3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The TL Diet Videos

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2009, 06:38 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Haha I'm kinda joking I think they are great performance cars, but what the TL offers (performance, quality, LOOKS, and longetivity), the TL wins hands down

When the turbo fully comes out for the TL, get ready to loooooose!

And the fact that the TL-s can beat a g series, and a is350 at the track = win
Old 10-24-2009, 11:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by TheChamp531
And the fact that the TL-s can beat a g series, and a is350 at the track = win
I eagerly await the day when a TL-S or even a TL finally shows up at an auto-x event.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:40 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,842 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by Dave_B
I eagerly await the day when a TL-S or even a TL finally shows up at an auto-x event.
The Type-S AT did smoke the Infiniti G35 sport MT at Willow Springs.. The TL is heavier & less powerful as well..
Old 10-25-2009, 02:08 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Michael Benz on here took first place in his region in auto-x with nothing but a-spec springs and shocks and a comptech rsb. Oh, and a blower lol.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Majofo
The Type-S AT did smoke the Infiniti G35 sport MT at Willow Springs.. The TL is heavier & less powerful as well..
Believe me, I'm well aware of this seeing that so many on this site nutswing from these TL-S / G35 road course tests It should be expected, though, seeing that this is a TL forum. I'd just like to see what one is capable of, especially at one of our laster and longer auto-x courses which works better for those of us nagivating much larger cars.

I'm in no way an auto-x expert and I've been doing this for less than a year. My last time out, my G 5AT with just Z springs (front), coupe springs (rear), Z shocks, 18X8 with 235/45 PZeros (vs narrow OEM 17X7 215/55), and an adjustable sway bar (see lowest setting) was much faster (about 2.5 seconds) than the S4 V8 6MT, on pace with a BMW 330i ZHP (M3 package), and about 1 second off a 370Z driven by a seasoned driver. IMO, that's some pretty stiff competition and I want to see how the TL-S compares or even a TL with suspension work. I have watched a 6MT CL-S (lowered, exhaust, don't know what else) and that thing looked like an understeering nightmare and very slow. The driver was getting way greedy, but still, it was clear there was a lot of weight up front.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:33 AM

IHC.. didn't you track at Willow recently? or did you postpone your run..
Old 10-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Team Owner

IHC.. didn't you track at Willow recently? or did you postpone your run..
Still postponed. The guy that put out the challenge backed down and the rest of the group wanted to wait until it cooled off which was fine with me. However, it seems like I'm the only one pushing for it now. I want to get some runs in this year before the boost for comparison.

I have my own course though. That neighborhood that they stopped building. It's a little over a mile long, great curves, almost like they knew it would be used for this. It's not as tight most auto-x courses. This is where I take the TL everytime I tweak the suspension. I can push it 10/10ths without fear of hitting anything or anyone.

I can say if that CL was understeering it was likely the driver's fault. Regardless, once you learn to drive, even the stock suspension will allow the rear to step out under lift throttle cornering. It liked the low speed corners much better with just the RSB. As of now, with the large front bar and rear on firm, it's not quite as tailhappy and possibly a little slower around an auto-x course but around the 50mph+ corners it's sooo much quicker. I was having to put way too much steering correction into it before on the higher speed stuff. Even on the street I could hit a double left turn lane and have to put a good half turn of steering correction which isn't the fastest way around a higher speed course. So in short, I think my car will do better at Willow and worse on a short auto-x course with it's current setup. Only way to find out is to try it.

Off topic but while I was in the middle of writing this over an hour ago, I got a call for that job offer and start date I've been waiting on. I think she will see boost early next year.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:51 AM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
I Snooze, I Lose

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m1kK5F9xao

Interesting day it was yesterday. Meet-up with some old friends. In the morning, I saw that base C5 Corvette (no race, too much traffic) and got a short video of him. Remember the Shelby Mustang? I saw him too yesterday evening.

As you can see in the video, this was a huge failure at a racing attempt. Failure on my part and on his part.

From our attempt at a race a few weeks ago, I had felt that I "sucker punched" him by going wot too soon before he had realized that I wanted to race. So, I wanted to make sure that I did not repeat that mistake. Instead, I made a new mistake by waiting way too long before getting into the throttle. Failure on my part.

I was holding the camcorder where it was blocking my view of the side mirror. Usually in this type of situation, I watch my opponent super-close in my side mirror to judge when I should nail it. Yesterday, I made the mistake of waiting until he was in my peripheral vision, past my blind spot. Too late. I was "owned". I will learn not to allow the camcorder to block my side mirror.

I was .

But, it's not bad being "owned" by a 500 hp and 480 lb.-ft.torque Shelby GT500 with a 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds with the quarter-mile at 12.9 seconds.

Now, the failure on his part as I see it. This guy is old. Probably 50+. He has long, white hair. Cool looking dude. Big stout guy too. He is super afraid of getting a speeding ticket. He terminated the race at exactly 60 mph. My only conclusion is to avoid going over the speed limit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZCNaaPCE3w

Here is that C5 Corvette that I mentioned several times in other threads. I was able to get this short video of him yesterday morning. I am fairly certain this is him. Same time of morning, same location, same arrogant driving style, same color, same wide rear tires, same exhaust tips. I am fairly certain this is him.

My encounter with him happened on July 24, 2009. I had checked the performance specs for C5 vettes, and this guy must be a base auto model. Anything else, I would not be able to beat. But according to the specs, I can (and did) handle the base auto. At the time, I had the XLR8 Jpipe but not the PCD yet.

It was this encounter on July 24 that caused me to start carrying a camcorder. I was soooo proud to had beat a Corvette, very solid beating too. But, I had no way to prove it to anyone. And, no one would believe me if I did try to say it. I vowed that this would not happen again. I always carry a camcorder now.

Here is a synopsis of that race on July 24.

It was in the morning on my commute into work. I had just made the left turn onto the feeder road to get onto the freeway. As I am making the left turn onto the feeder road, I see him on the opposite side making a right turn onto the same feeder road.

It is a 3-lane road, with me on the far left lane and him on the far right lane. I make sure that he does not nose ahead, and he senses me competing with him although we have an empty lane between us. It is my left lane that eventually feeds into the freeway. The other two lanes (his) do not. He must get into my lane to enter the freeway. Immediately after he senses me competing, he moves over to the middle lane, now becoming next to me (nose to nose). I hit it, he hits it... It's On baby. Remember, he must get into my lane to enter the freeway. So, I know he is trying wot. He has no other options.... get ahead of me or be shamed into getting behind me.

I estimate we were 40 mph at the beginning of the race. I pulled 2 car lengths from 40 mph to approx 100 mph. He obviously pulls into my lane behind, the only lane to enter the freeway. I terminate the race by showing him my brake lights. I am moderately into the brakes because I am not comfortable doing 100 mph thru a one-lane section with concrete walls on both sides, which is approaching us ahead.. This jerk gets on my ass and acts like he wants to go around on my left side. "WTF...Where? this is a single lane road. You didn't get enough?" Fine. We enter the freeway doing the 60 mph that I forced him down to. We get thru that one lane feeder ramp and onto the freeway with him still on my ass. The freeway ahead of us is clear of traffic. So, I give Mr. Jerk another dose that he asked for. I get over one lane, while maintaining my 60 mph. I wait for him to get beside me. Again, I hit it, he hits it. We do a 60-90 mph run. I terminate the race with a show of brake lights at 90 mph. I pulled one car length. This time, he behaved after that.

Until next time
Old 10-28-2009, 09:09 AM
Team Owner

That sure looks a lot like an old ZR1 but I can't see the rims or badging very well. That badge on the right rear fender looks like the ZR1 emblem.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:18 AM
Safety Car

Ok. Just Google'ed ZR1.

"The Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 is a high performance version of the C6 Chevrolet Corvette. It is the fastest and most powerful Chevrolet has ever produced and the most powerful standard production American car ever."

Not this car.
Unless only 2 cylinders out of 8 had any compression.

This guy was wot. He had no options, no where to hide. Then, he was pissed because he lost and rode my ass.... until I gave him the second dose that he could not prevent from swallowing.

As arrogant as he drives, I would not doubt that he put the ZR1 badge on his car.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:24 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Inaccurate
Ok. Just Google'ed ZR1.

"The Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 is a high performance version of the C6 Chevrolet Corvette. It is the fastest and most powerful Chevrolet has ever produced and the most powerful standard production American car ever."

Not this car.
Unless only 2 cylinders out of 8 had any compression.

This guy was wot. He had no options, no where to hide. Then, he was pissed because he lost and rode my ass.... until I gave him the second dose that he could not prevent from swallowing.

As arrogant as he drives, I would not doubt that he put the ZR1 badge on his car.
That looks like a C4 ZR1. 32 valve DOHC made by Mercury Marine 7,000rpm 5.7 V8. High 12s in the 1/4. Sad to say it's about the same as a base model today. It came with a very wide tire, something like 335s (which it looks like this one had) on the rear stock and had that little badge on the right bumper. Back when the Vette had round talilights, this model stood out with the rectangular lights that the later base models adopted. When I was nearly stock, I found out quickly about this model Vette. It has a power key on the dash that you can turn to power to unleash the full hp and open up the secondary intake tract in the intake manifold.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:40 AM
Safety Car

Just Google'ed C4 ZR1.

The ZR1 version of the C4 still looks like a C4 from the front end of the car. I am very familiar with how the C4 models look. This blue vette in the video does not have that old C4 style front end. This is why I so easily excluded it from being a C4. That leaves only C5. There are no C6 models that I could take like that.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:48 AM

Not to be argumentative but that's definitely a C4.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just me or does it seem like the mustang driver gets scared and hits the brakes once you start to pull him in? Seems to me like if the race wouldve went a little longer you wouldve had him.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by justinl401
Is it just me or does it seem like the mustang driver gets scared and hits the brakes once you start to pull him in? Seems to me like if the race wouldve went a little longer you wouldve had him.
Hilarious.. I beat you to 60! Hit the brakes to let you know it's over.. that's almost worst than a ricer flyby.. but not. lol. Props to Inacc for keeping cool and trying to bait the guy again.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:19 AM
Safety Car

Not to be argumentative but that's definitely a C4.
I appreciate the help. You are not being argumentative at all. I am looking for polite "peer review". As you can see, I can easily get the models wrong. I was wrong about the MazdaSpeed and I am wrong about this vette.

I Google'ed more. Ok. It appears to be a C4 ZR1 as IHC said. All of the C5 have a huge recessed area in the front door for the vent. I found pics of the C4 ZR1 that shows the exact air vent in the front fender as the one in the video.

IHC - You are right. Thanks for helping guy.

Majofo - It is always a pleasure hearing your feedback. Thanks guy
Old 10-28-2009, 10:26 AM
Safety Car

Seems to me like if the race wouldve went a little longer you wouldve had him.
Doubt it. I did not know how powerful those things were until I Google'ed last night. If anything, he was too afraid to "unleash the beast within".

500 hp and 480 lb.-ft.torque
0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds
quarter-mile in 12.9 seconds
Old 10-28-2009, 10:39 AM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
You should start a list/summary of cars and wins.. Tough to summarize with so many pages as all your threads turns into a 10page thread lol.

car model - win or loss / summary.
Old 10-28-2009, 10:40 AM

I could tell from the body lines and the exhaust. If I saw the ZR1 badge on a C4 I definitely wouldn't antagonize him with a race, I'd rather save my gas.. smoking a C4 ZR1 is no joke.. plus the aftermarket support.. some guys are in the 11's with this bad boy. Like IHC said.. stock is high 12's. If you can run a C4 ZR1 you can hang with a stock C6 & Shelby Mustang.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Getting it Done

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
Nice dude love you're car. Nice Corvette kill, even though when it comes to numbers he beats you, this a race and driver error also counts as "hp loss" lmfao . Kind of like how I beat Civic SI in my crappy stock 2G TL-P, even though it's like .5 seconds faster in 1/4.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Safety Car

The C4 appears to be a 1992 model. I suppose with high mileage (years of being dogged), it must be in the mid 13's.

We know that it is at least a 1992 or newer according to this -
"Further changes were made in 1992, including extra ZR-1 badges on the fenders"

We know it is *not* a 1993 because I would not had such an easy time with it -
"The ZR-1's output shot up to 405 hp for '93"

So, that leaves it being a 1992 model.

Edmonds - "the ZR-1 supercar, which could run the quarter-mile in the low 13s and hit a top speed of around 175 mph, thanks to its 375-hp, 5.7-liter V8."

* ZR-1 Coupe
* $64,138
* 5.7L V-8 LT5
* 375 HP
370lb-ft
* 0-60: 4.9sec
* Quarter Mile: 13.4sec

From Car-and-Driver (1991 C4 ZR1): "0-to-60 pass in 4.9 seconds and a quarter-mile blast of 13.2 seconds at 108 mph."
Source: http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...te_zr-1_page_3
Old 10-28-2009, 01:13 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
the most powerful corvette ever made didnt have a C in the name at all.

the sledgehammer corvette owns C1-Cwhatever..

google THAT lol
Old 10-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Getting it Done

Originally Posted by Rockstar21
the most powerful corvette ever made didnt have a C in the name at all.

the sledgehammer corvette owns C1-Cwhatever..

google THAT lol
ROFL!
General Information
Price: $400,000
Miles Per Gallon: 10/19 mpg
Curb Weight: 3671 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/RWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Front tires: 275/40/17
Rear tires: 275/40/17

Engine
Type: Twin-Turbo V8
Displacement: 5733 cc
Horsepower: 880 bhp @ 6250 rpm
Torque: 772 lb-ft @ --- rpm
Redline: ---- rpm

Performance
0-60 mph: 3.9 sec
0-100 mph: 9.4 sec
Quarter Mile: 10.6 sec @ 127 mph
Skidpad: .98g
Top Speed: 254.76 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 122 ft
Slalom Speed: 65.6 mph
Old 10-28-2009, 01:28 PM
Burning Brakes

That's not a ZR1. The most obvious thing that stands out to me is that the rear wheels/tires aren't wide enough. The ZR1 wheels/tires are barely flush with the upper wheel well. They're massive. The rear lip isn't deep enough either. It's close to 2". The badge isn't right either. It should be a red bowtie follwed by a black "ZR1". All that's depicted is the bowtie. I also believe all ZR1s came with quad pipes and the 1990+ regular vettes got the dual pipes. A regular LT1 Vette of that era was a 13.8-14.1 car, depending on tranny and gear ratio. Most were autos with "highway" gears so that GM didn't have to pay a gas guzzler tax on the fleet.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Burning Brakes

As for these races, what the....?

1) Racing on a public street

2) Racing while you've got a camera in your hand and at triple digit speeds. Ever heard of a thing called object fixation? Doubt it.

3) Racing the Vette through an entrance ramp where you know his lane is going to end and you're the one keeping him from merging then act surprised that he's pissed and acting aggressive. I'm certain that's a sure fire way to get shot in Texas.

There is no way, no way, you're 49.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:47 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
in his defense.. it does look like a multi-lane on ramp... so no harm there...
Old 10-28-2009, 02:21 PM
eat, sleep, NGC

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
As for these races, what the....?

1) Racing on a public street

2) Racing while you've got a camera in your hand and at triple digit speeds. Ever heard of a thing called object fixation? Doubt it.

3) Racing the Vette through an entrance ramp where you know his lane is going to end and you're the one keeping him from merging then act surprised that he's pissed and acting aggressive. I'm certain that's a sure fire way to get shot in Texas.

There is no way, no way, you're 49.
Meh, just give it up Dave. I've seen you two go at it enough to know that what ever you say won't affect any decision he makes while driving. This is what he does for fun and excitement, although I don't agree with it, your words won't change anything he does.

This isn't G35Driver where they don't allow "street racing" stories, Acurazine is a little bit more lenient with things like this. IMO, if it bothers you that much try PMing a Mod about making a rule that contain street racing post (i've learned to live with it). Otherwise you'll just end up arguing time after time with people who post their street stories.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:17 PM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
or just stop posting. it's a legal thread on this site. one objection - OK, point taken. a dozen objections - fishing for a reaction, which you're known to do.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NedShneebly
or just stop posting. it's a legal thread on this site. one objection - OK, point taken. a dozen objections - fishing for a reaction, which you're known to do.
I'm free to post what I like assuming it doesn't violate the site rules and sway wildly OT. It is entirely fine for people to live vicariously through this guy and his supposedly wicked fast lightweight TL. It's also entirely fine for others like myself to point out the stupidity and danger of his actions. Additionally, it's entirely okay to point flaws in his claims. Flaws like:

1) Claiming he smoked a MS3 when it turns out to be stand 16-second Mazda 3.

2) Claiming he smoked a mid to low 13-second C5 when it turns out to be a significantly slower LT1 C4.

3) Making some pretty big assumptions about his car's acceleration capabilities and power to weight ratios.

I firmerly believe he's scared to find what his car really will run under the lights. Yeah, it does bug me he continues to race on the street and with a camera in his hand. Hopefully he'll get a street racing ticket and not learn the hard way when he takes someone's life.

Last edited by Dave_B; 10-28-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:38 PM
Getting it Done

I'm free to post what I like assuming it doesn't violate the site rules and sway wildly OT. It is entirely fine for people to live vicariously through this guy and his supposedly wicked fast lightweight TL. It's also entirely fine for others like myself to point out the stupidity and danger of his actions. Additionally, it's entirely okay to point flaws in his claims. Flaws like:

1) Claiming he smoked a MS3 when it turns out to be stand 16-second Mazda 3.

2) Claiming he smoked a mid to low 13-second C5 when it turns out to be a significantly slower LT1 C4.

3) Making some pretty big assumptions about his car's acceleration capabilities and power to weight ratios.

I firmerly believe he's scared to find what his car really will run under the lights. Yeah, it does bug me he continues to race on the street and with a camera in his hand. Hopefully he'll get a street racing ticket and not learn the hard way when he takes someone's life.
I somewhat agree, I'd say to mount it... so you can concentrate on driving, but I also say people top their cars out and do mad 160mph+ racing, this guy doesn't do anything to crazy and he always hits the brakes once it's a clear win/loss. I say he can street if he wants, he does it when it's no traffic anyways.

I also strongly agree with you that he is avoiding going and running it in the 1/4. I'm really interested to see what it can do.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:52 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dave b makes me chuckle.. You know its bad when hes bitching and the moderators arent. Its just for fun man lighten up, no ones telling you how to live your life! Heres a tomato for ya
Old 10-28-2009, 05:21 PM
Burning Brakes

dave b makes me chuckle.. You know its bad when hes bitching and the moderators arent. Its just for fun man lighten up, no ones telling you how to live your life! Heres a tomato for ya
Believe me, I laugh at myself a lot these days. I'm a goof, but I've got a family and yahoos like this really upset me. I was young and dumb once. I stepped back at 20 and realized I was a jackass for racing on the street, regardless of where I was or what time it was (like somehow racing at night is safer). I took my racing to the strip and realized I wasn't John Force and my car wasn't remotely as fast as I thought it was. I think Inaccurate will find out the same thing and hopefully will become hooked by organized racing.

What's been said has been said. I'll let it go in this thread. BTW, the moderators aren't chiming in because you know they argree with me.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:44 AM
Getting it Done

Believe me, I laugh at myself a lot these days. I'm a goof, but I've got a family and yahoos like this really upset me. I was young and dumb once. I stepped back at 20 and realized I was a jackass for racing on the street, regardless of where I was or what time it was (like somehow racing at night is safer). I took my racing to the strip and realized I wasn't John Force and my car wasn't remotely as fast as I thought it was. I think Inaccurate will find out the same thing and hopefully will become hooked by organized racing.

What's been said has been said. I'll let it go in this thread. BTW, the moderators aren't chiming in because you know they argree with me.
I do some street racing, I've pulled 100mph in a 35 zone, I admit it may have been stupid but the traffic was cleared I mean no car for 1/2 mile at least. Sometimes you have to look at from my point, I live in Ohio nearest race track by me is Norwalk I was there for DSM shootout, 40+min drive, just to PAY to run my car on top of gas and get raped by the real race cars. Meh, it's life.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:03 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Daveb - just leave it alone man, your right, this ISN'T g35driver, so shut up when it comes to Acura members posting threads that is legit for this site, racing or not. Stop trying to intervene and lecture a "shame on you" post after post, it gets old man. Go away if you dont enjoy it, or simply do not visit this thread anymore.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by nova_G
Meh, just give it up Dave. I've seen you two go at it enough to know that what ever you say won't affect any decision he makes while driving. This is what he does for fun and excitement, although I don't agree with it, your words won't change anything he does.

This isn't G35Driver where they don't allow "street racing" stories, Acurazine is a little bit more lenient with things like this. IMO, if it bothers you that much try PMing a Mod about making a rule that contain street racing post (i've learned to live with it). Otherwise you'll just end up arguing time after time with people who post their street stories.
MODERATOR'S NOTE: While I don't always post, I do patrol the threads here. If needed, I will bring the heat.....PARTICULARLY when I suspect habitual and wreckless street racing.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:09 AM
eat, sleep, NGC

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by F23A4
MODERATOR'S NOTE: While I don't always post, I do patrol the threads here. If needed, I will bring the heat.....PARTICULARLY when I suspect habitual and wreckless street racing.
I hope you didn't take my comment as a passive aggressive. I was just telling Dave to maybe ask the Mods to be a little stricter on street racing posts since it bothers him a lot. Instead of pointing it out on every street racing thread which eventuallly leads to some sort of argument.

We've seen threads that you've locked before and IIRC, there were a few not to long ago. We know you do your job
Old 10-29-2009, 10:12 AM
Team Owner

Just my .02 and then I'll leave it alone. All I see is Inaccurate doing a quick run up to, maybe a little past the speed limit then getting on the brakes. Honestly, what's the difference in a FWD car whether it's full throttle or part throttle as long as you stop somewhere near the speed limit? It's knowing when to turn it on and when not to and I think he is pretty good at knowing when. What he's doing is so much safer than the idiots who regularly do top end races or run it up to 120mph+. I run a 10 second car on the street if conditions are right, always shut it down at a sane speed and I've never had a wreck in that car that I've owned since 17. It's all about knowing when.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ineedmyfixofacura
Sometimes you have to look at from my point, I live in Ohio nearest race track by me is Norwalk I was there for DSM shootout, 40+min drive, just to PAY to run my car on top of gas and get raped by the real race cars. Meh, it's life.
My nearest track is 45 minutes away. I pay $20 to run and I'm usually lucky to 4 runs over the course a four hour period. I also need to get there an hour early to get through tech quickly. I've also raced at Heartland Park Topeka which is 1.5 hours away and also at MOKan which is 3 hours away. The excuse that it's too far to drive is a weak one.

You're argument is both common and amusing. Most street racers will spend hours combing the streets looking for a race all the while burning through a lot of fuel. Point being the cost and time argument isn't really valid to most anyone that lives in a metro area and has access a track.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:40 PM
Drifting

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
Racing at the track certainly is a safer more controlled environment but it sounds as if people assume it lends no hand in the daily racing activities that happen everyday on the street. Sure, for every few that it prevents from doing it there are those that it provokes.

Just my opinion and observation but there are probably more people who fly around in the streets that frequent the track and are a part of it then don't and just what do you see happening on the roads on the way back from a big track day or event?

Not for nothing but as bad as it sounds this whole section of the forum is like 95% street races and 5% track experiences at best. In a perfect world it wouldn't happen and I don't like to see it as much as the next guy but I can't exactly tell someone else what to do when I am quilty of partaking in it from time to time myself, just about everybody on this board can say the same.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:43 PM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
(soap box) for most of us, these are daily drivers. many of the posters (with TL's) in this thread have modified their car in some respect to make more power. we all have our views and morals on when, where and how you should use that power but, come on, like you never goose it from a red light? it reminds me of Cameron's dad's car from Ferris Beuller's Day Off..."he only waxes it with a diaper". that would be great if I had, oh, say, a 900 hp GN sitting in my garage that only came out on the weekends (just a car reference, IHC!). but, I don't, and I honestly enjoy feeling what I've done to make my car more efficient. and, for the record, I'm more prone to open her up all by myself on an open stretch of freeway than to measure appendages with someone 15 years younger than me.

i won't get a ticket for speeding and I think if you get to posted speed limit as quickly as possible WITHOUT rolling the tires, you're a little farther off the radar than the civic smoking them from the light with a 100 db fart can.

i guess I'm adding to the off topic-ness of this thread. MORE STREET STORIES, INACURRATE!!!

Quick Reply: The TL Diet Videos