3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tint!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 08:05 PM
SSgt, USAF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here's 5% rear, 20% front (sorry, but pic is old)

Old 12-05-2005, 08:28 PM
My Daily Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DiaMondWhiteShiNingBright
Good luck with that buddy. Let's start a blog on how long it will take until your tints to start scratching..

Buddy good luck with your tints... Oh, and just remember... that lifetime warranty applies to the quality of the tint.... not what physical damage your car causes it Enjoy!!

Truth is, i received estimates from various places and with the installation of moleskins around the door , $325 was the norm. And i didn't want to get anything modified such as cutting the edge of the rubber.
Llumar films are the most commonly used among the tinting world.....

and it hasnt scratched yet! the lifetime warranty applies to the tint fading, cracking, peeling etc.....of course scratches and damage caused by the vehicle and/or its owner are not covered. No tint place would cover something like that.

As for the moleskin, if the job is done right, it shouldnt scratch, moleskin or not.

Nothing on my car was modified to do the tint. As for the quality of the job, he is a one man crew who does a majority of the dealerships in this area including Lincoln/Mercury, Mercedes, Audi, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Acura, etc......

Considering I work at one of the dealerships he works with, he gave me a deal, but even for customers he charges $175 for a 4 door vehicle.

Im not saying you got a bad tint job, im just saying you paid waaay too much. But thats just my so take it as you may.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:08 PM
Advanced

I disagree to your comment that the tint shouldn't scratch regardless of the moleskin or not. The fact is the layer of rubber on the doors were not created in a flexible way onto which it would allow a layer of tint to freely glide along it. In order to prevent scratching, that has to be modified, either by slicing off the edge of the rubber or applying moleskin. You paid $100 but within a given amount of time, i dunno, the debri accumulated on the edges of that rubber WILL scratch your tint.

I was being charged $100 to $150 for a normal tint job without the moleskin. And it is definitely worth it for a quailty AND lasting job. Those are my two cents.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:08 PM
My Daily Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, I guess. That just still seems awfully high for that moleskin. If it scratches, it scratches. And for the $100, i can just as easily do it again. He would only have to do the 4 windows, so probably even less than that!

I didnt realize the moleskin was another $200 though. Just seems way too much for something like that.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Cruisin'

i got 15% in front sides and 5% in the back windows. just got a speeding ticket but the cop didn't write me up for the window tinting...thank god...i paid around $280 for getting the 5 windows done.