3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those who bought their car far from where they live...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 09:10 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those who bought their car far from where they live...

Quick question for anyone who bought their car a great distance from where they live. I'm considering going out of town to buy the car in order to get a good price. Obviously I'm not going to want to take the car back to the place I got it for service or if there are problems. How receptive are local dealers in assisting with problems if you didn't buy the car from them?
As I understand it they would be happy to take my business in terms of regular service, but what if there is a quirky problem? For example, what if I start getting the flatspotting tire problem, or other vibration issues? Will my local dealer likely help me out, reluctantly help, etc?

Thanks
Old 01-19-2004, 09:38 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: For those who bought their car far from where they live...

I too will be buying my car from a dealer over an hour away and bypassing the two local Indianapolis dealers. Personally, I'm not too concerned about taking my car to another, local dealer for service. Even the quirky problems like the flatspotting, if it will exist on my car, I'm not worried about addressing with my local dealership. I think the small handful of people who have actually received new tire swaps from their dealers are exactly that - only a handful. With their own persistence with Acura Corporate along with calling mutliple dealers and relaying this info to their dealer - they got the job done. The only thing we can do is start the record on our VIN, if the problem exists, and do the legwork of calling just like these other forum members have.

I wouldn't worry about buying your car from another dealer, just my $.02.