Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Someone talk me out of it......

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by Majofo
meow.. actually if you have the funds.. it's the perfect time to buy. I'm under the assumption that HEK has a steady foundation if his kids are out of the house.
lol if you have the funds, you should not be wasting them on depreciating assets.....lol did any of you dudes pass common sense 101 class?

with GM getting ready to ax off 24K+ jobs, what exactly do you think the result is going to be in an economy that is shrinking faster than the gooberment expected?
Old 04-30-2009, 12:54 PM
2008 335i e92 6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eww.. heineken.. c'mon man.. where's the ale?
eww heineken? pfft notice how most of them are gone already LOL xP
Old 04-30-2009, 12:58 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It doesn't hurt to shop around. If your company is giving you a discount to buy a Nissan, might as well shop for a Nissan. Do you work for Nissan? Good luck on your new car purchase.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
lol if you have the funds, you should not be wasting them on depreciating assets.....lol did any of you dudes pass common sense 101 class?

with GM getting ready to ax off 24K+ jobs, what exactly do you think the result is going to be in an economy that is shrinking faster than the gooberment expected?
You should never buy a new car. Ever. Worst purchase one can make.

However, GM's financial straits really have no effect on the vast majority of the workforce. If you've got the money to buy a car, go for it. I am.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
i saw the 370 in person for the first time the other night... i didn't like the center of the rear bumper since it looks like a big sq... i saw a white version so maybe another color may change my opinion... but i didn't like the bubbly lines of the front either... looked to Eclipse-ish...

with GM and the other domestics in trouble, i would prob rather dump my money into a Vette if i was in the market for a sports car.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:09 PM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
Originally Posted by HEK
Automatic cars are for aiming....and if you're right about the gearbox I will invite you over TO HELP ME CLEAN MY FRIDGE (providing you're old enough, but in Ohio I know the drinking age is 12....lol)

I am not a fan of Nissan gearboxs / trannies. Could just be me, but I've driven Gs and Zs and didn't like shifting in either of them.

But if I am wrong, you can come help me clean out my fridge...lol
Old 04-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by CocheseUGA

However, GM's financial straits really have no effect on the vast majority of the workforce. If you've got the money to buy a car, go for it. I am.
wow....they don't? when they scale back, so do their suppliers and anyone else associated with them........have you not noticed what happens when people don't have jobs? It's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better......
Old 04-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts

Well.. you can hold onto your money.. but if no one spends any, your money won't be worth much down the road. Now is not the time to be in debt, but if the government is creating tax credits and trying to infuse the U.S. infrastructure & create jobs.. that means they are investing by going deeper into deficit to see a return from consumer spending. Spending money now is the thing to do. If consumer's don't buy then the trillion dollars that the U.S. govt just printed, which btw isn't backed by anything!, will sink the dollar even further. If you have money - buy! there's outstanding deals right now.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:17 PM

awe man.. c'mon.. bud light & miller light? well at least none of you guys have malt flavored bvgs.. you guys are married.. break out the gut already.. lol. :belch:
Old 04-30-2009, 01:18 PM
Banned

wow....they don't? when they scale back, so do their suppliers and anyone else associated with them........have you not noticed what happens when people don't have jobs? It's gonna get a lot worse before it gets better......
Uh, yeah. While the auto industry is rather large, it won't affect all sectors of the economy. Also, there will be people who actually end up better off.

For example, my wife and I won't be affected at all.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:26 PM
2008 335i e92 6MT

i've had a few nissans, and personally i dont think the quality/reliability/longevity is as good as a honda or acura.

but i did hear that if you buy a nissan titan truck then they give you a altima with it out the door o_O. not sure if its legit but damn 2 for 1? but yeahs the new 370 is hella cheap at 29k but dealers will most likely put them out for 30-31 regardless of the economy to make some kind of money.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:10 PM
wishing for a GT-R

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
its ugly! dont doo it! lol
Old 04-30-2009, 02:15 PM
"Advance"

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
I tried the 370z, the G37 COUPE and the brand new SH-AWD TL and IN MY OPINION!!!

Get the new SH-AWD TL Its sooooooo nice to drive, it feel heavy and very powerfull for a 4 door. You get more spaces then the other compared models and you got 4WD for all seasons....and 300+HP

When people will start moding this car will be CRAZY!!

again this is my opinion and everybody have the right to get my opinion
Old 04-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by VmtSquad
I tried the 370z, the G37 COUPE and the brand new SH-AWD TL and IN MY OPINION!!!

Get the new SH-AWD TL Its sooooooo nice to drive, it feel heavy and very powerfull for a 4 door. You get more spaces then the other compared models and you got 4WD for all seasons....and 300+HP

When people will start moding this car will be CRAZY!!

again this is my opinion and everybody have the right to get my opinion
Unfortunately, it's also - by far - the ugliest one.

If you think you might need a rear seat, though, get the G37. It's also sex on wheels.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:36 PM
J Bill

I too like the 370. One thing that would bug me is there is a ton of 350s/370s in comparison to TLs around here. That may be different in the Northeast where you are at but I like the relative exclusivity of the TL (especially a modded TL) compared to the Zs. I probably see 10 Zs for every TL I see and I almost never see a modded TL in this part of the country. Nevertheless, that blue Z made me drool just a little bit.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Race Director

Received 1,544 Likes on 1,197 Posts
awe man.. c'mon.. bud light & miller light? well at least none of you guys have malt flavored bvgs.. you guys are married.. break out the gut already.. lol. :belch:
Oh that's to get many people drunk. I don't really drink domestic beer myself at all anymore. Been partial to Saisons lately.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Maharajamd
Oh that's to get many people drunk. I don't really drink domestic beer myself at all anymore. Been partial to Saisons lately.
Never tried.. I'll have to pick that up..

now back to the topic.. I do agree that mixing in a fat Chinese chick did drop the design points on the 4G but it looks like they designed the 370Z out of the 350Z & staple remover.. blah.. you can't even get busy in that sucker..
Old 04-30-2009, 03:19 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Gotta say I disagree with that, now is most likely the best time to buy a new car as the pricing on a new car is most likely better than that you would get on a CPO or a lightly used car considering the financing and rebate offers on a lot of new cars.

The bad economy effects alot of people but there are also plenty of people well offf and settled in who have disposable cash.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jiggy2dmax
Gotta say I disagree with that, now is most likely the best time to buy a new car as the pricing on a new car is most likely better than that you would get on a CPO or a lightly used car considering the financing and rebate offers on a lot of new cars.

The bad economy effects alot of people but there are also plenty of people well offf and settled in who have disposable cash.
Actually, I'm referring to the universal truth of you shouldn't buy a new car...because it's a horrible investment. You should always buy a used car if you want to reap the most out of your money.

Now in this economy, the dealers are extra motivated to make that gap smaller. But the gap is still there.

Clarkanomics 101
Old 04-30-2009, 05:18 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
meow.. actually if you have the funds.. it's the perfect time to buy. I'm under the assumption that HEK has a steady foundation if his kids are out of the house.
Oldest Manager /CSR for Comcast, next Chef in an exclusive restaurant in NYC, next LP Nurse and the little one is a Marine...all now on their own and with jobs, thank God...

But today my day did not turn out as I expected it, as I spent most of the day with wifey and never got around to the dealer, ironically almost a mile away from home I saw this Blue 370 pulling out of a parking lot with dealer plates and I let him cut in front so I can see it from every angle. It looks wide, wifey's reaction was...." you park a mile away as it is when we take the TL, I can see myself calling a cab when we go out on that thing and you park 10 miles away...."...she likes it...weird how you guys knew about me wanting to change the car before she did....

I work for a world wide Elevator company for a little over 23 years and in 5 years my plans are to retire. Having paid off the TL and almost having paid off the Jeep Rubicon will leave me with little debt, except my morgage, I have zero credit card debt, so if the numbers fall in place I think I can afford an extra $300 a month for the next 5 years....
Old 04-30-2009, 05:31 PM
Acuras Only in

Good for you as this is a good time to buy a new/used car as it's a buyer's market ... as far as OP mentioned about buying a depreciated assets (thus making sense only buying used), the only down side is that I don't know how the previous owner/owners treat their cars, so somehow it's a risk I never like to take ...
Old 05-01-2009, 08:11 AM
'05 6MT w/Nav A-Spec

Actually, I'm referring to the universal truth of you shouldn't buy a new car...because it's a horrible investment. You should always buy a used car if you want to reap the most out of your money.
I disagree. Some people - like my dad - buy a car and keep it forever until it dies. The old chevy van he just got rid of had around 300K on the odo when it stopped breathing. Sometimes it's nice to buy a new car knowing the full maintenance history of it and starting at the beginning. If you like to trade in cars every 2-3 years, then yeah going used is the way to go.

Oh, and the G37 is sweet, it's so sad to hear about the vibration problems though.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:18 AM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well kids, the wifey and I drove to NJ this past weekend on the TL and after almost 350 miles driving it, I made the decision to keep it, as I also found out that there are some overheating issues.
Thanks for your support, opinions and whatever you threw at me, all in all I have a good vehicle and have all the options I want on it...so again thanks...maybe I'll ask the same question in a year or so....
Old 05-05-2009, 09:34 AM

overheating? thermostat / coolant leak / water pump? Glad to hear you're keeping the TL!
Old 05-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by AngeloUCF
I disagree. Some people - like my dad - buy a car and keep it forever until it dies. The old chevy van he just got rid of had around 300K on the odo when it stopped breathing. Sometimes it's nice to buy a new car knowing the full maintenance history of it and starting at the beginning. If you like to trade in cars every 2-3 years, then yeah going used is the way to go.

Oh, and the G37 is sweet, it's so sad to hear about the vibration problems though.
You're still - always - better off financially buying that same vehicle a year old or more. Always. Even with possible repairs. Go to clarkhoward.com and look it up. The facts are there.
Old 05-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DO i dare say it... go BMW M5 sickkkkk
Old 05-05-2009, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by MAC TL
DO i dare say it... go BMW M5 sickkkkk
I prefer the M6.. but you can get the R35 GT-R for less.
Old 05-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
You're still - always - better off financially buying that same vehicle a year old or more. Always. Even with possible repairs. Go to clarkhoward.com and look it up. The facts are there.
I'm not familiar with the website so I won't comment on that. Financially is only looking at it one way, a new car comes with a new car warranty and with little to no main to be done in the next 2-3 years. A used car, CPO or not will most likely require some preventative maintenance before its good as new. If your buying a new car with the intention of keeping it until the wheels fall off, buying new may benefit.

Not all decisions are financial, I got my Tl-S brand new for about $2600 more than the cheapest demo/CPO I could find knowing it wasn't beat on and I was the first owner was worth it to me. Best financial decision, most likely not but piece of mind...yes
Old 05-06-2009, 12:08 AM
1st Gear

NO Impuse Trading....

Write down 3 reasons that you would want the shiny new object. Then write down 3 more that you would keep the TL other than the fact that it caresses you, satisfies the impulse to drive like Micheal Andretti (traffic light to traffic light) and its 4 door so the kids are not crawling in and out. Tuck it in a book on the night stand. Leave it for a week. If when you go back to it, you still want to trade then ok. Odds are you will not. That's how I resist.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:42 AM
07TL-CBP

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I say, wear out the new car bug - go test drive, admire, drool and finally settle back into your nice/low mileage/reliable TL. If the TL is paid off, at least enjoy the $0 car payment for another couple of years.

I am indifferent about the Zs - bubble styling seems outdated. A really nice sports coupe may be a better fit.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:55 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by HEK
Well kids, the wifey and I drove to NJ this past weekend on the TL and after almost 350 miles driving it, I made the decision to keep it, as I also found out that there are some overheating issues.
Thanks for your support, opinions and whatever you threw at me, all in all I have a good vehicle and have all the options I want on it...so again thanks...maybe I'll ask the same question in a year or so....
In my practical old age I agree 100% with your decision. You have a very good, fun and paid for vechicle. It should provide satisfaction and transportation for many miles and years.

Any interest in a nice inexpensive used weekend toy? When you get tired of it you can just sell it and get most of your money back!
Old 05-06-2009, 01:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by Hi speed
I say buy a blower for the TL and have some real fun. The 370z is going to be pretty expensive regardless of discount. 10k for a blower and some exhaust and you are driving a F-1 car.
F1 cars are FWD now??