Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tints for 05 TL

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 07:36 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tints for 05 TL

Whats up guys i'm new to the form and had a question about tints on a TL. I am in the process of getting my tints from the dealer where i bought my TL but the guy totally screwed up the job, the tint has bubbles and whenever I look at the rear view mirror it is always a fuzzy view at the traffic, especially at night!

Any suggestions on what type of tints are best? Or should I opt out of the whole deal?

Thanks.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:53 AM
Pro

How long has it been since they got tinted (date)?
Old 01-03-2006, 07:59 AM
4th Gear

December 30... and the bubbles are still there, another thing is that the guy didnt even cut the film like a professional all irregular edges on the back windows and what about the fuzzy/wavey reflection on the back windshield ?

I'm pissed off at the dealer, the sole reason why I paid them 350 was so I wouldnt have to go through all this and look where it landed me!
Old 01-03-2006, 08:07 AM
Pro

Yeah...its been more than a few days...meaning those bubbles shouldn't be there anymore. I would take it back! I took myne back after 2 days the bubbles werent gone, the tint guy told me to wait a couple more days and to park it in the sun so that the water (bubbles) would dry out, if not to bring it back and he would redo it...I followed his instructions and it worked.

Did they trim around the back break light or did they take it off and tint the whole back window? I think dealers are trained to take the break light off, but im not sure.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:14 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Acura_TL212
I'm pissed off at the dealer, the sole reason why I paid them 350 was so I wouldnt have to go through all this and look where it landed me!
Damn I paid $100 (not the dealership of course) and it under warranty for as long as I own the car. I went to the same guy when I had a 2000 civic si after owning it for 2 years the tint started to turn purple (not noticible to anyone but me of course) with no problem the guy retint it! and he does the micro-edges!
Old 01-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Cruisin'

I have the same problem with the lights of the traffic looking streaked. I thought this was just the way it was suppose to be because of the window warming lines. I might have to get it redun now. If you can get your money back I would any outside window tinter would be cheaper and have a life time warrenty.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:25 AM
4th Gear

I'm up in nyc so around now we really dont get that many sunny days but I dont think that has anything to do with bubbles or the waves in the the back, just a case of a crappy tint job. Once I get my tints done the right way i'm gona post the dealers info on here so nobody gets hustled; Most of the dealers in the 5 boroughs are hustlers regardless of what company they work for.

Yea TL2X15 I got the same problem with the lights of traffic streaks its all bull that shouldnt happen on a tint job at all especially on metalicized tints.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Pro

I'm up in nyc so around now we really dont get that many sunny days but I dont think that has anything to do with bubbles or the waves in the the back, just a case of a crappy tint job. Once I get my tints done the right way i'm gona post the dealers info on here so nobody gets hustled; Most of the dealers in the 5 boroughs are hustlers regardless of what company they work for.

Yea TL2X15 I got the same problem with the lights of traffic streaks its all bull that shouldnt happen on a tint job at all especially on metalicized tints.
Yeah I kinda figured that out when I saw the 212, take it back! my back window was fuzzy at first and than it went away after I left in the sun.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats up guys i'm new to the form and had a question about tints on a TL. I am in the process of getting my tints from the dealer where i bought my TL but the guy totally screwed up the job, the tint has bubbles and whenever I look at the rear view mirror it is always a fuzzy view at the traffic, especially at night!

Any suggestions on what type of tints are best? Or should I opt out of the whole deal?

Thanks.
There are a number of tint manufacturers like Llumar, 3M, Formula One, Madico, Solargard, Huper Optik, etc. Then you have film types like dyed, metallic, and ceramic. Last of all, the visiblility of light transmitted, in other words, how dark or light the shade is. For example, 50%,35%, 20%, 15% and 5%. Lot of the folks here use either metallic or ceramic film and the prefererence is usually 5-15% (most like 'em dark). I would not recommend getting dyed film as they tend turn purple after a couple of years. The only dyed film I would highlye recommend is the 3M CS films and it works well with Navi. Speaking of Navi, Acura recommends the use of a non-metallic film as this may degrade the GPS signals. However, there are a number of folks who have metallic film and have not noticed any degradation in signal strength. By the same token, there are a few who have had probs with it. Hence, using Formula One Pinnacle, 3M CS or Huper Optik films to prevent problems. You should use the search feature to get more info on this. One last note, the TL is prone to tint scratching and the use of "moleskin" on the inner wipers should prevent that.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:08 PM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Hawhyen51
There are a number of tint manufacturers like Llumar, 3M, Formula One, Madico, Solargard, Huper Optik, etc. Then you have film types like dyed, metallic, and ceramic. Last of all, the visiblility of light transmitted, in other words, how dark or light the shade is. For example, 50%,35%, 20%, 15% and 5%. Lot of the folks here use either metallic or ceramic film and the prefererence is usually 5-15% (most like 'em dark). I would not recommend getting dyed film as they tend turn purple after a couple of years. The only dyed film I would highlye recommend is the 3M CS films and it works well with Navi. Speaking of Navi, Acura recommends the use of a non-metallic film as this may degrade the GPS signals. However, there are a number of folks who have metallic film and have not noticed any degradation in signal strength. By the same token, there are a few who have had probs with it. Hence, using Formula One Pinnacle, 3M CS or Huper Optik films to prevent problems. You should use the search feature to get more info on this. One last note, the TL is prone to tint scratching and the use of "moleskin" on the inner wipers should prevent that.
I finally got my car re-tinted and it looks awesome the guy fixed most of the issues with the bubbles but the back window still has streaks of light and waves and according to him its due to the defogger in the back...but all in all it looks good I got 35% tints and the exterior is the metallic sand (I wonder why they stopped making this color with black interior??)
Old 01-10-2006, 12:44 AM
9th Gear

I got my tints three says back and didnt roll down the windows. Today i tried to roll down my passengerside window and it didnt work. i had to hold the button to make it all the way down and up. what happened to one touch????
Old 01-10-2006, 08:21 AM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
You may have the same problem mentioned in this thread in the 3G Garage.

K-025: Front Windows Stop Automatically
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107838