Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some stupid B!@#$ Crashed my Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:23 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by MR1
It's very simple. You have an ongoing business relationship with your insurance company. They would like for that to continue. In the case of an accident you are on the same team and desire similar outcomes. They are the professionals that you have paid to represent you against the enemy, anyone who has harmed or could harm your relationship with them.

The other insurance company owes you nothing. In fact if they could make you disappear they would do just that. Once they get you to sign off on their offer they never want to talk to you again. You have a negative effect on their bottom line. They don't know you and have little incentive to make you happy long term. It's not personal, just business.

If you and the other party have the same insurance, the insurance company wants to make everyone happy and protect their profits at the same time. Like the person that replied after your post said, usually if not you fault, no deductible is collected from you. All of this assumes that you have a typical insurance policy with a professional company.
Ok we will just agree to disagree. I am sure you can cite instances where you are correct and so can I and probably both due to personal experiences. And if people really think its about personal relationships and that your insurance company thinks any more of you than a statistic well go right on ahead I will continue to look at insurance companies as a business and will do whatever is needed to protect their bottom line.

In fact I would say their insurance company owes you everything. Your insurance owes you nothing. But again I suppose its how we look at things.

D
Old 05-27-2008, 05:54 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Agree to disagree on most points. Agree, I should have stated business relationship. Yes they are businesses looking out for their own bottom line.

Hope it works out to OP's reasonable satisfaction.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:19 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Edwardlanti
I know man... The good thing is that the damage is not as huge as it looks... The frame of the body didnt bend or anything... Well I hope so... The car is in the shop right now just waiting for the police department to move their asses so I can get the copy of the report

oye edward pero la goma se ve doblada que te dice de eso... eso es medio caro tu esta seguro que el chaissi no esta doblado... lagente aqui se estan sobando there head LIKE wha is he talking about but hope to see ur car mint once again... and by the way switch that scratch rim u had to the one they crashed so u could get a new one..... lol... awesome
Old 06-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Intermediate

Update: I just came from the body shop where my car is at because the guy from the insurance company was going over to make a estimate for all the damages... He gave me a print out for the all the pieces that he saw are damaged... The total that he gave me came out to almost $5000... now I am going to ask the guys at the auto shop to give me a estimate of their own and I also going to need a estimate how much is going to cost to paint the car in the front.. What do you guys suggest me to do now?
Old 06-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Edwardlanti
Update: I just came from the body shop where my car is at because the guy from the insurance company was going over to make a estimate for all the damages... He gave me a print out for the all the pieces that he saw are damaged... The total that he gave me came out to almost $5000... now I am going to ask the guys at the auto shop to give me a estimate of their own and I also going to need a estimate how much is going to cost to paint the car in the front.. What do you guys suggest me to do now?
Who's insurance company did you get the estimate from? Well, I guess it doesn't matter. Also, the shop where the adjuster is at is obligated to do all the repairs for the quoted price or you can take the check and get it done elsewhere.

Were you IN the car? Did you get anything for pain and suffering? I would make sure you get checked out at the doctor's office at the very least just in case you got whiplash or soft tissue damage. Once you sign the check, the chick and her insurance won't be liable for anything else that might have resulted from this accident. You want to make sure you get covered just in case.
Old 06-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
dude, i'm SORRY. what the GAY! ne who, i'd say call your insurance company...have them take care of it...that's what you pay them for ne ways...
but hey, at least your premium won't go up right? clearly she's at fault...

...you shoulda knocked that GUY out; err...whoever was trying to get into her car...

gg and gl maangg!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:02 PM
Cruisin'

I feel for you

I feel for you. I was rear-ended 5 weeks ago in my 2007. Had the car 6 days and odometer read 666 at the time of impact! The car has been in the shop and went to paint Monday. The adjuster had to go back out and reassess the damage. Original estimate was $7500, now the amount is $10,000. The insurance didn't total the car. I wish they would have. 9 hours worth of frame damage. The guy rear-ended me and then I hit the car in front of me. I am going through my insurance and letting them deal with the at fault driver's insurance company. I am also filing a diminished value claim with the at fault driver's insurance company. I had an apprasial company give me the amount of DV and it is $12,600!!! Think you guys have it bad??? Anyway, just needed to vent. I am beside myself with anger as this ahole hit me and I have to deal with it. Brand new beautiful car!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 03:08 PM
'04 NBP TL AT/Navi

man that sucks.. i usually get at least 3 different quotes and take it to my buddies shop that will do a much better job for me for much less..

on a side note what happened to the asshole that was on her hood? was he dazed and confused laying on the pavement or what?
Old 06-21-2008, 11:19 AM
Intermediate

hey guys i got my car back yesterday ... thank god that the main frame of the car didnt bend or anything... all the damage was absorbed behind the wheel.. they had to change almost everything in there... they also did a good job blending in the door and fender.. so I am happy

Old 06-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
looks good congrats