Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TL in the shop... I get to drive a TSX

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL in the shop... I get to drive a TSX

Well, I took the TL in for a couple of issues. The drivers seat leather is cracking, and yes I treat it with conditioner regularly. I know of the "but print" issues with some TLs but I dont remember reading much about leather cracking. I forgot to take pictures before I took it to the shop.... sorry. Also three of the four windows are making noise when you raise or lower them. The passenger side rear is making two different noises. One is the rubber seal, its kinda "moaning" when you operate the window. The other nose does not sound good. It sounds like something is scraping the glass inside. It has not done any damage to the glass. I am sure its just a guide that the fabric has come off of. Anyway the other two windows are making their own unique sounds. I had to take it in for Service anyway so might as well get things straightened out. My wife rarely, if ever, rolls down the windows so even though it started a while ago it was no big deal to wait.

So I get a rental car for a couple of days, its a LOADED TSX Black on Black. The car really looks good. As I was driving home messing with all the gadgets I started realizing this thing has more "gadgets" than the TL does, and I like them. There is an instant graph and AVG MPG display right in the middle of the gauge pod. The Nav system seams to have more setting and the MPG is great. I was running around town and the average stayed around 24mpg... WOW!!! Anyway, I still like the power of the TL better for passing, from a start the TSX pulls pretty decent. The TSX feels smaller but inside there is still a decent amount of room inside. I am suprised more people are not going for the TSX, its a pretty decent car for a 4 banger.

I will let ya'll know how the TL works out. The dealership has been awesome since we got an Acura and I expect nothing less from them now.

By the way, we are a proud new owner of an 07 Toyota Tundra D-cab, traded in the F150 and for the first time in my life dont own a FORD....