Sponsored by:

Team Camel Organizational Chart

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 03:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Exclamation Camel stains..

Originally Posted by jobes
Okay fellow Cameleers what works best on cleaning the pillars? That is some strange material. I lightly used some Amour All on a rag for the dash and bumped the pillar leaving a streak. After it dried, it was no longer visible but I surely never will use that stuff again for the dash. But still cleaning that cloth pillar, with what?
You could try Armour All's Oxy Magic. It is a good cleaner recommended for cloth and carpet, and also vinyl and plastic. You spay it on, leave it for 5-10 minutes and then blot it off with a paper towel. Walmart has it.

I have limited experience as I just got it but it came highly recommended by a pro detailer friend. I would test it first on a small, inconspicuous spot just to be sure.

X P Ditor, Prez
TEAM CAMEL
also member TEAM NIGHTHAWK
Old 04-13-2004, 03:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Exclamation Credentials verified!

Originally Posted by Karizma
im a brand new owner of a camel interiored-TL of 3 weeks myself.....TEAM CAMEL FOR LIFE
Karizma: Your pics are beautiful. I see you took them before you even had 500 miles! Who was steering while you were shooting pics?

The rear spoiler looks very good, too. Gives it that certain look. Judicious, you might say, without being too imperious.

"Old Camels never die;
They just smell that way."

X P Ditor, Prez
TEAM CAMEL
Old 04-13-2004, 08:00 AM
Team Camel Chief Justice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fantastic! I would like to personally thank all involved with the decision to make me Cheif Justice of the Camel Court, TEAM CAMEL. The Duck Hunt shall be a blast, and don't worry, new guy always drives, I'll wear the Chaffeur hat this time. Don't get used to it though.

Thank you for the comments on the pictures, I have new ones going up any day now with the changes I already made to the car. Coming from an '03 Escalade, I thought I was going to be so dissapointed about this car. If this was out at the same time as the Caddy was last year though, I would have never gotten the Esco. The TL is off the hook.

Quick question XPDitor sir, should I be blurring out my license plate in those pics? Let me know.

P.S. The girlfriend (as much as I told her she wont be touching the car, was steering at the time

~Karizma
Team Camel Chief Justice
Old 04-13-2004, 09:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Cool

Originally Posted by Karizma
Quick question XPDitor sir, should I be blurring out my license plate in those pics? Let me know.
~Karizma
Team Camel Chief Justice
Blur the license plate? That's up to you. If you think any of your Supreme judgments (or postings) might provoke haters or stalkers :rocketwho , you might consider it.

It's not like it's private. You do drive around all day with your bare tag hanging out for all to see, right? So, what's the difference?

It's totally up to you, Yer Honor! :bowdown:

X P Ditor, Prez
TEAM CAMEL
Old 04-13-2004, 12:31 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Karizma-

Welcome aboard! As founder and Executive Vice President of TC, I must pull rank and ask that you post pictures of your girlfriend in the TL. Three-quarter rear view is preferred.

Thank you for your cooperation.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Senior Moderator

Exclamation Judgment Day Approacheth

Originally Posted by boltjames
Karizma- I must pull rank and ask that you post pictures of your girlfriend in the TL. Three-quarter rear view is preferred.
Oh, shit! Here come da' Judge! <ducking>

X P Ditor, Prez
TEAM CAMEL

PS: Don't forget the front.
Old 04-19-2004, 08:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Question Bump? Who, me?

Where have all the Camels gone?
Long time waiting.....

There's an echo in here....ere....ere...ere....ere
Old 04-19-2004, 09:21 PM
Banned

ME ME ME!!

I'm back in town!

I am a camel guy! In two Acura's!
Old 04-19-2004, 10:16 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

I'm getting lots and lots of compliments on the Anthra/Camel combo. I just put the carpeted mats back in the car and it looks so much better than with those blacks in there.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:21 PM
Team Antracite Member

I'm getting lots and lots of compliments on the Anthra/Camel combo. I just put the carpeted mats back in the car and it looks so much better than with those blacks in there.
The Black all season mats look great! Esp with our Camel interiors.

Abyss Blue Pearl/Camel/Navigation
Old 04-19-2004, 10:55 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by 2004TL_believer
The Black all season mats look great! Esp with our Camel interiors.
Just happy to have 'em out, that's all. Winter's over where I live, so no need for the rubbers anymore. The TL embroidery on the stock carpeted mats is a welcome, luxury change from the hard-winter's functional need to protect the interior from the elements.
Old 04-19-2004, 10:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Exclamation Yeah, well....

James,

We can get away with that in S. Fla because our "dirt" (sand) is the same color as our carpets! If we were in another, colder, wetter, dirtier, muckier part of the country, we might opt for the black rubber mats.

I've been looking for a simple, plain tan colored rubber mat I can put on the driver's side because that's the one that wears out after four or five years.

The only other wear I have is from Zorro's claws in the back seat and on the center arm rest.

I was looking at a TL at a closed dealership last night. They left it open. When I opened the back door, Zorro read that as an invite and jumped in, hit the slippery leather, slid across the seat, and splattered into the opposite door. I think he prefers cloth. He was slipping and sliding all over the place. I have to find a dog cover before my TL gets in.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:01 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by xpditor42
James,

We can get away with that in S. Fla because our "dirt" (sand) is the same color as our carpets! If we were in another, colder, wetter, dirtier, muckier part of the country, we might opt for the black rubber mats.

I've been looking for a simple, plain tan colored rubber mat I can put on the driver's side because that's the one that wears out after four or five years.

The only other wear I have is from Zorro's claws in the back seat and on the center arm rest.

I was looking at a TL at a closed dealership last night. They left it open. When I opened the back door, Zorro read that as an invite and jumped in, hit the slippery leather, slid across the seat, and splattered into the opposite door. I think he prefers cloth. He was slipping and sliding all over the place. I have to find a dog cover before my TL gets in.
I've got some great custom mats in my Odyssey that are quartz to match its interior and those might help you if you're looking for a rubber all-weather variant.

As for my Henry Ford quote, I meant that in a derogatory way Ford lost a significant amount of its market share in the years following the Model T due to the lack of color in its vehicles. The Model A addressed much of this, but GM got into the game in a major way with their more aggressive styling and color options. Go re-paint in anthracite and you'll see what I mean
Old 04-19-2004, 11:04 PM
Team Antracite Member

Just happy to have 'em out, that's all. Winter's over where I live, so no need for the rubbers anymore. The TL embroidery on the stock carpeted mats is a welcome, luxury change from the hard-winter's functional need to protect the interior from the elements.
I agree will pull mine in a few weeks.
Old 04-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bolt! I'm disappointed! You made a mod without letting me in on it?

Where'd you get the carpets? Acura dealer? Online? May I ask what you paid?
Old 04-20-2004, 09:18 PM
kph
Certified Geek

I am assuming he is talking about the standard carpeted mats that come with the TL. I also put in the rubbers and need to make the change soon. I think the snow season is over up here in the Great Northern Tundra....

Now, with a camel interior, some nice Persian rugs would look good, I would think.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah, it sounds like he put the regular carpeted mats in there...but black for the camel interior, which sounds good to me, too. That's why I'm wondering where from and how much.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:38 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by daviddww
*bowing low to the ground*

Am I the only one with Redondo and Camel?
Are you kidding? Most decidedly NOT. But _I_, otoh, am the only Redondo/Camel -non orange! When I first went to the showroom in January, there was a RRP/Camel on the floor. I wasn't too thrilled about the Camel, but I kinda liked it and ordered one. When I picked it up the last of March, I could tell the difference. Ewwww, was I happy. I love my Camel!
Old 04-20-2004, 11:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Question A new moon rising...

Originally Posted by R11S
Are you kidding? Most decidedly NOT. But _I_, otoh, am the only Redondo/Camel -non orange! When I first went to the showroom in January, there was a RRP/Camel on the floor. I wasn't too thrilled about the Camel, but I kinda liked it and ordered one. When I picked it up the last of March, I could tell the difference. Ewwww, was I happy. I love my Camel!
Are you saying that they changed the color Camel- that it used to be "orangie" at the beginning of the model year?

Tell me all about it.
XP
Old 04-21-2004, 12:04 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by TLGator
Bolt! I'm disappointed! You made a mod without letting me in on it?

Where'd you get the carpets? Acura dealer? Online? May I ask what you paid?
The black rubber TL mats come with the car. The camel carpeted mats are an optional accessory for the 1997 Integra RS. You need a seamstress and 14 weight spool thread, but she'll turn the "R" into a "T" and the "S" into an "L" and you're all set.
Old 04-21-2004, 12:11 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Are you saying that they changed the color Camel- that it used to be "orangie" at the beginning of the model year?

Tell me all about it.
XP
Yup Mr. Pres, it's true.

Originally, I wanted to replace my silver RL w/ebony interior with a sliver TL. When checking interior options, I was stunned to see that only the quartz and ebony were offered; I'd had it with the dull black interior (and the dust that comes with it) and I owned an Odyssey with the quartz interior (and the leather that people assume is vinyl) so those were both out

I saw anthracite and was excited that it was offered with a camel option as I'd had champagne Legend's with camel interiors that looked great. Took a test drive in the demo model and was astounded to see how 'orange' the interior was. Really bothered me and I was about to reluctantly switch to quartz when....

.....my dealer found an antracite/camel w/navi only 65 miles away. Nervously I awaited its arrival. I had hoped that the passing of time would make my mind forget the awful orange hue like a nose forgets a bad smell after a minute. About that time, I discovered this forum and saw that others had a very Tang-like feeling about the camel interior. My heart raced when I drove up to the dealer and saw the car.....woo hoo! It was gone! The orange that I saw in the demo was nowhere to be found in the car I was going to buy!

Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I had the dealer put the two cars side-by-side. Sure enough, the older demo car had a definite orange 'hue' to the headliner and carpets (moreso than the leather itself FYI) but my new 65 mile old car had good ol' beige right where it should be. Looked at the cars under both a dark 'shady' area and a bright sunshiny area.....it's a fact. Either demo cars go orange after 4000 miles or Acura made a subtle but important running change to their interior fabrics.

So....I've got a one-month old non-orange camel. You?
Old 04-25-2004, 07:15 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Saw my first Camel TL on the road today! I've only seen about 5 TL's on the road in the month I've owned mine, but today was the first Camel. Made me burn with pride. Exterior color was Ebony, but I won't hold that against him.
Old 04-25-2004, 10:43 AM
Instructor

The orange that I saw in the demo was nowhere to be found in the car I was going to buy!
Old 04-25-2004, 02:52 PM
Overlord - Team Abyss

Anyone know where to find the 04 Spy pics? They were of early TL's. However, looks like all of those pics are no longer acessible. I'd like to compare them to a new picture. I personally don't buy the "orange theory".
Old 04-25-2004, 03:32 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by ramilford
The orange that I saw in the demo was nowhere to be found in the car I was going to buy!

I lined up the older demo against my new car in bright sunshine and under shade and the orangy 'hue' that concerned me during my test drive was gone. Gone, gone, gone.

The leather likely did not change, but the headliner, plastic components, dash, and carpeting were *all* more towards a dark beige than a pungent mandarin.

When I mentioned this to the service manager, he confirmed that there were a lot of complaints in the early Camel models (was hurting sales, cars wouldn't move off lot) and that they'd made similar interior changes like this with other vehicles in similar circumstances. My dealer is my witness. I'll be happy to have him email you if you'd like.
Old 04-25-2004, 11:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Exclamation Get yer colors straight, if ya please...

Saw my first Camel TL on the road today! I've only seen about 5 TL's on the road in the month I've owned mine, but today was the first Camel. Made me burn with pride. Exterior color was Ebony, but I won't hold that against him.
We call it Nighthawk Black Pearl. Ebony is the color of an interior.

I saw a silver (SSM) TL today with the rear big spoiler in Boca. It had a bunch of kids in it who were hanging out the window staring at......me! They smiled and waived. That's the only other TL I've seen on the road but I did see 3 G35's. One of them, a silver coupe was threading thru traffic to catch up to me just to get a better look. I felt like saying, "Eat your heart out!" except that his car was looking fine also. I love that car almost as much as I do my TL. I said "almost".
Old 04-26-2004, 12:46 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

We call it Nighthawk Black Pearl. Ebony is the color of an interior.

I saw a silver (SSM) TL today with the rear big spoiler in Boca. It had a bunch of kids in it who were hanging out the window staring at......me! They smiled and waived. That's the only other TL I've seen on the road but I did see 3 G35's. One of them, a silver coupe was threading thru traffic to catch up to me just to get a better look. I felt like saying, "Eat your heart out!" except that his car was looking fine also. I love that car almost as much as I do my TL. I said "almost".
I believe we're both incorrect. The politically proper way to discuss certain car color schemes is as follows:

African Japanese Exterior.

African Japanese Interior.

You know I'm right.

BJ
Old 04-27-2004, 08:17 AM
Team Camel Chief Justice

G35's are everywhere!

I love not seeing our car everywhere......it sets us apart from the G35 I am starting to see at every single stop light......and then in my rearview... :thefinger
Old 04-27-2004, 10:04 AM
Instructor

2004 Acura TL w/Navi-5AT

2004 Acura TL w/Navi-5AT
Abyss Blue Pearl w/Non-Orange Camel Interior

You shouldn't propagate myths. There never was an orange Camel interior for the 04TL. I speak from personal, first-hand experience. The Camel interior has always been as it is.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:06 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by ramilford
You shouldn't propagate myths. There never was an orange Camel interior for the 04TL. I speak from personal, first-hand experience. The Camel interior has always been as it is.
No myth. I've seen the before / after and the Tang has been removed from the Apollo cockpit. Trust me.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:46 PM
Advanced

how do I join?

hey Boltjames-- its Matchjames..

IM SO into my camel interior and I NEVER thought I'd like it- I had every intention of EBONY ONLY but when I spied the Abyss/Camel combo? I was sold.. too many years of black, and I REALLY like the tiger maple and aluminum trim accents.. i must admit, the blue lighting is a LITTLE off with that, but I can deal.. and by NO means is it ORANGE-- I never would have gotten it if it were.

How do I join TeamCamel? LOL
Old 04-27-2004, 01:00 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by matchjames
hey Boltjames-- its Matchjames..

IM SO into my camel interior and I NEVER thought I'd like it- I had every intention of EBONY ONLY but when I spied the Abyss/Camel combo? I was sold.. too many years of black, and I REALLY like the tiger maple and aluminum trim accents.. i must admit, the blue lighting is a LITTLE off with that, but I can deal.. and by NO means is it ORANGE-- I never would have gotten it if it were.

How do I join TeamCamel? LOL
Welcome aboard matchjames!

I've had Camel interiors on every Acura I've owned (except one) since 1991 and they're beautiful against the black dash and wood trim. My 2000 RL was silver with an ebony interior and I couldn't believe how quickly it aged and showed every flake of dust. Couldn't wait to get back to a lighter color.

As EVP of Team Camel, I recognize your enthusiasm and hereby appoint thee:

Director Of Loyalty Management & Consumer Relations

Congratulations. And remember this ancient proverb:

"It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."
--Jesus of Nazareth, August 19, 0000.

Old 04-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Advanced

accck

I know that gurl gots Camel Toe.. but our interior aint PINK.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:14 PM
Advanced

oh..

and thanks for the Appointment.. I hearby pledge to maintain loyalty and allegiance to the power of TeamCamel and to crush all distractors!

i WOULD like to see it against Anthracite.. can you even get that?
Old 04-27-2004, 02:11 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Bolt I love the Camel interior, especially with the Anthracite, please post some photos of the updated colour please!!
Old 04-27-2004, 02:19 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by JeffS
Hey Bolt I love the Camel interior, especially with the Anthracite, please post some photos of the updated colour please!!
Will do......there are a bunch of 'em already posted so I'll try to pull them into a "greatest hits" package later in the day. BJ
Old 04-27-2004, 02:45 PM
Instructor

Camel is my favorite too...with Anthracite

looking good
Old 04-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by KrgTL04
Camel is my favorite too...with Anthracite
And Zaino on top! Don't forget the Zaino!

Mmmmmmm...Zaino.........
Old 04-27-2004, 03:14 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TLGator
And Zaino on top! Don't forget the Zaino!

Mmmmmmm...Zaino.........

What's up with this obsession with Zaino?...it comes up in every thread...lol

Someone, fill me in
Old 04-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Zaino is the way. The truth. The life. Also, the excellent dessert topping and all-purpose cream filler. A few very weird people evidently like to smear it on their cars, for what purpose I am not sure.

Quick Reply: Team Camel Organizational Chart