A-Spec kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011 | 08:28 PM
Pro

A-Spec kit

what a-spec kit looks better on a cgp in your opinion? type-s or base a-spec? and as for the front, is it even possible to fit the front type-s a-spec lip without having to buy a type-s bumper? and as for the back, which is better for getting quads? and will i need a rear type-s bumper as well to fit the a spec type-s on it? thanks!
Old 06-05-2011 | 08:37 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

No, to do this the right way will require you to buy a Type-s front bumper cover with grill and foglight housings. Your looking around $2,000 with parts, labor and paint.
Old 06-05-2011 | 08:39 PM
Race Director

I like the Type-S A-Spec better, but you'll need a Type-S front bumper...

You can cut up your base rear bumper and make the Type-S A-Spec fit.
Old 06-05-2011 | 08:41 PM

looks are subjective.
asking a bunch of strangers on what looks best is like having a group of homeless men have an orgy inside your car.

what do you enjoy more? the base or type-s look?
I'm looking forward for your next thread.
Old 06-05-2011 | 08:48 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN
No, to do this the right way will require you to buy a Type-s front bumper cover with grill and foglight housings. Your looking around $2,000 with parts, labor and paint.
damn, i really thought my front bumper is the same as a type-s's lol. https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=39112
so that won't work
Originally Posted by guitarplayer16
I like the Type-S A-Spec better, but you'll need a Type-S front bumper...

You can cut up your base rear bumper and make the Type-S A-Spec fit.
ok then i might get base aspec for front and type s rear. which rear is better on a dark car? i also plan to get quad tips
Old 06-05-2011 | 09:06 PM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by DatDereTL
damn, i really thought my front bumper is the same as a type-s's lol. https://acurazine.com/forums/picture...ictureid=39112
so that won't work

ok then i might get base aspec for front and type s rear. which rear is better on a dark car? i also plan to get quad tips
Look at each TL carefully and you will notice the difference.

04-06

07-08 base

Type-s

Pay attention

Remember you said it's only a 1% difference, but you never noticed the most obvious changes between then years...
Old 06-05-2011 | 09:28 PM
Pro

swweet thanks. i see the difference exactly now. do you know if the dealership could install the rear type-s lip if i got it? since i have to cut shit and everything i dont want to do it myself. and how much is it at dealerships? same price as vendor?
Old 06-05-2011 | 09:46 PM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

swweet thanks. i see the difference exactly now. do you know if the dealership could install the rear type-s lip if i got it? since i have to cut shit and everything i dont want to do it myself. and how much is it at dealerships? same price as vendor?
If they are douche bag dealer, they will tell you the whole " we dont want to be involved Frankensteining the car " bull.. ( i got that response before when trying to find parts and compatibilities). They will most likely tell you to buy a type-s bumper + lip.

Even if you custom fit a rear type-s lip.. you will need some quads to fill up that huge gap for the exhaust
Old 06-05-2011 | 09:48 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Twisdit
If they are douche bag dealer, they will tell you the whole " we dont want to be involved Frankensteining the car " bull.. ( i got that response before when trying to find parts and compatibilities). They will most likely tell you to buy a type-s bumper + lip.

Even if you custom fit a rear type-s lip.. you will need some quads to fill up that huge gap for the exhaust
ya man im planning on getting quads
Old 06-05-2011 | 09:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

I am not sure if the dealership will cut up your base bumper.

It's not that hard actually. Take a dremel tool, and start cutting. That's what I did. It is ok if you cut the opening a little too wide, the type-s aspect will be able to cover it up nicely. Also good thing with the 07-08 base is that the base bumper has that opening design, so you don't have to do a make shift insert after you put on the a-spec.

There is a tutorial on this site that tells you how to cut it up and stuff. Also the type-s a-spec rear has different screw locations than the base. SO you will have to measure and drill in new holes... your base bumper will not have drill locations for the type-s.

If you really want someone to do it, I'd take it to a body shop maybe? They will also paint match the type-S rear

In the end it's worth it. Here's my Carbon Gray Pearl with Type-S rear and base front a-spec

Old 06-05-2011 | 10:00 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Twisdit

Originally Posted by P1zzaman
I am not sure if the dealership will cut up your base bumper.

It's not that hard actually. Take a dremel tool, and start cutting. That's what I did. It is ok if you cut the opening a little too wide, the type-s aspect will be able to cover it up nicely. Also good thing with the 07-08 base is that the base bumper has that opening design, so you don't have to do a make shift insert after you put on the a-spec.

There is a tutorial on this site that tells you how to cut it up and stuff. Also the type-s a-spec rear has different screw locations than the base. SO you will have to measure and drill in new holes... your base bumper will not have drill locations for the type-s.

If you really want someone to do it, I'd take it to a body shop maybe? They will also paint match the type-S rear

In the end it's worth it. Here's my Carbon Gray Pearl with Type-S rear and base front a-spec

LOVE how it looks. wait, so i have to paint this right? they dont come color matched? and yea i might just take it to a shop i know i will mess this up lol
Old 06-05-2011 | 10:13 PM
Three Wheelin'

LOVE how it looks. wait, so i have to paint this right? they dont come color matched? and yea i might just take it to a shop i know i will mess this up lol
Type-S doesn't come in CGP, so yes, got to paint it.
Old 06-05-2011 | 10:17 PM
Pro

10-4. love your cgp man. tastefully modded just like i plan to do mine. i just need more caaaash
Old 06-05-2011 | 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by P1zzaman
Type-S doesn't come in CGP, so yes, got to paint it.
type-s comes in a gray color, is that not the carbon gray pearl? if not, what is it?

also, are the 04-06 rear and 07-08 base rear the same? same aspec rear lip too?

also, side skirts for all 04-08 are same?

one more random one, what is the difference between base and type S seats? i dont like the two toned black/gray seats on my type s that much, i'd prefer the all black from the base tl. does my type s ugly seats AT LEAST have some advantages like holds you better in corners or more comfortable?
Old 06-06-2011 | 12:00 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by 04WDPSeDaN

ok i have a 08 base tl. So in order to put the type s Aspec lip. I need to get all that? i thought the grill is the same. These must be minor changes. the only difference i can see is the fog light is curved downwards..sorry i am a newbie. trying to figure things out. thanks for dealing with me
Old 06-06-2011 | 05:54 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Originally Posted by JDMike
ok i have a 08 base tl. So in order to put the type s Aspec lip. I need to get all that? i thought the grill is the same. These must be minor changes. the only difference i can see is the fog light is curved downwards..sorry i am a newbie. trying to figure things out. thanks for dealing with me
Grill will fit from one to the other, however if you want the chrome look then you will need to type-s grill. As for the foglights the housings are different from the type-s to the base you will need new housings. As I stated 2k if not more is the usual figure for doing a whole swap.
Old 06-06-2011 | 06:24 AM

10-4. love your cgp man. tastefully modded just like i plan to do mine. i just need more caaaash
Please, re-do your brake calipers, then.

tastefully modded does not mean the stock 5at calipers are blue
Old 06-06-2011 | 02:18 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by justnspace
Please, re-do your brake calipers, then.

tastefully modded does not mean the stock 5at calipers are blue
those calipers are REALLY bothering you aren't they? lol. they aren't permanent dude ill prob repaint black them when i get some wheels
Old 06-06-2011 | 02:23 PM

those calipers are REALLY bothering you aren't they? lol. they aren't permanent dude ill prob repaint black them when i get some wheels
your whole thought process is bothering me.
should have done them black to begin with.
remember to stay classy, my friend.
Old 06-07-2011 | 02:26 PM
Pro

haha. will do boss
Old 04-02-2012 | 01:58 PM
'08 TL-S 6MT

Anyone have pics of a-specs on stock NBP UA7s?