Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
/rant and sorry for the thread hijack... :/
Old 07-25-2008, 09:54 AM
Happy Holidays!

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Maharajamd
Seriously? Lets make a list.
Seriously?

Did you really have to put down the features of the type S to justify the purchase of a non type s? By the way, you fail to mention that the NAV comes standard on the type s which is worth at least $2k. Don't like the wheels huh? Swap it out just like how you would tweak the exhaust "to your liking". Lastly, if you can't feel the difference in power between the type S vs the tl-p then I think that's just a personal issue. I've driven both cars and I assure you the power difference is noticable.

Knocking the higher trim model to justify the purchae of a lower model is old...

I rather not have it....I don't like it....I don't need it....not much of power difference....It's personal taste.....whatever
Old 07-25-2008, 10:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
You guys are annoying.

They're both nice cars, different strokes for different folks.

Don't put each other's fucking cars down when you pretty much drive the same thing.

To the OP:Get what YOU like.

I drive a base 06. If the Type S was out in 06, would I have bought it? Yes. Do I regret not having it? No because the Type S wasn't even out. Do I regret it when I see a modded TLS? Not at all.

I love my TL-S....but the blue interior lights are a really nice effect as well....very soothing.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:01 AM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
/rant and sorry for the thread hijack... :/
Reasoning is not your strongest asset. You want to tell me about modding? See when I joined Azine...

Let's make it simpler. If you have 3 apples and I have 5, a friend of ours gives us 3 apples each. This will make 6 apples for you and 8 for me. I still have more apples. You are not modding the same car. First you need to reach Type-S stock, at least in the hp and brakes department. THINK man, THINK.

Enough with the bashing and hijacking. See title, stick to it. This is over. You win, I lose. Done.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer
Seriously?

Did you really have to put down the features of the type S to justify the purchase of a non type s? By the way, you fail to mention that the NAV comes standard on the type s which is worth at least $2k. Don't like the wheels huh? Swap it out just like how you would tweak the exhaust "to your liking". Lastly, if you can't feel the difference in power between the type S vs the tl-p then I think that's just a personal issue. I've driven both cars and I assure you the power difference is noticable.

Knocking the higher trim model to justify the purchae of a lower model is old...

I rather not have it....I don't like it....I don't need it....not much of power difference....It's personal taste.....whatever
^See what I mean? Total jerks. I'm not knocking anything, someone else put the base down, I was only trying to state the reasons why I don't see it as that much of a difference. Look at this forum, how many type-s owners put aspec stuff on? And other then the tails/sidemarkers, how many base owners put type-s on? That is just an observation I've made.

You run into this no matter what car you have. "my si is better then your ex" "my vtec is better then your s" blah blah.

Fact is we pretty much drive the same fckning car. And the subtle differences just don't do anything for me. I understand the power difference very well. It's just not THAT BIG of a difference.

Base 6spd + Nav + aspec kit = what?
Type-S = what?

Anyone have those figures?

To me, I don't see the need to MOD either of these car that much. I would pull the engine out of the prelude to do anything, no way in hell I am doing that to this car.

I guess I rant because I have had several instances of type-s guys being total douches to me on the road. Well guess what, you're fcking 40 years old and I'm 24, I hope you feel good about yourself.

^ Lol, little off topic there
Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by TeknoKing
Reasoning is not your strongest asset. You want to tell me about modding? See when I joined Azine...

Let's make it simpler. If you have 3 apples and I have 5, a friend of ours gives us 3 apples each. This will make 6 apples for you and 8 for me. I still have more apples. You are not modding the same car. First you need to reach Type-S stock, at least in the hp and brakes department. THINK man, THINK.

Enough with the bashing and hijacking. See title, stick to it. This is over. You win, I lose. Done.
Reading in context must not be yours. What I am saying here is, IMHO, you are starting with 3.5 apples, I'm starting with 3. Half an apple gain for the cost of 2 apples doesn't add up to me.

Let me add to this. I would never buy a new car. Someone else can eat the deprication. But I will say this. If you are buying a NEW TL, there really isn't much of a reason NOT to get the type-s. I can agree with you all there.

/I'll stop trying to justify myself now.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:19 AM
Race Director

I will say this though to the OP. After reading all my/our nonsense, you can see there are far more valuable things to compare between the two then the interior lights.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Quad Exhaust + Brembo Brakes + bigger more powerful engine + way better suspension + Standard navi + Noise Cancelation technology + better seats + headlights/tails/sides + etc etc...
Thats worth more than the difference in price between the 2 cars IMO.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:45 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Forgive me, but it seems like you're the one hating. The only people on the road who are jackass' to me are type-s owners. I'm not jealous at all. I think the way they look is hideous.
You said in your previous posts that the only thing you didnt like was the wheels. You can always ask the dealer to swap them out for a set of base wheels. They will be more than happy to trade you.
What else do you think is so hideous about the type-S?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:51 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by juruki
Quad Exhaust + Brembo Brakes + bigger more powerful engine + way better suspension + Standard navi + Noise Cancelation technology + better seats + headlights/tails/sides + etc etc...
Thats worth more than the difference in price between the 2 cars IMO.
Like I said before, if your buying new, and you WANT NAVI, go for the type-s. If not, I can't justify it.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:09 AM
Happy Holidays!

^See what I mean? Total jerks. I'm not knocking anything, someone else put the base down, I was only trying to state the reasons why I don't see it as that much of a difference. Look at this forum, how many type-s owners put aspec stuff on? And other then the tails/sidemarkers, how many base owners put type-s on? That is just an observation I've made.

You run into this no matter what car you have. "my si is better then your ex" "my vtec is better then your s" blah blah.

Fact is we pretty much drive the same fckning car. And the subtle differences just don't do anything for me. I understand the power difference very well. It's just not THAT BIG of a difference.

Base 6spd + Nav + aspec kit = what?
Type-S = what?

Anyone have those figures?

To me, I don't see the need to MOD either of these car that much. I would pull the engine out of the prelude to do anything, no way in hell I am doing that to this car.

I guess I rant because I have had several instances of type-s guys being total douches to me on the road. Well guess what, you're fcking 40 years old and I'm 24, I hope you feel good about yourself.

^ Lol, little off topic there
All I was saying in my original post is that there are differences between the two. If you can't feel it, that's fine. If you don't like it, that's fine too. I guess your main point is that both cars are just about the same and that the differences are just subtle. I disagree, but I haven't knocked the TL-P though. Whatever floats your boat, pal.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To the OP, try test driving both and feel them. Then decide which one you like. Take a close look at each of them, interior and exterior.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Old 07-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL-S is not a big difference between TL w/Navi and the price is also not a big difference. $2000 dollars that is nothing compare to the full price. If you can afford $36,225 then $38,225 will not make a hard time. If everybody would have a choice to buy again with these two options, I bet you that most of us would buy TL-S and in my opinion probably, because it is TL-S ( associated with sport, special) and it is an "upgraded version". Test it and see which one you like more.
Old 07-25-2008, 04:11 PM
Advanced

Did you guys notice that Acura decapitated someone to take this picture...

LOL the drivers head is missing.

I have seen this picture 1000x and just noticed that.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted_Brian
Did you guys notice that Acura decapitated someone to take this picture...

LOL the drivers head is missing.

I have seen this picture 1000x and just noticed that.

Brian, I think he's just leaning waaaaay to the left. But good catch!
Old 07-25-2008, 10:17 PM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Steven Bell
actually the driver is sitting in a normal position..i used a wide angle lens @ 10mm to get that shot....
Old 07-25-2008, 11:26 PM
Race Director

Here are some very crude shots. I left my SLR at work, so I had to use a crappy point and shoot camera. But you will get the idea.

Old 07-26-2008, 10:04 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Steven Bell

Look at the picture closely. You can see his shoulders, then you see the opening of the shirt around his neck. You can follow his neck up to where it is clearly photoshopped.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:12 AM
.... .... .... ... ....

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
You guys are annoying.

They're both nice cars, different strokes for different folks.

Don't put each other's fucking cars down when you pretty much drive the same thing.

To the OP:Get what YOU like.

I drive a base 06. If the Type S was out in 06, would I have bought it? Yes. Do I regret not having it? No because the Type S wasn't even out. Do I regret it when I see a modded TLS? Not at all.

Get what you like...I <3 my 04 TL with all my soul lol....but seriously who regrets buying a TL?
Old 07-26-2008, 10:25 AM
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by Boosted_Brian
Look at the picture closely. You can see his shoulders, then you see the opening of the shirt around his neck. You can follow his neck up to where it is clearly photoshopped.
Originally Posted by drigo
actually the driver is sitting in a normal position..i used a WIDE ANGLE LENS@10 to get that shot....
no photoshop
Old 07-26-2008, 10:50 AM
Advanced

no photoshop

Where is the head then?
Old 07-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 937 Likes on 487 Posts
interesting thread.

im new here. just bought my first TL (06, Nighthawk Black Pearl, 6-speed manual). It is absolutely the best car I have ever owned.

but im like some of the other guys. I looked at the Type-S, and honestly didn't care for it. While the mechanical features of the car are really nice (sports suspension, FWD, etc), I don't care for the look of the car at all. and I definitely don't like the red lights (one reason why I didn't go with an Audi A3).

The blue with the ice-white lettering is much more soothing, much more futuristic, and far more aesthetically pleasing. the red makes me feel like the car is in some "threat" alert mode or im in a submarine about to go to war...definitely not the feeling I like to get when im chillin with the ladies, cruisin on a hot summer night...

As for the exterior, I've always been one of those guys that hates when trims and spoilers, and other additional features are added to the base shape of the vehicle. Im a minimalist, and the less extra crap there is, the sexier the car. To me, anytime I see trims, spoilers, etc. It just looks like someone is "trying" (key word there is "trying") to make the car look cooler than it already does (like seeing a Saturn with a 5 foot tall spoiler on it. it's just ridiculous looking). to me it detracts from the natural beauty, and original design that the car designer obviously spent soo many years designing to get right.

as for horsepower, I don't plan to race the interstates. Also this is my first time owning a V6...so the 3.2 is more than I could ever want/need. It kicks, has serious push, and goes when you tell it to go.

so that being said, the only thing the Type-S gave me that I absolutely had to have was the 6-speed manual. And as you guys probably know, non Type-S manual's are a bitch to find, let alone finding one that's pre-certified, low mileage, in great shape, and the right color. I searched high-and-low for about 2-3 months, and finally find a beautiful 06' with low mileage, pre-certified at an Acura dealership in FL (I live in Atlanta, GA), and it was a 6-speed manual Took the greyhound down for the weekend, picked her up, and bonded with her for the 4-5 hour drive back to hotlanta. I've been like a little boy since. TL's are the king.

look forward to more discussions on this forum.

cheers!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:30 AM
Race Director

holografique Welcome to AZ, and thank you for sharing...

Is this a new trend for all n00bs to justify their purchase? Look at all of the posts, only n00bs get so defensive.

We all purchase what we want, there is no right or wrong, there is only your preference. If you cannot justify on purchasing on something, don't buy it. If you cannot do math, also, do not buy it. (Calculate how much it will cost you to integrate all of Type-S stock to a TL-P...yep..more than 3K..)

Also, why is it always, we move away from the thread title to start our own little quarrels?

Thread is RED vs WHITE/BLUE LED Interior... what ever pleases your eyes, go for it, the rest doesn't matter. Some like bright interior, I'm a fan of darkness, and my interior is set pretty dim, which perfect for me.

/thread.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by holografique
interesting thread.

im new here. just bought my first TL (06, Nighthawk Black Pearl, 6-speed manual). It is absolutely the best car I have ever owned.

but im like some of the other guys. I looked at the Type-S, and honestly didn't care for it. While the mechanical features of the car are really nice (sports suspension, FWD, etc), I don't care for the look of the car at all. and I definitely don't like the red lights (one reason why I didn't go with an Audi A3).

The blue with the ice-white lettering is much more soothing, much more futuristic, and far more aesthetically pleasing. the red makes me feel like the car is in some "threat" alert mode or im in a submarine about to go to war...definitely not the feeling I like to get when im chillin with the ladies, cruisin on a hot summer night...

As for the exterior, I've always been one of those guys that hates when trims and spoilers, and other additional features are added to the base shape of the vehicle. Im a minimalist, and the less extra crap there is, the sexier the car. To me, anytime I see trims, spoilers, etc. It just looks like someone is "trying" (key word there is "trying") to make the car look cooler than it already does (like seeing a Saturn with a 5 foot tall spoiler on it. it's just ridiculous looking). to me it detracts from the natural beauty, and original design that the car designer obviously spent soo many years designing to get right.

as for horsepower, I don't plan to race the interstates. Also this is my first time owning a V6...so the 3.2 is more than I could ever want/need. It kicks, has serious push, and goes when you tell it to go.

so that being said, the only thing the Type-S gave me that I absolutely had to have was the 6-speed manual. And as you guys probably know, non Type-S manual's are a bitch to find, let alone finding one that's pre-certified, low mileage, in great shape, and the right color. I searched high-and-low for about 2-3 months, and finally find a beautiful 06' with low mileage, pre-certified at an Acura dealership in FL (I live in Atlanta, GA), and it was a 6-speed manual Took the greyhound down for the weekend, picked her up, and bonded with her for the 4-5 hour drive back to hotlanta. I've been like a little boy since. TL's are the king.

look forward to more discussions on this forum.

cheers!
Great first post..... Welcome to AZ!!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by bsprinker
I know that some of the members here don't care for the red interior lighting in the Type S compared to the blue in the TL.
I almost bought a base 2007 TL w/Navi because I liked the rims, the faux-wood accents, the two tone dash, and the blue interior lights better.

I ended up getting the Type-S because of the larger engine and the suspension upgrades and within a few weeks I was very happy that I did.

All the little things that I thought I liked better in the base TL during my initial impression ended up being things that I now like better in the Type-S.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Advanced

To the OP:

Most, if not all of the interior shots of the TL-S in this thread have the brightness set to MAX or very close to it. So don't think that it has to be that red, it can be much much more subtle.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2,599 Likes on 1,581 Posts
I don't want be to rude, but why wouldn't you want to get a more enhanced car if you can afford it?

Yesterday I went for litlte detailing... Every other guy was starring in envy as I was passing by

This is becoming an annoying pattern... Every other base owner finds a self-healing excuse for not upgrading to a Type-S....

Jealous much?

(Calculate how much it will cost you to integrate all of Type-S stock to a TL-P...yep..more than 3K..)
The TL & TL-S are nice cars but don't get all crazy over it. They are just a few thousand dollars above the average price of a typical car sold in the US today.

You seem to have a lot invested in your TL-S defining who & what you are & how jealous everyone else its of it especially if the elect to buy a regular TL.

You are also saying that the reason that we did not buy a TLS instead of a TL is because we can't afford/justify the price spread.

News flash, the price spread between the TL & TL-S will buy about 1 and a half tanks of diesel for my boat or 3 hours air time on the AT-6 I fly.

I am take the same view as holografique, that less is more when it come to tack ons & two toned interiors with red lights.

I really don't care for the tarted up "S" version & went out of my way to get a new 06/6speed when they dropped the manual in the 06/07 model change over.

Additionally, for a lot of guys here the TL is a third or fourth car & not the defining automotive in their life.
Old 07-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

holografique Welcome to AZ, and thank you for sharing...

Is this a new trend for all n00bs to justify their purchase? Look at all of the posts, only n00bs get so defensive.

We all purchase what we want, there is no right or wrong, there is only your preference. If you cannot justify on purchasing on something, don't buy it. If you cannot do math, also, do not buy it. (Calculate how much it will cost you to integrate all of Type-S stock to a TL-P...yep..more than 3K..)
/thread.
it's all good dude. just voicing my views, experiences, and opinions just like anyone else here. Not saying my experience is the only way or right way.

and im definitely not trying to justify anything. I bought EXACTLY what I WANTED. there was no hesitation, no doubts, no "hmmm's..." and no "maybe's".

My first time ever driving a TL was an 05' NBP, Camel Interior, 6-speed, non-Navi, non-TypeS (after looking at an RSX), and it was after much hesitation, cause I didn't want such a big car, but none of the car-makers today are making cars for the single, 30 something guy looking for a hot little sports car. the RSX is the closest thing, but when I test drove it, I felt like I was driving an old Honda Civic. So it just didn't make sense for what the asking prices of RSX's were. So after the car salesperson convinced me to test drive a TL, I was taken by complete surprise. and the 05 non typeS was the one I fell in love with. But I wasn't ready to buy the one I test drove. So it got sold, and I ended up on a 2-3 month search once I was ready. When I found my 06' with less miles, I jumped on it like a fly on horeshit.

So in the end, I got exactly what my heart was aching for, and that's all that counts.

cheers.

ps...was the turning radius on the 06's changed from the 05'? Cause I remember distinctly testing that in the 05 I first drove and it was phenomenal, but my 06' feels like im trying to turn a boat!!!??
Old 07-26-2008, 07:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

oh and i'll post a pick later tonight to remind us all how sexy the blue/white interior is
Old 07-26-2008, 09:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by holografique
ps...was the turning radius on the 06's changed from the 05'? Cause I remember distinctly testing that in the 05 I first drove and it was phenomenal, but my 06' feels like im trying to turn a boat!!!??
There was no change, the turning radius on all the TL's sucks. Trust me a boat turns a lot better, maybe you were thinking of a ULCC
Old 07-27-2008, 12:47 PM
Race Director

Well, it feels like you are turning a boat because of the softer suspension, I'm very happy with a stiffer suspension that type-s offers. Maybe you should install rear sway bar to keep your rear from fighting you...

But yeah, so far the best turning radius I have experienced was in my bmw.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Well, it feels like you are turning a boat because of the softer suspension, I'm very happy with a stiffer suspension that type-s offers. Maybe you should install rear sway bar to keep your rear from fighting you...

But yeah, so far the best turning radius I have experienced was in my bmw.
IMHO the 6MT suspension is tight enough for this type of car, but would also agree that compared to my 330 CI, soon to be 335, convertible the TL turning radius sucks. Generally have to make a K turn in the TL where the 330 will clear the curbs easy.

What really surprised me was even my 4X4 pickup has a tighter turning radius.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Acuras Only in

One of my fav. avatar here .... like a pilot seat in a jet ....
Old 07-28-2008, 09:41 AM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Thanks for all of the pictures and opinions posted. I truly can live with either car at this point. I did drive an auto Type S this weekend and would have purchased it had the dealer come down to an aggressive price. But they would not. It seems that the dealers are REALLY not budging much on certified Type S's. The dealer claimed they had almost $30k in the car (silver auto '07 type S with 24K miles, very good overall condition, with that many miles), which I simply could not understand. After questioning the salesman on it, he stated that he thinks they overpaid when taking in the car. I agreed with him.

I told the salesman that if the price changed over the next week (end of the month sales) that he could call me. I would have purchased the car for $28.5K, but he wouldn't go below $30K. Its a shame...it was a very nice car, but I didn't want to pay $1,500 more than my target price (which was already $2,000 more than a regular TL with nav).

It seems now like a certified Type S is running at least $3K more than just a TL with navigation, and I don't know if I can justify that difference. Especially when I think that the stiffer suspension in the S may be too choppy for my nine-month old to sleep in the backseat while on road trips. Now my purchase may depend on which car is available locally at the right price, and that'll be okay with me. Again, thanks for the comments.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Advanced

I got my brandnew 2008 type-S for 32K with 5 miles on it. ??!?!?! How can someone sell a year old used car for 30K with 24K miles on it. Doesnt make sense.
Old 07-28-2008, 05:29 PM
07 tl-s in

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by A SiQ TL
hey sub, your screen name is actually fitting. All that red lighting reminds me of a submarine

To the OP, I don't really care for the red, especially when compared to the blue. however, if I were doing it over again I would probably go with the S.
you are one of the first to get it.I'm ex-navy,was stationed in Groton,CT on the submarine USS Miami...........

to the OP:just say yes to S
Old 07-28-2008, 06:28 PM
200,000 mile club

Received 35 Likes on 15 Posts
This is the other funny thread with pictures that just don't belong to the topic. Bear, you sure do love to throw your pictures up in every persons thread.

If I had a choice, the TL-S would be it hands down. Best car for the money.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by mmade22
Bear, you sure do love to throw your pictures up in every persons thread..
As I said in the other thread its fun reading the reactions to them, especially from the my toy is better then your toy because its a Type S group.

BTW the red in fighter planes kinda of faded out after WWII. Its pretty much electro luminescent Blue-Green now.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Happy Holidays!

Actually we all know (I don't know if you noticed or not) that nobody really cared about your out of place pictures. Nobody commented on them for awhile until you decided the need to post more useless picture in the other thread. Can you show us pictures of your nice big house as well?

Quick Reply: TL Type S interior pics at night!!