3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speeding Tickets... How to help you.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 08:34 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
HMM I just gut pulled over yesterday, 46 in a 30.

The part of the road I got pulled over at is right at the bottom half of a hill where you'd pretty much have to be SLAMMING on the brakes to not get up to that speed at that part of the hill.

I was going maybe 30-35 at the top of the hill and started going down, getting on the brakes a little bit, but still managed to get up to speed and come around the corner just in time to see the cop sitting there.

It seems like it was a trap and he could (and probably did) pull people over there all day long.

Do you think I should postpond the court date and hope for the no show, then argue my valid case (IMO)?
Old 06-19-2007, 08:42 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by KSuchdeve
Do you think I should postpond the court date and hope for the no show, then argue my valid case (IMO)?
Should that be "then" or than?

If it is then...you don't have a valid case. If it is than...yes!

It is hard to get a continuance. I did it and got one. I told the judge that I never received the notice in the mail for the trial (in MD, you get a ticket from the cop, have the option to pay, or do nothing and in a month or two you will get a court date in the mail). So, he gave me a new trial date. Worth a shot. But under no circumstances should you enter the courtroom and say that you could not stop, unless you have an equipment workorder for your brakes to present to the court! If not...see batdude's post above for the expected Judge's reaction to that bull <cough> shit! Hahahahaha...good luck man!
Old 06-20-2007, 08:45 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HMM I just gut pulled over yesterday, 46 in a 30.

The part of the road I got pulled over at is right at the bottom half of a hill where you'd pretty much have to be SLAMMING on the brakes to not get up to that speed at that part of the hill.

I was going maybe 30-35 at the top of the hill and started going down, getting on the brakes a little bit, but still managed to get up to speed and come around the corner just in time to see the cop sitting there.

It seems like it was a trap and he could (and probably did) pull people over there all day long.

Did you get pull over by a state trooper, motocycle policy or local policy? From what i hear from my friends, if you get pull over by state trooper or motocycle policy, you are unlikely to win because that all they do.

I don't know this is true or not. my friend said if you are paying for a ticket by mail, send the check with extra amount of money. (ex: ticketed $300, sent the check $302). When the court office sent the check bad with the difference, don't cash it. My friend say this way your point won't get taken off. again i don't know if this is true or not, i have never try it.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:22 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
darksom1:

First congrats on getting out of the ticket.

Although, as it has been stated, every state/municipality is different, here's a little trick that works down here in the Great Banana Republic of South Louisiana -

People have been taking their tickets to the Parish (County for the real world) D.A.'s office and sitting down with an Asst. D.A. to "discuss" the ticket. For the most part, tickets can be "negotiated" down to a seat belt fine, if the original offense wasn't too severe.

I got a 60 in a 45 dropped to a seat belt violation last year.

gurney
Old 06-20-2007, 10:36 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
darksom1:

First congrats on getting out of the ticket.

Although, as it has been stated, every state/municipality is different, here's a little trick that works down here in the Great Banana Republic of South Louisiana -

People have been taking their tickets to the Parish (County for the real world) D.A.'s office and sitting down with an Asst. D.A. to "discuss" the ticket. For the most part, tickets can be "negotiated" down to a seat belt fine, if the original offense wasn't too severe.

I got a 60 in a 45 dropped to a seat belt violation last year.

gurney
This must be something they just do in the south. That's where the references to that type of negotiating keep coming from. Sounds good tho...a couple of times I wish WE had Sheriff Taylor (Andy Griffith) to haggle with! Hahahahaaha!
Old 06-20-2007, 01:12 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ezland00
Did you get pull over by a state trooper, motocycle policy or local policy? From what i hear from my friends, if you get pull over by state trooper or motocycle policy, you are unlikely to win because that all they do.

I don't know this is true or not. my friend said if you are paying for a ticket by mail, send the check with extra amount of money. (ex: ticketed $300, sent the check $302). When the court office sent the check bad with the difference, don't cash it. My friend say this way your point won't get taken off. again i don't know if this is true or not, i have never try it.
Here, we have State Troopers, Tallahassee Police Department and Leon County Sheriff's, not to mention Florida Wildlife control which has more power than any of them. It was a TPD that pulled me over and afterwards he turned around and went to the exact same spot he was at, so I would say this was all that guy was doing too.

I really don't get what you're saying about the other part. I doubt that will get points taken off your license by sending a few extra dollars.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:27 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I really don't get what you're saying about the other part. I doubt that will get points taken off your license by sending a few extra dollars.
Basically what he is trying to say is that your disposition, or case outcome, will not be posted on your record until the logistics error (overpayment) has been re-imbursed to you. Which, is total bullshit and a myth that has been proven wrong! Try it if you don't believe me, becuz if you are guilty anyway, what have you got to lose?
Old 06-20-2007, 11:38 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dark im jealous as hell of you lol... i have court in a couple months... racked up a huge fine... 12 points (100 in 40) yikes... and all that other BS. my lawyer said that for $1000 he can reopen one of my old tickets (got 4 points) take it to 0 pts (no pts on license) and plead not guilty to my most recent offense and take those points down... so i wont lose my license (i know some of you are thinking i should) but it was an empty road.. anywho, for a grand, plus probably the amount of the tickets (which is like 800 ) i wont lose my license, but depending on how many points knocked off i get, i will probably get a rise in my insurance.

im going to see if there is anyway to make it a spedometer malfunction, my bro got one of those after doing 120... idiot lol and he pretty much walked away.

i wish i could have a friend go to court for me and let me know if the cop will be there LOL then i could just go hoping for a no show LMAO
Old 06-20-2007, 11:45 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by fant0m_TL
dark im jealous as hell of you lol... i have court in a couple months... racked up a huge fine... 12 points (100 in 40) yikes... and all that other BS. my lawyer said that for $1000 he can reopen one of my old tickets (got 4 points) take it to 0 pts (no pts on license) and plead not guilty to my most recent offense and take those points down... so i wont lose my license (i know some of you are thinking i should) but it was an empty road.. anywho, for a grand, plus probably the amount of the tickets (which is like 800 ) i wont lose my license, but depending on how many points knocked off i get, i will probably get a rise in my insurance.

im going to see if there is anyway to make it a spedometer malfunction, my bro got one of those after doing 120... idiot lol and he pretty much walked away.

i wish i could have a friend go to court for me and let me know if the cop will be there LOL then i could just go hoping for a no show LMAO
Damn, where you been hiding? I think you should plan on the worst happening, so everything that does happen is gravy!! Damn...a grand!...I see Tein SS coilovers...headstart on the Legend wheels...nice clearbra...I see a lot of shit dawg...I know you mad than a mofo, so Imma stop f'kn with you about it, hahahahahahaha...But keep your head up kid, ya live and you learn! Oh yeah, one other thing...the fact that it is a high priced fine might mean dude will show up, so whatever you do...keep the lawyer! Sounds like you need him fa sho!! (fingers crossed for ya! )
Old 06-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by darksom1
Damn, where you been hiding? I think you should plan on the worst happening, so everything that does happen is gravy!! Damn...a grand!...I see Tein SS coilovers...headstart on the Legend wheels...nice clearbra...I see a lot of shit dawg...I know you mad than a mofo, so Imma stop f'kn with you about it, hahahahahahaha...But keep your head up kid, ya live and you learn! Oh yeah, one other thing...the fact that it is a high priced fine might mean dude will show up, so whatever you do...keep the lawyer! Sounds like you need him fa sho!! (fingers crossed for ya! )
thanks man... lol in all honesty ive been hiding because im so pissed about it lol... i hate coming on here now knowing that i cant enjoy my TL until all this crap is over with. i know i messed up, and i admit to it, and im not looking for a way out, just a break... lol im not THAT bad of a guy haha - but yeah, im keeping the lawyer just in case. thanks for the good luck!!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:53 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

thanks man... lol in all honesty ive been hiding because im so pissed about it lol... i hate coming on here now knowing that i cant enjoy my TL until all this crap is over with. i know i messed up, and i admit to it, and im not looking for a way out, just a break... lol im not THAT bad of a guy haha - but yeah, im keeping the lawyer just in case. thanks for the good luck!!
I don't think there is ANYBODY, I mean ANYBODY...on here, or if your name is Pac-Man Jones, that has fucked up...and would not want the hook-up! I would! Hahahahaha!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:07 AM
Registered Losers

my advice, stay with the pack and you wont get a ticket.

Burn the corners easy on the straights.

Burn up hill slow at the top survey. Then Burn downhill.

When trucks line the middle lane. Burn past them. They wouldn't be there if it was hot up ahead.

watch what the truckers do.

When its raining Burn also. Just dont do it when it just starts to rain or you will slip.

wherever there are medians on both sides burn the road again.

Never stay in your extreme left. Thats like asking for it. unless there is traffic.

If you can burn as much in the center then do it.

nowadays especially south much dummy cars with no one in it. Scarecrow tatics.

Watch for the hide and seek where snakes hide in the exit lane behind the truck.

Nowadays the snakes arnt in the grass there in the trees (overpass) picking you off from way out so watch your entry ramps and overpasses.

just my experience.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:16 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Damn thats really moving. Were you on some country road and just happened to get tagged at the wrong time?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:26 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Originally Posted by subinf
Damn thats really moving. Were you on some country road and just happened to get tagged at the wrong time?
ordinarily when i do stupid stuff like that, its on a country road, because i live in the country (grew up in Milwaukee but moved here a couple years ago) - anyway - it is usually busy, but it was real late at night, and there wasnt a car in sight... till i crested the hill and saw the sqaud. i did a lap before that (kinda like FnF) and he wasnt there, so he must have just parked.

i havent told the rents - i live with them while i go to college, because they are the type to take it personally, so i dont want to make it worse... it happened late last week - didnt wanna do it before bed and didnt wanna do it over fathers day weekend... so im waiting. i go to the lawyers office on friday, and maybe if i can get the ticket down to like 20 over ill tell em... but right now im just worried about them - i hate dissapointing them like that.

at any rate, i shouldnt have done it and im being a man about it and accepting/admitting to it... just seeing if i can catch a brake. im 19 working full time going to school full time and starting my own business... im really not a bad guy lol... i just do dumb stuff.... sometimes...

hopefully it works out - i guess things could be worse - but im hoping for the best... but expecting the worst - if that makes sense.

damn - and to make it worse, they showed me a clip on the news how in CA the cops are towing cars that are used for drag racing and crushing them in front of the owners LOL - talk abou twisting the knife!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:31 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

i havent told the rents - i live with them while i go to college, because they are the type to take it personally...at any rate, i shouldnt have done it and im being a man about it and accepting/admitting to it - but im hoping for the best... but expecting the worst - if that makes sense.
Then don't tell them. You a grown man, so do what grown men do...handle it! Unless the $1K becomes a cashflow problem affecting other things...why you have to say anything? It's not even about being deceptive, it's just manning up and handling it and squashing it!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:34 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Then don't tell them. You a grown man, so do what grown men do...handle it! Unless the $1K becomes a cashflow problem affecting other things...why you have to say anything? It's not even about being deceptive, it's just manning up and handling it and squashing it!
nah cash-wise i have it... shiiit lol i just got a new client worth about 2k LOL - not to brag, but im alright with $$... its just respect - me living under their house and then the insurance ... we all have the same insurance agent... they are bound to find out.

not to mention im checking the mail everyday for all the other layers soliciting letters, etc. im sure they will find out eventually ... i just feel an obligation for them to find out from me first
Old 06-21-2007, 12:41 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

nah cash-wise i have it... shiiit lol i just got a new client worth about 2k LOL - not to brag, but im alright with $$... its just respect - me living under their house and then the insurance ... we all have the same insurance agent... they are bound to find out.

not to mention im checking the mail everyday for all the other layers soliciting letters, etc. im sure they will find out eventually ... i just feel an obligation for them to find out from me first
Same insurance? Oh yeah, that's different! I agree! You might get your ass kicked now! Hahahahahahahaha...(j/k dawg)
Old 06-21-2007, 12:48 AM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

Same insurance? Oh yeah, that's different! I agree! You might get your ass kicked now! Hahahahahahahaha...(j/k dawg)

shiiit... lol idk man... the way im looking at it... shitz gonna suck right NOW... but time passes on, and the world still spins, and ill be alive for that... laymens terms = life goes on....

one day ill be able to look back on this and laught... one day - in about 10 years LMAO
Old 06-21-2007, 12:53 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
ordinarily when i do stupid stuff like that, its on a country road, because i live in the country (grew up in Milwaukee but moved here a couple years ago) - anyway - it is usually busy, but it was real late at night, and there wasnt a car in sight... till i crested the hill and saw the sqaud. i did a lap before that (kinda like FnF) and he wasnt there, so he must have just parked.

i havent told the rents - i live with them while i go to college, because they are the type to take it personally, so i dont want to make it worse... it happened late last week - didnt wanna do it before bed and didnt wanna do it over fathers day weekend... so im waiting. i go to the lawyers office on friday, and maybe if i can get the ticket down to like 20 over ill tell em... but right now im just worried about them - i hate dissapointing them like that.

at any rate, i shouldnt have done it and im being a man about it and accepting/admitting to it... just seeing if i can catch a brake. im 19 working full time going to school full time and starting my own business... im really not a bad guy lol... i just do dumb stuff.... sometimes...

hopefully it works out - i guess things could be worse - but im hoping for the best... but expecting the worst - if that makes sense.

damn - and to make it worse, they showed me a clip on the news how in CA the cops are towing cars that are used for drag racing and crushing them in front of the owners LOL - talk abou twisting the knife!
I used to take the TL out on the country roads that ran between farms in Davis, CA. I'd never seen a cop out there, and some of the roads were very, very wide. Used to run it up all the time - though I did notice that the speeds were drastically lower on some portions of the road. Because of that, I've figured that a lot of the high speeds in low zones aren't always residential areas - so while doing double is probably not the best idea, at least it wasn't downtown in a school zone.