Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The TL Diet Videos

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by justinl401
I dont agree with this.. if I race someone and there 2 cars ahead ill keep going with hope that ill reel them in.. If I was at a higher speed I would stop but if I start the race at 50-60 and there pulling I wont stop - i'll go up to at least 4th gear or so. Just my opinion. And I have no idea what speed's the race was at I am at work and cannot view the videos.. I can however see the pictures
I guess I've been in too many street races over the years to know when I don't stand a chance. When they're walking away hard at 50mph and there's no sign on closing distance, I gave up. There was no point for me to keep going and risk and even larger ticket for my stupidity.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:25 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
^ those rotors must have gotten hot.. try real firm pressure then let off next time to give them a chance to cool before stopping... even though they probably weren't nearly as hot as a stock TL but still... just a suggestion.

That guy was a complete buffoon to fly by right into traffic. Just beware that if something were to happen you would also be accountable. You totally murdered him though.. lol.
I had that happen and it taught me a lesson. It was a quick 0-60 with a stock Mustang and I let off and tapped the brakes. I was laughing and told the passenger to "watch this". Sure enough, a couple seconds later he came by me at wide open. Only problem, he continued into traffic that was about 500' ahead, weaved in and out, and ended up spinning. Luckily he didn't hit anyone. I went by with the bird, I'm ashamed for thinking what I really wanted to do to him but I realized if he would've hit someone, our little street race that happened 10 seconds earlier would've been determined the cause. I started turning down races with some of the younger crowd after that.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Dave_B
I guess I've been in too many street races over the years to know when I don't stand a chance. When they're walking away hard at 50mph and there's no sign on closing distance, I gave up. There was no point for me to keep going and risk and even larger ticket for my stupidity.
I agree with you and I've been there before. But you have to understand, there's a whole group of people that are too dumb to be driving a car that believe whoever lets off the gas last and ends up in front wins.
Old 10-17-2009, 02:45 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
u did murder him. but im not impressed. im pretty sure those mazda 3's arent fast..

minus the mS3
Old 10-17-2009, 07:36 PM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
via motor trend, if it was a 2010, previous model in (...):

"0-to-60 time of the outgoing Mazda3 with the same trim package, at 7.6 sec (versus 8.3). The trend continues with the 3 accelerating through the quarter mile at 15.8 sec @ 87.8 mph"

not a total slouch. 2.3L is a big 4-banger.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
Originally Posted by phee
but im not impressed. im pretty sure those mazda 3's arent fast..
Tough crowd.

Peps were asking for more vids

They can’t all be Shelby, Corvette, BMW 335i.

At least I censor the many boring races with pick-up truck and tow-truck drivers.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:53 PM
Safety Car

Received 481 Likes on 290 Posts
I race pretty often. Many times it is with drivers that aim to take *me*down and I am just defending myself in many races.

So, I do have a lot of experience judging my opponent's strength. This Mazda pull pretty good. It is my opinion that if it was a 167 HP model, he must of had it modded. I do know that he was out to prove something, and usually a person is modded when they are that eager to race. Just my take on it.
Old 10-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by I hate cars
I agree with you and I've been there before. But you have to understand, there's a whole group of people that are too dumb to be driving a car that believe whoever lets off the gas last and ends up in front wins.
+2 particularly with what is in bold.
Old 10-17-2009, 10:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Inaccurate
I race pretty often. Many times it is with drivers that aim to take *me*down and I am just defending myself in many races.
It's gonna catch up with you. You'll either get caught or something horrible will happen. Texas has some of the stiffest street racing laws in the country. It's a Class B misdemeanor (that's serious), mandatory jail time (up 180 days), up to a $2,000 fine, car will be impounded, and license will be suspended. Hopefully you're retired because explaining to your boss that you can't drive for 6 months because you got caught street racing probably won't go over well

Instead of feeling the need to "defend yourself" and your ego, it's really okay to let people go and be the idiot. Really, it is
Old 10-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
^^ well stated.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Agreed! Keep all the videos coming...minus the tow trucks.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hm, true.. Typically I dont feel any car is running away from me by 60 mph.. and also I feel that the TL is still pulling where as some cars lose their pull by higher speeds. I dont think pulling in 3rd/4th is stupid I think its taking a risk the same as any other gear. Sure is alot of back and fourth in this thread, didnt this alredy happen once?
Old 10-18-2009, 11:36 AM
Team Owner

Hm, true.. Typically I dont feel any car is running away from me by 60 mph.. and also I feel that the TL is still pulling where as some cars lose their pull by higher speeds. I dont think pulling in 3rd/4th is stupid I think its taking a risk the same as any other gear. Sure is alot of back and fourth in this thread, didnt this alredy happen once?
What speed does your TL shift into 4th at? Sounds like you might be going a little too fast on public streets.

If you don't feel any car is running away by 60mph, you haven't raced anything fast. Once you run into someone that's on the other side of the intersection and disappearing from sight quickly by the time you're crossing the first paint line you'll know it's time to back off and conserve gas.

I hope you're not one of those that thinks you'll catch a 10 second car on the top end when vtec kicks in.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I do too. I agree with you...... some drivers need to stop thinking like they're the "little engine that could" and realize when a race is over........
Old 10-18-2009, 12:24 PM
I got the Shifts

Tough crowd.

At least I censor the many boring races with pick-up truck and tow-truck drivers.
oh man. i didnt mean anything from it. i just know that ur car is fast enough to spank a mazda 3.
Old 10-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
drive the M3...it pulls like a freight train on top end
Old 10-18-2009, 12:45 PM
Under construction

What speed does your TL shift into 4th at? Sounds like you might be going a little too fast on public streets.

If you don't feel any car is running away by 60mph, you haven't raced anything fast. Once you run into someone that's on the other side of the intersection and disappearing from sight quickly by the time you're crossing the first paint line you'll know it's time to back off and conserve gas.

I hope you're not one of those that thinks you'll catch a 10 second car on the top end when vtec kicks in.
lol you didn't know vtec hauls ass when it kicks in???
Old 10-18-2009, 01:46 PM
Pro

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts
you are awesome dude.
Old 10-18-2009, 01:57 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by alexSU
lol you didn't know vtec hauls ass when it kicks in???
It's like a turbo kicking in!
Old 10-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Got your mom in

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^ you forgot the red letters...

vtec is nowhere near spooling......... but then again you already know all that good stuff
Old 10-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Getting it Done

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
great car man, I like this stuff N/A is my kind of car =P I should do this to my 2G TL=\ lol, no one wants to buy it because it's salvage so ehh. Anyways nice kills and awesome pulling on that Mazda =O!

But yeah, ricer fly by... my friend does it a lot on his BMW, one we raced at around 90mph I started to catch him, but there was a car in front of him so I LET OFF THE GAS and slowed to about 80mph and let him get in front of me. When I mentioned this he told me "he cut me off" and beat me. I just shut my trap not to start a fight, I know what happened and so that's that.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:05 AM
practicing nihilist

if I do run someone from a light on the street I personally think the race ends at the speed limit...maybe just slightly above. you go ahead and keep running up to 90 in a 45, with your bright yellow and orange civic...i'm sure the cops will miss you.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by NedShneebly
if I do run someone from a light on the street I personally think the race ends at the speed limit...maybe just slightly above. you go ahead and keep running up to 90 in a 45, with your bright yellow and orange civic...i'm sure the cops will miss you.
Same here. That's why the GN is usually on slicks. 0-60 in 2 seconds and it's over. Much safer than going past 100mph on public roads. I just get scared now because even though people see brake lights, they continue with the flyby.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:22 AM
I got the Shifts

2 seconds....

damn.

where did i go wrong
Old 10-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
2 seconds.. lol.. that's insane.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:12 PM
practicing nihilist

I remember I was fearless behind the wheel until I got clipped in an intersection and flipped my truck. Same went for my bike - indestructible until some chick turned in front of me when I was doing about 55. I was fine both times but I still look both ways a couple times cruising through suspect intersections. You can't trust anyone.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Under construction

I remember I was fearless behind the wheel until I got clipped in an intersection and flipped my truck. Same went for my bike - indestructible until some chick turned in front of me when I was doing about 55. I was fine both times but I still look both ways a couple times cruising through suspect intersections. You can't trust anyone.
Even after it turns green I look both ways. One particular event scared the shit out of me, I almost got hit by some flying SUV that blew a red light.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Even after it turns green I look both ways. One particular event scared the shit out of me, I almost got hit by some flying SUV that blew a red light.
Same here.. especially late at night. I even slow down a bit coming to an intersection just to make sure traffic has stopped on both ends before proceeding.

Some stupid bitch on her cell phone merged into my turning lane this weekend. If I didn't slam the brakes and turn out while mashing my horn she would have taken my whole fender out. I rolled up to her and she's still on the phone.. unbelievable how inattentive & irresponsible some drivers can be.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:13 PM
Instructor

Shift into fourth.. not exactly sure, around 110? Racing from a dead stop at a street light and having a car take off is not what I was talking about nor have I mentioned that. I said If a car was 2 cars ahead from a 40-50 roll(figure they get the jump one car, they pull a second car) I would keep going to hopefully reel them in. As I said, if we were at a higher speed and they were 2 cars ahead I would slow down because obviously I wouldn't catch them. I was stating my opinion, I hope your not one of those people who thinks they know all and are correct about everything. Im talking about keep going when I am at 50-60 and a car is 2 cars ahead and then I catch them. Example, a wrx might get a jump if we go from 50 but by the time were at 100 I feel i can overcome that 1-2 cars that they pull. Jeez, alot of hositlity on this board.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:52 PM
eat, sleep, NGC

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Shift into fourth.. not exactly sure, around 110? Racing from a dead stop at a street light and having a car take off is not what I was talking about nor have I mentioned that. I said If a car was 2 cars ahead from a 40-50 roll(figure they get the jump one car, they pull a second car) I would keep going to hopefully reel them in. As I said, if we were at a higher speed and they were 2 cars ahead I would slow down because obviously I wouldn't catch them. I was stating my opinion, I hope your not one of those people who thinks they know all and are correct about everything. Im talking about keep going when I am at 50-60 and a car is 2 cars ahead and then I catch them. Example, a wrx might get a jump if we go from 50 but by the time were at 100 I feel i can overcome that 1-2 cars that they pull. Jeez, alot of hositlity on this board.
Meh... I didn't see any hostility in his post maybe a bit of sarcasm
Old 10-19-2009, 03:19 PM
Instructor

When I had to take my driving exam for the Postal Service, it was drilled into us to wait at least 1 full second before starting into an intersection from a stop light (or stop sign) for this very reason. Also, we were taught to "cover the brake" with our left foot in order to decrease stopping time (your car can travel farther than you realize in the time it takes to move your right foot from the gas to the brake). They probably teach this stuff in defensive driving courses.

Like many others here I used to drive like an ass when I was younger, but I learned from my mistakes and drive more defensively now. It's the other driver you have to watch out for.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DonnieDarko8221
When I had to take my driving exam for the Postal Service, it was drilled into us to wait at least 1 full second before starting into an intersection from a stop light (or stop sign) for this very reason. Also, we were taught to "cover the brake" with our left foot in order to decrease stopping time (your car can travel farther than you realize in the time it takes to move your right foot from the gas to the brake). They probably teach this stuff in defensive driving courses.

Like many others here I used to drive like an ass when I was younger, but I learned from my mistakes and drive more defensively now. It's the other driver you have to watch out for.
Exactly. Don't ever commit to the intersection for at least 1 second and even so, look both ways before entering especially with all these TL streetracers

As for driving courses, society would be a much better place if everyone took driving courses, went to auto-x schools, understood the rules of the road, driver etiquette, calm the F-down when driving, don't take things personnally, hang up the phone, etc. When my children are 16, they will attend SCCA-sponsored Street Survival classes. I'd also suggest to many of you that think you're the Michael Schumacher of the TL world to attend a $60 full day of auto-x school. You'll fall in love with your car all over again. Additionally, go to your local drag strip. Everyone thinks they're the John Force of drag racing and that thier car is a "freak" until they get handed that first slip and reality sets in. Yep, you're a pretty crappy driver and your car really isn't as fast as you thought. Beating faster cars on the street means absolutely nothing when there are legit timing devices tracking you.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:27 AM
practicing nihilist

...Example, a wrx might get a jump if we go from 50 but by the time were at 100 I feel i can overcome that 1-2 cars that they pull. Jeez, alot of hositlity on this board.
where did you mount your 300 shot of nitrous? it may be leaking into the cabin.

I'm not one of those instigators but, even though the TL is top end happy, this is impossible on an STi that has his foot to the floor. They trap the 1/4 mile over 100 mph stock, and a stock STi is very rare.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:02 PM
Instructor

where did you mount your 300 shot of nitrous? it may be leaking into the cabin.

I'm not one of those instigators but, even though the TL is top end happy, this is impossible on an STi that has his foot to the floor. They trap the 1/4 mile over 100 mph stock, and a stock STi is very rare.
thats great, I didnt mention a STI in my post though I said a WRX. I know what STI's and EVO's are capable of im not talking about trying to catch up to them after they pull a car or two. I've had both STI's and EVO's take off on me all you can do in those situations is laugh it off.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:01 PM
practicing nihilist

roger. my bad.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Inaccurate, you are one cool dude
Old 10-24-2009, 01:46 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Innac, where you racing at? Westheimer? Houston does have tough laws, but you'll rarely get arrested or anything especially during the weekends or Friday, because they are worried more about drunk drivers than race drivers even though Houston is FILLED with import racers every friday/saturday night. From Civics, to BMWs, and of course the worst cars in the world, the G series and the Nissan Z series
Old 10-24-2009, 09:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Innac, where you racing at? Westheimer? Houston does have tough laws, but you'll rarely get arrested or anything especially during the weekends or Friday, because they are worried more about drunk drivers than race drivers even though Houston is FILLED with import racers every friday/saturday night. From Civics, to BMWs, and of course the worst cars in the world, the G series and the Nissan Z series
Old 10-24-2009, 04:38 PM
J36Twingt28r's,nextgt30r

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
^^^ THAT IS PRETTY FUNNY. dude champ u were joking right?
Old 10-24-2009, 05:49 PM
Team Owner

That *may* have been aimed at Dave lol.

Quick Reply: The TL Diet Videos