Sponsored by:

TL to RSX-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 11:20 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
TL to RSX-S

I "upgraded" from a 2002 RSX-S and at times I think I made a mistake, I really loved the car it was quick, easy to go in and out of traffic but more like a kid's car and I hated the fact that when on the Highway it was a target for those who wanted to prove that their Civic was fast..now I love the TL but...I miss the S..has that happened to you before you bought the TL, almost like missing your ex g/f for what you present g/f don't do...

I wonder if in time th RSX-S will become "more" of an adults car and maybe I'll be forced to trade the TL instead of UPGRADING to a RL...
Old 12-03-2005, 11:26 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i kinda feel the same way you do....i have an automatic TL....and sometimes i wish that i got the RSX Type-S and spent the leftover money on engine mods and interior and exterior mods on the RSX...being the RSX costs roughly 26-27k LOADED with the A-Spec kit.....and i figure the left over 10k....could have been spent very nicely on the RSX....(supercharger, turbos, new headunit) bunch of shit...well...its just fantasy to me

but i love my TL just wish i waited for the 6MT
Old 12-03-2005, 11:37 PM
HEK

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
i kinda feel the same way you do....i have an automatic TL....and sometimes i wish that i got the RSX Type-S and spent the leftover money on engine mods and interior and exterior mods on the RSX...being the RSX costs roughly 26-27k LOADED with the A-Spec kit.....and i figure the left over 10k....could have been spent very nicely on the RSX....(supercharger, turbos, new headunit) bunch of shit...well...its just fantasy to me

but i love my TL just wish i waited for the 6MT
The 6M is the only reason why I didn't get the RL, my 24 yo son says the TL is an "old mans" car and the RL a retiree's ride...lol but he sure loves to "borrow" the car when he wants to go a "'function" instead of driving his '04 Civic EX and he couldn't understand why I traded the RSX-S when I did...anyways I'll wait and maybe they'll bring back the type R one day and I'll have to make the change..
Old 12-04-2005, 12:36 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if your thinkng about grtting the RL remember its even slower than the TL and less sporty I have an 03 TL-S. I love my car it have well enough power for its size, but I have a civic for a daily car for the commute to work and back. The smaller car is nice to throw around in traffic and the curves in the countryside. Maybe you need to get a TSX or RSX-S (back) for a daliy driver. Who cares what the son says, he loves driving your TL because he the SH@@ when he pulls up at the social functions. I bet if he had a choice of a TL or a Civic he'd choose the TL in a heart beat. Just enjoy the TL and maybe throw a CAI on it. I'm sure you'll like it more than.
Old 12-04-2005, 02:38 AM
2nd Gear

I "upgraded" from a RSX S to a TL myself. I think i know what you are going through. No 6speed 8k red line sport car feeling. Im considering trading it in for a 350z.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JJaNG201
I "upgraded" from a RSX S to a TL myself. I think i know what you are going through. No 6speed 8k red line sport car feeling. Im considering trading it in for a 350z.

2+ years member and 2 posts
Old 12-04-2005, 06:46 AM
HEK

Originally Posted by pzero23
Well if your thinkng about grtting the RL remember its even slower than the TL and less sporty I have an 03 TL-S. I love my car it have well enough power for its size, but I have a civic for a daily car for the commute to work and back. The smaller car is nice to throw around in traffic and the curves in the countryside. Maybe you need to get a TSX or RSX-S (back) for a daliy driver. Who cares what the son says, he loves driving your TL because he the SH@@ when he pulls up at the social functions. I bet if he had a choice of a TL or a Civic he'd choose the TL in a heart beat. Just enjoy the TL and maybe throw a CAI on it. I'm sure you'll like it more than.
Got one of these

and this...

And I started this post not to complain about the TL is I about the fact that it's not in the same category as the RSX-S and I think most of all I went from a 2 door Si, a 2 door RSX-S and now upgrading to a SEDAN just takes getting used to, BTW I've been looking for a Civic but all the ones I see have modified with high miles and I won't even ask about the price $$$..
Old 12-04-2005, 08:53 AM
HMFIC

They are definately different cars. I like the way the RSX drives but the TL is much more solid.

For TL money, I would have bought a new Mustang GT instead of an RSX plus mods. However, I like all kinds of cars, many on this board think any domestic car is junk.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:19 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For me, an RSX is for the younger crowd (smaller). Then you have the TL which is a bit bigger.. and then for older people, the RL. I wanted an RL, but the price was a bit more. When you have a family of your own, it makes a world of difference going bigger.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Dr. Feelgood

Originally Posted by invincible569
For me, an RSX is for the younger crowd (smaller). Then you have the TL which is a bit bigger.. and then for older people, the RL. I wanted an RL, but the price was a bit more. When you have a family of your own, it makes a world of difference going bigger.
I agree. It's safer too! I think hek is going through his midlife crisis (..maybe...?)
Old 12-04-2005, 10:12 AM
Instructor

Nice set-up HEK, Yeah I agree that some of the civic prices are high. I'm sure you'll find that car when your least looking for it. It is nice to have something small that you can throw around. It snowed by me last night and after i got of my part-time job, me and couple of co-workers practice our snow driving techniques.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Advanced

I know exactly how you feel, I traded in my 03 type S for the TL and I miss it so much, me and my friends have a little crew and they're all rollin around in turbo charge RSX's with 400+whp and i'm the odd one with the TL and not boosted !!!
Old 12-04-2005, 11:28 AM
HEK

Originally Posted by 05TLTony
I agree. It's safer too! I think hek is going through his midlife crisis (..maybe...?)

LOL, actually that's exactly what my wife said when I bought the TL, my response to her was that if I was really going thru my midlife crisis I would have been at a Honda dealer buying a S2000 and kept the RSX-S as my beater...
Old 12-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
A friend of mine went from the TL to the rsx.. He also modded it out with exhaust and super charger. He says he enjoys the RSX more so than the TL.. Midlife... hmmm maybe.. but I doubt if there is any crisis...lol
Old 12-04-2005, 04:32 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by HEK
LOL, actually that's exactly what my wife said when I bought the TL, my response to her was that if I was really going thru my midlife crisis I would have been at a Honda dealer buying a S2000 and kept the RSX-S as my beater...
Wait just a bit for that. My neighbor, 78 Y.O., just bought a 2002 Boxter yesterday! This to go along with his RL and MDX. Told me he wants to save on gas.... The MDX was bought so his 2 dogs would stop tearing up the interior on the RL. The MDX replaced his 928. Life is really tuff. Enjoy the TL and budget for the S2000.

When I grow up, I want to have a mid life crisis like my neighborhood.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:22 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by HEK
I "upgraded" from a 2002 RSX-S and at times I think I made a mistake, I really loved the car it was quick, easy to go in and out of traffic but more like a kid's car and I hated the fact that when on the Highway it was a target for those who wanted to prove that their Civic was fast..now I love the TL but...I miss the S..has that happened to you before you bought the TL, almost like missing your ex g/f for what you present g/f don't do...

I wonder if in time th RSX-S will become "more" of an adults car and maybe I'll be forced to trade the TL instead of UPGRADING to a RL...

Damn, I miss my 02 RSX-S too. I just had to get a bigger car. I also wanted a more "respectable" car like the TL. I loved my RSX, but I just didn't like when people would try to race me. If I could afford both insurace, then I would of keep my RSX as a weekend car. Oh yeah, when I traded in my RSX-S to my dealer. The person who bought my old RSX-S was a young Navy dude. My service advisor called me right after I got my TL and he told me that the navy guy blew the engine!!!!!! I got kind of mad even though that wasn't my car anymore, but I took so much care with it, and that dummy raced it and blew the engine!! Oh well, I'm very happy I have my TL.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:36 PM
Cruise Missile Lobber

Originally Posted by Macruz19
Damn, I miss my 02 RSX-S too. I just had to get a bigger car. I also wanted a more "respectable" car like the TL. I loved my RSX, but I just didn't like when people would try to race me. If I could afford both insurace, then I would of keep my RSX as a weekend car. Oh yeah, when I traded in my RSX-S to my dealer. The person who bought my old RSX-S was a young Navy dude. My service advisor called me right after I got my TL and he told me that the navy guy blew the engine!!!!!! I got kind of mad even though that wasn't my car anymore, but I took so much care with it, and that dummy raced it and blew the engine!! Oh well, I'm very happy I have my TL.
Not all young Navy dudes are stupid......just most of them
Old 12-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Instructor

I have a 450WHP rsx-s and the TL is my daily driver. I love my TL. It does exactly what it was bought for. Who here is a member of clubrsx?

CJ
Old 12-05-2005, 05:21 AM
HEK

Originally Posted by TeamXRSX
I have a 450WHP rsx-s and the TL is my daily driver. I love my TL. It does exactly what it was bought for. Who here is a member of clubrsx?

CJ
I still visit the site but not as active....
this what my driveway looked like a year ago...
Old 12-05-2005, 05:28 AM
HEK

The car I miss.......(can we add 5 extra minutes to edit the page??.. ).
Old 12-05-2005, 07:06 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know what you're going through. I upgraded from a 2000 Prelude to my TL. I also had a Toyota RAV4. Both of them were replaced by the TL. I miss the cornering and general fun-factor of the 'lude for sure. So I'm just beefing up my TL as much as possible. And so far, the results are great. Next summer will be even better. I'm also thinking of getting the new MDX next fall if I like it... that'll help to eliminate the 4WD blues.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:23 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I know the feeling, but in my case I have kept my "kid" car. I own a '94 integra gsr with 195k miles and still enjoy driving it, I've done the usual mods, wheels, suspension, exhaust, brake kit, sound system etc. My Tl is very comfortable, my wife drives an '06 Pilot which she loves, but nothing feels like my old friend the, integra that is.
Old 12-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Racer

i'm really surprised at the RSX opinions - i had a loaner and I can't stand the car - slower, worse around corners even though smaller, uncomfortable...
Old 12-05-2005, 06:57 PM
Intermediate

TL and RSX

My wife has the 05 type RSX and I have to 05 TL , the best of both worlds
Old 12-06-2005, 02:50 AM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Originally Posted by meathead
i'm really surprised at the RSX opinions - i had a loaner and I can't stand the car - slower, worse around corners even though smaller, uncomfortable...
It was non-type S right?
Old 12-06-2005, 05:32 AM
HEK

Originally Posted by meathead
Are you a little overweight or of a larger frame?..I'm 5'10" and the car fit me like a glove, now my son is 6'2" and packs a few extra pounds , he looked uncomfortable driving it and never comp[lained thou, but one thing the RSX was never a slow car, it even looked fast parked...

Originally Posted by JS + TL
It was non-type S right?
My same thought...
Old 12-06-2005, 09:13 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had an 02 RSX Type S as well.
- GReddy exhaust
- AEM V2 intake
- Mugen Sport suspension
- 18" wheels
- OEM body kit & rear wing
- Sweet stereo install

I miss that car purely from the fun aspect of it. That suspension made all the difference in the world with handling. Decided to upgrade to the TL because it is more of an "adults" car and was getting sick of the rice-boy image I was putting out and all the high school kids either trying to race me or giving me props. I'd rather have props from women in their late 20's

I was a member of clubrsx.com as well! Great site -- even more in depth than this one believe it or not!
Old 12-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by millerrh
I had an 02 RSX Type S as well.
- GReddy exhaust
- AEM V2 intake
- Mugen Sport suspension
- 18" wheels
- OEM body kit & rear wing
- Sweet stereo install

I miss that car purely from the fun aspect of it. That suspension made all the difference in the world with handling. Decided to upgrade to the TL because it is more of an "adults" car and was getting sick of the rice-boy image I was putting out and all the high school kids either trying to race me or giving me props. I'd rather have props from women in their late 20's

I was a member of clubrsx.com as well! Great site -- even more in depth than this one believe it or not!
Thats what im talkin about