Specific HID Foglight Install instructions on Type-S

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2011 | 05:15 PM
Drifting

Specific HID Foglight Install instructions on Type-S

I have searched for a long time now, but I can't find specific enough instructions for me, since I no nothing about how the fog lights actually install and how the ballasts work. I'm aware this topic has been discussed a lot, I just can't find the exact info I need. Thanks in advance for the help!

Currently Installing HID Foglights on a Type S, ordered from HIDExtra.com if anyone is familiar with their kits. This is the exact kit I have:
http://www.hidextra.com/h8-standard-hid-kit

And this is on a 2007 Type-S:

So I just about have the front bumper off. The only thing remaining is little clip (ziptie?) holding onto the foglight wire on each side, passenger side is the black clip, driver side is the white clip:

Anyone have advise on freeing these wires so the bumper can come completely off?

Also, here are the pieces of the kit for one side:

Can someone explain what needs to be plugged into what? And how I need to remove the stock bulb? Like I said, my front bumper is currently off. I assumed I would be able to figure it out once the bumper was off, but I just don't know anything about ballasts and what I need to connect to what on the fog lights themselves. I did not get the relay harness as it is supposed to be plug and play.

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2011 | 06:26 PM
10th Gear

u.need a harness, ballast wont get.enough.voltage
Old 12-03-2011 | 06:32 PM
Drifting

Really? I feel like I've read in several places that you don't need the harness, so I didn't order one. It's just the 35 watt kit, isn't that the same power as the OEM fogs?
Old 12-03-2011 | 06:47 PM
Racer

i believe the harness is NOT required, but as a piece of mind safety measure so you don't burn your stock harness. The initial draw of the ballast can be too much for the stock wires to handle at times, so the harness would draw straight from your battery instead.. As for installing without a kit, it should be straight forward as to removing the halogen bulb from the foglight, taking the harness that is plugged into that bulb and plugging it into the HID connector, i have not dealt with hid kits in a long while so i don't remember exactly needs to be done, so im gonna let someone else chime in!