TL Launch Party

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003 | 12:51 PM
Advanced

TL Launch Party

I'm new to this site and I've been invited to a TL launch party tonight (10/22) at Acura of North Scottsdale. We are already a multi-Honda/Acura family -- MDX and TSX and a Honda Civic for our teenager -- but always interested in what's out there. I picked up lots of information on the MDX and TSX forums after I bought those cars. This time I will participate in this forum to learn about the TL before I decide to buy it. Tonight will be the first live look (and there will be food!! I've visited the Acura.com site and did the interactive tour. I expect to be impressed from what I know of Acura and from what I've read and heard so far. Now to figure out how to swing it. We need the MDX because we have 5 youngsters so we will wait for the next model change to replace it; we just bought the TSX two months ago and love that car. No chance of trading those two in. Hmmm, maybe the Civic . . . .??
Old 10-22-2003 | 06:10 PM
Burning Brakes

I just got back from mine. I am the proud new owner of a keychain with a flashlight built in. The food was good!! I didnt care for the guys playing the violin though
Old 10-22-2003 | 07:04 PM
Intermediate

back from mine at miami acura!!!

have a handy dandy key chain/flashlight too!!!

have some pics but totally forgot to get a pic of camel!!!

but it was great i love it

so classy well here goes im goign to try to post some pics we will see how it works out

Old 10-22-2003 | 07:09 PM
Drifting

Jesus Christ dude, that picture's so big I can almost sit in the dang thing. And I'm on a 21 inch monitor! LOL!

You may want to reduce the size a bit. I thought I was about to get run over!
Old 10-22-2003 | 07:14 PM
Intermediate

im glad we are all jokesters but i didnt even think it was going to work im sorry im not a computer surgeon i dont know how to to mak ea picture smaller in whole with out taking pieces off.....and i didnt even think it was going to work....i have webspace for pics and i just found it out....

i have more pics lol..... im working on making them smaller......but ill get them up soon
Old 10-22-2003 | 07:17 PM
Drifting

No problem Nathan. I was just giving you a hard time. Thanks for the pics man... they just got me laughing because they were so huge! Keep 'em coming!
Old 10-22-2003 | 07:18 PM
Intermediate

roll out the red carpet lol

i found out how to do it lol.....
here they are coming

okay lets have obe last try then im giving up lol

the lip spoiler!

Old 10-22-2003 | 08:03 PM
Mav
Team Nighthawk Spokesman

Nice pics!!! Now I know what a bug feels like just before it hits the windsheild. j/k
Old 10-22-2003 | 11:05 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Just got back from mine! Cool new mini flashlight keychain they gave out.

Got a chance to talk to a salesman who drove a pre-production 6MT. Claimed he had it up to 110 mph in 4th and the engine didn't flinch! He liked it so much he's buying the 1st one coming in next month....doesn't care what he has to pay. He made it abundantly clear that the 6MT is superior in every way starting with (from his driving tests), a faster off the line/2 second faster 0-60. He also claimed that although the brakes on the 5AT are pretty good as is, there's SUBSTANTIALLY BETTER STOPPING POWER with the Brembos. Despite having 5AT's for immediate delivery, he opened up when he learned what kind of stick shift enthusiast I am and told me to wait.....I AM!

I've figured there had to be some reason why Acura gave Car & Driver, Road & track, etc. 6MT's for their initial tests and articles.

Old 10-23-2003 | 11:39 AM
Advanced

Man, I didn't get a key chain w/flashlight, but it was a nice party last night in Scottsdale Acura. The event was held at the Penske Racing Museum and all the Penske racing cars were on display. It was great. This museum sits in the middle of about six high scale dealerships all owned by the group that Roger Penske heads. The food and the music were high scale, too. They had about 7 new TLs sitting in the driveway with various accessories like 18" wheels, rear deck spoilers and stuff. It was hard to tell some of the colors under the lights, but the Nighthawk Black Pearl was gleaming. The green color looked grey under the lights. There were no ebony interiors and I wasn't crazy about the parchment with the wood as much as I liked the aluminum trim with the ebony highlights. The salesguy worked the Bluetooth phone accessory with his cell phone and we called home hands free. Couldn't tell much from the XM radio but the DVD-Audio sound was awesome. And the Nav information was more up-to-date than my '04 TSX. The seats are comfortable and the leather is soft. Two TLs were giving guests rides around a small scale race track just beyond the driveway. It had a lot of esses and chicanes but no straightaway. The TLs scooted around the track quietly with a little sway and a lot of power. Looked like fun to drive, but that will have to wait til another day and daylight. I really like the Euro-type styling which is very similar to my TSX. The TL is a TSX on steroids. Expensive steroids. But definitely worth another look. I wonder if I can talk my wife into getting another job??
Old 10-23-2003 | 01:13 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by DMZ
He made it abundantly clear that the 6MT is superior in every way starting with (from his driving tests), a faster off the line/2 second faster 0-60.
Two seconds faster?

I'm afraid this guy was yanking your chain! If his specs were legit, it would make the 6MT one of the fastest cars on the road at any price. :lol2: