Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking of running NX

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004, 01:12 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking of running NX

im thinking of getting direct port NX system.I'm a big nitrious fan for i ran17 bottles of 75shot of zex in my 92 Prelude Si AWS with 145k miles and held up just fine.but i dont know if i can run 100shot on the J32 or will the drive-by-wire will some what be a hassel.Anyone have any tips?
Old 07-19-2004, 01:35 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
nitrious = on 04TL
Old 07-19-2004, 10:19 AM
Powered by Guinness

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AcuraTLjaTT559
nitrious = on 04TL
That was scientific. Why not?
Old 07-19-2004, 10:22 AM
SOLD

Originally Posted by Aegir
Old 07-19-2004, 10:23 AM
Powered by Guinness

Originally Posted by TheOne305
im thinking of getting direct port NX system.I'm a big nitrious fan for i ran17 bottles of 75shot of zex in my 92 Prelude Si AWS with 145k miles and held up just fine.but i dont know if i can run 100shot on the J32 or will the drive-by-wire will some what be a hassel.Anyone have any tips?
I don't think the DBW would be an issue. Just use a separate WOT switch.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:58 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Let us know how it performs, please...
Old 07-19-2004, 12:57 PM
Racer

I don't think the DBW would be an issue. Just use a separate WOT switch.

not sure what you mean by seperate WOT switch,do you mean manual switch or just use the WOT that comes with the kit
Old 07-19-2004, 01:40 PM
Powered by Guinness

not sure what you mean by seperate WOT switch,do you mean manual switch or just use the WOT that comes with the kit
The one that comes with the kit.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:26 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
I was just whoring :fingerfawk:
Old 07-20-2004, 03:06 AM
I don't have a Ferrari in

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I thought the displacement of the TL would not allow you to run a NOS system
Old 07-20-2004, 01:24 PM
Racer

Universal direct port adaptors

well the direct port fuel injector adaptor wont work on the tl.I look under the intake manifold and theres not enough room the injectors are already barely fitting.So a dry or wet shot from the intake tube seems like the only place other then tapping your intake which im not going to do
Old 07-20-2004, 02:00 PM
Powered by Guinness

well the direct port fuel injector adaptor wont work on the tl.I look under the intake manifold and theres not enough room the injectors are already barely fitting.So a dry or wet shot from the intake tube seems like the only place other then tapping your intake which im not going to do
Yep. Run it to the intake tube - should be fine for a small shot. Use an aftermarket CAI and the whole thing could be pulled out in a few hours with no obvious signs it was ever there. I'm sure there are plenty of 2nd gen A-CL/A-TL folks who've done this. A search would probably retreive some good advice and tips.

I'd get my butt kicked by the 'boss' for running NOS to such a new car , but I'd consider it a few years down the road. Hard to beat the bang for the buck.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:27 PM
You touch my tra la la...

NOS is like steroids for your engine. I think its a bad idea. Put real hardware in like a Supercharger, something that provides constant boost as an actual addition to the engine. NOS is as bad for your engine as steroids are for a person. And on top of that NOS is only a temporary boost.
Old 07-20-2004, 03:06 PM
Overlord of Networking

Yeah, But it will give you the edge against an M5
Old 07-20-2004, 03:12 PM
Racer

Not sure about the new M5 though, 500HP is a lot of friggen power. I would rather a supercharger or turbo charger myself.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GaleForce
NOS is like steroids for your engine. I think its a bad idea. Put real hardware in like a Supercharger, something that provides constant boost as an actual addition to the engine. NOS is as bad for your engine as steroids are for a person. And on top of that NOS is only a temporary boost.

NOS is always mistreated as a bad idea.like a turbo/nos your motor has limits.both setups do the samething but in a diffrent way.Turbo forces air into your motor and nos does it in a form of science.Basicly doesnt matter what you run the KEY word for most blow motor(AKA most f ck ups)is not enough FUEL.I'll say it again FUEL,and there's a key phrase MUST HAVE PROPER MIXTURE.dont have proper A/f your gonna run lean or rich.i have ran almost 20 bottles of nos on my 92 prelude with almost 150k miles and it held up just fine and i passed emissions before i sold it.my .02 about nos
Old 07-20-2004, 10:24 PM
Powered by Guinness

Originally Posted by GaleForce
This is a common sentiment, but is it accurate? Consider this: Is there really a difference (in stress and strain on internal engine components) between making 350hp with a properly configured supercharger and 350hp with a properly configured nitrous system?
Old 07-20-2004, 10:37 PM
I love cars!

Yes, as I see it. Boost from the S/C builds power gradually with RPM, while the engine is "shocked" by the shot of nitrous. Flooring your car gradually is not the same to the drivetrain as flooring it from a dead stop.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:49 PM

This is a common sentiment, but is it accurate? Consider this: Is there really a difference (in stress and strain on internal engine components) between making 350hp with a properly configured supercharger and 350hp with a properly configured nitrous system?
Yes. The SC provides a constant boost as the engine builds power up (well, RPMs anyway). The NOS takes the engine, running under NORMAL, non-boost conditions, and suddenly shocks it into one with boost. Granted, a SC gives the car boost, but the car is constantly running boost. Just like working out you can constantly work out to build your muscles, or try and do way too much way too fast when you're not normally exercising (or boosting in the case of the engine) and end up hurting yourself. I don't see suddenly boosting your engine from normal running conditions while you're driving as something that can be good for the engine. Kinda like flooring the car from a stop light. Its fun to do every once in a while, but redlining the car to the limiter isn't good for the engine.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:51 PM
I love cars!

Uhhh, GaleForce? Thanks for the backup, eh?
Old 07-20-2004, 10:54 PM

Just defending my stance since he was challenging my post .
Old 07-20-2004, 11:27 PM