Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 01:56 PM
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 123 Posts
just brush it off... nothing u can do about it
Old 02-05-2011, 02:45 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
some guy was puling up next to me in a 328 and kept pulling up next to me, then speeding off then slowing down and kept doing that a couple time. So I just spanked his ass and he just turned at the next light.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:41 PM
US Navy Seabees

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Atran713
good evening all, I just got back from a date with my gf and some douche bags in a bmw 3 series were trying to pick a race with me. I believe that it was either the 320 or 328. Definitely saw 32X. Followed me for a good couple of lights trying to get my attention at every red light. I just wanted a nice night out with the gf after midterms and run into this. Anyways, i dont believe in street racing and feel that if people can afford to mod cars, they should be able to afford going to a track to race. If they have enough money for a bmw, then track cost shouldnt be an issue. Tl's are nice cars and i dont expect to attract the street racers in a luxury car such as this. Maybe its the fact that i have the type s? But anyways, i just ignored them and after a while longer, they just sped up and cut me off. I guess this is why the bmw brand is now known to be owned by douches. THey are nice cars, dont get me wrong, but a lot of the population that owns one do not deserve it and puts the bmw brand to shame. Sorry about all this ranting but i felt embarrassed about this happenin with the gf in the car and couldnt do anything about it except tryin to get her mind off of it.

My question to fellow Tl drivers, especially those of you with type s. Does this occur to you frequently and how would you avoid such a situation? I love my car and would not want to risk it in a street race at all. If i have the need for speed, i would just set up a track day with all the buddies for some fast drivin
Old 02-05-2011, 06:40 PM
2004 AM TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
one night i decided to race someone and we both got pulled over. that was my first and last ticket. luckily the cop didn't cite me for racing. it just leads to trouble - and unneeded wear on the car. but sometimes it's just inevitable.... just make sure you're not going against a 335i cause you'll get smoked.
Old 02-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by hotgrease
one night i decided to race someone and we both got pulled over. that was my first and last ticket. luckily the cop didn't cite me for racing. it just leads to trouble - and unneeded wear on the car. but sometimes it's just inevitable.... just make sure you're not going against a 335i cause you'll get smoked.
Good for you. Had friends who opted to race several years back, while we were still in university. Both got pulled over and instead of bragging rights they drove away with points, mandatory court appearance and a fine big enough to make even Bernie Madoff cop a grin.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I had a lot more ricers trying to race me when I had my Neon. Seems ricers are less eager to race a car they know isn't slow.

A 3G TL should beat any 3 series except the 335 and M3.
Old 02-06-2011, 03:51 AM
Former Whiner

Originally Posted by hotgrease
Old 02-06-2011, 06:22 AM
US Navy Seabees

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Babnik
I had a lot more ricers trying to race me when I had my Neon. Seems ricers are less eager to race a car they know isn't slow.

A 3G TL should beat any 3 series except the 335 and M3.

330i zhp could beat a 3G especially if the BMW is a 6MT
Old 02-06-2011, 07:57 AM
13203!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i'm still going to go ahead and say that the type-s owning members didn't get them over a base because of their increased style and comfort.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:24 AM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OP I think you made a very smart, mature choice. As some others have said already, street racing can lead to really bad consequences...especially if the other guys are willing to do dangerous stuff like cut you off.

Remember Mask one of the owners of TapouT? He died in a wreck after street racing his Ferrari:

He had a passenger too, I don't think she died but she was in bad shape.

I will say that you have more self control than a lot of people I know. I am definitely guilty of playing around on the road every now and then, but I always try to make sure it's a reasonably safe situation. To give you a frame of reference, I ran my buddy's automatic 335i on some empty back roads and was able to hold him to about a 1-1.5 car lead believe it or not. So you definitely would have taken them
Old 02-06-2011, 09:11 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm in FL/GA area and is the same sh@$#!!! I don't know what to do to avoid this. I just ignore them.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:52 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ChiCity
I have a type-s and in Chicago there are a SHIT LOAD OF RICERS. i want to enjoy my drive but i get tempted to hit the gas and show the ricers to watch who they pick on. I could care less about speeding when i'm driving and there's a guy next to me that likes to speed. But when someone that likes to speed cuts me off when there's no one in front of them...all i say is "let the games begin"
Wait, your in morton grove? I've seen your car before. I'm in park ridge.

Sorry to hijack. Back on topic.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:56 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
Them BMW guys are trying to steal our girls
Old 02-06-2011, 11:15 AM
Wants a TL. Stuck with a

Originally Posted by dontTL'em'nothing
Heres a link to a great read about a kid who just egged a guy on for street racing. i love reading this as it just shows you how stupid young kids and their cars can be. *dont worry this is pg13 safe no one dies *
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332203 if i cant have this link here feel free to delete or move to appropiate location.
That guy is a genius!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dontTL'em'nothing
Heres a link to a great read about a kid who just egged a guy on for street racing. i love reading this as it just shows you how stupid young kids and their cars can be. *dont worry this is pg13 safe no one dies *
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332203 if i cant have this link here feel free to delete or move to appropiate location.
LMAO...thanks for the link. Those guys got what they deserved. It's one thing trying to get someone to race but you really have to be a douche to verbally call them out and belittle them.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by renedcruz
Like I said before, you should've spanked him.

I'm not telling you to push your car to 80mph either on a local road, but you could've handed that guy his ass off the line, up until about 50 or 60 mph (if the road permitted), then slow down, let him pull up next to you, and laugh at him. I've done that a few times and it's a great feeling. I mean, I have a TSX with just an exhaust and an intake. Off the line, I've beaten a 325i and 328i. So imagine, you have a Type-S (3.5L engine!) Next time,
haha. i beat my friend in his tsx with intake and exhaust in my dads sonata. but ive beaten many cars in my tl. bmw drivers are the worst. the people in the 325's think they have race cars. its just funny. ricers are also funny, but most of them dont even try.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:02 PM
'That's what she said!'

Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Royik1157
haha. i beat my friend in his tsx with intake and exhaust in my dads sonata. but ive beaten many cars in my tl. bmw drivers are the worst. the people in the 325's think they have race cars. its just funny. ricers are also funny, but most of them dont even try.
Congratulations.
Old 02-06-2011, 10:34 PM
Plastic schmastic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Royik1157
haha........the people in the 325's think they have race cars. its just funny. ...
Funny, I hear people in TL's think they have race cars.......
Old 02-06-2011, 10:40 PM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyl
Funny, I hear people in TL's think they have race cars.......
What are you talking about!?!?!?!!?

we have high compression engines, Race car status!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 10:43 PM
Plastic schmastic

Originally Posted by justnspace
What are you talking about!?!?!?!!?

we have high compression engines, Race car status!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just came from cars with 21:1 compression!!! They were hardly racers either.....
Old 02-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I picked up a friend for a drive on a gorgeous evening few months ago. I was on a deserted highway; the only thing I could see were a set of tail lights well ahead of me. I guessed they could be those of a 6 series so decided to engage the car a bit to confirm my guess. Few seconds later I was taking the exit behind a BMW 645. I pull up to a red light on the right lane and the BMW (now behind me) changes lanes and pulls up next to me while trying to get my attention to race and revving his engine. Lights go green; he takes off but I didn’t bother. I pull up many seconds later next to him at the next lights. Again same scenario. At this point I am asking myself what was this idiot thinking? Especially that he was directly behind me at some point and must have noticed I was in a roaring SL55 AMG packing near 500HPs and over 510 ftlbs!!

My passenger was very disappointed at me to say the least but I would never allow myself to race on public roads.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 PM
Intermediate

haha i had the similar situation as you except my bf was in a separate car and a bmw picked on him. i decided to join in and kicked the bmws ass. went down 85mphdown a 35 street. you shouldve killed it no problem with your type-s
Old 02-07-2011, 01:37 PM
Dogmatic Dinosaur

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
You guys should try driving a clean muscle car which stands out like a sore d*ck anymore. I just blow them a kiss and drive like normal. If somebody bothers to stop and talk to me, I invite them to the local strip on Wed nights and show them my stack of high-11-second slips in the glove box, which is still pretty slow. I have never, ever been bothered with my wife or kids in the car.

I must look too old driving around in my TL. I don't think that anybody here in KC even gives a TL a second look.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 38 Likes on 37 Posts
guys just remember to call your local PDs if you see some idiot racing,weaving in and out of traffic, etc etc....heres the link if you are in NY area.

http://www.troopers.state.ny.us/Cont...p_Information/
Old 02-07-2011, 02:21 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Flyer92
I'm not a fan of street races and I don't race my 6my tl. When it comes to street-racing, the stakes are higher than what most folks perceive or realize.

If during your street race, say something goes wrong, something unexpected occurs that results in serious injury or death to either driver, passengers. Or say same death or injury to people not involved in the racing like other cars on the road or a pedestrian. There will never be enough tears or never enough sorrys that will undo the hurt. Then comes the swift yet firm legal action against you.

Do yourself, your family and everyone else a favor. Keep the ego in check, and keep the stupid racin' off the streets.

I agree completely with every word you said, my brother owns a TL and this happens to him all the time when in the Chicago area. He also does not agree with street racing plus he is married and has two little girls, he ignores all of this. He says beating another driver will never be worth more than his family J
Old 02-07-2011, 02:30 PM

Received 9,502 Likes on 6,173 Posts
Originally Posted by tiffanyyoungg
haha i had the similar situation as you except my bf was in a separate car and a bmw picked on him. i decided to join in and kicked the bmws ass. went down 85mphdown a 35 street. you shouldve killed it no problem with your type-s
Smart move.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:45 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by bebexo
i agree completely with every word you said, my brother owns a tl and this happens to him all the time when in the chicago area. He also does not agree with street racing plus he is married and has two little girls, he ignores all of this. He says beating another driver will never be worth more than his family
+1
Old 02-07-2011, 05:17 PM
10th Gear

just laugh at them being a douche and go on with your day, don't let their foolishness get to you man
Old 02-07-2011, 06:11 PM
(ノ ̄д ̄)ノ ~┻━┻

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OP, props on self control. People actually try to egg me on in my 4 cylinder 09 Accord... All I do is cruise along at my pace and/or move over. Sometimes when I change lanes, they try to change past me. Sometimes I time it out to get them "trapped" and slow down with slower moving traffic while I cruise by with traffic past them. I also notce a lot of trucks, vans, SUVs, and older cars try to egg me on...
Old 02-08-2011, 12:50 AM
JdMgIrlTyPeSgIrL

DUDE dont be ashamed of the TL TYPE S even with your GF in the car, she should be glad your not a boring kinda of guy in the base model, you purchased the Type S for a reason! You said it, BMW are linked to Douch bags, so what does the Type S say about you? Your girl will like the adventure but of course dont goiing messing with everycar all the time she with you. Oh and dont race the cars you know will beat you in front of your girl, only the ones you will win! it looks better for you in front of your girl.. take this from a girl racer, ME tl type s... ;-P
Old 02-08-2011, 04:46 AM
Ryan's loving his ATLP TL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What I say about the girlfriend. Go for it dude... In a Type S you'll hand them their asses. Also... in terms of me and what i've had in the past.

Normally since i'm the only 6MT around literally in my "county" and local region, no one tends to do anything. I think i'm intimidating or something..LOL. And there's a group of Saab Turbo kids and a group of Audi's. None of them seem to want to screw around. One time though recently some kid in a Golf Vr6 with an exhaust revved next to me and I revved right back with the roar of my ATLP. Then simply went the speed limit since it was a highly policed area and.....it kinda is winter. lol.

With my older TL base however, I got into numerous conflicts. A Celica GTS tried tailgating me (doing essentially what happened to you) and I showed him the 3.2 power. Now show your girl the real power of the 3.5 VTEC. If I could do it in my older 3.2 you sure as hell can.

I dont go out of my way to screw with people, but when they screw with me and it's a pretty dead area. I'm all for it..
Old 02-08-2011, 06:08 AM
Intermediate

Man Listen i Have a 06 TL Aspec And i spanked a couple of beamers on the BQE Expressway
Old 02-08-2011, 10:46 AM
Racer

I drive a lancer evo 10, it is a straight up magnet that makes dumb people do retarded things on the highway... it makes them cut 3 lanes just go get on the side of me to see if I want to give them a run... it's not worth it, especially on a busy highway. I mean... you can give them a run IMO but be prepared for the risks... 9 times out of 10, you already know your car is faster so what is the point...

I have cars that come up next to me and the minute I downshift and they hear that back fire pop pop pop, they know not to fk with U lol.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by tiffanyyoungg
Originally Posted by cmares2828
DUDE dont be ashamed of the TL TYPE S even with your GF in the car, she should be glad your not a boring kinda of guy in the base model, you purchased the Type S for a reason! You said it, BMW are linked to Douch bags, so what does the Type S say about you? Your girl will like the adventure but of course dont goiing messing with everycar all the time she with you. Oh and dont race the cars you know will beat you in front of your girl, only the ones you will win! it looks better for you in front of your girl.. take this from a girl racer, ME tl type s... ;-P
Wow.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Dogmatic Dinosaur

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
There is always a faster fish.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:37 PM

I LOL'ed.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Did I just get go back in time to my high school days? What is going on here haha

After this post type-s will be linked to douche bags, way to ruin it for everyone
Old 02-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Plastic schmastic

Originally Posted by myron
Did I just get go back in time to my high school days? What is going on here haha

After this post type-s will be linked to douche bags, way to ruin it for everyone
Certain types of Type-S owners anyway....
Douche factor on this forum is off the charts anyway! Just sayin'.........
Old 02-08-2011, 01:12 PM

^Sadly that's become more common over the last year.
Old 02-08-2011, 01:23 PM
BANNED

Received 2,885 Likes on 1,784 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyl
Certain types of Type-S owners anyway....
Douche factor on this forum is off the charts anyway! Just sayin'.........
hey! take it back!

j/k...i agree that some people are uh...well...yeah...

Quick Reply: Street racers ARGHH!! need advice!