3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TERRIBLE experiance with Esserman International dealership...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AaronCohen
Hello,

I understand the frustration of Jorge68. I also recognize all of your comments and realize that you have a very dedicated group and a good online community. I am pleased that you all take the time and energy to pass opinions and suggestions to each other in order to support, protect, and assist your colleagues.

While I believe that everyone - customers and employees - are generally working towards a positive outcome in all situations, sometimes we have situations where events occur, or are perceived to occur, that give somebody a very negative perception of a person or an organization.

Our core philosophy at Esserman International is based on taking care of our customers and building relationships for life. From Mr. Esserman to all of our managers and employees, it is what we strive to do every day. I have hundreds of emails and surveys from customers that confirm that, for the most part, we are achieving that goal.

This post is not intended to support or deny anything stated by Jorge68, rather it is intended to thank him for bringing up the situation so that we can work to improve, as we try to do every day.

Jorge68 - All I ask is that you give us another chance to exceed your expectations. Come on back - I'll pick up your next oil change - and join me for a cup of coffee. I'm very interested in meeting you.

Feel free to contact me at the dealership at your convenience.

Thank you.

Aaron Cohen - 877-435-1276
Finally, somebody who seems to care about how angry and disappointed in the service I received. Aaron, may I ask what you at the dealership?

I'd like to thank you for the offer to pay for my oil change, but I will never give Esserman any more of my service, as long as I know that Mr. Perez works there. I refuse to put any money in his pocket in lieu of the way he treated me.

I would like to meet you though. I will give you a call on Tuesday.

Thanks for your time!
Old 05-23-2008, 10:27 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jorge68
Finally, somebody who seems to care about how angry and disappointed in the service I received. Aaron, may I ask what you at the dealership?

I'd like to thank you for the offer to pay for my oil change, but I will never give Esserman any more of my service, as long as I know that Mr. Perez works there. I refuse to put any money in his pocket in lieu of the way he treated me.

I would like to meet you though. I will give you a call on Tuesday.

Thanks for your time!
I wouldn't be too quick to think they "care"......

This individual could/should have called you direct if they really cared. His/her post is strictly "damage control."

I'm not a fan of "second chances" either - glad to see you stuck to your guns and let them know you don't plan on returning regardless..

Good luck J68
Old 05-23-2008, 11:26 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jorge68 - I look forward to meeting you. Enjoy your weekend!

Aaron
Old 05-23-2008, 11:30 PM
Pro

lol this is great.

D
Old 05-23-2008, 11:54 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
MY GUESS:
Odds are that Aaron took the time to join acurazine and comment on this matter publicy, would make me think he is the actual-real owner of the biz and wants the record straight and the negative emotions around it cleared

My comments (as some were smart enough to see the point) were meant to educate from an insiders view of what really goes on in the service dept and the possible things that can happen.
While I did NOT ever say Jorge was a punk- I was indicating a perception that older people may have of younger ones, a view backed up by other members personal experiences they shared, and the dealer may have experienced many people trying to ~pull one over~ on a coupon deal.
Sure it could all have been handled much better- like saying- we screwed up- just tell the customer that next time its regular price of xx dollars on synthetic, and we gave it to you for 30 this time as was agreed- our goof- your win, and everyone would have been happy.
Too bad life is not like that!

In return for my time and efforts at explaining the complex operations of a dealership - I get personally attacked- actual name calling (google Slander-LIABLE)- in this public forum---- thanks alleged punks!!! you proved yourself and your integrity right there!!!!

Let me rush to answer any future questions you may have---like how to bleed your brakes~!! or suggest a machine flush of the trans fluid!!! or tell you the correct torque of wheel lugs and the tightening pattern-

maybe you should change you own oil-
~alleged pansy~ cant even do an oil change!!! what an ~alleged moron~!! ( no offense meant to special-ed persons)
Does mommy still wsh your clothes?? or is it mommy in law- is that where you live rent free- .....as long as we are speculating and name calling!!!
Your both hot tempered Latin- is that PR or cubano or venezualian???
When I lived in Miami there was great differance between each national background and how they looked at others from different places- just like everywhere in the world!!!

So I didnt figure gen3 tpms into my writing example of tire pressures, because I have gen2 TL and thats not on my car. Its not the techs job to check tire pressure on oil change- so you better do it yourself- assuming you can read a tire guage without letting 5 psi out- oh wait you put all your trust in that electronic device-- now THATS a good plan~~~

At least I am trying to explain what can and does occur- without the managers knowledge or consent- techs can be testy people too
Heck, your lucky if they changed the filter (not an accusation against this dealership, just an example many have encountered and reported here on azine) and used a new crush ring on the drain plug
Wanna bet the drain plug is way past the spec 29 foot pounds torque!

Lets hope that Aaron has chatted with his staff on correct prices and fixed whatever computer glitch or staff education caused the problem, and limit customer contact regarding prices to the service writer working with the customer. once more people become involved, no one knows what was said to who

Today I got an acura mailer for 10% off things anbd free brake inspection with park brake adjustment- with fine print saying synthetic extra charge
Now I dont know what they plan on doing on brake inspection that needs synthetic (didnt say fluid flush) but IO thought it wss funny place to put it on the coupon in general. I also dont believe they would really adjust park brake on gen2 tl- its a bit of work to do according to factory method per service book!!! and my reallife experience doing it to my own car.
In My Opinion:
Jorge should accept the offer and get together for coffee with aaron to review things step by step and get an understanding of the situation from their view- and since Jorge knows so much about service- get him a job there and see what life is really like on the inside!!! bet he wont last a week~

As to the post saying the person was damage control and why didnt they call, when emotions run high- its safer to email and extend an invite to discuss in person
Phones suck for dealing with problems

I smile plenty on threads where OP is working out a problem and needs assistance and works thru whatever issue with a good attitude and gratitude for all advice an viewpoints. The ones where ~take care of it for me~ I qm toolazy to search or look in the book for my own answers to lifes basic questions,,,,
those I get riled about

The rest of these type of threads ranting complaint threads where the engine was not destroyed by techs screw up--- I will forgo from now on.
Dont PM me!!!- dont ask ANYthing of me! hows that for a deal folks!!!
F.U.!!!!
fire me from my volunteer gig
Old 05-24-2008, 01:11 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
MY GUESS:
Odds are that Aaron took the time to join acurazine and comment on this matter publicy, would make me think he is the actual-real owner of the biz and wants the record straight and the negative emotions around it cleared

My comments (as some were smart enough to see the point) were meant to educate from an insiders view of what really goes on in the service dept and the possible things that can happen.
While I did NOT ever say Jorge was a punk- I was indicating a perception that older people may have of younger ones, a view backed up by other members personal experiences they shared, and the dealer may have experienced many people trying to ~pull one over~ on a coupon deal.
Sure it could all have been handled much better- like saying- we screwed up- just tell the customer that next time its regular price of xx dollars on synthetic, and we gave it to you for 30 this time as was agreed- our goof- your win, and everyone would have been happy.

In return for my time and efforts at explaining the complex operations of a dealership - I get personally attacked- actual name calling (google Slander-LIABLE)- in this public forum---- thanks alleged punks!!! you proved yourself and your integrity right there!!!!

Let me rush to answer any future questions you may have---like how to bleed your brakes~!! or suggest a machine flush of the trans fluid!!! or tell you the correct torque of wheel lugs and the tightening pattern-

~alleged pansy~ cant even do an oil change!!! what an ~alleged moron~!! ( no offense meant to special-ed persons)
Does mommy still wsh your clothes?? or is it mommy in law- is that where you live rent free- .....as long as we are speculating and name calling!!!
When I lived in Miami there was great differance between each national background and how they looked at others from different places- just like everywhere in the world!!!

So I didnt figure gen3 tpms into my writing example of tire pressures, because I have gen2 TL and thats not on my car. Its not the techs job to check tire pressure on oil change- so you better do it yourself- assuming you can read a tire guage without letting 5 psi out- oh wait you put all your trust in that electronic device-- now THATS a good plan~~~

At least I am trying to explain what can and does occur- without the managers knowledge or consent- techs can be testy people too
Heck, your lucky if they changed the filter (not an accusation against this dealership, just an example many have encountered and reported here on azine) and used a new crush ring on the drain plug

Lets hope that Aaron has chatted with his staff on correct prices and fixed whatever computer glitch or staff education caused the problem, and limit customer contact regarding prices to the service writer working with the customer. once more people become involved, no one knows what was said to who

Today I got an acura mailer for 10% off things anbd free brake inspection with park brake adjustment- with fine print saying synthetic extra charge
Now I dont know what they plan on doing on brake inspection that needs synthetic (didnt say fluid flush) but IO thought it wss funny place to put it on the coupon in general. I also dont believe they would really adjust park brake on gen2 tl- its a bit of work to do according to factory method per service book!!! and my reallife experience doing it to my own car.
In My Opinion:
Jorge should accept the offer and get together for coffee with aaron to review things step by step and get an understanding of the situation from their view- and since Jorge knows so much about service- get him a job there and see what life is really like on the inside!!! bet he wont last a week~

As to the post saying the person was damage control and why didnt they call, when emotions run high- its safer to email and extend an invite to discuss in person

I smile plenty on threads where OP is working out a problem and needs assistance and works thru whatever issue with a good attitude and gratitude for all advice an viewpoints. The ones where ~take care of it for me~ I qm toolazy to search or look in the book for my own answers to lifes basic questions,,,,
those I get riled about

The rest of these type of threads ranting complaint threads where the engine was not destroyed by techs screw up--- I will forgo from now on.
F.U.!!!!
Old 05-24-2008, 02:15 AM
Team Owner

Nice- another younger member who shows respect for those here that take time to assist many members who have real problems- like being out of warranty but help them get a $4000 transmission for free, there are many days I save 5 grand for members here- because I know the system

If you dont like to read informative post and enter in proper discourse- piss off and read threads on tire valves half witted aznz whatever your name is~
The quote button is to make referance to certain points- not give yourself a place to gain post count
Old 05-24-2008, 07:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by TeknoKing

And Kris (fsttyms1), HEY! What's up! How's the 2G forum?
Hey hows it going. 2G is ok. Not as much drama as here thats for sure!
Old 05-24-2008, 07:43 AM
Racer

Nice- another younger member who shows respect for those here that take time to assist many members who have real problems- like being out of warranty but help them get a $4000 transmission for free, there are many days I save 5 grand for members here- because I know the system

If you dont like to read informative post and enter in proper discourse- piss off and read threads on tire valves half witted aznz whatever your name is~
The quote button is to make referance to certain points- not give yourself a place to gain post count
01tl4tl-

I've read your other posts and you seem to mean well here on the boards. While I appreciate the time you take to respond to this thread, I don't think your contributing in any way to it. I'm in no way wrong in this situation, and I think i've handled it as professional as possible.

Again, thanks for your responses, and hopefully we can move forward from this.

I still have yet to receive a phone call, email, or any sort of response from the GM, or Mr. Perez. He was quick to call a 3rd party and scream, but not to appologize.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:31 AM
Pro

You guys need to lay off of 01tl4tl. Honestly I've been in the industry before and can vouch that sometimes things happen the way he says they do. Should they...no but do they sometimes...yes. While I don't like what he says 24/7 I can certainly respect what he has to say. Because in reality its truthful even if it is some what crass.

Now to Jorge. After you meet with the GM or who ever it may be. Go in with this approach.

-Non offensive.
-Clear and concise.
-Give all relevant information and do not embelish.
-Be as objective in your language as you can be try not to use subjective language.
-Go in knowing what you want and how you want it (in this case a resolution). Also have more than 1 choice in what you want and how you want it. So be reasonable or you may run out of choices.

D
Old 05-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by don5504
You guys need to lay off of 01tl4tl. Honestly I've been in the industry before and can vouch that sometimes things happen the way he says they do. Should they...no but do they sometimes...yes. While I don't like what he says 24/7 I can certainly respect what he has to say. Because in reality its truthful even if it is some what crass.

Now to Jorge. After you meet with the GM or who ever it may be. Go in with this approach.

-Non offensive.
-Clear and concise.
-Give all relevant information and do not embelish.
-Be as objective in your language as you can be try not to use subjective language.
-Go in knowing what you want and how you want it (in this case a resolution). Also have more than 1 choice in what you want and how you want it. So be reasonable or you may run out of choices.

D
I'm going to go in exactly as i've been throughout this whole situation. I have never raised my voice, used objective language, etc.

All I want out of this is to let the owners of this company know that this guy is driving away business from their dealership.

As a business owner, I would love for this to be brought to my attention.
Old 05-24-2008, 10:27 AM
East Coast Crew

Why don't you just speak to Aaron Cohen? He's trying to make things right and I think that deserves a lot of credit.
Old 05-24-2008, 11:26 AM
AcuraEnthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I bought my TL from Esserman Miami Acura .. (the same dealer this OP posted about) and a similar situation happened to me. When you're buying the car the sales reps and everyone is extra nice.

The service department is something altogether different.

I've been going there for over 7 years and things were ok but in the past couple years or so things have gone downhill. I don't know if it's management, but even down to the reps, there seems to be a lot of tension in the service department.

My dad used to go there before to service his RL when Wayne was a service rep. He was one of the best reps and always took care of us.

Ever since we got our TL 2 years go, I went there once and have not gone back. They are very hesitant to give out loaners and sometimes makes you feel like they're doing you a favor by servicing your car. I have since been going to Rick Case Acura in Fort Lauderdale and now Pembroke Pines Acura.

I had to add to this thread because my dad and I have had bad experiences recently with their service department. I hope they make some changes.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:39 PM
Instructor

haha chill dude.. Don't get all anal about it.. If you notice people not respecting you it might have something to do with the way talk in here "whining to your mom", "half witted aznz whatever your name is", and etc..

Kudos for being helpful here, I just got tired after all your bitching essays.. When Jorge is totally right on this..

Have a nice day
Old 05-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well done, Jorge. You are totally in the right. Customer service is fast becoming a lost art....it's a shame.
Old 05-24-2008, 08:44 PM
WDP Director of R & D

[QUOTE=01tl4tl]MY GUESS:

Otherwise known as damage control....

Phones suck for dealing with problems.

Lets think about this,,,,, "phones suck for dealing with problems" - like an email can't easily send the wrong tone or be taken the wrong way due to ones writing style??? Email is great for many things. However, ANY professional will tell you if you care enough, pick up the phone...

F.U.!!!!

Normally I wouldn't respond or remotely give this type of keyboard rant the time of day but you out did yourself here 01tl4tl. You sound a lot like an 8 year old on the playground: "I'm taking my ball and going home..."

Well,,, - take care.
A few threads could use a little less sarcasm and "he he he's" for a while..

Hint: Try to enjoy the weekend and get over it, it's just a car forum.

Cheers
Old 05-24-2008, 08:48 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Jorge,

Are you talking about Miami Acura? or International Acura? They are both part of the Esserman group.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:23 PM
Team Owner

I can see why Mr Cohen extended an invitation by email to meet in person with Jorge.
While not the way to resolve things- its a good intro letter to an- in person meet.
At that point of the story- with emotions where they were on service managers part, and Mr Cohen walking into a minefield-- it was reasonable `in my opinion` to use email to initiate 1st contact, inviting Jorge to call ~at his convenience~ and come in for a personal meeting.
Better you call when you feel like it- not eating diiner or headed to work- right?

I wouldnt let them change my oil again either- but it was nice of him to offer as an opening gesture- the proverbial olive branch. My dealer offered an oil change and full detail for a screwup on my TL, I declined- but appreciated the offer itself.

This writier hopes that phone call to Mr Cohen comes soon, and the 2 can meet and perhaps figure out what happened, and Jorge can input- from the customers view- how things happened and how to prevent it.
Working the other side of the counter is very different mentality

What the service writer hears and writes down, especially on a complicated job with diagnosing a problem- and they have 1 line on a computer to translate that....

I do get too wound up- like some people do- and I didnt go name calling- I gave a perspective- for which I got called names-

I will stick to my own cars gen section here,,,we do our own maitenance- most being past warranty~
and dont visit the dealer except for that new free transmission
Old 05-24-2008, 11:45 PM
3rd Gear

MY GUESS:

In My Opinion:

those I get riled about

F.U.!!!!

You must've had a lot of time on your hands. No work?
Old 05-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by gtinmia
I bought my TL from Esserman Miami Acura .. (the same dealer this OP posted about) and a similar situation happened to me. When you're buying the car the sales reps and everyone is extra nice.

The service department is something altogether different.

I've been going there for over 7 years and things were ok but in the past couple years or so things have gone downhill. I don't know if it's management, but even down to the reps, there seems to be a lot of tension in the service department.

My dad used to go there before to service his RL when Wayne was a service rep. He was one of the best reps and always took care of us.

Ever since we got our TL 2 years go, I went there once and have not gone back. They are very hesitant to give out loaners and sometimes makes you feel like they're doing you a favor by servicing your car. I have since been going to Rick Case Acura in Fort Lauderdale and now Pembroke Pines Acura.

I had to add to this thread because my dad and I have had bad experiences recently with their service department. I hope they make some changes.
Thanks for this info. I bought my 08 at Miami Acura in February as well but haven't had to take it back for service as of yet. As you said, the sales experience was great. Maybe they will have straightened up their act by the time I do.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:48 AM
Banned

seems like everything is coming to order with the OP. His effort has yielded a response from the dealership and i bet Mr. Perez's going to be on a very short leash from here on out.

Seafoam ftw :P
Old 05-26-2008, 10:38 AM
3rd Gear

Hello Oswald Vater and gtinmia,

Thanks you for voicing your concerns regarding Miami Acura. Miami Acura is the sister store to Esserman International Acura, and has won awards for years in both the service and sales departments.

I understand and appreciate your statements, and (as I have mentioned previously in this group) I want you to know that our core philosophy is based on taking care of our customers and building relationships for life.

At the same time, I understand that you have perceived a downturn in the service that you received while at Miami Acura, and I invite you to call me so that I can put you in touch with our service manager at Miami Acura. I am sure that he would like to hear and make good on your comments, as well as attempt to earn back your business.

Feel free to call me at your convenience so that I can make the connection.

Thank you for your time.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Team Owner

Since the OP has not contacted my Cohen in regards to meeting in person, does that mean all he really wanted to do was come on azine and gripe?

As for the people with 3 post to the name- when you have been in the biz for decades, and have been here long enough to see the same stories told with half the facts over and over, then you can comment on me.

Time on my hands- well I am a writer who works from home, and with the motorcycle project about ready to ride,,,,,, you guys will be forced to use the search feature again!
Old 05-27-2008, 08:48 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by AaronCohen
Hello Oswald Vater and gtinmia,

Thanks you for voicing your concerns regarding Miami Acura. Miami Acura is the sister store to Esserman International Acura, and has won awards for years in both the service and sales departments.

I understand and appreciate your statements, and (as I have mentioned previously in this group) I want you to know that our core philosophy is based on taking care of our customers and building relationships for life.

At the same time, I understand that you have perceived a downturn in the service that you received while at Miami Acura, and I invite you to call me so that I can put you in touch with our service manager at Miami Acura. I am sure that he would like to hear and make good on your comments, as well as attempt to earn back your business.

Feel free to call me at your convenience so that I can make the connection.

Thank you for your time.

Thank you, Mr. Cohen, for your response. It's nice to know you read the posts here on Acurazine. We are most definitely passionate about our TL's! In any event, I cannot as yet comment on the service at Miami Acura one way or the other. Obviously at this point all I have to go on is what other posters have experienced and any negative experience is worth noting. I, in turn, was most impressed with my salesperson, Wilby, and the dealership's willingness to get me in the TL I wanted at the price I thought was fair. Obviously, living in Key West is enough of a distance to make sure my trips back to the dealership are not very often. However, if and when I do need to come in, I will make sure to introduce myself to you. Thank you again for your willingness to listen and respond to your customers needs and concerns.