Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

STI vs Vanquish O_o

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STI vs Vanquish O_o

i was in irvine friday nightwith some friends cruising PCH trying to see if wed spot any nice looking exotic cars. we had driven up and down PCH a couple of times and we had no luck just as we we doing our last run ( for those of you who live in irvine it was heading South infront of Crystal Cove) when very very slowly a nice looking car creeped up on the right lane somehow we didnt see this car at all though until it was right next to us i guess our hopes of finding anything werent high so we really werent checking for cars anymore anyways im riding in the back seat and say " HOLYHELL ITS AN ASTON" right as my friend driving looks over the aston takes off like hell my friend quickly downshifts and floors it just enough to catch up to him ( right after the Aston floored it he sorta slowed down and waited for us) we catch up to him and the aston speeds up but doesnt floor it my friend being cautious not to get a ticket is deciding on what to do all while this aston martin is slowly pulling away finnaly my friend decides to floor it and just as hes about to floor it a car from the opposite lane high beams us i quickly tell my friend to slow down knowing what it means and tell him to flash the aston as well we were going up a small hill and right after we got over it sure enough there was a cop on the side of the road with some one pulled over we both passed the cop at about 10mph over the speed limit but not enough for him to care. shortly after we hit town and street lights and the aston makes a left and gives us a thumbs up as we do the same.
Old 02-14-2007, 04:41 PM
now with four rings

sweet! i think aston martins are one of the nicest cars on the road...would LOVE to own one sometime in the future...

so since you started a story about an aston, i've been holding one in for a few weeks now...
i was driving home for lunch during my break a few weeks back...passing cars on a 5-lane road (3 lanes on my side)...after getting out in front of everybody, i move into the very left lane and look in my rearview mirror....ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE! ....holy shit, i couldn't believe it...first time i had ever seen one in person, but recognized the front of the car instantly! ...so i keep driving, watching to see if he's gonna fly by me...we come up to a light where i turn left to go home and he turns in the same direction...he's two cars behind me...i make my left and get in the left lane...keeping my eye on my passenger side mirror, i see him coming up fast in the right lane....VROOOOOOOOOOOOM! ....he goes flying by me, exhaust sounding badass...it was a Vantage6, black....so we pull up to another light...i'm behind him and he's got a yellow porsche 911 turbo with black rims and a decent inset on them in front of him...light turns green, they both take off...i try and keep up as best as i can, but am watching their race more than anything...the two-lane road quickly becomes one lane and just as the aston was going to pass the porsche, he had to move over....best race i've ever seen!

then the other day i saw an aston martin vantage8, silver, driving in the opposite direction of me during my lunch break...his exhaust sounded amazing!

didn't mean to hijack your thread, but thought this was the best time to share aston martin stories... i would have loved to of been in your car that night he was messing with you guys...at least no one got pulled over...
Old 02-14-2007, 06:57 PM
03' NBP TL-S

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn I want a STI.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:32 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Leo Type-S
damn I want a STI.
You can have the STI and I'll take the Aston Martin.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:50 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rimz
sweet! i think aston martins are one of the nicest cars on the road...would LOVE to own one sometime in the future...

so since you started a story about an aston, i've been holding one in for a few weeks now...
i was driving home for lunch during my break a few weeks back...passing cars on a 5-lane road (3 lanes on my side)...after getting out in front of everybody, i move into the very left lane and look in my rearview mirror....ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE! ....holy shit, i couldn't believe it...first time i had ever seen one in person, but recognized the front of the car instantly! ...so i keep driving, watching to see if he's gonna fly by me...we come up to a light where i turn left to go home and he turns in the same direction...he's two cars behind me...i make my left and get in the left lane...keeping my eye on my passenger side mirror, i see him coming up fast in the right lane....VROOOOOOOOOOOOM! ....he goes flying by me, exhaust sounding badass...it was a Vantage6, black....so we pull up to another light...i'm behind him and he's got a yellow porsche 911 turbo with black rims and a decent inset on them in front of him...light turns green, they both take off...i try and keep up as best as i can, but am watching their race more than anything...the two-lane road quickly becomes one lane and just as the aston was going to pass the porsche, he had to move over....best race i've ever seen!

then the other day i saw an aston martin vantage8, silver, driving in the opposite direction of me during my lunch break...his exhaust sounded amazing!

didn't mean to hijack your thread, but thought this was the best time to share aston martin stories... i would have loved to of been in your car that night he was messing with you guys...at least no one got pulled over...
You sure teckademics wasn't at it again filming another mischief movie? jk...

I had almost the exact same thing happen to me, except instead of an Aston Martin, it was a Ferrari and we were on a deserted road in the middle of the day when he first pulled up. I was almost shitting myself when I saw it next to me at the light and I rolled my window down and told him how I loved his car. I wanted to play around with him just because I wanted to stare at the car (which meant I'd have to try and keep up ). We both floored it when the light turned green and by the time I even had a chance to get to about 3k rpm in 1st, he was already GONE... after that, he was toying with me and letting me have my fun and keep with him as best I could, but he made it VERY clear how much faster his car was... lol... sorry to hijack your thread... it's just that the rich driver in your story reminded me of a non-pretentious owner of a supercar that once I met on the road... I love nice people like that
Old 02-14-2007, 10:52 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by speedbawlinTL
You sure teckademics wasn't at it again filming another mischief movie? jk...
haha, now that would have been awesome...i wouldn't have gone back to work that day and gotten fired if that were true....would have followed (er kept up) them around the best i could...

i've seen ferraris around here too often to be impressed with them anymore...now if an enzo pulls up, that's a different story...even lambo's aren't rare anymore...but an aston is definitely an eye-catcher for me...shit, i'd also like to see a TVR drive-by sometime...i'd probably piss myself if that happened...

okay, this thread has officially been hijacked...
Old 02-15-2007, 02:56 AM
Instructor

hahaha i dont mind the hijacking of the thread i just wanted to get this out of my system and tell some one other than the people who were with me and saw it
Old 02-15-2007, 02:41 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I saw a Ferrari 360 Modena on the highway he had his top down, he wasn't going to far but it sounded like he was, never realized how loud the exhaust is on those cars.