3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It sucks to be me (PICT)! Your advice will be greeatly appreciated.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2004, 04:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PeterUbers
I can't agree more ... get the kit... and if the kit ever gets scuffed up, it'll be cheaper to replace the kit piece than repaint the bumper again and again...
Do you happen to know where to get it from and how much it is?
Old 11-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what made you so sure the Camry did the damage ?
Old 11-28-2004, 04:43 PM
Advanced

i had my bumpers repainted on my old car because it had so many little scratches. the shop painted the whole thing and even painted over the sticker that shows the vehicle id number. so it was a hassle selling my car because all the buyers thought that it had a major accident or it wasn't factory bumper.

if you're getting the bumper painted make sure you have them tape up the vin sticker.
Old 11-28-2004, 04:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by matelot
what made you so sure the Camry did the damage ?
Because the Camry which was not there before I parked was right behind my car (1 inch apart) 45 min later. I am 99.9% sure this car did it.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:59 AM
Burning Brakes

A-S:

You are absolutely right! Airbrushing techniques that are being used by independent contractors who come to various dealers are way to go. I had to drop off my car at the dealer for something else and those service write guys told me that they do an amazing job for less. They asked for $250. I am trying to find out if I can talk to the actual guy directly. It probably won't cost more than $100 as you mentioned. Thanks.
Old 11-30-2004, 07:58 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
BTW, on a slightly different topic about DC. Did you know that in 2002, DC's murder rate was higher than Detroit's, nearly triple that of Los Angeles or Miami, almost four times higher than Houston's, and over six times higher than all five boroughs of New York City combined!

And those idiots in 1976 outlawed citizen-owned handguns and made it illegal to keep a loaded long gun in your own home. Not only are they violating peoples' most basic civil rights, but they're getting people killed every day for their arrogant ignorance.
Okay let me see if I get the logic here. Putting more guns in peoples hands is supposed to solve this problem

Back to the topic: I doubt the Camry owner is responsible because the culprit would have known they hit the car and would not stick around to get blamed. And yes you must have the whole bumper repainted to ensure a seemless blend.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
To TLer;

Yep. Check out Dr. Lott's studies.
Old 11-30-2004, 04:45 PM
www.drippinwet.com

Originally Posted by TLer
And yes you must have the whole bumper repainted to ensure a seemless blend.
nope, seemless blend if its airbrushed right - you cannot tell on my bumper there has been any paintwork at all
Old 11-30-2004, 04:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TLer
Okay let me see if I get the logic here. Putting more guns in peoples hands is supposed to solve this problem

Back to the topic: I doubt the Camry owner is responsible because the culprit would have known they hit the car and would not stick around to get blamed. And yes you must have the whole bumper repainted to ensure a seemless blend.
Believe it or not, they do in DC-every single car you see in DC has those ugly bumper scratches-they don't think it is not a big deal.
Old 12-01-2004, 07:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Novice
Believe it or not, they do in DC-every single car you see in DC has those ugly bumper scratches-they don't think it is not a big deal.
Man that really sucks . So basically people have a "what are you going to do about it?" attitude.
Old 12-14-2004, 02:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Novice
I live in Washington, DC suburb. I try not to go to DC as parking is nightmare there (well, too late as I did tonight). I found a good spot to park on the street. One hour later, I came out of my friend's house and noticed that a white Toyota Camry was parked right behind me (2 inches apart). Then, I found this on my car.

I wrote down the Camry's license plate #, left a note to give me a call and contacted my insurance company (Geico-they were pretty good and helpful). I know this is going to be a headache no matter what (if I get the insurance company). There is a chance I will just pay for everything.

My questions are:
1. Does this damage require repainting of the entire bymper?
2. Would you get this done at Acura dealer?
3. How much would it cost?

Well, the strange thing is that I am not as upset as I thought I would be.

Thanks for your help!

PS) Here is another close-up shot.

It really does! Geico could not come up with any info on the owner of the car who scratched my bumper. They lowered the deductable to $250 and gave me a voucher for a rental car. The estimate I got from Geico is $331. It really sucks! Why the hell should I pay for something I didn't even do?!?
Old 12-14-2004, 02:51 PM
Banned

go for the full repaint sorry about that man that sucks
Old 12-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Racer

Wow. Repaint the whole bumper, or else it'll look obvious.

Where I work, we share the lot with a daycare center and I see parents in a hurry to drop or pick up their kids. I'm terrified that one of these days someone is going to slam their door into the side of my TL.

By the way, why do parents with a child who's less than 5 years old need an SUV the size of a house?
Old 12-14-2004, 04:49 PM
www.drippinwet.com

have it airbrushed, the people who say the whole bumper has to be repainted are wrong, my bumper is proof, i've had several people look at it. and nobody could tell it was repaired, but you have to have somebody that is good to do it, not one of those traveling circus out of a pickup guys, a painter in a body shop that knows how to tint and blend