Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the TL a black person's car?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the TL a black person's car?

I really wanna buy a TL, but I'm worried about the luxury status. Around my town, there are only a few Tls and all of them are driven by black people. The same with a Maxima. I more asociate a luxury car with a rich white fella.

I don't mind Asians, because I know they drive Acuras a lot. I Idon't think they hurt the Tls reputation.

Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 07-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Instructor

Well.......no?
Old 07-26-2004, 08:44 PM
Sir Chas

Man your are sick. You need to get your ass from under that rock where you live.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:48 PM
ImayBparanoidButNoAndroid

This has got to be joke. I can't beleive anyone could be this ignorant.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:49 PM
Intermediate

So what if black or asian people drive a TL or nissan? If the car suits your expectations and requirements, who cares what other people think? Any trait or quality (such as wealth or power) that a person expects to make visible through an automobile can be better shown through a person's character and actions.

I'm sorry if I've offended you by coming at your viewpoint strongly, it's just a peeve of mine because it is rampant in the neighborhood where I work. The TL is defined as a luxury car, and Acura as a near-luxury/luxury brand. I think it would be a good choice. I don't actually own one, but I've sat in one before.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry but I didn't know that AcuraTL.com was the new home of the KKK.

I don't know what it worse: the fact that you felt it was okay to post crap like this or the fact that I'm responding to it.

So Blacks driving TLs are driving down the luxury status of the Acura brand name. What's next? Too many Mercedes in Metairie (a La suburb) are being driven by Mexicans, Guatemalans, or Ecuadorians?
:sqntfawk:
dude take your crap somewhere where hooded sheets are welcomed. I shudder to see how uneasy you'll be at a TL meet in the West coast or the East coast. Better yet, when's the next Louisana meet? I'll be sure to ask one of my black-driving-down-Acura's-luxury-status-worse-than-the-tranny-issue friends to attend. If he can't come, then I'll ask my neighbor across the street. He's black I think.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
Well, when I lived in Virginia my black friend said to me "Damn Ken, what are you doing driving a black man's car?"

Take that as you will.

Personally, I don't see the TL as a car belonging to any creed/color or nation. Its designed in Ohio, built there and belongs to an international company based in Japan but with businesses everywhere.

Perhaps in your area its a "black" car but if you look a bit more you'll see people from all walks of life driving it. White, black, green with purple polka-dots.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,616 Likes on 2,195 Posts
As a black guy owning a TL, I believe you are officially a moron for posting such a thing. Thead closed.