Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 11:50 PM
E55>>>TLS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i agree with apnorm...its ridiculous
Old 09-20-2007, 11:52 PM
E55>>>TLS

is there even a supercharger for the 07 TL-S?? I hear the only way to get one is having it custom made. Comptech says that they're going into production for it but that won't be until next year. Any suggestions?
Old 09-20-2007, 11:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JUST GET A 335!! I HAVE ONE AND I LOVE ITTT!! dont listen to wut others say..you wont regret it..trust me
Old 09-20-2007, 11:56 PM
E55>>>TLS

Originally Posted by friskoplayer
JUST GET A 335!! I HAVE ONE AND I LOVE ITTT!! dont listen to wut others say..you wont regret it..trust me
I think i'll just wait for the 135i or the new model AWD TL-S
Old 09-21-2007, 12:01 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Do it, I have to admit with the E90 BMW finally built a complete car outside the M , that I would buy. My boy has an Alpine White 328xi and I think its sexy as hell.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:02 AM
Photographer

Originally Posted by friskoplayer
i know if i went with the 335i i would have regret it. the type-s interior is wayy better and much more pleasant. but thats just me.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:17 AM
Burning Brakes

i like the 335 interior compared to the new TL-S interior. the navi is just sexXX. the new type s handles and speed is nothing compared to the 335 ... IMO
Old 09-21-2007, 03:34 AM
Safety Car

Received 133 Likes on 129 Posts
Thumbs up 135i

Originally Posted by dr_brains510
I've had my 07 TL-S right from the beginning. When the 335i came out I really wanted to get that car b/c like someone said with the Vishnu performance it will be a monster. But just wait until the BMW 1-series comes out. It is going to be the same engine same everything the 335i has but much lighter and much faster than the 335i. You just boost the performance on that and you're done. As for the TL-S, in 2008 or 2009 I think they're coming out with a SH-AWD TL. Its going to have a new look and more power. So don't waste your money on the 07 cars. Wait a little more and you won't be disappointed with the results you'll get next year with so many cars to choose from.
YAH can't wait to see one. Totally loaded for about $37k. 0-60 5.0 stock
Old 09-21-2007, 06:55 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
135 is a joke...

Norm, you only get 60HP out of the SC for a reason, reliability... You could easily get a lot more, but Comptech has focused on a nice nominal gain that will ultimately be reliable and daily driveable.

Vishnu, like many other chipper, just sends the boost through the roof early... It's really that simple... and if you hot rod it a lot, it won't last. Sorry to belabor my old VW days, but I've spent my time hangin around the VW/BMW camps to tell you that super aggressive chip tuning like that blows stuff up, and ain't no warranty gonna cover it, period.
Nokiaman may not have had an issue, but he's yet to disclose his driving style or "length of ownership". You'll likely never have an issue driving like an adult. S

As for the 135...
You guys are crazy... Buying totally into the BMW moniker on that one.

It's only faster because there's no "car" to it, it's go cart. Tiny, cramped, and just plain not attractive. So what it's fast... So is the STi, R32, S2000, and other big engine, little car pocket rockets.

Contemplating this over the TL is like contemplating a CBR1000 or a Civic.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:23 AM
Instructor

I'm thinking of buying myself a 335 as a retirement present when I retire in June. I've Driven 335s several times and they are fast right out of the box. The exhaust makes a sound that makes you want to hear it over and over. Yes the interior is not quite up to the standard of the TL and every little option in the BMW that is standard in the TL costs quite a bit it is still a great car IMHO. Be careful there has been fuel pump problems with the 335s. Maybe that is cured in the 08s.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:54 AM
Racer

hey for 10k+ more i hope its a better, but at the same time you are getting into more expensive cars and diff categories,

if i had a choice again i might of gotten a 328xi coupe, but maybe i wouldnt, either way my TL has disappointed me at all

as someone mentioned earlier in the next year or two theres a lot of new cars coming out, if you can wait it out i would, A5, lexus IS, TL, CL coupe hopefully, and the new C class looks real sweat

agree with kennedy bmw 1 series is going to be a little shit box, the 3 series is small right now, i dont get how they make it smaller, its going to be like the A4 from 96 to whatever probably even smaller, i see it as kia with a bmw engine
Old 09-21-2007, 08:03 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
The 335i coupe manual with sport pkg 18" wheels is SO SWEET.

And as far as reliability, the 3 series is BMW's best car. NO comparison to the TL

or TL-S. Its a real sports coupe. WOW, I wish I had one now....

Looks are awesome, I have to admit. However, Consumer Reports seems to really differ with you on reliabilty, as do most of the people that I know that own one. They do seem to be improving, though.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:13 AM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Originally Posted by S PAW 1
Looks are awesome, I have to admit. However, Consumer Reports seems to really differ with you on reliabilty, as do most of the people that I know that own one. They do seem to be improving, though.
So, I know several people who own 330ci's, 335i's, 525, 550, M5s etc

BMW's are great cars for what they are, personally, a bit vanilla on the interior but I think some of us love to hate bmw for our own reasons.

With that being said, I would have to agree with S PAW and others/consumer reports in addition to SEVERAL and I MEAN SEVERAL of my friends who have ONLY owned bmw's one after another for dozens of years, who tell me the reliability is left to be desired. But we all take in some negatives with any purchase, whether it be a car or a baby bottle...there are opportunity choices and you make the decision that's right and best fit for YOU at the time of the purchase, in most cases.

Their reliability is improving though...in general.

My next car, as i've stated numerous times, will be an M5

Let's also make one thing clear, I love my TL and will keep it forever till it runs into the ground...if my financial situation were a "bit" different last april at the age of 27, I would've gotten a 335ci or if the situation was drastically different, an M5.
Old 09-21-2007, 09:55 AM
Intermediate

I used to own a 02 330ci... BMW's are good cars... but reason why I sold my bimmer 2mos ago was cause of the reliability issues. It was approaching nearly 100k... and everytime I had done something..2-3mos later..something else needs to be replaced. Luckily I'm mechanically inclined..so I was able to repair the issues myself. But I was just tired of buying parts every few months. So I sold it and got a 6spd TL... which I like more than the bimmer.... You might want to wait a lil longer as since this is the 1st yr of the e90 335i... that way they can clean up the small issues that they may have and quickly improve them for 08... Good luck...
Old 09-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I just wanted to post my thoughts on owning a BMW. I had a 330 ci and in the 3 1/2 years that I owned the vehicle the only time it saw the dealership was to get the oil changed or to pick up a new key chain. The driving experience is second to none and it got decent gas mileage to boot.
Old 09-21-2007, 08:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 236 Likes on 97 Posts
Just to update a bit, someone mentionned the fuel pumps problems earlier. They WILL be cured for 08 models.Fuel pumps problems were present on the very first production cars...

Kennedy mentionned about my driving style as well. This is my second bmw(e46.330) and I have to admit that my driving style is rather aggressive. I don't beat the shit out of my cars but I do push them pretty hard. Maybe length of ownership will tell. It's the lucky pick of the draw
To guavrap123, very nice choice of next car. I'm deciding myself weither I'll go with an E60m5 or with the new XKR!Happy ownership to all
Old 09-21-2007, 10:27 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mpressive
I just wanted to post my thoughts on owning a BMW. I had a 330 ci and in the 3 1/2 years that I owned the vehicle the only time it saw the dealership was to get the oil changed or to pick up a new key chain. The driving experience is second to none and it got decent gas mileage to boot.
After being a 'loyal' Honda/ Acura guy for more than 10 years, I was looking forward to a 3G TL but was disappointed that they stopped making the 6M for 07. My only choice was a Type-S and my 2G Type-S experience wasn't necessarily that stellar and was my worst Honda as far as reliability, fit and finish and overall engineering. My E39 was way beyond what the TL had offered me as far as driving experience. Problems so far? None. Dealer experiences, so far, way better that what Acura had offered me. I get 30mpg HWY on the M54B30 engine. And I DO take the long way home. All I can say is if I really wanted to drive a 'reliable' car I would have gotten an Accord or a Camry.
Old 09-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gauravp123
Let's also make one thing clear, I love my TL and will keep it forever till it runs into the ground...if my financial situation were a "bit" different last april at the age of 27, I would've gotten a 335ci or if the situation was drastically different, an M5.
It's funny. I love BMWs but wouldn't buy one because of the reliability issues however.... when I occasionally daydream about my 10-car garage (usually after I buy a lottery ticket), the M3, M5 and a 7 series are in there!
Old 09-22-2007, 05:06 AM
Safety Car

Post Personal Opinion

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Norm, you only get 60HP out of the SC for a reason, reliability... You could easily get a lot more, but Comptech has focused on a nice nominal gain that will ultimately be reliable and daily driveable.

Vishnu, like many other chipper, just sends the boost through the roof early... It's really that simple... and if you hot rod it a lot, it won't last. Sorry to belabor my old VW days, but I've spent my time hangin around the VW/BMW camps to tell you that super aggressive chip tuning like that blows stuff up, and ain't no warranty gonna cover it, period.
Nokiaman may not have had an issue, but he's yet to disclose his driving style or "length of ownership". You'll likely never have an issue driving like an adult. S

As for the 135...
You guys are crazy... Buying totally into the BMW moniker on that one.

It's only faster because there's no "car" to it, it's go cart. Tiny, cramped, and just plain not attractive. So what it's fast... So is the STi, R32, S2000, and other big engine, little car pocket rockets.

Contemplating this over the TL is like contemplating a CBR1000 or a Civic.

COOL, A go cart. WOW it must handle like crazy. Its not that small. Don't

need alot of room.

Don't plan on any chips.

Fast as HELL without any upgrades.

NO mods needed, has it ALL out of the box.

Very attractive, personal choice.

Cons: SO many people want it, the dealers are lovin that. Have to wait an

extra year because of this. Won't pay sticker or over.

Pro's. TOO long to list...
Old 09-22-2007, 05:10 AM
Safety Car

Post Much Improved

Originally Posted by S PAW 1
Consumer Reports show that the 3 series is MUCH better then any of BMW's

other models. And many of these problems are little things solved in warranty.

I have talked to several people on this issue.

Sure the TL is more reliable, but the new 3 series isn't as bad as people think.

Mercedes is having alot more issues and problems.
Old 09-22-2007, 05:14 AM
Safety Car

Runs HOT.

Originally Posted by aboys6spdtl
I used to own a 02 330ci... BMW's are good cars... but reason why I sold my bimmer 2mos ago was cause of the reliability issues. It was approaching nearly 100k... and everytime I had done something..2-3mos later..something else needs to be replaced. Luckily I'm mechanically inclined..so I was able to repair the issues myself. But I was just tired of buying parts every few months. So I sold it and got a 6spd TL... which I like more than the bimmer.... You might want to wait a lil longer as since this is the 1st yr of the e90 335i... that way they can clean up the small issues that they may have and quickly improve them for 08... Good luck...
YAH done alot of research on the 335i. Good idea to wait another year or so.

I don't plan on a new car until spring 09 anyway. Time to see what all other

brands will do. SO much coming in the next 18 months.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:09 AM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
COOL, A go cart. WOW it must handle like crazy. Its not that small. Don't

need alot of room.

Don't plan on any chips.

Fast as HELL without any upgrades.

NO mods needed, has it ALL out of the box.

Very attractive, personal choice.

Cons: SO many people want it, the dealers are lovin that. Have to wait an

extra year because of this. Won't pay sticker or over.

Pro's. TOO long to list...
Wierd...

I have three co-workers that just got into BMWs ( I work in DC, aka Beltway Bandits, spending your tax dollars). One's in a 335i convertible, ones in a 5 new series, and the last got a used 7 series. I mentioned the I35... they all laughed. "shitbox", "chickcar", and "shoulda been a 2 seater" were some of the temrs used.
BMW won't be selling these at MSRP, and there won't be a "line" for them.

There's more to a nice car than a 300HP motor... and that's the only Pro I see.

You're in the wrong forum arguing that JD.

... and you can never have enough mods or power. This is an enthusiast community. We drive em hard and work on em hard.
Any mods to the Civic?
Old 09-22-2007, 09:24 AM
Intermediate

YAH done alot of research on the 335i. Good idea to wait another year or so.

I don't plan on a new car until spring 09 anyway. Time to see what all other

brands will do. SO much coming in the next 18 months.
Ohh..I assumed you were in the market sooner than i thought....My mistake.. By then Im sure there will other new cars... go to www.e46fanatics.com ... There's is a section that talks about 335's (e90's) or www.e90post.com Hopes this helps....
Old 09-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Cool, good luck on your purchase man! Let us know how it turns out