc.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by neuronbob
TL and IS300 are both great cars, but are not in the same class. Basically, do you want luxury with geek toys and Honda quality in a gorgeous package (TL) or RWD with Toyota quality in a gorgeous package (IS300)?

Your choice.
Good points but egads, not in the same class. What class do ya'll think the TL is in? 5 series and GS class. Err no. That is the RL class.
TL is IS and ES class, like it is G35 class and 3 class.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:55 PM

Old 08-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Instructor

Sounds good, but I do have one question. Your 17? how do you afford to get a TL? Just curious.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:08 PM
Cruisin'

Lexus is "nice." but the TL is "WOW!"

Considering there are many factors that contribute to the "whole" of any vehicle, I think they must be each be considered individually, but ultimately it's the sum of the parts that you're going to be living with. I looked at and took multiple test-drives in every car on the market that even remotely competes with the Acura. (BMW, MB, Lexus, Audi, Infiniti, Cadillac, even Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Chrysler and VW.)

To be clear, I formed my own opinions and am subsequently biased..I eagerly bought the Acura TL, and haven't even so much as glanced back. I'll be posting my 2000 mile review shortly, but for now let's just say I made the right choice. <grin!>

RELIABILITY. No question, the Lexus has a stellar reputation in this area. But Acura is certainly first rate also. To me this is pretty much a wash, they're both great cars.

DRIVABILITY. The lexus provides a very comfortable yet, IMHO, remarkably uninspiring experience behind the wheel. Okay, so its rear-wheel drive. But, who cares if it can't get out of its own way and feels like its going to roll over or just slide right off the road while modestly cornering... accellerating out of the curb or not. The Acura is a BLAST to drive, it's fast, nimble and is absolutely glued to the road and considering the horsepower, the "torque-steer" is truely minimal. Anyone with any experience in a front-wheel drive car can easily manage and predict with accuracy how the cars going to behave. Bottom line, the TL can run circles around the Lexus then leave it in the dust.

CURBAPEAL. Lexus = Camry = HO-HUM. Very conservative, safe, a little pudgy... like unsalted butter. Not hideous, just -- there. Think "Laurence Welk." (True, I think, of all Lexus products, save the SC.) The Acura TL, to me, has just the right blend of athletic, confident, aggressive, sportiness combined with a very refined, elegant, luxurious restraint. Think Nick Lechey in a Hugo Boss Jacket, 501's and Prada shoes.

INTERIOR. Lexus: "it has grandma seats" (said my friend at first glance), that combined with more wood than a '78 Mercury Marquis, and the dash/console sports 10+ year old displays, buttons and knobs seemingly designed to accomodate the knurled, fat, tobacco-stained fingers of an 82 year old Palm-Springs society (ahem!) matron in Lucite Wedgies. The seats are "squshy" and lack side-bolster support and rear passengers will be in cramped quarters. Heated seats are standard on the Acura TL, optional on the Lexus (but you can also get ventillated seats.)

The TL has luxurious and techy dash/console beautifully finished in textured aluminum, carbon fiber or a tastefully restrained use of wood. The blue illumination of all guages, switches and controls is easy to read and doesn't distract from the road. The "ambient" lighting is another cool feature.

The TL's seats are sleek and contemporary looking in beautifully finished perforated smooth leather, have awesome lateral support and are incredibly comfortable on very long trips.

FEATURES. Since both have many, it's only worth commenting on the major differences.

The Lexus has Auto Headlights (old fashioned haologen lamps though -- HID Xenon is an expensive option on Lexus, standard on the TL). At first I thought it would really bug me that the TL doesn't have the Auto feature. But I like to leave the TL's lights on all the time (it has been shown time and again that this increases safety), and the adjustable timer automatically turns them off at at the interval I select (or I can hit the "lock" button on the key fob and they go out instantly). Suddenly its a non-issue to me.

Lexus has optional auto wipers. That would be nice, but I understand that the Lexus' system is unpredictable and prone to misjudgements, so I'm not so sure they're so great either.

Lexus offers a power rear sunshade. It is available aftermarket for the TL if one is so inclined.

The TL's steering wheel is both tilt/telescopic, the Lexus only tilts.

On Lexus, there's the standard "premium" stereo. Once disk only. A six-disk changer costs extra. If you opt for the really expensive optional Lexus Mark Levenson Audo, what you get in this bottom-of-the-line lexus (as it was described by my Lexus dealer) is FAR inferior to the TL's standard ELS independant reviews confirm this, which also has in dash 6-disk DVD-A/CD changer, cassette, and standard XM satellite radio (which is awesome!).

Lexus' optional and expensive Nav System is clumbsy and rudimentary by any measureand only recognizes about 100 voice commands and has a tiny display. The TL's is hands-down the industry leader, plus it has a huge touchscreen display, and nearly three times as many voice commands.

Awesome bluetooth phone integration, not available on the Lexus.

Even the cargo net -- standard on the Acura is an extra-cost option on the Lexus.

Just my opinions - but based on good and extensive research (and I really did start with an open mind looking for the best car that my hard-earned 35,000 could buy, and one that I'd be proud of and enjoying 10 years later and 200,000 miles down the road.)
Old 08-25-2004, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by SilverSpike
Considering there are many factors that contribute to the "whole" of any vehicle, I think they must be each be considered individually, but ultimately it's the sum of the parts that you're going to be living with. I looked at and took multiple test-drives in every car on the market that even remotely competes with the Acura. (BMW, MB, Lexus, Audi, Infiniti, Cadillac, even Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Chrysler and VW.)

To be clear, I formed my own opinions and am subsequently biased..I eagerly bought the Acura TL, and haven't even so much as glanced back. I'll be posting my 2000 mile review shortly, but for now let's just say I made the right choice. <grin!>

RELIABILITY. No question, the Lexus has a stellar reputation in this area. But Acura is certainly first rate also. To me this is pretty much a wash, they're both great cars.

DRIVABILITY. The lexus provides a very comfortable yet, IMHO, remarkably uninspiring experience behind the wheel. Okay, so its rear-wheel drive. But, who cares if it can't get out of its own way and feels like its going to roll over or just slide right off the road while modestly cornering... accellerating out of the curb or not. The Acura is a BLAST to drive, it's fast, nimble and is absolutely glued to the road and considering the horsepower, the "torque-steer" is truely minimal. Anyone with any experience in a front-wheel drive car can easily manage and predict with accuracy how the cars going to behave. Bottom line, the TL can run circles around the Lexus then leave it in the dust.

CURBAPEAL. Lexus = Camry = HO-HUM. Very conservative, safe, a little pudgy... like unsalted butter. Not hideous, just -- there. Think "Laurence Welk." (True, I think, of all Lexus products, save the SC.) The Acura TL, to me, has just the right blend of athletic, confident, aggressive, sportiness combined with a very refined, elegant, luxurious restraint. Think Nick Lechey in a Hugo Boss Jacket, 501's and Prada shoes.

INTERIOR. Lexus: "it has grandma seats" (said my friend at first glance), that combined with more wood than a '78 Mercury Marquis, and the dash/console sports 10+ year old displays, buttons and knobs seemingly designed to accomodate the knurled, fat, tobacco-stained fingers of an 82 year old Palm-Springs society (ahem!) matron in Lucite Wedgies. The seats are "squshy" and lack side-bolster support and rear passengers will be in cramped quarters. Heated seats are standard on the Acura TL, optional on the Lexus (but you can also get ventillated seats.)

The TL has luxurious and techy dash/console beautifully finished in textured aluminum, carbon fiber or a tastefully restrained use of wood. The blue illumination of all guages, switches and controls is easy to read and doesn't distract from the road. The "ambient" lighting is another cool feature.

The TL's seats are sleek and contemporary looking in beautifully finished perforated smooth leather, have awesome lateral support and are incredibly comfortable on very long trips.

FEATURES. Since both have many, it's only worth commenting on the major differences.

The Lexus has Auto Headlights (old fashioned haologen lamps though -- HID Xenon is an expensive option on Lexus, standard on the TL). At first I thought it would really bug me that the TL doesn't have the Auto feature. But I like to leave the TL's lights on all the time (it has been shown time and again that this increases safety), and the adjustable timer automatically turns them off at at the interval I select (or I can hit the "lock" button on the key fob and they go out instantly). Suddenly its a non-issue to me.

Lexus has optional auto wipers. That would be nice, but I understand that the Lexus' system is unpredictable and prone to misjudgements, so I'm not so sure they're so great either.

Lexus offers a power rear sunshade. It is available aftermarket for the TL if one is so inclined.

The TL's steering wheel is both tilt/telescopic, the Lexus only tilts.

On Lexus, there's the standard "premium" stereo. Once disk only. A six-disk changer costs extra. If you opt for the really expensive optional Lexus Mark Levenson Audo, what you get in this bottom-of-the-line lexus (as it was described by my Lexus dealer) is FAR inferior to the TL's standard ELS independant reviews confirm this, which also has in dash 6-disk DVD-A/CD changer, cassette, and standard XM satellite radio (which is awesome!).

Lexus' optional and expensive Nav System is clumbsy and rudimentary by any measureand only recognizes about 100 voice commands and has a tiny display. The TL's is hands-down the industry leader, plus it has a huge touchscreen display, and nearly three times as many voice commands.

Awesome bluetooth phone integration, not available on the Lexus.

Even the cargo net -- standard on the Acura is an extra-cost option on the Lexus.

Just my opinions - but based on good and extensive research (and I really did start with an open mind looking for the best car that my hard-earned 35,000 could buy, and one that I'd be proud of and enjoying 10 years later and 200,000 miles down the road.)
6 disk is standard. and the TL should BE better, it's new for 2004. The IS is based on the next generation, shortned GS platform from 1997.
It was not designed to be a Lexus from the start so it is missing some things. It's done a helluva a better job filling the sporty entry level gap than many.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:26 PM
Racer

Tuetatesu, I'm not paying for full cost. Paying for half the cost and insurance fees. I worked obviously, have some investments in stocks, and have another up and coming business which I started by myself, no support from parents whatsoever.
Old 08-25-2004, 11:03 PM
mio
Police

IS300 just got a better handling... nothing else...
Old 08-25-2004, 11:47 PM
Drifting

IS300 is built solid from the bottom. Solid tranny and great suspension out of the box. You can turbo the IS300 (aka Supra engine) without having mess with internals (pistons, rods, etc). Depends what you're looking for? luxury? sport? etc. I think its great that you saved up money for such cars, but to you, is it worth it? Such youngins' minds change so much. lol. Also, after saving up for the car, how do you plan on paying for insurance cause being sub-25 years old and owning a luxury car = a very empty wallet.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:38 AM
Advanced

Tuetatesu, I'm not paying for full cost. Paying for half the cost and insurance fees. I worked obviously, have some investments in stocks, and have another up and coming business which I started by myself, no support from parents whatsoever.
if you invested in stock and have had significant gains -- which I am guessing since you are able to afford even half the price of the TL and insurance at such a young age -- then I hope you realize that you will be taxed at 15% on your gains

Just for your information if you did not already know this
Old 08-26-2004, 07:41 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by mobilezen
IS300 is built solid from the bottom. Solid tranny and great suspension out of the box. You can turbo the IS300 (aka Supra engine) without having mess with internals (pistons, rods, etc). Depends what you're looking for? luxury? sport? etc. I think its great that you saved up money for such cars, but to you, is it worth it? Such youngins' minds change so much. lol. Also, after saving up for the car, how do you plan on paying for insurance cause being sub-25 years old and owning a luxury car = a very empty wallet.
So at 25 you automatically have a fuller wallet. Haha, I am sorry, but I do not know where you are coming from. I put myself through college, of course using loans, but am paying every cent of it.

I also have the TL being delivered on Monday, fingers crossed, and I am 23. There are plenty of people under 25 that could afford an M3 or others beautiful cars without the help of parents or illegal activities.

Just my 2 cents, well, actually fact since I am one of them.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:23 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by missmyprelude
I drive both all the time. My wife has an 02 IS300, I have an 04 TL. I think most "enthusiasts" put WAY too much emphasis on RWD vs. FWD, and it goes for this comparison as well. In almost all of my driving with both cars (even in spirited driving), RWD vs. FWD is not a factor. The only time I can really even tell my TL is FWD is when I feel the LSD doing its thing (some people consider that "torque steer", I don't) when I'm accelerating heavily over very rough pavement and the driving wheels lose traction. Anyway, equal BS is the notion that RWD is not good in the snow. I put a very good set of Blizzaks on the IS300, and it handles like a dream in all kinds of snow. In comparison, my TL blows in the snow with the EL42s. Tires mean everything, especially in the snow. Driving wheels mean very little to me in the snow, unless the tires suck (does AWD stop a car faster?). I've never had a problem in the snow with any car driving either (or both) sets of wheels unless the tires were in poor condition or just suck in the conditions being driven. Try driving an STi in the snow with the stock tires.

Now, what are the differences? Well, the IS300 is nimble as hell, and combined with its relatively small size, I find driving it much more fun and (dare I say) "sporty". The TL is more of a refined ride, but packs more punch. The handling is excellent, but not as good as the IS (in my opinion), and it feels big compared to the IS. It is definitely most at home on rural roads and highways. One benefit I do see with the IS having RWD - this in combination with it having a relatively short wheelbase makes the turning radius very tight, so pulling into parking spaces and such is a breeze. In comparison, the TL has a larger turning radius, so you have to ease into tight spaces more slowly.

Inside the IS is tight. I like this for most driving needs - some might not. The TL on the other hand has a much more luxurious and spacious cabin, and if back seat room and trunk space is important, the IS lacks both.

As for quality, I've found the IS300 to be bullet-proof in the 2+ years that we've owned it. In comparison, I've had some of the same minor issues that others have with the TL (squealing brakes, bad tires, a rattle here and there), but they've all been minor and expected for the first year. I don't expect any serious problems with either down the road, as I have high regard for both Honda and Toyota quality.

So, if you are looking for something that offers a little more "sport", more nimble handling, arguably more "fun to drive", and top-notch quality, get the IS300. If your looking for something with a bit more room, more power, a top-notch interior, and a great "value", get the TL.

Coincidentally (or not), September 2004's Popular Mechanics does support your assertions about 'RWD vs FWD'. That debate gets more play than it should.

The only problem I have with the IS is that it has an effeminate feel to it. I'd get the IS for my wife but I'd rather drive my Maxima.

Does anyone know if the IS is being discounted nowadays? My local dealer has about a dozen or so on his lot and it seems like they've been sitting there awhile.