3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there a High Power Water car wash in Maryland?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is there a High Power Water car wash in Maryland?

Hi guys!

I live in Germantown. Is there a car wash place in Montgomery County that uses High Powered Water to clean the car? In other words, it is only water and soap that touches the car. I was in Fairfax Viriginia over the weekend and a Shell gas station had this...I was impressed to say the least.

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2005, 09:34 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i think what you're talking about are those "touchless" car washes. they are the best in my opinion.

you pull up, park, and the poles (or arms) sprays water around the car, then soap, then sprays again for a spot free rinse. then you have 60 secs to dry your car under the heat blaster thingy. This is the best feature i like the most. (of course plus the fact that the whole wash is touchless) the dry time at those other car washes i think are too fast. 60 secs is enough time for me to pull forward slowly for it to COMPLETELY dry. i've tried it two ways, either go back and forth, back and forth in the 60 secs or drive very slowly so in the time of 60 seconds, the back bumper just got dried. ( i find that this works best)

you're talking about that right?
Old 12-12-2005, 09:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
The soaps ( chemicals ) they use in the Touchless ones is pretty harsh .. it has to be to remove the crud. This means it will also remove the wax in short order.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
The soaps ( chemicals ) they use in the Touchless ones is pretty harsh .. it has to be to remove the crud. This means it will also remove the wax in short order.
True. Also, the filters they use to clean the recycled water only partially filter the dirty water. That means that those high powered touchless washes are also spraying abrasive impurities at your car. Can't win in the cold winter unless we move to a warm climate.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:20 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vingengi
Hi guys!

I live in Germantown. Is there a car wash place in Montgomery County that uses High Powered Water to clean the car? In other words, it is only water and soap that touches the car. I was in Fairfax Viriginia over the weekend and a Shell gas station had this...I was impressed to say the least.

Thanks!
Mr Wash @ shady grove and rockville pike is supposed to be touchless. I never use it before so I cannot recommend them.

I agree with previous posts that touchless might not be a good alternative to handwash. I handwash/wax it this weekend. It's bone-chillingly cold but it's all worth it when you're done!

Old 12-12-2005, 02:41 PM
Advanced

Whatwasthat - yes you are right, I was referring to the pillars that shoot water out, so it is TRULY touchless.

KennyC - I've been to MR Wash on Shady Grove but they use "rubberrized" material that swipes at your car.

With the new 06 TL I am more apprehensive

Anyway, no doubt, washing the car with our bare hands is the best thing to do.

Man, I hope it gets up to the high 40's this weekend in Germantown, MD, so I can wash and wax.

Thanks!
Old 12-12-2005, 04:49 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
On Saturday I went down to the Mobil on 123 in Woodbridge. It's the type where you pull in and sit still while the machine goes around you. I am wary of going to Mr. Wash because, while their car wash does do a good job, your car rolls through and I'm afraid of the guide rails scratching my wheels. The Mr. Wash in Vienna is a full-serve one where you do not drive your car through, and I'm not really keen on letting them drive the car. (The one on Van Dorn Street is a Mr. Wash Express where you drive through, but the concern about the wheels remains.)

Also 93 octane was $2.29 a gallon in Woodbridge this weekend (a good 15¢ cheaper than in Fairfax County).

It may not be the ideal solution, but with the wind blowing it was simply too cold to do it myself outside, and my car was covered in road salt and crap.
Old 12-12-2005, 05:43 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vingengi
KennyC - I've been to MR Wash on Shady Grove but they use "rubberrized" material that swipes at your car.
Thanks!
That's what I thought... their tents indicate "touchless" but I thought I saw those rubber materials as I drove by.

It seems the weather this coming weekend would be the same as last...
Old 12-12-2005, 05:56 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These Touchless car washes are what gets me though the winter months. Keep in mind that these carwashes are not designed to replace a hand wash since you are receiving a high pressure blast of water, but they do a somewhat decent job of removing most of the accumulated dirt. I often find my self having to apply Meguiars Detailing spray to remove any residual dirt, especially after following snowfall (because of all the dirt and salt). Good luck in your search.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know of a touchless wash in north jersey? I live in Clifton, NJ and my NBP is now WDP with all the road salt on it. It's too cold to wash it myself and i don't think the water would even come through the hose.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:27 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,612 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Belongs in Wash and Wax, continue there. Thanks!