Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stay Away From DCH Montclair Acura!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Slicker Than Your Average

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay Away From DCH Montclair Acura!

Those bastards at DCH Montclair Acura have been giving me the run around ever since Saturday. Check out my original thread for more information. Basically, they scratched the crap out of my new 2007 Acura TL and haven't gotten it back to normal even after two tries. I'm meeting with the General Manager, Sales Manager, and Service Manager tomorrow to check out my car. I've been calm with them so far, but tomorrow will be my fourth time at their dealership within a week and I'll be flipping out if my car isn't 100% fixed. Everyone, save yourself the headache and stay away from DCH Montclair Acura. Oh yeah, Acura Client Services hasn't done anything for me either. They're freakin' worthless. I'm so fed up with this crap that it isn't even funny. Then Acura wonders why they can't compete with the big boys who actually care about their customers.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Race Director

Wow I always figured they were good since the site sponsors them. However though as far as acura making scratchs accidents happen at all dealerships. Hopefully it will all work out.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
I would not be standing for any of the shit..

I hope that you showed the dealer all of the problems listed above before you left.

I was going to buy a TL at Montclair Acura when I lived in Parsippany, NJ

but i ended up buying from Park Ave Acura, great place HIGHLY recommended

Also let us know what they say tomorrow stay calm explain eveything to them, take in a letter that states the inital problems that you had, and then the additional prolems that you had after you went in. Note the dates and times you were there and what was or was not done. This appears very professional and you can CC Acura CS with this as well. Make sure you get the names of the people that you deal with and report any further incidents with ACS.

Good luck and remember be professional stay calm and explain your situation

desper
Old 05-02-2007, 07:54 PM

Yes, accidents happen, but they haven't done crap to keep me happy or fix my freakin' car. All they keep doing is trying to rub "compound" on my car when all it does is keep light from hitting the scratches. I keep telling them that the scratches are deeper than that but it's like they're brain-dead or something. They say they'll fix it, but they return my car in the same condition. Seriously, my car better be fixed tomorrow or I'm writing to local media organizations. This is freakin' ridiculous.
Old 05-02-2007, 08:08 PM

They scratched up my car on Thursday (4/26/07) so I left it there so they could fix it. They called me on Friday (4/27/07) saying that my car was fixed and I could pick it up. When I got there, it looked the same and still had the scratches. They said they’d fix it again. I go back on Saturday (4/28/07) after they call me and tell me to come get my car and when I get there it still has the scratches so I speak with one of the managers and he tells me that he’d call me on Monday (4/30/07). Surprise, surprise … Monday comes and no call. I call him on Tuesday (5/1/07) and my car still has the scratches and he wants me to let them try to fix it one more time. He tells me to come in on Thursday (5/3/07) and everything should be fixed to my liking. We’ll see tomorrow, but I doubt they did anything.
Old 05-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Originally Posted by Trackruner228
Wow I always figured they were good since the site sponsors them. However though as far as acura making scratchs accidents happen at all dealerships. Hopefully it will all work out.
i was thinking the same thing as i'm looking at the big ad while the webpage loads....
Old 05-02-2007, 10:09 PM
01 CL_S SMR

The only reason I clicked on this thread was to see if anyone actually came to the rescue of DCH Montclair, i half expected a flame war to already have happened but I guess not...I wonder if they read this
Old 05-02-2007, 10:10 PM
TL SL ML :)

Fox 5 Problem Solvers ...I have to say my experience with Acura as a whole is overwhelmed by the minor issues I've had with my car and the manner in which they were attended to so much so that I regret buying the TL over a Lexus ES350

Lexus sales people are more understanding, polite, willing to help and provide MUCH better service then anything acura provides(least more then Precision Acura)...maybe its just my luck of the dealer/particular car but as of right now I'm very disappointed and any survery I get in the mail will be filled out POOR across the board to make the point, in addition to my calls into ACS to file complaints

I apologize to all those to whom I recommended Precision Acura....STAY AWAY from them!
Old 05-02-2007, 10:16 PM
I (don't) whine.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i agree, acura client services are absolutely WORTHLESS. they'll listen to you vent, thats it. i love my TL, but definitely last acura for me
Old 05-03-2007, 02:33 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wow...every time I read one of these it makes me sick! Not because I went thru some personal drama with them, but because I have always been a stickler for professionalism! You know, doing your job with the best of your ability. If you work at BK and it is your job to make the hamburgers, hook up a good burger! If you are a cab driver, know where you are going, so I can get where I'm going! If you are a dealership, show some courtesy and loyalty to the people that keep you in business! After you buy the car, THAT is when the true salesmanship should come in! Because if you keep your customers happy, and not have them feeling like hey, I got your money, now fuck you, beat it...then they tend to recommend more people and come back for their next car! I see an awful lot of Acura not getting that in these threads. I love my car, but I wanna love my dealership too...after all, at some point in time, I gotta deal with them again for service, parts, etc.

I hope you are ok today SLICK, but please try to keep your head. You can catch more flies with sugar than salt! Plus, these people will have an excuse NOT to deal with you if you geek out on them. So be cool, just don't be a fool! Document everything! When they see you being a professional, they will have to take you serious, and not treat you as some loud mouth punk! That is always a reason for them to say "This meetings over", and force you to achieve your goals otherwise!
Old 05-03-2007, 04:58 AM
07 tl-s in

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
sucks man,i'd be pissed. stay away from springfield acura also. open road seems the best in the area. i also thought dch wasn't bad.i deal with them at my job(we monitor their alarm system) and they're always pleasant but i didn't ever buy or service a car there so you know better than i do. good luck i hope all goes well........
Old 05-03-2007, 05:57 AM
Racer

I used to wonder why the majority of high end cars I see are from Park Ave. dealerships. I guess the service gets them. DCH montclair hasn't been helpful in my tire pull issue, interior squeaks, and all these small annoyances. The service manager changed twice since the time I bought my car until my last visit there. so that goes to show the competency.

do I regret my lease with DCH montclair? yes, if it wasn't for the decent monthly price, I'd have gotten an ES myself. everyday this TL reminds me build quality is getting worse by the second.

OP: I'm def checking my car every time I get out from "service". the last time they techs left off a few lugnuts. WHO DOES THAT?
Old 05-03-2007, 07:22 AM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For all those talking about the ES350 they're trannies are worse than the 2nd Gen TL and Lexus is not owning up to the responsibility with that issue. I can't complain about Park Avenue but Ramsey and Open Road seem to be the best all around in service and professionalism in the area.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:34 AM
Burning Brakes

To the OP...Im sorrie to hear that they wont do the simple repairs involved in making you satisfied...What.. they need to change out a few pieces of plastic on the interior to fix those scratches, and maybe repaint those areas where they scratched the body? I dont see whats so complicated for these dealers.......they probably are brain-dead....
On a side note....When we went shopping for a car, Acura bragged to us how they were better than lexus and ya di ya di ya...We go to lexus and state "hey, how come you dont offer as many standard items as acura for a similar price" Their response, after the salesman has a chuckle. "They are not on the same level as us. We are here for our customers, whereas they are there for the quick buck. We charge more, but we give more" Ive heard of many examples where Lexus goes above and beyond, more so than Acura....Not to knock on Acura, but damn, most of these dealers need to step up their game (their are some good ones out their, but its tooo hard to find).

Back to the point....I would probably start a thread asking to boycott DCH Acura, and show that to them (DCH Acura) after you get people posting on it...Hell Ill sign up on that (even thou im in chicago). Maybe the power of the people may get their brains working again! Best of luck to you!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:26 PM

I went to DCH Montclair Acura today and those bastards returned my car back with the old scratches and some new ones. The exhaust paint is still peeling off and the C-pillar enclosure still looks the same. They said that I'm being anal and I should just take my car back and enjoy it. What the heck should I do now?!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Did they at least replace the interior parts they F*ed up? I hope you took before pics, cuz if you persist more, i can hear them saying "it was like that". Obviously they dont want to take responsibility...So threaten them with a lawyer (not necessary to hire one). I would go back and ask them to fix it...They will obviously try to send you on your merry way, but at that time, bust out the ole camera and start takin pics of the car and one of the manager..At this time, the manager will be like "wtf...why you takin pics" and you just state, "oh, i talked to my lawyer, and he told me to take pics in your presence, We're going to proceed from here" HOpefully he cries and fixes the scratches at this point....This method may be a bit extreme.......

Alternate, try another dealer...Show them tbe before pics, and see if they will good will repair your scratches. Explain to them that DCH messed up and wont fix...I would hate to be in your situation...Best of luck!
Old 05-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Instructor

I only read the first few post because I got NO sleep last night. but here is my 2 cents on this. Acura sucks when it comes after the sale support. Nothing on first had experience but 2nd hand stories. I love my 06 TL but this will be my last Acura because you need not just a good car but after the car sale support as well. Looking at the the Lexus G's... sexy car.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:55 PM

They told me that if I don't pick up my car by tonight they will put it out on the street and whatever happens to it happens to it. WTF!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by S L I C K
They told me that if I don't pick up my car by tonight they will put it out on the street and whatever happens to it happens to it. WTF!

Time to hit up the Better Business Bureau
Old 05-03-2007, 01:03 PM
01 CL_S SMR

That would piss me off! Me and that dealership would have it out!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:14 PM

can you say.......LAWSUIT!
Old 05-03-2007, 01:23 PM
Instructor

You need to get Acura corporate involved. Their helpline might be worthless so it might take some time. Like someone else mentioned take pictures ASAP.

Submit a complaint to your local BBB and to the state attorney's generals office where the corporate office resides.

In each case Acura corporate will be contacted by those two entities and your case will then be handled by someone who authority to take care of you and not someone trying to shrug you off in a call center.

It might take six weeks but if the dealer refuses to help you then document everything. I imagine you will come out ahead in the long run.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:33 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow....wouldnt it have been easier for them just to replace it instead of spending multiple man hours fixing it..Wow...I'm speechless ..Yeah get the BBB involved.. Looks like its time Help Me Howard
Old 05-03-2007, 01:49 PM
Intermediate

SLICK, can you post some pics of your car?
we all can have a better understanding of it by looking at some pics.

oh, tell the managers at the dealership that you will do anything to make them pay for what they've done to it including calling BBB, filing a lawsuit,etc...
I'd be pissed to hell if this happened to me.
Good luck..
Old 05-03-2007, 01:54 PM
B A N N E D

Kinda sorta off topic, however, had an issue w/them as well. I drove from Maryland to them (2+ hrs) during the week in mid-Jan this year to buy a car.
Long story short, false advertising of a car I actually wanted (blk/blk/6MT/Navi)and to date, still have the advertisement up on MSN.

Hence, reported them to BBB and under investigations.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by blazinginder
Fox 5 Problem Solvers ...I have to say my experience with Acura as a whole is overwhelmed by the minor issues I've had with my car and the manner in which they were attended to so much so that I regret buying the TL over a Lexus ES350

Lexus sales people are more understanding, polite, willing to help and provide MUCH better service then anything acura provides(least more then Precision Acura)...maybe its just my luck of the dealer/particular car but as of right now I'm very disappointed and any survery I get in the mail will be filled out POOR across the board to make the point, in addition to my calls into ACS to file complaints

I apologize to all those to whom I recommended Precision Acura....STAY AWAY from them!
I've been going to Precision for 2 years now without a problem. Every dealership will have its issues sometimes and not everything is going to be perfect 100% of the time, even at Lexus.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:02 PM
RacinLife

I went to DCH Montclair Acura today and those bastards returned my car back with the old scratches and some new ones. The exhaust paint is still peeling off and the C-pillar enclosure still looks the same. They said that I'm being anal and I should just take my car back and enjoy it. What the heck should I do now?!
YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME!!! CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT! YOU KNOW HOW YOUR CAR LOOKED BEFORE GOIN IN THERE AND YOU KNOW HOW IT SHOULD LOOK NOW. WE ALWAYS GO OUT OF OUR WAY TO KEEP CUSTOMERS PLEASED, DID YOU GET A SURVEY? IF YOU DID GET A SURVEY LET ME KNOW!
Old 05-03-2007, 02:09 PM
Intermediate

Based on your account of what has happened, I agree with the other posters that it is time to ratchet things up a notch. I would put together as pleasant a letter as you can force yourself to write, spelling-out all of your experiences so far. Include dates and the names of the people you were dealing with (especially the person who said they were going to leave your car on the street). Quote exactly what was said to you where necessary. Send that letter by trackable means to the owner of the dealership, the GM, your sales person, the service manager, and Acura corporate. It might cost you some FedEx fees, but I would be shocked if it does not bring some much needed attention to your complaints.

Any dealer can mistakenly scratch interior and exterior parts of someone's car. Think about how many cars go in and out of there everyday. It's a shame, but it happens. The key is owning-up to the problem and getting it fixed to the customer's satisfaction. Also, from your description of some of the dealer's comments, they are being rude and unprofessional. That is not something that consumers need to tolerate.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:20 PM
Burning Brakes

I would suggest you to make a thread called "Disheartend DCH Acura customers"...have ppl post on it...submit it to BBB, submit it to the attorney generals office, submit it to DCH Acura, Acura corporate.... That way, they all get the message that its not just one person having a problem with DCH....
Old 05-03-2007, 02:22 PM
RacinLife

good Idea.....
Old 05-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Intermediate

To the OP:

Sorry to hear about your bad string of luck with DCH. I always thought that they were one of the good dealerships. My fiance has gotten 3 cars thru them, but apparently, they have been thru some changes. I was actually at Bill Vince's Acura in Bridgewater finishing up the deal on my car, when my fiance's saleperson just so happened to walk by. He told me that he left there, and it was going thru a change. Not sure if it was in ownership, manager, or whatever, but he got the F outta there. Definitely call the BBB, NJ Dept of Consumer Affairs, and one of the tv stations. We did that with a furniture store, and we got a positive response right away. Oh yeah, and talk to a lawyer. One phone call should clear that up. Nobody likes lawyers...

Good Luck.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by LuvMyTSX
I've been going to Precision for 2 years now without a problem. Every dealership will have its issues sometimes and not everything is going to be perfect 100% of the time, even at Lexus.
The guys in the Service area aren't the issue...its more so the sales end, they aren't willing to work with the customer, this is just from my experience through probably 10 visits in the past 1.5 months after getting the car

I've been with lexus since 2000, so for 7 years, and never had any issues like the ones I'm having with this car/dealer

Simply put I'm fu*king pist after this whole experience....
Old 05-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Racer

I love when a pissant at a dealership makes a general statement like, "We'll put it on the street and whatever happens happens."

They're so fucking liable for that it's sick that someone states otherwise.

I hate to say it, but I will not buy acura again not only because of my endless customer service issues, but the endless list of them on here.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SuperStar

To S L I C K ---- If you do pick up your car, make sure you pick up the INVOICE stating what work was done on the car (i had issues with this, where a body shop didnt give my sister and I the invoice form and then legally stole our car), and when you sign, write by the signature that you are signing under DIRESS (spelling?). Shit, write a paragraph next to the damn signature explaining how pissed you are and what you are pissed at..That way, when it goes to any sort of arbitration, they cannot say "You signed it so it means you were satisfied"
Old 05-03-2007, 05:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by blazinginder

My personal experience w/ Lexus is opposite of your experience. The salesman at my local dealer ( back when I was in the market in 2005) was the most arrogant SOB I ever encountered. He was even worse than the BMW salesman. Acted like he was doing me a favor. It's too bad too because I was impressed with the ES330 at the time and but for his pompous attitude, I most likely would have been driving the ES.

Lexus does have its share of not owning up to certain QC issues. Do a quick search and you'll see.

IMHO- every dealership should be judged on a case by case basis. Not every Acura dealership delivers crappy customer service just like not every Lexus dealership offers stellar service.

To the OP- I agree w/ others- start the documentation process and start contacting people.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:36 PM
East Coast Crew

Ive never had a problem at DCH Montclair Acura.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by SuperStar
I love when a pissant at a dealership makes a general statement like, "We'll put it on the street and whatever happens happens."

I hate to say it, but I will not buy acura again not only because of my endless customer service issues, but the endless list of them on here.
More likely than not- your going to hear more about issues on this site, especially since its a enthusiast community as opposed to a bunch of threads on awesome dealerships.

Too bad you have received such crappy service!
Old 05-03-2007, 05:48 PM

I went back to the dealership with my father and spoke with the Sales Manager (the one who told me he'd park my car out on the street) because the General Manager wasn't there. We went back and forth for about ten minutes and he still wouldn't agree to fix the new scratches. He insisted that the old scratches are the best that they’re going to get and I should be happy with them. So once you get a scratch on your car there’s no way to really fix it and make it look like new? WTF? Then he said that "a blind man would be happy to see those scratches." WTF? At about this time I had enough. So my father tells him that if he isn't willing to work with us then maybe we'll get better results with the BBB and the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs. Then I showed him the copies of my complaints that I filed with the BBB and the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs. You should have seen his face. It was like a deer in headlights. Then he started saying that he'll fix everything, even the new scratches, until I'm completely satisfied. He told me to mark off where all of the scratches are and he’ll get them fixed. He’s also replacing the C-pillar enclosure with a new one. On our way out to see my car we saw the Service Manager (the same one as before) and the Sales Manager goes, “They’ve filed some paperwork, but they’re willing to let it go if we make them happy.” They say my car will be ready on Tuesday so we’ll see if they get everything right this time around. I’ve marked off where all of the scratches are so it shouldn’t be too hard to fix them. ACS didn’t really do anything to help me, so I would like to thank everyone who offered advice in this thread, the BBB, and the NJ Division of Consumer Affairs for helping me out. I hope everything is fixed on Tuesday and I can walk away from this and DCH Montclair Acura forever. Oh yeah, needless to say this will definitely be my last Acura.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Instructor

What a basterd they are. You pay good money and playing you around. What an ass these people can be. Good move, by showing them your paper. Good Luck. Keep us update.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:10 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by ggesq
My personal experience w/ Lexus is opposite of your experience. The salesman at my local dealer ( back when I was in the market in 2005) was the most arrogant SOB I ever encountered. He was even worse than the BMW salesman. Acted like he was doing me a favor. It's too bad too because I was impressed with the ES330 at the time and but for his pompous attitude, I most likely would have been driving the ES.

Lexus does have its share of not owning up to certain QC issues. Do a quick search and you'll see.

IMHO- every dealership should be judged on a case by case basis. Not every Acura dealership delivers crappy customer service just like not every Lexus dealership offers stellar service.

To the OP- I agree w/ others- start the documentation process and start contacting people.
In fact I dont think I could agree anymore at all with this statement then I already do. Some dealerships are going to be great but others arent and thats with any car company. I personally love my acura dealer they are great. Everyone I have ever talked to whos had an acura said they loved the dealer experience. I have also heard some not great things about the Lexus dealer here.

I also love how theres this thread bashing DCH and at the top of the website it says "Shop with our sponsor DCH Montclair Acura."

Quick Reply: Stay Away From DCH Montclair Acura!