Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tgif

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2005, 02:37 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tgif

Today, June 24, 2005 9:32 AM some moron swirved out of a turn lane and ripped the front end of my TL completely off. I was making a left turn after I saw all incoming traffic was in the right turning lane. This truck swirves back into the main rd and smashes into my shit. The driver who hit me didn't speak a lick of English so all of my cussing and screaming had little to no effect. I was pissed. After I get out of my car, I walk over to him and ask for his insurance info but all he does is mumble a few words. I still hadn't realized he didn't speak English. This drives me completly insane so I proceed to call my GF just to vent.

This is all happening right at the intersection in front of my office so all my coowrokers are pulling in frowning at me. Let me repeat I was pissed. Finally a friend of the jerk who hit me shows up and speaks English. We all wait while the officer speaks to the witness who confirms my story that the moron swirved back into the turn lane and hit me going around 35-40 mph. His buddy continually denies his friend was at fault even after the officer shows him the skid marks of him swirving back into the main rd. He is ticketed and then we swap info.

At this point I am relieved cause I see he has State Farm. Low and behold the rep tells me just because he has a ticket doesn't mean he is at fault and I could be liable because I was making a left turn. At this point I get irate and start cussing again. I explain to the lady exactly what happened, how the witness confirmed my story, how the officer confimed it, told her I had picks of the skid marks ,etc. She then goes on to say "well do you want to file it under you pilicy?". I then scream hell no and I will get back to you with a copy of the police report.

3 hours later State Farm calls me back and explains that the driver of the truck will take full liabilty. I am now not as pissed as I was this AM, but still upset cause my baby has been scarred. TGIF

my car on the tow truck

his skid marks

the morons truck

Old 06-24-2005, 02:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts
Damn foreigners..............actually thats not true, I know plent of americans that dont know how to drive either. Sorry for your loss, I feel for you, hope you get your baby back quickly.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Sorry to hear/see that. Glad you're ok. I don't blame you for being pissed, but at least it's being taken care of. Since it's on his insurance, make sure you go to the most expensive place possible...the more they pay out, the more his insurance goes up. Good luck with everything.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:52 PM
Cruisin'

let me clear this up....

The guy in the third pic is not the dude who hit me. He is a friend who was keeping me from choking the driver of the truck. I just wished the dude could have understood the verbal lashing I was giving him after the initial crash.
Old 06-24-2005, 02:57 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
Originally Posted by dpeease
let me clear this up....

The guy in the third pic is not the dude who hit me. He is a friend who was keeping me from choking the driver of the truck. I just wished the dude could have understood the verbal lashing I was giving him after the initial crash.
He probably did understand...just acted like he didn't...
Old 06-24-2005, 03:02 PM
Team Nighthawk Member

ouch!!!!!!!!!! hope things work out for u glad your ok... i know how it feels.
Old 06-24-2005, 03:21 PM
Advanced

Well, you just made me feel a little better, as I am typing this in Paragon Acura, where they are giving me an estimate for the accident I had last night. Some idiot woman blew a U-turn (too wide), winding up behind my '05 DGP TL as I was backing into a parking spot, hitting me on the rear driver's side wheel well & bumper. Estimate is $800.00 to repaint the bumper & do the body work. After seeing your situation, I don't feel quite as bad for myself as I did a few minutes ago. Good luck with your repair!
Old 06-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Larry Geller
Well, you just made me feel a little better, as I am typing this in Paragon Acura, where they are giving me an estimate for the accident I had last night. Some idiot woman blew a U-turn (too wide), winding up behind my '05 DGP TL as I was backing into a parking spot, hitting me on the rear driver's side wheel well & bumper. Estimate is $800.00 to repaint the bumper & do the body work. After seeing your situation, I don't feel quite as bad for myself as I did a few minutes ago. Good luck with your repair!
Good deal. I do remember reading a similar stories from other posters in the past who made my door dings magically dissappear. Its gonna be a poker and liquor fest for the remainder of the weekend.
Old 06-24-2005, 05:21 PM
Advanced

man...sux to hear that....but i do feel a bit better about my own situation now seeing that how much more damage that guy did to ur car... just remember to goto a reputable bodyshop n don't get jacked up like i did in a few threads below.
Old 06-25-2005, 11:11 AM
TL 2012 SH-AWD TECH/UMBER

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If i were you i will check the front mags, cause the way you were towing could damage your mags