Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint Shop in Michigan Experienced with 3G TL

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006, 01:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Tint Shop in Michigan Experienced with 3G TL

I have done dozens of searches and read at least a hundred threads on tinting and I think I have it all figured out. Now I need some help finding somebody to do it right. I live in Windsor, Ontario, Canada so any tint shop within an hour or so of Detroit is fine. Recommendations please.

Based on researching this forum here is what I need the shop to do:

1. Be experienced by having done a few Third Generation TLs before.

2. Non-metallic or ceramic tint because I have the Navi and would rather be safe than sorry.

3. Moleskin for sure as the great majority on here say it is necessary.

4. I need a tint shop that won't bend the rubber down to do the install? Is this correct? It only came up a few times in the searches but it was suggested that bending the rubber down on the TL is not a good idea.

5. I'm not very clear on what they have to do with the back windshield antenna at the top. Something about even if the tint is non-metallic it just looks bad when they tint over a certain part of the back windshield and it is better to have it 'painted'. I don't understand what would be painted and how.

6. A shop that get that small rear quarter window fully tinted and not leave a portion of it untinted because of the interior design making it difficult to get to.

7. Know how to deal with the rear brake light when tinting the back windshield.

8. And my personal preference is a shop that can do somewhere between 20% and 35% tint. I'm thinking 28%. I feel like 20% is too dark and 35% is too light. I want the car to be uniform all the way around.

So any good shops in the area? Near Detroit, Windsor, even London wouldn't be too far to drive.

Thanks,
Rashid
Old 06-10-2006, 05:56 PM
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts
#5 i think they are talking about the dot matrix....
Old 06-10-2006, 07:19 PM
6MT & LSD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Look up Sunshades in Troy, MI and give 'em a call to get answers to your questions.

I don't have navi, so I went with their titanium film, which may or may not interfere with the navi. I didn't install any moleskin, and I don't have any scratches.

I've gotten 3 cars done there; my eclipse, my 3G TL, and my brother's 2G TL. Even my bro, who's meticulous about his car, is 100% happy with their work.

I'd even show you my car in person if you wanna see what 35% titanium looks like on an anthracite TL.