Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

switchblade & remote starters

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
switchblade & remote starters

I did a few searches and only thing came up was a thread started that asked the same questions I am asking here, but nobody replied to it. On my keychain I have the key, remote starter, which has all the functions of the stock keyless remote besides the memory for settings.

I was wondering if the remote starter can somehow be integrated into the switchblade key that is so popular.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too am curious if there is a remote started that intergarates with the stock key. Like for instance recieves 3 unlock commands it starts the car....seems easy enough....just the dang microchip in the key to overcome....enzyme how does your remote start work with the security chipped key...Do you have the spare key hidden somewhere in the car?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:15 PM
Don't feed the...WTF?

The only way to get this done would be to get a different remote start. You can buy the remots starts that allow you to keep the original keyfob, and you just hold like the lock and unlock buttons at the same time. Not sure of the exact combination, but it's something along the lines of that.

The reason that we can use the switchblade keys is because we are already getting them modded for our cars, so you would have to mod a modded key which I don't think could happen for the purpose you want.

The only other option (which nobody would have an answer for until you tried it yourself) - would be to take the internals out of the OEM switchbalde, and put your remote start internals into the case, and hoping the bottons either line up already, or that you could modify the "push points" in the switchblade to press the corresponding keys for the remote start.

Either way though, it dont look good.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:41 PM
2011 BMW 335i

Originally Posted by enzyme
I did a few searches and only thing came up was a thread started that asked the same questions I am asking here, but nobody replied to it. On my keychain I have the key, remote starter, which has all the functions of the stock keyless remote besides the memory for settings.

I was wondering if the remote starter can somehow be integrated into the switchblade key that is so popular.
Yes this can be done. Well actually I am assuming it can be done and here's why. I have a 2003 Maxima, and I got the remote start done on it, I DID NOT want a new remote though so I told the guy if I was not going to be able to use my factory remote to just forget it. They way it works on my Maxima is you have to hit the lock button twice and then the car starts, as most of you may know you still need to get in, put the key in, turn it to the ON position, or the car will shut off the moment you hit the brake to shift to Reverse or Drive for example. This is an anti-theft feature.
I have really considered getting this done on my TL but there is one thing that is stopping me, this may not be that important to you but I like the chirp my TL makes when I hit the lock button the second time, If I got this remote start on it I would not be able to hear this chirp acknowledgement because I would be starting the car by hitting the lock button twice? make sense? On my maxima, it beeps after I hit the lock button once, but not on my TL What do you guys think? Hope this info helped.
Old 08-13-2008, 10:39 PM
zaino'd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ That seems like a small price to pay to integrate your switchblade and your remote starter...
Old 08-14-2008, 01:26 AM
2011 BMW 335i

Originally Posted by jmkiang
^ That seems like a small price to pay to integrate your switchblade and your remote starter...
Yea I know, the other thing I just thought about was, I thought that in order for our factory alarm to activate we had to hit the lock button twice, I may be wrong. Does anyone know this for sure? I guess I can try to check this out tomorrow and let you all know. I will only hit the lock button once and then try to manually unlock the door and see if the alarm will still go off, I think I remember someone telling me you have to hit it a second time for alarm to activate, or I might just being confusing it to my Mustang, that one for sure worked that way.
Old 08-14-2008, 07:39 AM
zaino'd

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ I doubt that to be true. When I hit the lock button once, the little red LED starts to flash. I haven't tested it but I highly doubt Acura including a feature like this... However, Fords are a different story
Old 08-14-2008, 07:44 AM
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
It is possible, but you have to be close to the vehicle for it to even pick up the signal. What is the purpose of that then? I would rather have the car start up from a further distance so it is warmed and ready once I get to the car.