3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For those that want LED interior lighting identical to OEM.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 12:30 AM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
I just got mine but based on your original
bulb order. It took 3 weeks to arrive here in
Vancouver. Anyways i am quite satisfied with
the setup even though I am using the bulbs that
the OP didn't like. It is certainly brighter than stock with
no flickering. I think the effect looks different on ebony
leather versus OPs lighter interior. IMO if you got ebony
with Ops original bulb order you'll be quite satisfied.
I haven't noticed any sort of greenish effect from the
interior bulbs but I JUST put them in about 15mins ago

the plate bulbs look fantastic however

anyways how's everyones LEDs holding up so far?
Any burnt out bulbs??

Last edited by Acura604; 01-06-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 946 Likes on 650 Posts
Glad to see everyone installed their LED's and are happy. I went even furthur and did more work to the fixtures themselves the focus the light a little better like how the 09 TL is. I loved the look but the large reflector was a bit too much so I closed off part of the reflector (at the overhead console) and now the light is focused directly on the front seats looks perfect. And it also gets rid of almost all the bright glare that was originally coming from that huge reflector up top. I cant get any pics yet as my car is in the shop for a air bag light that came on. Once I get the car back I will post pics so everyone can better understand what I did.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:50 AM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
hey thanks for making this thread. i did 12 wled-whp so far, i haven't done the glove box, center console and trunk yet so i can't comment on those. i think all of the leds look good and i don't have any desire to spend money on the more expensive led boards that other people are using, except for the vanity mirrors.

with the vanity mirrors the stock incandescent bulbs throw light 360 degrees so there's adequate light output coming out of the plastic lens. these leds disperse light in a forward direction so literally half of the plastic lens for the vanity mirrors are lit and the other half is dark. if any of you haven't done this mod yet try looking at the other led threads for an alternative led for these 2 lights.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:09 PM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
hey jts97z28, in the post above i used the wled-whp and those lights only throw light in a forward direction which isn't good for the vanity mirror application. when you buy the wled-whp5 or 6, those have multiple leds on 1 bulb? ...but then there isn't one that matches the color of the whp?

if any of you guys are wondering, you need 15 leds to do the entire car. for the front and rear dome lights, use a swiss army knife blade or a really thin blade. for the vanity mirrors, use a butter knife, the kind with a really rounded off and dull tip. when you look at the instructions for the vanity mirror removal, note that you slide the butter knife above the metal bezel, not in between the metal bezel and the plastic lens cover. for the front doors, u can use anything but pry the plastic lens from the side.

front doors 2
front dome lights 2
rear dome lights 2
license plate 2
backup lights 2
vanity mirros 2
glove box 1
center console 1
trunk 1

Last edited by wasupdog; 01-06-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:27 PM
WOT in the new ATLP V2s!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I'm gonna try these now. I had blue LEDs on the interior from Motoring Max and also got them for the license plate lights & those were out in 2 weeks!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by wasupdog
hey jts97z28, in the post above i used the wled-whp and those lights only throw light in a forward direction which isn't good for the vanity mirror application. when you buy the wled-whp5 or 6, those have multiple leds on 1 bulb? ...but then there isn't one that matches the color of the whp?

if any of you guys are wondering, you need 15 leds to do the entire car. for the front and rear dome lights, use a swiss army knife blade or a really thin blade. for the vanity mirrors, use a butter knife, the kind with a really rounded off and dull tip. when you look at the instructions for the vanity mirror removal, note that you slide the butter knife above the metal bezel, not in between the metal bezel and the plastic lens cover. for the front doors, u can use anything but pry the plastic lens from the side.

front doors 2
front dome lights 2
rear dome lights 2
license plate 2
backup lights 2
vanity mirros 2
glove box 1
center console 1
trunk 1
There is a fix for this. The vanity lights under your sun visors are the same as the trunk lamp fixture. What I did with amazing results was remove the WLED-WHP from the bulb holder and solder the LED to the metal leds and aim it downwards. The light output is perfect!! Also, the single WLED-WHP bulb has a very wide angle of output so it works very nicely when mounted like this. I did this mod to my trunk light and it lights up the entire trunk perfectly.

Here is the picture of what I did. It was very simple and again, turned out perfect!!

James

Old 01-06-2010, 03:57 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks JTS97Z28 for putting this post together and listing the bulbs you bought.

I bought 9 WLED-WHP and they replaced the OEM ones in the doors, interior, license plate, and trunk. I think it looks much better and its a "cleaner" looking light and it seems a bit brighter also

The only thing I would do differently is put something with more LED for the trunk. The single LED just isn't enough to light the entire trunk at night.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Blakestock
Thanks JTS97Z28 for putting this post together and listing the bulbs you bought.

I bought 9 WLED-WHP and they replaced the OEM ones in the doors, interior, license plate, and trunk. I think it looks much better and its a "cleaner" looking light and it seems a bit brighter also

The only thing I would do differently is put something with more LED for the trunk. The single LED just isn't enough to light the entire trunk at night.
My post directly above yours ^^^^^^ regarding the trunk LED fixes the problem you are speaking of. Works perfectly and is slightly brighter than the original bulb stock bulb. Its perfect IMO because you dont want it too bright to where it just doesnt look right.

James
Old 01-06-2010, 04:21 PM
dj5
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by wasupdog
with the vanity mirrors the stock incandescent bulbs throw light 360 degrees so there's adequate light output coming out of the plastic lens. these leds disperse light in a forward direction so literally half of the plastic lens for the vanity mirrors are lit and the other half is dark. if any of you haven't done this mod yet try looking at the other led threads for an alternative led for these 2 lights.

I used the V-LEDS HID White 6 LED M-SMT Flank bulbs which are perfect for the vanity, front map, trunk and license plate lights.

http://www.v-leds.com/Interior-LED/D...-p5168709.html
Old 01-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
I placed my order on December 8th and still did not receive anything. SuperBrigh LED sent me a confirmation that they have been sent but the post office seems to be messing with me. I guess I have to sit and wait and hope.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by myron
I placed my order on December 8th and still did not receive anything. SuperBrigh LED sent me a confirmation that they have been sent but the post office seems to be messing with me. I guess I have to sit and wait and hope.
Holy cow dec 8?? When I place my order I literally had the LED's in 2 days. I ordered three seperate times from them to and they arrived very quickly.

James
Old 01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
7=WLED-WHP5 white - $5.95ea (interior lights and inside trunk light)

will that be 4 for your interior (2 front, 2 back) and 3 for your trunk? so if i want to do just interior for now i'll just want 4, correct?
Old 01-15-2010, 12:12 PM
2021 RDX A SPEC

Received 308 Likes on 189 Posts
hey it took 3 weeks for my order to arrive... due to xmas rush and holidays.. problem was when they ship via USPS post there is no tracking info so just hang in there!
Old 01-16-2010, 05:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey buddy i got mine in last thursday, took them 10 days not sure why you stil havnt received them. Hopefully you will get them soon
Old 01-16-2010, 05:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
I got them the day after I posted that I didn't get them in a while haha It was due to holidays and USPS but I got them and installed them. I like how they look but drunk ppl I drive sometimes bitch they are too bright for their eyes haha